• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

what monstruosity is that.

Anyway.

Cute plushies to take that gif off my mind.

Now I desperately want to see Yarn Robin make a cameo appearance in Yarn Yoshi.
Where did you find this, and how can I get my hands on one of them?:cheep:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
They're the yarn Robin amiibos that come with the limited special edition of Robin's Woolly Emblem.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Welp, I found the image while surfing google, but think they were on tumblr.
Not even sure if the person who made them accept comissions.

Edit: Never mind!
I found them! They can indeedly be bought here.
There's a bunch other plushies there, too.

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Side note. Your taste in PIkas makes me proud. Kudos.

And I see your avi has joined in on the fun too.
I approve of these Pikachu icons.

:025:
ONE OF US

On the other hand, @ Raziek Raziek , wow. Just. You might not even know how much it helped me, but that explanation you posted just made everything a lot clearer for me. I've never been really focused on trying to get better at smash; there was a point where I went "Now what? I know all these technical things, but what else can I do?", but that explanation just opened up a new view for me. As scary and complicated those mindgames seem, at the same time they seem fun, and worthy of a tactician such as Robin. To have to manipulate and condition your opponents... To possess both technical and mental skills... To reach that point... It sounds exciting! I've never really known what to do to get better at playing Robin, or just smash in general, but now I have a direction. Thank you. :)

Just you wait, once I get access to a scanner again...

Other than that, I should really play smash with you all more often! I'm sure we can learn something from each other. I have yet to fight anyone who actually mains Robin. :p
I'll only be able to fight on weekends, but feel free to throw your friend requests my way on the wiiU! Or you can add me on the 3ds, but make sure to tell me so I can add you back. /o /

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Before we get going on tonight's INPO, I'd like to put out there that I think I now have enough replay footage to at least identify some of my many, many weak spots. Most of it is FG for better or worse, but, so long as she's cool with it, I also have a few rounds where @ Wintropy Wintropy thrashed my perky yellow ass all across Battlefield.

@ Moydow Moydow , you offered to upload these if we passed them along, correct? Would like to see if I can take you up on that tomorrow. I've never gotten feedback on my play, and it's high time I change that.

So there's that. Time for business.

Alright I managed to fix my 3ds right shoulder button. I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it but I blew on it a couple times and pressed the button at different angles fifty times. I was really scared because my old nintendo ds had it's shoulder buttons broken and they still are to this day.
Might've gotten something in the contacts. A can of compressed air might do it good, just to verify it's all clear.

A DS actually isn't too hard to repair if you can get your hands on that nonsensical screwdriver they use. Might be worth thinking about. Also tinkering is fun.

I should probably stop wasting so much time in Gimp.
Never. We need more GIMPers around here.

Yeah, get Photoshop, it's a better time waster. :troll:
Quiet you.

It's that time of year for me:

If anyone wanna play some Wii U matches, I'm definitely down for some. :)
Birthday, you say? Ooo.

Happy bday RT. Can't play today, but if you have time over the next two days I can offer you a shiny yellow punching bag as a late birthday gift.

Cute plushies to take that gif off my mind.
D'aww.

To echo the masses, do want.

No matter where CDI Link shows up, he is hated. You gotta feel sorry for the guy.
The hell I do.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Before we get going on tonight's INPO, I'd like to put out there that I think I now have enough replay footage to at least identify some of my many, many weak spots. Most of it is FG for better or worse, but, so long as she's cool with it, I also have a few rounds where @ Wintropy Wintropy thrashed my perky yellow *** all across Battlefield.
Go for it, if you think it'll help. :3

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Happy birthday to ya, if you're still down for playing some I'd be willing to take you up on that offer. I'll be on in about half an hour or so, but won't be on for too long tonight.

I've got a long morning tomorrow with me going on a hunt for Greninja amiibos

D

Deleted member

Gee, it sure is boring around here :younglinkmelee:
View attachment 49113
CD-i Link...

what monstruosity is that.
Link in Link: The Faces of Evil for the Philips CD-i, a game that Nintendo didn't make (alongside its sister, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon). It's one of the worst games of all-time.

They're the yarn Robin amiibos that come with the limited special edition of Robin's Woolly Emblem.
I can't wait to go on line for 2 hours only for the amiibo to be sold out!

I approve of these Pikachu icons.
I just wish I could main Pikachu. I'm not good with him. :(

Happy birthday! :D

I don't want to fight now; I'm a bit too tired. If you like, we can fight some time this week or something? I would like to have some practice with my Robin.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Saw the Avengers: Age of Ultron Friday night. I can never look at any other movie the same again.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I've got a long morning tomorrow with me going on a hunt for Greninja amiibos
Wait, that's tomorrow? **** me backwards, that's tomorrow.

Well, add that to tomorrow's list of crap to do, I suppose. I'll be up early enough, anyway.

Never stopped me.

I'm no teacher, that's for damn sure, but if you'd like to pick up a pocket pocket monster I can point you in the right direction of people who are, and play some matches too.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v

CD-i Link...

Link in Link: The Faces of Evil for the Philips CD-i, a game that Nintendo didn't make (alongside its sister, Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon). It's one of the worst games of all-time.

STAHP.
I don't want to know

We already had enough disturbing stuff in this thread with all the Sonic and Pony OC's.
I don't need any more of that! My sanity is more important.

Well, add that to tomorrow's list of crap to do, I suppose. I'll be up early enough, anyway.
That is, if the preorders don't go up at 3 A.M.:troll:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That is, if the preorders don't go up at 3 A.M.:troll:
I'm up all night.

Let 'em loose.

Also stay as far from the CD-i games as humanly possible, but in its very limited defense some of its stuff is so bad it's quoteworthy.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! <(owo<)

And I will take up on that offer @ Célja Célja and anyone else is welcome to join! I'll probably be done in about an hour.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never stopped me.

I'm no teacher, that's for damn sure, but if you'd like to pick up a pocket pocket monster I can point you in the right direction of people who are, and play some matches too.
Sure! I want to learn the ways of the Chu!
It would probably be beneficial if I did anyway as I heard Pikachu gives Rosy a hard time.

Hence why we only quote the cutscenes on the internet.

And we never, ever play the games. Ever.
Fortunately, we have a few people that sacrificed their sanity for us and beat those games.

STAHP.
I don't want to know

We already had enough disturbing stuff in this thread with all the Sonic and Pony OC's.
I don't need any more of that! My sanity is more important.
I'm... sorry...
Still, whenever people say "Zelda is perfect!," people bring up these games quite often. They are very, very infamous (along with Hotel Mario).

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I still love those horrible yet quotable cutscenes.... It's funny how Link has more of a personality (an awful one) in the Cdi games than his official games. Though, the reason for that is it's up to the player to fill in that personality void for Link.
(If that makes any sense...)

And I will take up on that offer @ Célja Célja and anyone else is welcome to join! I'll probably be done in about an hour.
Gee, I'm late. Well...Happiest of Birthdays to you!!!

Last edited:

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I know that feel. :'D
Idk, but pikachu feels wierd for me to play. Guess I'm too comfortable playing Robin, since other characters don't feel as natural to play. (I do love me some Shulk though. Who cares if I lose when he's so fun to play? 8D)

Also, hey @ Pikachewy99 Pikachewy99 XD. Long time no see.
I could say the same about you. :p
What up?

image.jpg

Man, I'd love to join but I don't think my parents would let me sneak on. Have a great birthday though! :D

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I know that feel. :'D
Idk, but pikachu feels wierd for me to play. Guess I'm too comfortable playing Robin, since other characters don't feel as natural to play. (I do love me some Shulk though. Who cares if I lose when he's so fun to play? 8D)

I could say the same about you. :p
What up?

View attachment 49147
Man, I'd love to join but I don't think my parents would let me sneak on. Have a great birthday though! :D
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! This is so cute! :happysheep:

Also thank you everyone for the wishes and @ Célja Célja for the great matches! I couldn't stop laughing with that one match ending with both of us dying. :rotfl:
Now I gotta have my cake! :cheep:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sure! I want to learn the ways of the Chu!
It would probably be beneficial if I did anyway as I heard Pikachu gives Rosy a hard time.
In my (limited) past experience with the matchup, I can clear Lumas fairly simply but thanks mostly to aerials, especially short-hopped, Rosy herself rolls me like a Pikaburrito. Whatever she's keeping under that dress, it makes her hella hard to approach.
Cue joke in five...four...

That's almost guaranteed due to my playstyle (ha!) and inexperience with the matchup, however. I've seen some ideas in the matchup thread that I've yet to incorporate. In fact, in general I recommend most of the ideas there over mine.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Oh my gosh, THANK YOU! This is so cute! :happysheep:

Also thank you everyone for the wishes and @ Célja Célja for the great matches! I couldn't stop laughing with that one match ending with both of us dying. :rotfl:
Now I gotta have my cake! :cheep:
Yeah that was certainly one way to start the match :laugh:

Those were some fun battles and I hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday/cake. c:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Before we get going on tonight's INPO, I'd like to put out there that I think I now have enough replay footage to at least identify some of my many, many weak spots. Most of it is FG for better or worse, but, so long as she's cool with it, I also have a few rounds where @ Wintropy Wintropy thrashed my perky yellow *** all across Battlefield.

@ Moydow Moydow , you offered to upload these if we passed them along, correct? Would like to see if I can take you up on that tomorrow. I've never gotten feedback on my play, and it's high time I change that.
Sure, send them on and I'll get them up as quickly as I can.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sure, send them on and I'll get them up as quickly as I can.
Spiffy.

Keep an eye out tomorrow morning, and there will be quite a few of them. Upload whichever you think best.
Put another way, Imma spam you so much you'll think you stepped in FG.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Replaying FE4 again. This is what Sigurd's stats look like about halfway through Chapter 1:
Fire Emblem - Seisen no Keifu000.png

I sort of feel like he got screwed over in strength and skill (and maybe speed, but his speed growth isn't that great). He still wrecks everything that looks at him the wrong way, though.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Shout-outs to @Sonic Storm for my music choice here:

For those unaware, I also play a card game called Yomi, and am considered one of the best players in the world. I'm not just good at Smash. ;)

Top Bottom