• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Any information on if Classic/Casual is going to return?

I really liked the Casual (yeah, I know it's wussy mode, sue me) version. It didn't stop me from resetting most of the time, but it was a nice safety net for when I screwed up late in the mission and was like "You know, I REALLY don't want to redo this entire **** can of a mission."
It's pretty much guaranteed to return for Hoshido, and there really isn't any reason why they'd remove it from Nohr, unless they really go to town with the "catering to the traditional FE fan" idea they seem to be going with for Nohr.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Funny, the news is making me consider beginning with Hoshido instead. That way the difficulty can escalate between the two runs.

It irks me somewhat, however expected it is, that they're still being so tight-lipped about the third path. If it's going to provide a conclusion to both stories, I really feel that the third path should be harder than either, rather than midway, and pend completion of the other two. Probably makes more sense if it's parallel instead, but then you'll have people who chose Nohr who are going to be irked by the lower difficulty - which, if I change my mind, would include me. Storywise, I still haven't seen anything about who are we fighting as and against, and why.

It makes me break out the Drifloons, I tell ya. Drifloons.:drflip:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
Funny, the news is making me consider beginning with Hoshido instead. That way the difficulty can escalate between the two runs.

It irks me somewhat, however expected it is, that they're still being so tight-lipped about the third path. If it's going to provide a conclusion to both stories, I really feel that the third path should be harder than either, rather than midway, and pend completion of the other two. Probably makes more sense if it's parallel instead, but then you'll have people who chose Nohr who are going to be irked by the lower difficulty - which, if I change my mind, would include me. Storywise, I still haven't seen anything about who are we fighting as and against, and why.

It makes me break out the Drifloons, I tell ya. Drifloons.:drflip:

Yea, if you plan on playing both versions, Hoshido is definitely gonna be the best one to start with. It's just going to be monotonous to play through the harder version, then the easiest.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Starting with Hoshido has been my plan for ages now, precisely because it's the easier one.
I'm gonna end up playing all three anyway, so story and characters don't really affect my decision.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
It's pretty much guaranteed to return for Hoshido, and there really isn't any reason why they'd remove it from Nohr, unless they really go to town with the "catering to the traditional FE fan" idea they seem to be going with for Nohr.
I've never understood the anger at Casual/Classic mode. Why can't they just choose Classic and be done with it? Is that so hard?

Or is this just another instance of where playing MMOs for so long has desensitized me this? If there's something I don't like, I just ignore it and go do something I do like?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wouldn't willingly side with Evil Garon.

I'll take whatever side doesn't include him in my plot.

:cheep:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I wouldn't willingly side with Evil Garon.

I'll take whatever side doesn't include him in my plot.

They described the plot of Nohr as tackling its "internal conflicts", so a large part of it is probably going to be ousting Garon (assuming he does actually end up being the bad guy, and we're not just misjudging the book by its cover).

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Starting with Hoshido has been my plan for ages now, precisely because it's the easier one.
I'm gonna end up playing all three anyway, so story and characters don't really affect my decision.
Same.

I'm not too big on the concept of having to pay just to get the full experience. :p It's like locked-content DLC in my opinion. It's just dumb/stupid/********/all the above. Even if you do get it for free eventually, I find that pretty disruptive/inconvenient considering the way I play mah games. I hope beyond hope they won't do this in the NA version. Or ever again in any other region. This doesn't even really seem like something Nintendo would do at all (except with games like Pokemon). It seems like something to be done by the likes of... the likes... of...

...(Microsoft)

I've never understood the anger at Casual/Classic mode. Why can't they just choose Classic and be done with it? Is that so hard?

Or is this just another instance of where playing MMOs for so long has desensitized me this? If there's something I don't like, I just ignore it and go do something I do like?
It's not. I had no problem with it at all, and I rarely ever play MMOs.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
They described the plot of Nohr as tackling its "internal conflicts", so a large part of it is probably going to be ousting Garon (assuming he does actually end up being the bad guy, and we're not just misjudging the book by its cover).
Garon can't be evil. He's best friends with Mr. Rogers.

Nohr's story will probably go like this: Kamui and family wrongly accuse St. Garon of being corrupt and remove him from power. A new ruler is established but does a terrible job and is exploiting the people. The new ruler reveals he or she used Kamui to remove St. Garon from power and intends to use Kamui to enslave humanity. The new ruler is ultimately defeated and the spirit of St. Garon forgives Kamui and family for their sins.

I still believe Aqua will be the main antagonist.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
upload_2015-4-29_14-51-22.png

Uh.

Unless I see him pet, like, thirty kittens in a row, I'm judging by the cover.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Kotor's St. Garon posts actually make me like the character instead of being apathetic or being disappointed by how transparently evil he is most likely.

I'll be sad if he inevitably goes against this headcanon.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
If Nohr really has different map objectives then I might have to switch to team Nohr. I like eastern style things but interesting map objectives would make the experience much more fun.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One thing I like that article is is reiterates something from the Nintendo Direct that a LOT of people missed;

No matter WHICH side you pick, you ALWAYS have access to every character.

No killing off people from the other side or anything. You still get everyone. Naturally in some cases you'll have to recruit them as enemies or they're likely missable, and it'll probably vary from side-to-side. On one side you probably get several right off the bat, though.

I'm hoping the case with the "in-between" path is that you only have to complete one side to unlock it, and not both.

EDIT: Crap, somehow parts of my information got mixed up.

EDIT 2:

This one states you get all characters from both versions:
  • The developers wanted to make a game which took the Arran/Samson choice from FE1 to its extreme
  • Hoshido has a world map.
  • Nohr has more complex maps. Besides the usual "defeat all of the enemies"/"defeat the general" maps, there will also be suppression, breakthroughs, defending bases, turn restrictions, amongst others. There are lots of map gimmicks. (We've already seen dragon's vein.)
  • Both versions of the game contain the same characters. You'll be shown different aspects of their personalities in accordance to the route you select.
  • The downloadable version does not contain both sides. It does not lock the other route when you select one. You pay to receive everything up until chapter five, and once you make a decision, you will have to download everything from chapters six, onward, for the respectful route. The second download is free because you have already paid. If you want to try the alternative version, you have to buy DLC in the same way those with physical copies will.
  • You can also save directly to your 3DS system (versus the cartridge).
  • If you decide to buy the DLC, you can load your chapter 5 data and continue from that
  • instead of starting from the beginning. Of course, you can restart if you'd like to.
  • You'll be able to experience an entire story by only playing one route. The other is a completely different story.
  • The third path is in the middle of Hoshido and Nohr in terms of difficulty. People who began with Hoshido should still be able to complete the third path.
  • You'll be able to lower the difficulty in the middle of the game if you find Nohr too hard.
  • You'll still be able to connect with people who play the alternative version. (Probably means you can streetpass someone with Nohr despite playing Hoshido, and vice versa.)
  • There will be various perks for connecting with other players.
This, however, says the opposite:
http://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/348lp6/interview_with_is_developers_by_4gamer/

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
tumblr_nm8whwrH2s1scbyh6o1_1280.jpg

Team Nohr was always the way to go. The truth is spilling, all those who chose Hoshido will fall before the glory that is Nohr.
Better maps, Crushing enemies before you, better mission objectives, your actual family... ah...
I love it.

Also I read this on the reddit post and the serenes translation
  • Some characters are completely exclusive to a path (to the point where they won't even show up in the other)
Are you sure about the every character thing? I mean, it doesn't make any sense story wise.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
One thing I like that article is is reiterates something from the Nintendo Direct that a LOT of people missed;

No matter WHICH side you pick, you ALWAYS have access to every character.

No killing off people from the other side or anything. You still get everyone. Naturally in some cases you'll have to recruit them as enemies or they're likely missable, and it'll probably vary from side-to-side. On one side you probably get several right off the bat, though.

I'm hoping the case with the "in-between" path is that you only have to complete one side to unlock it, and not both.

EDIT: Crap, somehow parts of my information got mixed up.

EDIT 2:

This one states you get all characters from both versions:

This, however, says the opposite:
http://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/348lp6/interview_with_is_developers_by_4gamer/
So which infomation is right? I am curious.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So which infomation is right? I am curious.
I'm thinking its gotta be the case that no matter which path you get, you recruit almost every character. There's maybe a few characters you won't meet. Perhaps you can recruit Garon (maybe lol?) in the Nohr path and the Hoshido royal (presumably your mother) in the Hoshido path, I'm not sure.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Garon can't be evil. He's best friends with Mr. Rogers.

Nohr's story will probably go like this: Kamui and family wrongly accuse St. Garon of being corrupt and remove him from power. A new ruler is established but does a terrible job and is exploiting the people. The new ruler reveals he or she used Kamui to remove St. Garon from power and intends to use Kamui to enslave humanity. The new ruler is ultimately defeated and the spirit of St. Garon forgives Kamui and family for their sins.

I still believe Aqua will be the main antagonist.
The real crazy thing here isn't St. Garon or anything else: it's the fact that I think Kotor is serious.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The real crazy thing here isn't St. Garon or anything else: it's the fact that I think Kotor is serious.
Serious? The Robin Social, serious?

makes-perfect-sense.png

We're in our right to believe whatever we want, though. If anything, he'll probably remain in his St. Garon delusion after the game is out for laughs.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Serious? The Robin Social, serious?

View attachment 49529

I'm serious. I honestly think @ Kotor Kotor thinks that Garon is a protagonist and that the dancer is the primary antagonist.

We're in our right to believe whatever we want, though. If anything, he'll probably remain in his St. Garon delusion after the game is out for laughs.
I'm looking forward to that day. When Garon dies. In all 3 stories.

View attachment 49517

Uh.

Unless I see him pet, like, thirty kittens in a row, I'm judging by the cover.

Try that one instead.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I do have my suspicions about Aqua/the dancer too, though I have a bad feeling she'll end up being another vessel for the evil dragon lord/key to unlocking the spirit of said evil dragon lord.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I'm thinking its gotta be the case that no matter which path you get, you recruit almost every character. There's maybe a few characters you won't meet. Perhaps you can recruit Garon (maybe lol?) in the Nohr path and the Hoshido royal (presumably your mother) in the Hoshido path, I'm not sure.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/287/G028791/20150427113/

Just want to ask, how legit is this site in terms of right infomation? I want to make sure and not get my hopes up only for it to be crushed again.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I'd honestly be disappointed if you weren't forced to kill off a good chunk of the opposing side. Gotta go all the way IS.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I'd honestly be disappointed if you weren't forced to kill off a good chunk of the opposing side. Gotta go all the way IS.
And that's why I can only play one side.

The real question is what about the third story?

D

Deleted member

I gotta say that I love all of the Garon propaganda by @ Kotor Kotor . Seriously, it always makes me chuckle. :p

Honestly, I am going to side with Hoshido. I like having the world map as I find it to be a bit more comforting for me. I just hope that it functions like in Awakening where when you beat the Chapter, you can access a store and get items. It also provided me ways to level grind with the Risen fights (but EXPonential Growth is far better in this regard).
Going from level to level with Nohr only scares me because I don't have a world map and I might have to go to some shop in the level, making getting money pretty damn limited (even though Golden Gaffe did this a million times better). In FE7, I was missing the world map as getting weapons was limited, selling weapons was limited, and level grinding was limited.

I am also hoping for a return of Casual Mode. At least in Casual Mode, I don't have to worry about perma-death. If a character dies, I am going to reset anyway, even at the very end of a chapter. If a character dies in Casual Mode, I don't need to worry about this (but it is a shame if I lose a character early on as they won't gain EXP).

One more thing, I will admit that I am slightly suspicious about Aqua. I think that she knows something that you don't... we know that Kamui suffocates her for some reason.

I like to think that it's the neutral path. You don't side with Hoshido or Nohr and you focus on bringing an end to the war.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP

Kamui should be a one person army who destroys everyone in the third story. If my female Robin can do that on my Lunatic run, then Kamui should be able to do the same. I'm only half-kidding.

In regards to the overworld map, I only like it for the shopping, especially since I hate having to send a unit or two just to get items while everyone is already engaging the enemy. Other than that, I won't miss it.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
In regards to the overworld map, I only like it for the shopping, especially since I hate having to send a unit or two just to get items while everyone is already engaging the enemy. Other than that, I won't miss it.
It also sucks not knowing when the next store is going to come, and when the next batch of money is going to come. Waste all your money on the steel weapon store only to find that three missions later a Silver Weapon store appears and you have no dinero to buy Silver Weapons. Because you didn't know that Silver Weapons were going to become available to you soon, and what's left of the last batch of Steel Weapons you bought only has single digits of durability left. Although from the pictures it sounds like durability is going away, so maybe it won't suck as bad.

The other thing I liked about the overworld map, at least in Awakening (my only FE experience outside of 7) was that it gave me something to do after I beat the game, but still wasn't burned out of the game. Even if it was just bashing risen and doing the spotpass stuff.

If the game goes mission to mission to mission (like FE7 did), I beat the last mission and that's it.

Edit:
Alternatively, maybe they're just pointing out that Hoshido will have a world map, despite being a fairly simple and straight forward game of playing as the Kindly Kingdom defending against the conquests of the Evil Empire. Whereas Nohr will have a map to begin with since it's a far more complicated and maybe will even have multiple missions available at the same time, and doing one before another can make another different. Shrug. I can dream, right?

Last edited:

BindingShield

Smash Journeyman
NNID
M2TheC
That's one of the key aspects of Fire Emblem though, budgeting. You have to know how to save or abuse weapon durability to its proper extent. Like only using the stronger weapons when necessary or giving your currently broken units weapons with one use left so they can let other units kill weakened enemies. I remember buying roughly twelve javelins in Shadow dragon and having Cain, Abel and Caeda burn through every last one.
Supply is a hallmark of any military campaign, I think its a fair one to keep in mind when designing the "Harder" Superior Campaign. Nohr is sounding better and better in my opinion with all its crazy Fire Emblem Shenanigans. Routing the enemy every mission may be fun, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it? It would be cool to have a protect mission, or an escort mission where you have this completely overpowered unit going after you (Black Knight in Blood Runs Red Anyone?) and you have to slice through enemy forces to escape, while reinforcements are pouring in from all directions.
Anyways, I'm still going to probably buy all three routes. Nohr is the best route, so I'm running that first on Either Hard or Maniac to learn the mechanics. Hoshido second, one difficulty up from Nohr. Third route, the hardest difficulty I can go for. Then Future play throughs will depend on what story/characters I enjoyed the most.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What Moydow said. I'm gonna play both anyway, so I'll start off with Hoshido and then move onto Nohr afterwards.

By the way, mooks and mookettes, the Anna thread is now under new ownership! Support now and get a free Levin Sword, perfect for chopping, slicing, dicing and scale-tipping!* C'mon, you know you want to support our glorious merchant overlord~

This is, of course, in addition to the Tiki thread. You should totally check it out too. I know the owner. She's a really great person and she bought my ice-cream once.

* One Levin Sword per support. Non-refundable and not transferable for any other product or service. Anna Merchant Enterprises does not accept any responsibility for injury, loss of life, poor stat growth or spontaneous electrocution as a result of using this product. Not available in all Outrealms. At participating threads only. While stocks last.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
That's one of the key aspects of Fire Emblem though, budgeting. You have to know how to save or abuse weapon durability to its proper extent. Like only using the stronger weapons when necessary or giving your currently broken units weapons with one use left so they can let other units kill weakened enemies. I remember buying roughly twelve javelins in Shadow dragon and having Cain, Abel and Caeda burn through every last one.
Supply is a hallmark of any military campaign, I think its a fair one to keep in mind when designing the "Harder" Superior Campaign. Nohr is sounding better and better in my opinion with all its crazy Fire Emblem Shenanigans. Routing the enemy every mission may be fun, but variety is the spice of life, isn't it? It would be cool to have a protect mission, or an escort mission where you have this completely overpowered unit going after you (Black Knight in Blood Runs Red Anyone?) and you have to slice through enemy forces to escape, while reinforcements are pouring in from all directions.
I don't disagree, but who the **** goes on a shopping spree in the middle of a battle? If there's not going to be a world map, then the option to go shopping between the missions would be better. You'd still have to budget yourself and your weapons (since you don't have an infinite number of Risen or whatever to grind cold hard cash out of), but at least you can have a little more security in your playthrough and you aren't fubar'd into a hard reset of the entire game because of crappy shopping decisions.

Going back to the world map, the world map in Awakening gave me a sense of "stuff after the fact". Yes, I know the world map is saved right before the very last mission, and the last mission is still sitting there, waiting for you to do it, but it was easy to forget about that. And it gave me the impression of just mopping up. Random packs of risen still appearing out of the woodwork, the army still together taking care of them, etc. etc. I like that. Also, it lets me play tertiary DLC whenever I want (again, more "stuff after the fact").

This of course could stem from the more sandbox like games I really enjoy (read: Mass Effect 2 (TWO, thank you), and Skyrim) which don't end when the critical path ends, allowing you to keep on going and exploring the world.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't disagree, but who the **** goes on a shopping spree in the middle of a battle? If there's not going to be a world map, then the option to go shopping between the missions would be better. You'd still have to budget yourself and your weapons (since you don't have an infinite number of Risen or whatever to grind cold hard cash out of), but at least you can have a little more security in your playthrough and you aren't fubar'd into a hard reset of the entire game because of crappy shopping decisions.

Going back to the world map, the world map in Awakening gave me a sense of "stuff after the fact". Yes, I know the world map is saved right before the very last mission, and the last mission is still sitting there, waiting for you to do it, but it was easy to forget about that. And it gave me the impression of just mopping up. Random packs of risen still appearing out of the woodwork, the army still together taking care of them, etc. etc. I like that. Also, it lets me play tertiary DLC whenever I want (again, more "stuff after the fact").

This of course could stem from the more sandbox like games I really enjoy (read: Mass Effect 2 (TWO, thank you), and Skyrim) which don't end when the critical path ends, allowing you to keep on going and exploring the world.
I do think they'd go for the option of allowing you to purchase items between missions like in Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

Top Bottom