• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Did somebody mention Himegoto? Because I hated that anime since a majority of that series is essentially unpunished harassment.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
While I can't judge Himegoto much since I only watched the first episode, I can't complain too much since I'll watch almost any anime that appeals to my moe interests. Animes like K-On!, Is the Order A Rabbit?, and Non Non Biyori to name a few are really enjoyable in my book.

In unrelated news, my doubles match with Zareidriel was on our tournament recording set up and has been uploaded

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
WHY CAN I NEVER BEAT KING DEDEDE
WHYYYYYYYYYY

Doesn't help that the last several Dedede players I've faced have all been the "GG scrub" bad winner types that aren't even any good (not to paint all Dedede players with the same brush).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys, can I ask for you opinion on my current run in FE:A.

At the moment, I am doing a MU!MxAnna run through on Hard Newcomer and I was wondering if I could get you opinion on the parings I have done. Note, these aren't just for the best stats. It is a mix between best stats for the child and to unlock new support logs. So here is my list

Chrom- Sumia (this I am certain with)
MU-Anna
Lissa-Henry
Sully-Gregor
Miriel- Libra
Maribelle-Ricken
Panne-Fredrick
Cordelia-Lon'qu
Nowi-Stahl
Tharja-Kellum
Oliva-Gaius
Cherche-Vaike

The man do miss a partner this run is Donnel. Thoughts?

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
WHYYYYYYYYYY

Doesn't help that the last several Dedede players I've faced have all been the "GG scrub" bad winner types that aren't even any good (not to paint all Dedede players with the same brush).
It's probably just like me playing :4robinm: against :4link:. You'll beat :4dedede: eventually. You just gotta revise whatever strategy you've been using; or discard it and start from scratch. Don't keep trying something if it's not working; keep using anything that works for as long as it does.

Now that's strategy. :4robinm::4robinf:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
WHYYYYYYYYYY

Dedede has horrible mobility and very slow moves. To get the advantage, just get in on him and rush him down and he'll be like

D

Deleted member

Dedede has horrible mobility and very slow moves. To get the advantage, just get in on him and rush him down and he'll be like
But how can you really do that with Robin? He is a zoner, not a rush down character.

Honestly, Dedede gives me some trouble as well, even with Luigi. Maybe I should go for Falcon in this fight... perhaps a pocket Little Mac as well.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
But how can you really do that with Robin? He is a zoner, not a rush down character.

Honestly, Dedede gives me some trouble as well, even with Luigi. Maybe I should go for Falcon in this fight... perhaps a pocket Little Mac as well.
Don't give him room to breathe. Perhaps I worded it wrong: you don't exactly have to rush him down, but stay in close range and use your quickest attacks; punish his slow ones whenever you can.

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
Against Dedede, I just spam the Levin Sword back air. Its fast and does a lot of damage. I found it also fairly easy to Nosferatu triple D. Arcfire works fairly well, and you have plenty of room to charge Thunder if you run away.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Just because Robin isn't a rushdown Character doesn't mean he can't keep pressure on a character.

What? Nah, you're kidding-

*opens Link social*

i am never going there again
Wha? Why not? I go there all the time. Gets kind of lonely sometimes. :c

D

Deleted member

Just because Robin isn't a rushdown Character doesn't mean he can't keep pressure on a character.
I know. :p
I love playing mind games with Thoron. It's just hilarious to see someone predict a Thoron, only for it not to come out.
Robin can put the pressure on the opponent with strategy and exploiting patterns and weaknesses. Sometimes, it's just a bit harder against some characters like Captain Falcon and maybe even King Dedede.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
WHYYYYYYYYYY

I share your pain. *pats*
Curse you dedede, YOU WILL KNOW THE PAIN YOU CAUSED ME... AND MOYDOW!!!

Obligatory xenoblade reference amirite

My friend plays dedede as well and jeez... That grab game hurts so much. I suppose I should do get better at analyzing the opponent. \ o /
"GG scrub" though? Being able to communicate with names has been really neat, specially when you meet someone chill but I feel like if people like this keep saying rude things, that priveledge will be taken away... :c
Unless the report system actually works.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
WHYYYYYYYYYY

@ shrooby shrooby

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Rule 63.

Warning, if you click deeper into links on that page, I'm not responsible for what you find. The landing page is safe, though.
Wait, why are we talking about Rule 63?

Better yet? Never mind.

I sometimes call her FemMarth for a good reason.

Also, this is relevant:

For those that don't get it, Laura Bailey did one of the female voices for the avatar character in Saint's Row: The Third.
Now I'm tempted to play Saint's Row: The third. Just because of that. Maybe.

Last edited:

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink

I love the internet. <3
I shipped it before it was cool.

So, Silent Hills is cancelled.
Why do I feel that without Kojima, Konami is pretty much dead?
Because Konami is a terrible company that has already ruined its 2 other most popular IPs, along with just about any good faith the public had left of them.

I typed in "Rule 63 Marth" in my Google search engine.
This was the first result.

I lol'd.
Lucina has more personality than Marth. Still funny.

Don't forget silly stuff like this.

If by 'silly stuff' you mean 'one of the greatest moments in video game history' yes, it is 'silly stuff'.

If the rumors about Ryu being in Smash is true, and Capcom becomes the first company to have 2 3rd party Smash characters in a game, then I have to wonder: Why haven't they just made Nintendo VS. Capcom yet?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Whatever happened to @NonSpecificGuy? I haven't seen him destroying my alert box in a while.

Granted I haven't been around lately. But still...

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
WHYYYYYYYYYY

Dedede is like a steel wall, he can zone you out with his projectile and hammer range, and has some deceptively safe moves.
I'd say keep your distance and remember to hit those gordos back at him to find openings .
Also git gud :4dedede:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For those that don't get it, Laura Bailey did one of the female voices for the avatar character in Saint's Row: The Third.
I would play as Lucina more if she had these voice clips.

I guess we'll wait for the modding community to do that.

Because Konami is a terrible company that has already ruined its 2 other most popular IPs, along with just about any good faith the public had left of them.
They are also killing off the Hudson IPs they acquired.
Bomberman... :cry::crying::cry::crying:

If the rumors about Ryu being in Smash is true, and Capcom becomes the first company to have 2 3rd party Smash characters in a game, then I have to wonder: Why haven't they just made Nintendo VS. Capcom yet?
I think Nintendo has to give them the rights to do so.
I would be OK if there was a Nintendo vs. Capcom, but I think a lot of characters would be left out. Nintendo just has a lot more iconic characters than Capcom...
I will be so sad if Shulk or Robin didn't make the cut. :( I will be ticked if they made Luigi an alternate costume instead of his own character.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
If you're playing as Robin against Dedede, just use sh nair. It keeps him out well and easily knocks back the gordo. Heck, practically half of Robin's move knock back Gordo including elthunder. Dedede has to approach you, which makes it a losing matchup for him given all of our zoning tools.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Hey:happysheep:
Welcome dear.
Hope you like it here, any question you can bug us all you want and...

Hey, at least you folks you'll get sooner than me:(
I'll have to wait for it getting dubbed.
Ofc, I could always download it in English from internet, but I actually liked the dub of this animation.
and then I'm not accustomed at hearing English, so I may have a hard time with some parts.

Raz is inspiring
@Syrek's still my gentleman, though. Sorry.

Seriously, it will help me a lot. :cheep: I'm honestly kind of spechless, though, so sorry if I sound weird.
Also, I wouldn't mind partially sponsoring you, as @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal put it, though I'm not sure if I could give much money, considering how the dollar exchange rate is kinda salty at the moment for me.
You're one of the best Robin mains around, if not the best, considering Nairo isn't even playing as much with Robin recently. Most matches I see him playing with ZSS nowdays.
Just because you don't see my Robin a lot does not mean it got worse. Not how it works lol (Also used her in teams with vinnie at UGC Niagara and beat Ally and Holy 3-1 in WFs and 3-1 in GFs (the one game we lost in GFs I went diddy to mess with allys diddy lolol)

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Capcom gets a second rep, I want SEGA to get a second rep. Let's NiGHTS it up in here.

Yikes, after reading a little bit of that, I'm glad I only stick to this thread :083:
Have you started your Blue run btw @ Mr. Johan Mr. Johan ?
If by blue, you mean my blue complexion from lab after lab after lab and presentations back to back these past few weeks, then yes, I'm well into that Blue run. I'm in the academic equivalent of fighting Level 31 Dugtrio in Diglett Cave with nothing but a Pikachu.

I'll get to the Blue run by Friday don't worry

D

Deleted member

Yeah Pro Tip:

Always take a buddy when you go on a field trip to the Lonk Boards.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I don't know why, but I have a really hard time doing n-airs. Always comes out as a f-air instead. I have no problem with neutral B in the air, though, funnily enough.

also I should probably mention that I wasn't fighting the Dedede as :4robinm:, I was fighting him as :4zss:
although I can't seem to get the better of Dedede with any character, so *shrug*

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Just because you don't see my Robin a lot does not mean it got worse. Not how it works lol (Also used her in teams with vinnie at UGC Niagara and beat Ally and Holy 3-1 in WFs and 3-1 in GFs (the one game we lost in GFs I went diddy to mess with allys diddy lolol)
Congrats on the win by the way. Your matches against Ally in both doubles and singles were quite enjoyable. Since you're here, I've been wondering, have you played around more with Robin's customs? I recall you saying awhile ago that you don't really like the customs for your characters but some of us were thinking speed thunder have potential and in some match-ups firewall might be useful.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
WHYYYYYYYYYY

Funnily Raz and I just gone done with a bunch'a matches. :4dedede:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
*Irrelevant Text Removed*
Holy Crap.

It's Nairo.

If there's anything I can get you to make your stay in the R.S.T more pleasant, please let me know.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Sometimes I feel like no one can talk about @ Nairo Nairo without him finding out about it. Like one day I'll talk about him the Swordspider boards without tagging him and he'll still know.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
wait wat wut.
what are you doing here.
I didn't link you *runs away*
I didn't mean you got worse, though.
You are a incredible Robin player, one that I respect a lot:happysheep:
More like that I don't get to see your Robin anymore in tournaments, or at least the matches that I saw.

It's called namesearching, Antonykun.

I do it too.
Good to know.
I'll use nicknames then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom