• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
A legendary weapon wielded by many moderators and system administrators across the internet, used to put unruly trolls and vandals back under the bridge, and keep them there. It strikes with the force of a million infractions. Unlike the Levin Sword, this weapon has infinite uses, and can be used as many times as one wishes; however, intelligent and reasoned usage of such a powerful tool is the mark of a truly wise moderator, and excessive usage of the banhammer may result in the removal of one's ability to use it.

"Hitting with the banhammer" is a joke term used to refer to what a moderator/administrator does when banning someone from a site.
Getting hit with the BANhammer means getting BANned from the forums.
Ah yes. That banhammer. Eh, nothing my fierce deity mask couldn't handle XD.
Nah man, it's Reyn time. Shulk is a copycat.

DISCLAIMER: If Reyn existing is somehow a spoiler, please let me know and I will cover it.

...And never mind.:colorful:
Actually, it's ADVENTURE TIME!!!!

I sometimes grab, but grabbing can be an inferior option in terms of knockback. The most satisfying, and arguably most useful throw, is his back throw. I'll do it if I have no other options, but it's a pretty inferior one in my eyes.
Nosferatu is very hard to land and follow up with, so I rarely use it in general.
Eh, I think Robin's throws are good if all you want to do is just keep your opponent away from you when then get too close. And Nosferatu is suppose to be followed up. The point of that combo is massive damage too your opponent while you are recovering damage. A win-win in my eyes. Plus imagine the salt when you land it.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
First and foremost, congratulations @Raziek-sama on your glorious win with our favorite tactician

Must...not...post...meme...
Aw, damn it!

Sorry Raz.

Not sorry.
Well, at least it didn't happen in the tournament.:roll:

Anyway,
I'm sure Raziek-sama just took pity on you on a extraordinary moment and gave you a free win, right?:troll:

"Time to tip the scales, Ed-boy!"
I remember this image from somewhere.
I think it was already posted here some...hundred pages ago:roll:
But bringing this stuff up is always nice, so. at least it's better than bringing up Sonic OC's
and Welcome to this awesome thread, dear!:happysheep:

Also, @ The Merc The Merc
Thought you'd like:roll:

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ah yes. That banhammer. Eh, nothing my fierce deity mask couldn't handle XD.
You sure you want to try your luck against this?

really though, banning people isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm pretty sure the banhammer won't be necessary around here though; there's only really been two incidents in my time here that I feel needed a mod to step in, and they were both taken care of appropriately.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Also, @ The Merc The Merc
Thought you'd like:roll:
I do like. Thank you milady :happysheep:. Though Fierce Deity mask would make it 100x better.

You sure you want to try your luck against this?
I think me luck would win against that.
really though, banning people isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm pretty sure the banhammer won't be necessary around here though; there's only really been two incidents in my time here that I feel needed a mod to step in, and they were both taken care of appropriately.
Yeah, it would be hard to ban someone you know so well. Well, I don't think I will be a model any time soon though.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Evening everyone, feels like a long time since I've been back here. I would share some short pieces of writing I wrote up for an open mic thing my school was holding today, but I left my notebook at my friends house which I'll pick up/share with everyone tomorrow. I probably could recreate them anyway since they were pretty short, but I'm rather tired and just felt like popping in to say hi to everyone.

Pokémon.600.1196399.jpg

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
While we're celebrating Robin wins, I destroyed an obnoxious player on For Glory tonight. Turns out he has an account here, but I won't name names. Instead I will point out how stupid he looks for teabagging and renaming himself to "LOL I OWNED YOU" for beating my 'still learning the character' Pac-Man. I asked him to stop it. He steps up the insults and switches back to his main. So do I.

End result is he died a I Wanna Be The Guy death. You know the one, "You jumped into a sword!" Way too many people think Robin is nothing but Arcfire spam. This is not so. She's about making you think she's about Arcfire spam, so you leap straight into Levin Sword U-Air.

Smacking down an actual bully player felt really good. Even more so when he ragequit immediately after losing to my Robin.

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last question. I just have one more. So what are some of robins guaranteed combos?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Apparently, you can only block up to 100 people on online play on Wii U. If you try to block a 101st person, it automatically unblocks the earliest person on your blocked users list.
(in other words, I've met more than 100 "YOU·SUCK" idiots on For Glory. why do I even bother)
Seems like an odd restriction, considering you generally don't block people without reason.

I also went out searching for Amiibos this morning. No :4robinm: or :4lucina: to be got, of course (the local Gamestop had one of each in the back corner, being held for someone who'd preordered them. looking at them was torturous.)
Tons of :4wario: and :4charizard:, though. Looks like they're shaping up to be the "less uncommon" ones of this wave, so to speak.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I also went out searching for Amiibos this morning. No :4robinm: or :4lucina: to be got, of course (the local Gamestop had one of each in the back corner, being held for someone who'd preordered them. looking at them was torturous.)
...That would be one of those times I wish I could generate the sound of a teapot burning.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I look at the whole Amiibo thing and think:

When @Raziek trains his Robin Amiibo to Level 50, we're all screwed.

Considering, you know...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I got Advance Wars for free on Virtual Console the other day.
I've been binge playing all week and I'm already starting to enjoy it more than Fire Emblem Awakening solely because there's no grinding whatsoever and I can SACRIFICE USELESS UNITS :awesome:

But seriously though, it's great.
Sami in Smash Bros. when.

EDIT: I'm assuming there's some crossover between Fire Emblem and Wars fans.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ok can anyone who has played Apollo Justice explain this to me?

Creepy as ****.
You mean the thing on his hand? I don't think it's ever actually explained in the game where it comes from. Probably meant to be just a big sign declaring "this guy is evil".

I tried, but just couldn't get into the Wars games.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So I got Advance Wars for free on Virtual Console the other day.
I've been binge playing all week and I'm already starting to enjoy it more than Fire Emblem Awakening solely because there's no grinding whatsoever and I can SACRIFICE USELESS UNITS :awesome:

But seriously though, it's great.
Sami in Smash Bros. when.

Brawl in the Family did a comic about it.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
You mean the thing on his hand? I don't think it's ever actually explained in the game where it comes from. Probably meant to be just a big sign declaring "this guy is evil".

I tried, but just couldn't get into the Wars games.
The fact that this guy has Black Locks is even more unnerving. Is this guy even human? Kristoph killed someone because "he didn't choose me as his lawyer" lol.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
While we're celebrating Robin wins, I destroyed an obnoxious player on For Glory tonight. Turns out he has an account here, but I won't name names. Instead I will point out how stupid he looks for teabagging and renaming himself to "LOL I OWNED YOU" for beating my 'still learning the character' Pac-Man. I asked him to stop it. He steps up the insults and switches back to his main. So do I.

End result is he died a I Wanna Be The Guy death. You know the one, "You jumped into a sword!" Way too many people think Robin is nothing but Arcfire spam. This is not so. She's about making you think she's about Arcfire spam, so you leap straight into Levin Sword U-Air.

Smacking down an actual bully player felt really good. Even more so when he ragequit immediately after losing to my Robin.
There are few things more beautiful than seeing some a-hole get exactly what he deserves.

Apparently, you can only block up to 100 people on online play on Wii U. If you try to block a 101st person, it automatically unblocks the earliest person on your blocked users list.
(in other words, I've met more than 100 "YOU·SUCK" idiots on For Glory. why do I even bother)
Seems like an odd restriction, considering you generally don't block people without reason.

So close, yet so very, very far. :sadsheep:

Considering, you know...

In the year 30XX, there will be no Smash Bros. fighters, only Amiibos! We'll be like the humans in Wall-E, too lazy to even play our own video games. :substitute:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The fact that this guy has Black Locks is even more unnerving. Is this guy even human? Kristoph killed someone because "he didn't choose me as his lawyer" lol.
The black locks mean his motive is unknown even to himself (assuming the explanation given for them in DD was the original intention behind them). He ruined Phoenix because Zak didn't hire him as his lawyer, but why he killed Zak seven years later wasn't explained - hence the black locks.

Also after a bit of googling, I remembered how Vera refers to Kristoph as "the devil", so I'm guessing the thing on his hand is a reference to that.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
The black locks mean his motive is unknown even to himself (assuming the explanation given for them in DD was the original intention behind them). He ruined Phoenix because Zak didn't hire him as his lawyer, but why he killed him seven years later wasn't explained - hence the black locks.

Also after a bit of googling, I remembered how Vera refers to Kristoph as "the devil", so I'm guessing the thing on his hand is a reference to that.
Kristoph is now in my book the scariest villain in in the Ace Attorney series. Atleast with Dahlia we know she turned out evil because of her douche of a father and living in family struggles, it is even implied she would turn out kind if she had lived with Iris and Bikini instead. Manfred did it because of pride. Bansai is just a douche. They all have motives though.

Kristoph seems to be possesed by some kind of evil spirit if he doesn't even know his motive. Like an evil force, maybe.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Gonna jump into here, don't mind a quiet forum wanderer.

Anyone else get to play maybe like half a game on average with Japanese players on FG? They just seem to never want to play me :(

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last question. I just have one more. So what are some of robins guaranteed combos?
Pretty much our bread and butter is Arcfire into Fair. Another one is Dthrow into Uair, though this requires a bit of aiming. @Raziek can tell you more, also, if you have Skype he can get you into the Robin Skype group where most of our discussion about Robin takes place.

Considering, you know...

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Amiibo#Trivia

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I was feeling rather artistic this morning. WARNING! It's a big image, because it's full of feels.
Lyrics from My Demons by Starset

D

Deleted member

Eh, I think Robin's throws are good if all you want to do is just keep your opponent away from you when then get too close. And Nosferatu is suppose to be followed up. The point of that combo is massive damage too your opponent while you are recovering damage. A win-win in my eyes. Plus imagine the salt when you land it.
I mainly use Robin's throws to get people away and charge up Thoron. But, if I trap them in Arcfire, I might as well try to go for a kill move at higher percents.
I haven't tried the Nosferatu follow-up really because of the move's range.

Don't pay attention to people like them; they honestly don't deserve any respect regardless of their skill.

I'm glad that you justice on him.

Considering, you know...

20XX is upon us!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
brb going to church
Some of the comments on that video though

Christian Pokémon is terrible, none of my Pokémon will evolve.
Jesus died watching this, and then he came back 3 days later. Apparently that's what happens, poor guy.

-- Nah dude, he just fainted and went to the Pokemon Center.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I see there was some Ace Attorney talk here. Why, just yesterday, I was looking through some videos I liked on Youtube and I stumbled across this one. Sure brings back memories.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Based on the polling, I'll have a preliminary writeup ready to go for the MU thread in a few hours.

I was thinking of holding a strawpoll every Wednesday so the Robins can vote for the next character they want to cover, instead of it being kept to a strict schedule or with characters of my choosing (Though I will supply the five poll choices anyway). Would you guys like that?

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Based on the polling, I'll have a preliminary writeup ready to go for the MU thread in a few hours.

I was thinking of holding a strawpoll every Wednesday so the Robins can vote for the next character they want to cover, instead of it being kept to a strict schedule or with characters of my choosing (Though I will supply the five poll choices anyway). Would you guys like that?
Sounds like a plan.

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I pre-ordered my Amiibos only to find that only the first three that came could actually get them. :L

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I beat my first :4link: as :4robinm: on FG yesterday. (yay!)

Believe it or not, literally every single time I've fought :4link: or :4tlink: as :4robinm: on FG since the day I first got the game, (with the exception of incompetent noobs who obviously didn't know what they were doing (we were all noobs at one point)), I've lost. I know that makes it sound like I suck, but I can assure you I don't. My win rate on FG is around 90%, and I play most of my matches as good ol' Rabins :4robinm::4robinf:. I'm especially good at using him against rush-down characters such as :4littlemac: or :4falcon:. (which I know many people would find surprising.) Don't get me wrong; it's not :4link: himself. I've beaten a good many :4link:s as my other main :4metaknight:. (I make :4metaknight: look like he's god-tier) I simply never seem to be able to beat :4link: as :4robinm:. I think it's because Robin generally stinks up-close, with his projectiles being where he really shines, but you simply can't charge up Thoron or get close enough to use Arcfire when the enemy is hurling zoomerangs and arrows at your face. That really throws a wrench in the gears of my most effective strategies.

It went something like this: after several attempts to charge Thoron, I realized it would have no avail, so I began rushing towards him trying to use dash attacks to launch him so I could catch him and start wracking up damage. I'm aware that's a high risk and extremely punishable strategy for :4robinm:, but it was pretty much my only choice in that situation. As per the norm with FG :4link:s, he simply kept dodging away whenever I got close. But when I did manage to catch him, the launch from a well-timed n-combo with Arcfire-finisher incapacitated him long enough for me to charge Thoron. After the first stock, I managed to get him to about 50% damage before he gave up on his spam boomerang/bow strategy and went all out rush-down. That was a big mistake on his part... :troll:. All it took me was a wind jab and a well-timed Elthunder after he had already used his second jump recovering from the launch off-stage. His spin attack wasn't enough to propel him back onto the stage after that, and that was it for him.

I credit this victory to the buffed wind jab. All hail the wind jab.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Considering, you know...

Don't forget amiibos are overglorified cpus with way better stats than any character

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Speaking of amiibo, IGN ran this article today featuring a bull**** PR quote from Nintendo saying that amiibos had "sold better than expected" and that they "would make efforts to meet demand".

Bull****. That's like, the third time they've said that and the situation has gotten exponentially worse each time.

Top Bottom