• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Whoa, 19 likes from just a picture of Pikachu in Mjoinir. I must have done something right.

Anyway, did you guys mention Mew2?

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Silent hills? sounds familiar...

should I know it?
It's a horror survival serie, much like resident evil, with this nice pal in it chasing you around:

It was going to be another game in the serie, but it was cancelled because Konami is pretty much screwed now.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I typed in "Rule 63 Marth" in my Google search engine.
This was the first result.

I lol'd.
I sometimes call her FemMarth for a good reason.

Also, this is relevant:

For those that don't get it, Laura Bailey did one of the female voices for the avatar character in Saint's Row: The Third.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It had these three gentlemen making one game:

So yeah it was gonna be amazing. But now it's cancelled...
Uh, isn't the middle guy a video game character?

It's a horror survival serie, much like resident evil, with this nice pal in it chasing you around:

It was going to be another game in the serie, but it was cancelled because Konami is pretty much screwed now.
Oh........

*looks ate picture*

Er.........

Why would anyone play with that in the game?!

Elezir

So One of the moderators was fired and now everyone is saying it is my fault. What do you do when your friends are now your foes?
:054:
Wat wut.

Did you just punch the Cthulhu, then? that's awesomeyes, I only wanted to use that expression. how shut up
No, really, what actually happened?

Same reason why people play Resident Evil.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Uh, isn't the middle guy a video game character?
He is an actor being portrayed by a video game character.
Our current rendering technology cannot fabricate a man like Norman Reedus. ;)
Oh........
*looks ate picture*
Er.........
Scary is fun to some people.
I still have nightmares about Resident Evil on the Gamecube.
And I love them.

Elezir

I thought people hate the Resident Evil games?
Are you kidding?:roll:
It's still a pretty popular franchise.
Either way, it has something to do about having to rely solely on your wits and 'running' skill to outsmart creatures that are obviously more powerful and will kill you if you get caught. It gives some 'reality' feelings.
and because it's scary, too. Terror movies are popular for a reason. Games aren't too far behind.
Personally, I'm not into this genre, but I can see why people like it.

But hey, explain what's happening over in the Link thread. Is it a revolution? A fight? Flamewars?
*grabs popcorn*

...No really, I don't understand.

@ Elezir Elezir they say i got Elessar fired.
You mean de-modded? Why would it be your fault?

Last edited:

Elezir

No. A very vocal minority hate a select few of Resident Evil games.
All of the ones published past Resident Evil 4, to be exact.

I don't agree with it, but I am a professional Devil's Advocate, so maybe it's just me.
Nah, it's alright.
It's exactly because the 'survival' part of the game was tonned down so much that people don't like it.
It has become too much of a Shooter. Now you can easily kill horders of zombies and have infinite ammo.
So, obviously people who liked the series because you couldn't only rely only on kill power won't like it anymore.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
After googling "Himegoto" and reading something about it

But the other girls look good as well sooo (the manga seems a bit too overly fanservicey for me though)
I enjoyed Himegoto :3

adowables stuffs~

BUT! I really came here to say something... but was distracted by your post!
Ahem, as a Link main I found Robin very fun to use! I felt very at home with his tactical approach at fighting, the way Robin use projectiles to control space, and the mixups with the sword.
Robin has become one of my mains~<3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nah, it's alright.
It's exactly because the 'survival' part of the game was tonned down so much that people don't like it.
It has become too much of a Shooter. Now you can easily kill horders of zombies and have infinite ammo.
So, obviously people who liked the series because you couldn't only rely only on kill power won't like it anymore.
Don't forget silly stuff like this.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Resident Evil 4 was a bloody masterpiece (pun intended). I loved that game. I could never really get into the rest of the series though.
I have RE1 for Gamecube lying around, though. Might give it another shot sometime.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, yes, lol, Chris Redfield punches a boulder.
I'm so tired of hearing about that and reminded about Resident Evil 5. :facepalm:

Nah, it's alright.
I know why people don't like the newer games. I just think they receive too much hate even though some of them (Revelations 1/2 and Re4) are great games.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you kidding?:roll:
It's still a pretty popular franchise.
Either way, it has something to do about having to rely solely on your wits and 'running' skill to outsmart creatures that are obviously more powerful and will kill you if you get caught. It gives some 'reality' feelings.
and because it's scary, too. Terror movies are popular for a reason. Games aren't too far behind.
Personally, I'm not into this genre, but I can see why people like it.
I could have sworn hear some hate about the series.....

Though now that you describe it, it does sound lie a fun game. Though question, how closely related is it to say FNAF?

But hey, explain what's happening over in the Link thread. Is it a revolution? A fight? Flamewars?
*grabs popcorn*

...No really, I don't understand.
Well it all start here
http://smashboards.com/threads/link...ngle-created-but-i-stole-them.370194/page-177
With a poorly type comment by smokebomb at the bottom of the page. (no offence @ smokebomb12 smokebomb12 ) Then it kind of spiralled out of control in a rage war between smoky and the Links of the thread. What did I do during this? I ate some popcorn :p

Edit: actually, this start a few pages early with Elessar being demoted but I haven't really been paying to much attention to the matter.

No. A very vocal minority hate a select few of Resident Evil games.
All of the ones published past Resident Evil 4, to be exact.

I don't agree with it, but I am a professional Devil's Advocate, so maybe it's just me.
Yeah, it was something like this. I think it had to do with something about the games mechanics getting changed in some way or another.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978

adowables stuffs~

Ahem, as a Link main I found Robin very fun to use! I felt very at home with his tactical approach at fighting, the way Robin use projectiles to control space, and the mixups with the sword.
Hmm maybe I will give it a try(someday..maybe) I like cute things. Welcome btw:happysheep:. Enjoy your stay here. Why are there so many Links immigrating here though? Maybe I will pay the Links a visit as well.

Last edited:

Elezir

adowables stuffs~

Are we having hugging gifs now?

:happysheep:
Welcome dear! I hope you grow to love Robin just like we have!
Also, obligatory welcome image:

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Don't forget silly stuff like this.

This moment defines why I will never stop loving video games.

adowables stuffs~

Always great to hear about players falling in love with our #1 Tactician! :4robinm::4robinf:

Elezir

Seriously, that gets censored? Even though, you know, it's an actual name? Not to mention there are far worse terms for that out there.
Yep, seems like it.
I guess it's the same problem as we have with most MMORPG censor system; it doesn't take into account the context or the rest of the word.
Fortunately, this problem doesn't seem as big as it is in some other places, but still.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
So One of the moderators was fired and now everyone is saying it is my fault. What do you do when your friends are now your foes?
Not sure who/what/when/where/why, but if you didn't do anything morally questionable, then you have no reason to be ashamed. Don't be hard on yourself.

And unfortunately, there's no keeping those people from hating on you in this situation. A common thing to do when something bad happens to you is to round up your friends, tell them what happened, (often times people in this scenario omit information to make themselves seem more like the victim) and then ask them to cuss out the person they blame. I will never condone this. In fact, it is among the most despicable thing any mature, right-minded human being would do. If any of those people were really your friends to begin with, chances are, they wouldn't be hating on you at all; anybody not talking to you right now who you could at any point call friend will come back eventually.

I'm sure that whatever happened happened for a dumb reason, but I don't blame you at all. Even if it was your fault, nobody has any right to condemn you.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Yep, seems like it.
I guess it's the same problem as we have with most MMORPG censor system; it doesn't take into account the context or the rest of the word.
Fortunately, this problem doesn't seem as big as it is in some other places, but still.
It's a common problem with automated censor programs such as what's used here; I just feel censoring that particular word is overdoing it.
There are a few other curiosities about the censor system here - for example, it blocks ass, but not the more vulgar arse (the latter I consider far more out of bounds, but they seem to be going for a 12+ air here, so I'd personally block both).

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Was it because of what happened with Elessar? (I'm too lazy to go and check for myself.)
Yup. The Link boards are damm scary if you make them angry. They wont care if they are banned, they are going to rip you apart if you mess with their members..There were like atleast 3 infracted posts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom