• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Pikachu and Sonic both pressure from a character length away, have throw followups, a very good tilt to tell them to back off, a good Fair to space and set momentum, and a move to close the gap in a heartbeat (QA, Spindash). I can see the similarities.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
...honestly? Sure, I'll GIMP something together for you sometime, just tag me.

First to ask crosses the finish line. There is no second place. :4falcon:

Also, on the subject of excellent Pokemon R63, I see yours and raise you this:

I like how I attempted to expand my quoted post and SB just flat-out refused. Even the site knows.
Oh wow, she's gorgeous.....

Between this and Revival of F, my childhood is going Super Saiyan.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I just fought a good :4dedede: in For Glory, and while I did lose the first match, I started winning it out once I figured out his strategy and started to chuck his gordos back at him. You just want him as far away from you as possible. :4robinf:

Of course, I would rather just show 'em the power of radiance if you know what I mean. :4myfriends:
I'm surprised everybody here seems to have a lot of trouble with 3D. I don't think I've ever lost a match against him on FG. (not even as Rabins:4robinm::4robinf:) Not even against really good players who beat me when they play as any character other than Triple-D. His Gordo throw is slow and predictable. So are all of his good launching attacks. If you know your opponents next move practically every time they try and hit you, it's pretty easy to not get hit, and use the delay to your advantage.

So one of my friends likes to joke/give me crap that Robin's LS Up air has so much range. I was watching an older replay when even I was surprised that this up air connected.

(I was using my 2nd jump and did Up air at the start of it)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Kinda wish Dragon Ball Super would take place post-Uub so we can get more from that dynamic, but I guess that would ruin the ending statement from the final chapter of the manga, huh?

Ah well, maybe this series will go through the eleven different multiverses Beerus spoke of.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Kinda wish Dragon Ball Super would take place post-Uub so we can get more from that dynamic, but I guess that would ruin the ending statement from the final chapter of the manga, huh?

Ah well, maybe this series will go through the eleven different multiverses Beerus spoke of.
Or maybe... just maybe.... they'll go on a quest... to find the Dragon Balls!

*applause*

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Welcome! Sadly there isn't a way to play a male/female variant of every color. But of course Little Mac is an exception for whatever reason because wire frame Mac.

Please Understand.
I want my green F!Robin.:c

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

*applause*
Except now they can do it so easily it's not even a challenge. At this point Shenron just assumes that it's going to be the Z fighters anytime he gets summoned. "HAS IT EVEN BEEN A YEAR!" (Any TeamFourStar fans in the house?)

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428

*applause*
*Goku vanishes*
*Goku reappears immediately with the Dragonballs*
"Hey everyone, I got them! Now we can finally wish for lunch!"

"Hmmm...
Muffin Button..."

Seriously though, after getting a bit into the silly goodness that is Dragonball Xenoverse I'm totally game for a new Dragonball series.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
Congrats on the win by the way. Your matches against Ally in both doubles and singles were quite enjoyable. Since you're here, I've been wondering, have you played around more with Robin's customs? I recall you saying awhile ago that you don't really like the customs for your characters but some of us were thinking speed thunder have potential and in some match-ups firewall might be useful.
Thanks~ I have played with Robin's customs more than before but they still don't seem to click for me! Speed thunder seems alright tho. Fire wall is ok but since you can't combo off it and it has no hitbox till it lands on the floor (I think? I don't remember I can't think straight right now and I even made custom vids lolol) it may not be the best of moves but of course I need some more testing to do!

Nairo is always watching.
Lurking.
Learning.
If you post about him, he will feel obligated to post.
Be careful of Nairo.

Or that too.

NiGHTS would be cool.
Though, I wouldn't mind a second Sonic character like Tails or Knuckles.

I don't mind his speed or kill power so much; the zoning compensates for his lack of speed and he has some decent kill move set ups.
I would buff his grab, though. That crap can take forever if you miss.

Good point. Pikachu is pretty fast to the point where he could pressure Dedede...
And Pikachu's neutral B is amazing against him I believe...
I'll try some rounds with him in For Glory when I get home from school. I want to see if I am at least adequate with Pikachu.
Rawr!!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
...honestly, I need to invest in a capture card. You got any recommendations?
The one I use is the Elgato Game Capture HD. It's reasonably priced, and can record from pretty much every system. It's not so great if you plan on streaming though, as there's a delay between the picture being displayed on the TV, and the video being recorded, so commentary won't match up to the video.

The main alternative I know of is the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable. It's a bit cheaper and has less encoding delay, so it's better for streaming, but I'm not sure if it can record from systems that don't have HDMI output (which is the main reason why I got the Elgato).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The one I use is the Elgato Game Capture HD. It's reasonably priced, and can record from pretty much every system. It's not so great if you plan on streaming though, as there's a delay between the picture being displayed on the TV, and the video being recorded, so commentary won't match up to the video.

The main alternative I know of is the AverMedia Live Gamer Portable. It's a bit cheaper and has less encoding delay, so it's better for streaming, but I'm not sure if it can record from systems that don't have HDMI output (which is the main reason why I got the Elgato).
Woof. Both of those make my wallet cry, but I'll save up.

That said I'm thinking of going with the Eigato as well for a couple reasons:
1. It's actually slightly cheaper here in the states. Have a look. Now have another look. Sounds like good fortune to me.
2. I don't plan on streaming, since I have neither a voice anyone wants to hear nor gameplay anyone wishes to watch.
Says the person who spammed replays in your general direction.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Just beat Breath of Fire IV, loved it, definitely my favorite RPG on the PS1 and one of my favorites as a whole. Too bad the upcoming game is mobile exclusive.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Woof. Both of those make my wallet cry, but I'll save up.

That said I'm thinking of going with the Eigato as well for a couple reasons:
1. It's actually slightly cheaper here in the states. Have a look. Now have another look. Sounds like good fortune to me.
2. I don't plan on streaming, since I have neither a voice anyone wants to hear nor gameplay anyone wishes to watch.
Says the person who spammed replays in your general direction.
Heya

I first bought the Elgato Game Capture HD (not 60) and it wasn't bad at all, but I wanted 60FPS support. If you don't care for frames, this is actually pretty decent

I then bought the AverMedia ExtremeCap U3 but I didn't like it as it didn't have pass-through support. You could get your own splitters and do that though. It's also not half bad, only dropping a few frames every 20 games or so I record lol

Thing is, mine broke within a month. Sorta sucks, and it's like $250-$300 wasted

So I then bought the Elgato Game Capture HD60 (the newer, rounder one) which supports pass-through play and 60FPS. It's quite nice, but it's dropped a few crucial frames in some of my recordings

If you want, you can creep my YouTube to see the quality of each capture card lol
(Deleted the original Elgato Game Capture HD clip ages ago, sorry!)

AverMedia ExtremeCap U3:

Elgato Game Capture HD60:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

I use an LGP. It can, and does, by means of a component input dongle.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Though it's pretty useful if you got a big SD card and your computer doesn't perform well.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
It does 60fps, just not at 1080p (my computer can't handle 1080p anyway).
Oh my b

What I strove for was 1080p60FPS, forgot about that lol

If you like 720p then the Elgato Game a Capture HD is almost perfect lol. Quite easy to use and it gets the job done. I really enjoyed it when I used it

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Heya.

Creeped your YT as suggested and I think I'm still going with Eigato. Probably even run it at 1080p if my comp doesn't crap out from it, although if frame dropping becomes an issue I won't cry over 720p.

Much obliged on the info and the side-by-sides, though. Same extends to all participants - @ Moydow Moydow , @ Raziek Raziek , @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A . Didn't expect to spark such a discussion.

Cross fingers my wallet can handle it come next paycheck and maybe I can stop flooding Moydow for a while.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Yeah, I've been thinking about getting the Elgato Game Capture for my birthday/birthday money. (Not that I can't offered it already) But wasn't sure which one would be better, so I'm glad I came across this thread. :p

RIP Sigurd. I'm confused as to what to do now...
Fire Emblem Genealogy Holy Wars.png

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'm not the world's best strategist, but it looks like you run the **** away.

Also good luck with the card.
Doesn't he need to protect the castle, though?
I haven't played Genealogy, but that seems to be the kind of map.
Well, if gate bonuses on this game are anything like Thracia, maybe you could make it by putting Sigurd (whom I have heard is a beast) on it and pray that you don't get enemy crits, if you can get anyone who's not Sigurd out of this place asap.
If not, you're screwed.

D

Deleted member

I've done surprisingly well with Robin today! I almost beat a Falcon (though the loss was bitter sweet as my opponent had a massive ego), I decimated a Marth twice (who also gave my Luigi trouble!), and I had a close match against a Pit.
I'm honestly not regretting my decision to main Robin. It will take a while before I can get to top form with him.

Oh yeah, and I tried Pikachu as well... I lost every match. :(

Thanks~ I have played with Robin's customs more than before but they still don't seem to click for me! Speed thunder seems alright tho. Fire wall is ok but since you can't combo off it and it has no hitbox till it lands on the floor (I think? I don't remember I can't think straight right now and I even made custom vids lolol) it may not be the best of moves but of course I need some more testing to do!
I think poor Robin was a bit screwed in the way of customs; I only find Speed Thunder to be the most useful of the bunch. I think that charging Thunder faster, and thus get Thoron much quicker, is a good pay off for less damage.
I think that Fire Wall can be used well and practical, but I prefer regular Arcfire as you can set up combos and kills. It could be useful for more defensive players or against projectile heavy characters.
The other customs are ones that I don't pay attention to.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh yeah, and I tried Pikachu as well... I lost every match. :(
Happens man, he ain't an easy char. Got bodied more than my fair share today too if it's any consolation.

Nice work with Robin though. Next time you'll put the good Captain's ego down a few tiers. :4falcon:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Doesn't he need to protect the castle, though?
I haven't played Genealogy, but that seems to be the kind of map.
Well, if gate bonuses on this game are anything like Thracia, maybe you could make it by putting Sigurd (whom I have heard is a beast) on it and pray that you don't get enemy crits, if you can get anyone who's not Sigurd out of this place asap.
If not, you're screwed.
If it's the home castle, then yes, you have to defend it, or it's an instant game over.
And if those enemies are who I think they are (one of them has a 30 Mt sword that gives the Critical skill, and +20 Skill on top of his already high Skill stat, so "hope you don't get critted" isn't an option), I don't think the extra defence from putting Sigurd on it is going to help much.

Elezir

If it's the home castle, then yes, you have to defend it, or it's an instant game over.
And if those enemies are who I think they are (one of them has a 30 Mt sword that gives the Critical skill, and +20 Skill on top of his already high Skill stat, so "hope you don't get critted" isn't an option), I don't think the extra defence from putting Sigurd on it is going to help much.
Welp, this game doesn't have the scrolls from Thracia that protect agaisnt crits, right?
Well, he'll have to reset then, no doubt.

Also, my alert box been missing someone recently...
@NonSpecificGuy? Where are you, dear?:sadsheep:

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Thanks for the welcome @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ! I used to live in Louisville, KY ya know. Lexington too, Now I live in Ohio and I'm really close to Cleveland ^^

So I have question for all of you:
Let's say I wanted the Robin head under my name and info to be a FemRobin instead. How do I do that? (Same goes for if I pick Villager or something)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Thanks for the welcome @ redfeatherraven redfeatherraven ! I used to live in Louisville, KY ya know. Lexington too, Now I live in Ohio and I'm really close to Cleveland ^^

So I have question for all of you:
Let's say I wanted the Robin head under my name and info to be a FemRobin instead. How do I do that? (Same goes for if I pick Villager or something)
Premium exclusive feature.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I've been delving through this mess for the past few minutes and I would like to say two things.

Point one, your particular reactions in the situation were outstanding. The attempt to calm people down most admirably, but this gets brownie points from me specifically:

Snark is my favorite flavor.

Point two, I think I ain't goin bac-

:4greninja:'d count: 2
Aw thanks man. That is really nice of you :happysheep:.

And yes, I do love to (or at least try to) be snarky from time to time.

I don't mind his speed or kill power so much; the zoning compensates for his lack of speed and he has some decent kill move set ups.
I would buff his grab, though. That crap can take forever if you miss.
Yeah, I would rather a grab buff than speed. Though I wouldn't mind if they changed the angle of his Thoron to a more horizontal one.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
A question. Is this accurate?
FE1/11: no, Doluna was never really "at peace" with anyone
FE2: sort of, the two countries involved were at peace, but it was forced and unstable
FE3/12: yes
FE4: yes
FE5: no, the game takes place at a point in time at which the entire continent is at war, and it focuses more on an uprising from within
FE6: yes
FE7: no
FE8: yes
FE9: yes
FE10: there's so much backstabbing and scheming going on, it's hard to say any of the countries were at peace with each other
FE13: I don't know if you could call the relationship between Ylisse and Plegia "at peace"

Elezir

A question. Is this accurate?
I'd say yeah. It's all part of why losing your units in a fire emblem game is so painful, otherwise it wouldn't have so much impact.
You could argument that there are more soldiers canonically, though. They just aren't shown as units or anything, but in a lot of games you see npc generic soldiers from your army talking with the lord of the game. I think you don't get to see them in majority of games because they are just nameless npcs, and you wouldn't feel too bad about losing them, like you would with your other characters.
Radiant Dawn has allied units in this fashion in some maps, though, like nameless soldiers from your own army, but you can't directly control them, only give out commands.
Understandable, though, as you can't expect IS to create more than 1000 characters just to give you believable numbers for an army. Imagine the unit selection screen?:troll:
I think they could, however, have done something like this.

So I just like to imagine each unit is a general and they have numerous other invisible soldiers under their command when attacking.:roll:

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
FE1/11: no, Doluna was never really "at peace" with anyone
FE2: sort of, the two countries involved were at peace, but it was forced and unstable
FE3/12: yes
FE4: yes
FE5: no, the game takes place at a point in time at which the entire continent is at war, and it focuses more on an uprising from within
FE6: yes
FE7: no
FE8: yes
FE9: yes
FE10: there's so much backstabbing and scheming going on, it's hard to say any of the countries were at peace with each other
FE13: I don't know if you could call the relationship between Ylisse and Plegia "at peace"
I see 5 yeses, 1 sort of, and a hard to say out of 11 :shades:

Top Bottom