• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Nope. It's a card game (played with a Poker deck) designed to simulate a fighting game (through a weighted Rock-Paper-Scissors engine).

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Got a Greninja preordered. I haven't had this easy of a time with getting an amiibo preordered since preordering Falcon.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Got a Greninja preordered. I haven't had this easy of a time with getting an amiibo preordered since preordering Falcon.
I don't know what you're talking about. I stood outside for two hours to get mine.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I don't know what you're talking about. I stood outside for two hours to get mine.
Well I mean outside of me waiting for about 3 hours, Greninja has caused the least amount of trouble getting preordered/acquired. Every other amiibo I ether had to go online and pay a bit extra or they were common enough to buy instore. Falcon however was an exception for when I originally bought my Pikachu, the employee working asked if I wanted to preorder any other amiibos, which Falcon was one of which I could preorder. I got him a day or two before the release day with no problems what so ever.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Unfortunately, I can't get :4greninja: because I'll be in college for the entire day, and even if I go to Toys R Us, most likely all of his pre-orders will be sold out. But enough about sadness. St. Garon would not want that. Instead, let's look at what the creative community has done with the wave 4 amiibo. Here we see Ticcy customized her :4robinm: amiibo's hair to have her MU's hair style and color.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Well I mean outside of me waiting for about 3 hours, Greninja has caused the least amount of trouble getting preordered/acquired. Every other amiibo I ether had to go online and pay a bit extra or they were common enough to buy instore. Falcon however was an exception for when I originally bought my Pikachu, the employee working asked if I wanted to preorder any other amiibos, which Falcon was one of which I could preorder. I got him a day or two before the release day with no problems what so ever.
I'm shocked people are getting a hold of :4falcon: that easily. I suppose it makes sense for :4greninja: though. Most people I know stopped liking him the moment they announced :4mewtwo:.

On a related note, this is the best thing ever.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Wish I could get Greninja, but there isn't a TRU here within any reasonable distance here. :urg:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well I mean outside of me waiting for about 3 hours, Greninja has caused the least amount of trouble getting preordered/acquired.
This is actually the most trouble I've been through so far, other than fighting with Best Buy about my Pit. It'll probably pale in comparison to getting my Shulk and MK from the post office, but we'll leave that tale for another day, like the one on which it occurs.

Otherwise I've ordered early and often, or from overseas, and had some pretty interesting luck overall.

On a related note, this is the best thing ever.
Mandatory:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
HAPPY BIRTHDAY @ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician !!! :happysheep::4myfriends::happysheep:

My apologizes for saying this a day late but I was busy with family yesterday. I hope you had an awesome birthday nevertheless! :)

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
This is actually the most trouble I've been through so far, other than fighting with Best Buy about my Pit. It'll probably pale in comparison to getting my Shulk and MK from the post office, but we'll leave that tale for another day, like the one on which it occurs.

Otherwise I've ordered early and often, or from overseas, and had some pretty interesting luck overall.

Mandatory:

No other Amiibo have surfaced for preorder yet here.

I have mine safely done, so it doesn't matter.

YESSSS

ITS MYU2.

Got here just in time!

Also how is everyone feeling about :094:'s inclusion in Pokkén Tournament?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
No sign of preorders for the next waves of amiibo here yet. The only ones I want from the last waves are :4zss: and maybe the yarn Yoshi, and those are some of the later ones, so they probably won't be up for preorder for a while yet.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I can't tell if DoA is an amazing fighter with engaging character designs and an in-depth battle engine or a cynical attempt at playing up to anime stereotypes and a pop culture adoration for bouncing bosoms.

Either way, it's hella fun.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I was expecting him. I mean come on; a ghost-type is 100% necessary, and who better fits the bill than Gengar?
Yeah, it seems like they are trying to make sure every type has a representative.
Golurk is a Ghost type and he'd be a great fit for a fighting game.
Of course...Gengar is better.
But neither are Hawlucha.
Wouldn't Golurk be too big for a fighting game?

But if Hawlucha's not in, there will be anarchy...
I can't tell if DoA is an amazing fighter with engaging character designs and an in-depth battle engine or a cynical attempt at playing up to anime stereotypes and a pop culture adoration for bouncing bosoms.

Can't it be both? :substitute:
(But I completely agree, it's a pretty awesome series)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

What kind of "engaging character designs" are you talking about, Wintropy?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Course everyone gets chatty as I'm heading to bed. Let's do this thing then.

As a man who appreciates the importance of rocking a good pair of shades, I approve this message.
As a man who appreciates...rocking a good...pair of...uh...I approve this message.

Money's on bosoms. Bosoms 2:1, place your bets.

More serious note, one of these days I should probably play it, but I get destroyed in every fighter but Smash.
And Smash.

No sign of preorders for the next waves of amiibo here yet. The only ones I want from the last waves are
:4zss:and maybe the yarn Yoshi, and those are some of the later ones, so they probably won't be up for preorder for a while yet.
I want those yarn Yoshi with an unrivaled passion. Adorable, fuzzy, collectibles hits right in the center of my weak point Venn diagram.

You aiming for the Splatoon set too, or did you not mention 'em since they've essentially come and gone?

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I used to like DoA, but then I realized that the balance of the game is pretty meh and Soul Calibur completely outclasses it as a 3D fighter.

Then I also realized Senran Kagura completely outclasses it in the bosom department.

So after trying DoA5 and not particularly liking it, the series has fallen by the wayside for me.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm not actually a fan of Golurk but it'd be cool to see a huge golem playable in it.
But seriously, I badly want Hawlucha in that game. Greninja beat him to Smash, hopefully it can be the other way around in Pokken.
Golurk, to me, fits the bill of heavyweight fighter that deals damage and is normally slow, like Bane, Zeus, Nemesis T-Type, Hulk, Zangief and Hugo.

Plus it's among my favorite non-legendaries.
:4mewtwo:For Pokken. Case closed.
Almost a given, really.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
What kind of "engaging character designs" are you talking about, Wintropy?
I play Marie Rose, the character with by far and away the smallest bust size of any character, men included.

You tell me.

I used to like DoA, but then I realized that the balance of the game is pretty meh and Soul Calibur completely outclasses it as a 3D fighter.

Then I also realized Senran Kagura completely outclasses it in the bosom department.

So after trying DoA5 and not particularly liking it, the series has fallen by the wayside for me.
I think Tekken is a better fighter, and I can take or leave jiggle physics (I turn it off when I play - I don't need that kind of distraction when I'm trying to learn), but since I got the Core Fighters pack for free, it's kinda hard to say I'm not having fun.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh, that's an unfair comparison. :p Soulcalibur is Soulcalibur.
Soulcalibur 2 is bliss. Shame Soulcalibur 5 and Lost Swords were both horrible and killed the franchise forever. :urg:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like Soul Calibur V.

That said, 99% of my experience with that game is creating new characters and sharing them with the world, but of course, it's that little detail that sets the game apart from its competitors as far as I'm concerned.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'm not a fan of 3D fighters in general myself, don't feel comfortable with their controls.

Last edited:
Top Bottom