• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
so, um... How exactly did this go from a Smash replay to murdering people and baking them into potatoes, again?
Wait. It's happened before?

In light of the new DLC, I've gone back and started playing Animal Crossing again.
I'm a little scared to fire up my copy again. I don't want everyone to have moved out, but it's been a month at least and I think my odds ain't amazing.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Didn't she like do FNAF before FNAF came out?
:roll:More reasons to be creeped out by her.
Maybe she's not actually gone and lives on FNAF, just waiting to find her next 'beloved'? :evil:

Honestly, that episode kinda creeped me out because I used to play lots of Visual Novels (albeit ones in which you courted male characters, because
) some 2 or 3 years ago, so yeah.
The core critic of the episode was rather good, though.

Gravity Falls may be the only cartoon I still have some fun watching. It would've been a total blast to me if I was younger.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Gravity Falls may be the only cartoon I still have some fun watching. It would've been a total blast to me if I was younger.
Well, Gravity Falls is amazing, after all. Definitely one of the best animated shows I've seen in a long time. :estatic:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love Gravity Falls. Such a great show. Great humor, great characters, great lore and mysteries to keep you hooked.

Also, relevant.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I didn't get a friend request. :(
...And I didn't add you as a friend... my b.

I'll add you tomorrow and send you that replay. (as well as another amusing one that I took)
Oop. I'll have to fix that as well, methinks.

3DS FC I can probably handle now; Wii U will have to wait till morning when I'm in front of it, but I'll get it done. And much obliged in advance, looking forward to seeing em.

Last edited:

Elezir

I love Gravity Falls. Such a great show. Great humor, great characters, great lore and mysteries to keep you hooked.

Also, relevant.
The fandom never fails to amaze me.

Honestly, I find Robin crossover everywhere now. Not that I'm complaining.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait. It's happened before?
more like "I have an idea how it goes but can someone remind me just in case"
rather than "Someone has been killed and baked into a potato before"
I thought the comma implied that, but oh well (as in, if I wanted to say it had happened before, there wouldn't have been a comma there.)

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've died twice now on Mother and Child after just opening the door to release Nanna and Eyvel (I have all optional characters to this point; Lifis and Asvel--Safy and Ronan I also have but they're not in this chapter).

1.) On my first try I accidentally f***ed up and skipped a turn (only taking action with Nanna, Eyvel, and Leif) allowing the mages to reach the door just as I was opening it. During this point I survived another three turns despite the fact. However, with only 2 mages and one soldier left I ended up losing Lara, I think. I don't quite remember which one it was, but I think it was Lara or Lifis.

2.) Makua is usually able to survive quite easily. I had Lifis open the door then surrounded him with Makua, Fergus, and Bryton. I thought I was well-defended, so I ended my turn and then I looked up and Makua was dead and I have no idea what happened. I think she might've been low on HP and I forgot to heal her... *sigh*

I'm going to try and rush through as quick as I can to get to Nanna's door. The first batch of enemies aren't too difficult to handle, I just need to make sure I keep my characters healed. Doesn't help that my items are really wonky right now; a couple of characters have a full inventory (including Leif who has like 6 different swords), and others are only about half full.

Keep in mind, this is the second time I'm playing through this game. I played this game before a couple years ago and I died like 10 times on this chapter. I think I'm a horrible Tactician... (Granted, I'm not too bad in FE4 and 6-10...)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm on the first of the last two chapters in Advance Wars.
Incidentally the one character I actually like to use, Sami, gets ALL of the insanely hard maps.
Her version of the "Enigma" map is by far the hardest level in the game yet, and is easily much harder than any Fire Emblem level I've played.
This is what we're looking at.

Basically, imagine your victory depends on using a Pegasus Rider to get to the corner of that map...while being set upon by five flying archers. Forever.

At least Sturm's music is cool. I can rock out while I'm getting my ass handed to me. >.>

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
So, I live up in New Hampshire where there's no competitive scene at all even though we all want one. A local comic shop did Wii U tournaments when the Wii U version came out and we all thought it was cool and went for a bit, but eventually we realized they were badly run with nonsense rules that changed weekly and it was a toxic environment. Everyone stopped going after a while because of it.

After about 2 months of planning my friends have decided we want to really start our own, better scene. We decided to host our own local, and today is the day! It's literally being run out of a decent sized garage with us just bringing any setups we can. We're running Melee, PM, and Smash 4 and just people that we know for sure are showing up is bigger than our locals had ever been, and most people are playing at least two games. We're hoping it goes really well, and if it does maybe we can find a real venue to have these in in the future.

I feel like my Robin's improved since our Robin tournament thanks to playing against you guys, so today is going to be my first event where I consider Robin my #1 character. It probably won't be streamed due to the Internet where it is, but we are going to try and record it like it was and post it to YouTube if anyone is interested in seeing some of it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
"The Fire Emblem disappears from Chrom's Great Lord battle model from Chapter 21 to Chapter 23 because Validar steals it. The Fire Emblem will also not be present on Chrom's Great Lord model if he promotes before Chapter 7."

I...did not know this. Did anyone else know this? I feel like we should all know this.
Talk about attention to detail.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So apparently there was an update for Smash recently since now it's running 1.07 and it says it fixed a thing or two with Mewtwo. All my replays are still working so it doesn't look like anything has changed gameplay wise.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So apparently there was an update for Smash recently since now it's running 1.07 and it says it fixed a thing or two with Mewtwo. All my replays are still working so it doesn't look like anything has changed gameplay wise.
It fixed a bug some people were having, in which playing as Mewtwo in single player got them blocked from online because of "irregular save data", and also disabled an exploit that allowed you to access broken/incomplete custom moves for Mewtwo, and use them in gameplay (this thing).

Otherwise, there weren't any gameplay/balance changes, and replays still work.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The patch fixes the customs glitch Mewtwo has.

Wake me up when we get a patch that removes Fox's Jab infinite jank, Luigi's Africa-size dash grab, and Infinite Lightweight.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As I play Advance Wars I notice how similar the games are to Fire Emblem...and how many stark contrasts they have.

- In Fire Emblem you lead a small group of heroes that are all cared for. Advance Wars has you control a whole army, all of which are completely expendable.
- Obviously the settings...Fire Emblem is a fantasy game full of magic; Advance Wars is set in a "realistic" modern era.
- Fire Emblem's music is usually epic scores and moving melodies. Advance Wars focuses on those sick beats.

And so on.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So, I live up in New Hampshire where there's no competitive scene at all even though we all want one. A local comic shop did Wii U tournaments when the Wii U version came out and we all thought it was cool and went for a bit, but eventually we realized they were badly run with nonsense rules that changed weekly and it was a toxic environment. Everyone stopped going after a while because of it.

After about 2 months of planning my friends have decided we want to really start our own, better scene. We decided to host our own local, and today is the day! It's literally being run out of a decent sized garage with us just bringing any setups we can. We're running Melee, PM, and Smash 4 and just people that we know for sure are showing up is bigger than our locals had ever been, and most people are playing at least two games. We're hoping it goes really well, and if it does maybe we can find a real venue to have these in in the future.

I feel like my Robin's improved since our Robin tournament thanks to playing against you guys, so today is going to be my first event where I consider Robin my #1 character. It probably won't be streamed due to the Internet where it is, but we are going to try and record it like it was and post it to YouTube if anyone is interested in seeing some of it.
Good luck and save those replays!

Elezir

As I play Advance Wars I notice how similar the games are to Fire Emblem...and how many stark contrasts they have.

- In Fire Emblem you lead a small group of heroes that are all cared for. Advance Wars has you control a whole army, all of which are completely expendable.
Reminds me of something...

Never played Advance Wars, but it made me laugh.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, so I had an idea in the shower this morning. I don't know if it's a good one.

So, if anyone here is a Street Fighter fan, you likely know about r/Kappa. They're a subreddit that sponsors players to go out to events based on stream monster hive mind.

What if.... What if Robin Nairlines was a real thing?

Being 100% honest, the reason I am hesitant to actually bring up this idea is that I'd be the main beneficiary.

The short of it is I want to rep Robin at high level tournaments. And I mean solo Robin, of course. But I'm stuck in Nova Scotia, so for me to get out to tournaments costs a lot.

I have no idea what sort of financial situation most of you are in, but often people tend to have $20 to throw at a kickstarter or something, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

If you think this is a bad idea, feel free to say so. I don't want to take advantage of anyone.

But "Nairlines | Raziek" could be a thing at nationals. :o

(I'm going to EVO on my own dime, so this would be aimed at trips to Toronto and the tri-state area, mostly. ~350-450 per round trip.)

D

Deleted member

I just want to mention that I am now going to be a Robin main instead of having him as a secondary.

I've honestly seen a lot of improvements in my Robin play and I think it suits me a lot. I love being analytical and Robin enables that with his limited weapon usage and tomes.

I'm on the first of the last two chapters in Advance Wars.
Incidentally the one character I actually like to use, Sami, gets ALL of the insanely hard maps.
Her version of the "Enigma" map is by far the hardest level in the game yet, and is easily much harder than any Fire Emblem level I've played.
This is what we're looking at.

Basically, imagine your victory depends on using a Pegasus Rider to get to the corner of that map...while being set upon by five flying archers. Forever.

At least Sturm's music is cool. I can rock out while I'm getting my *** handed to me. >.>
That looks like a nightmare.

"The Fire Emblem disappears from Chrom's Great Lord battle model from Chapter 21 to Chapter 23 because Validar steals it. The Fire Emblem will also not be present on Chrom's Great Lord model if he promotes before Chapter 7."

I...did not know this. Did anyone else know this? I feel like we should all know this.
Talk about attention to detail.
I didn't notice it my first time through...
That's quite impressive.

RIP Mewtwo's custom moves.

Gone, but not forgotten.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Eh, slow days.

Anyway, another comic to keep this thread active:cheep:

Oh man, Soren is even more depressed as an old man. I guess he really misses his Ikey-poo:troll:.

Btw I found a Fire Emblem If comic.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Ok, so I had an idea in the shower this morning. I don't know if it's a good one.

So, if anyone here is a Street Fighter fan, you likely know about r/Kappa. They're a subreddit that sponsors players to go out to events based on stream monster hive mind.

Being 100% honest, the reason I am hesitant to actually bring up this idea is that I'd be the main beneficiary.

The short of it is I want to rep Robin at high level tournaments. And I mean solo Robin, of course. But I'm stuck in Nova Scotia, so for me to get out to tournaments costs a lot.

Also, Nairlines is a great sponsor name.
I have no idea what sort of financial situation most of you are in, but often people tend to have $20 to throw at a kickstarter or something, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

If you think this is a bad idea, feel free to say so. I don't want to take advantage of anyone.

(I'm going to EVO on my own dime, so this would be aimed at trips to Toronto and the tri-state area, mostly. ~350-450 per round trip.)

I will be honest with you, and I am course being honest out of deepest respect for you: this seems logistically hard to pull off. Even if you got 50 people to donate $20 you would only have enough for 2 trips/tournaments. Furthermore, someone correct me if I am wrong, many of the mainstay members in this thread are students (highschool or college) who are, by nature, poor. This venture is more feasible, however, if you have also asked other groups of people besides just us. Have you tried asking any other group, perhaps your competitive community back at home?

Having said all of that, I myself would not mind partially sponsoring you to go to one or two Tristate tournaments. I would love to see you get as far as you can and to cheer for you on streams. After all, as you basically said in the tournament stream you linked us a few days ago, you're one of the few competitive solo Robin players out there. It's sad but true. And who knows, maybe you would get the chance to have a face to face Robin ditto with Nairo.

Also, Nairlines is a great sponsor name.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Yeah, that's the main problem I'm looking at, is I don't think many of us necessarily have the money to throw around.

I could ask locally, but I don't.... really have anything that justifies me doing so. We have 3 really amazing players here, so why should I be the one who gets to fly out somewhere? Maybe if we rotated I guess...

Hrm.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Yeah, that's the main problem I'm looking at, is I don't think many of us necessarily have the money to throw around.

I could ask locally, but I don't.... really have anything that justifies me doing so. We have 3 really amazing players here, so why should I be the one who gets to fly out somewhere? Maybe if we rotated I guess...

Hrm.
Being of a similar mind to you, I would more than certainly donate any money I have to this cause if I had any, and although I don't have a job at the moment, I vow to stay devoted to your cause. You are perhaps the finest Robin player I have seen. It would be such a shame to see such potential go to waste.

But I'm sure there are some here who are at least capable of giving small amounts of monetary support within these boards. If you can just get whatever support you can here, and then gain the support of your competitive community, you won't be very far from your goal. Never give up, my friend. If you keep on trying, you are bound to succeed eventually.

:4robinm: GoTeamRaziek :4robinm:

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader

That sounds like quite an investment.
I don't like being the negative one around here but a project like that would require quite a huge amount of dedication, and who knows if you'd be able to manage something like that along with whatever other life goals you might have.
If you actually want to pull this off, i would be happy to support a kickstarter, though i will most likely never see the results myself.
Godspeed Raziek. :4robinm:

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted here. How are all you sexy tacticians doing? :colorful:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The nightmare... is over...

All this for a piece of equipment and Toadsworth.

Top Bottom