• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I'm not bothered about the challenges for the most part. I've beaten all of the ones that give custom moves, and I couldn't care less about the equipment behind most of the rest of them.
I knew nothing about Lucina's reward being equipment. I never finished her custom moves so I assumed one of them was locked under that panel.

I'm just glad it's over. Those ************* Gunners. Almost all of my deaths came from them. I had one Mii that was almost always a Gunner which I find bizarre considering I have a lot of Miis in my Mii Maker. I guess I should make her a Gunner and give her the worst combination of specials.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I knew nothing about Lucina's reward being equipment. I never finished her custom moves so I assumed one of them was locked under that panel.

I'm just glad it's over. Those ************* Gunners. Almost all of my deaths came from them. I had one Mii that was almost always a Gunner which I find bizarre considering I have a lot of Miis in my Mii Maker. I guess I should make her a Gunner and give her the worst combination of specials.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_challenges_(SSB4-Wii_U)

27 of them contain equipment and Mii costumes (so not "most", but still a lot). 59 are trophies. Only 8 custom moves are unlocked by challenges, none of which are Lucina's.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I love Gravity Falls. Such a great show. Great humor, great characters, great lore and mysteries to keep you hooked.

Also, relevant.

Umm...

Here:

Have a picture of Hiigara and Angel Moon.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The nightmare... is over...

All this for a piece of equipment and Toadsworth.
So what? Jason went into all of those underground caverns alone and blasted tons of powerful mutant creatures all to get that tiny frog of his back. And then he did it again! But you didn't hear him complain.

Props to anyone who knows what the hell I'm talking about.

But in all seriousness, I never actually did those two challenges. My bro did it before I had a chance to pull my hair out in frustration. Apparently he just grabbed them a whole bunch and half the time it would net him some kills.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
My goodness this picture is just
. I can't describe why.
It's from Homeworld Remastered. When Homeworld and Homeworld 2 came out (1999 and 2003 respectively) they had REALLY good graphics for the time. Homeworld Remastered is, in my opinion, the Gold Standard upon which all "Remastered" games should be based on. The game looks and is fantastic. Pretty sure you can Youtube a graphical comparison of the games easily enough.

Edit:
Homeworld:
Homeworld 2:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
So, our tournament today was a huge success! It was by far larger than our locals at the comic shop ever were, and much more fun. We had 17 entries for Smash 4, 13 for Melee, and 10 for PM and it was a grand time. We're gonna see if we can get a real venue for next time and open it up to anyone that hears about it and willing to travel can come!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
So, our tournament today was a huge success! It was by far larger than our locals at the comic shop ever were, and much more fun. We had 17 entries for Smash 4, 13 for Melee, and 10 for PM and it was a grand time. We're gonna see if we can get a real venue for next time and open it up to anyone that hears about it and willing to travel can come!
That's great.

Now, on to important things:

How did you do?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
This is very good news. So I take it everyone had fun and at least some verbally expressed interest in more tournaments? For now at least, consistency might be a bit more important than the venue itself although if you can secure a venue, then by all means go for it.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I love Gravity Falls. Such a great show. Great humor, great characters, great lore and mysteries to keep you hooked.

Also, relevant.
*Is reminded of the wait for the 2nd half of season 2* ARGH!... Does anyone else want to derail this thread into an elaborate discussion about Gravity Falls?

ActionShot

Smash Cadet
NNID
Actionshot35
That's great.

Now, on to important things:

How did you do?
For the most part I did as I expected. I played in all three games for fun, plus to add $5 more to each pot. I only actually cared about how I did in Smash 4. I'm terrible at Melee, mediocre at PM, and decent at Smash 4. Melee I was eliminated in the first batch. PM I actually got really far in, I got knocked into losers by the guy who ended up winning the whole thing, and I got to losers semi's but I ended up just forfeiting because I wanted to play Smash 4 to prepare. I was surprised at how well I did in PM because I don't practice it at all, it was just fundamentals and the fact that PM Zelda plays just like a better version of Smash 4 Zelda.

Smash 4 we did 4 pools with the top 2 in each advancing into bracket. I won against everyone in my pool, but when it got to bracket I started to just play on autopilot and did some stupid stuff, and got eliminated really fast. Oh well, I know what I did wrong and can improve for next time!

This is very good news. So I take it everyone had fun and at least some verbally expressed interest in more tournaments? For now at least, consistency might be a bit more important than the venue itself although if you can secure a venue, then by all means go for it.
Yeah, everyone had fun and is interested in doing it again. We're hoping to have it be a monthly thing. We could totally continue to do it the way it was, the garage was just enough for the 25ish or so people, but if we add much more we'll have to find somewhere more open.

I'm excited for the fact that we may start a positive scene.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Also, I wrote a really long post on getting good at video games. It is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/razieks-robin-training-thread.386201/page-2#post-19069873
I have no words to properly describe how much I like this. Like is not even the proper word, more a kind of awe.

Thank you, Raz. Seriously. I feel like something really clicked with me today.

...honestly, this has put enough on me to think about that I'm kind of shorthanded in further replies, but there was one other thing I wanted to put out there for sure:

Nice. Was crossing fingers for this to go well, sounds like you got a passionate crew.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have no words to properly describe how much I like this. Like is not even the proper word, more a kind of awe.

Thank you, Raz. Seriously. I feel like something really clicked with me today.

...honestly, this has put enough on me to think about that I'm kind of shorthanded in further replies, but there was one other thing I wanted to put out there for sure:
Responses like this are why I do these training sessions, and write all this stuff.

I love sharing knowledge. I love the feeling I get when I pour out everything I know, and the student absorbs it and says "It all makes sense now." It's so unbelievably rewarding to hear you (and others) say things like that.

Damn it, I love you guys.

(Also I went back and re-read it and realized that I monologue'd for FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT writing that. Jeez. Thanks hyperfocus!)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yo I am new to the robin threads. I do not main robin, I main the amazing Link! but I do secondary Robin and Shulk. Just wanted to say hello.
'lo. I'm the resident refugee and night crew, pleasure meeting you.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
'lo. I'm the resident refugee and night crew, pleasure meeting you.
thanks pleasure meeting you to. hey I am not sure if I can ask but can I battle one of you guys on the 3ds? I want to fight a really good robin, but for glory mode is full of trolls! so plz?

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Yo I am new to the robin threads. I do not main robin, I main the amazing Link! but I do secondary Robin and Shulk. Just wanted to say hello.
Hey:happysheep:
Welcome dear.
Hope you like it here, any question you can bug us all you want and...

*Is reminded of the wait for the 2nd half of season 2* ARGH!... Does anyone else want to derail this thread into an elaborate discussion about Gravity Falls?
Hey, at least you folks you'll get sooner than me:(
I'll have to wait for it getting dubbed.
Ofc, I could always download it in English from internet, but I actually liked the dub of this animation.
and then I'm not accustomed at hearing English, so I may have a hard time with some parts.

Anyone who wanted to see finals and such from the Robin tourney Zareidriel hosted, I have now posted them.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...n-only-tournament.396354/page-3#post-19069814

Also, I wrote a really long post on getting good at video games. It is here:

http://smashboards.com/threads/razieks-robin-training-thread.386201/page-2#post-19069873
Raz is inspiring
@Syrek's still my gentleman, though. Sorry.

Seriously, it will help me a lot. :cheep: I'm honestly kind of spechless, though, so sorry if I sound weird.
Also, I wouldn't mind partially sponsoring you, as @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal put it, though I'm not sure if I could give much money, considering how the dollar exchange rate is kinda salty at the moment for me.
You're one of the best Robin mains around, if not the best, considering Nairo isn't even playing as much with Robin recently. Most matches I see him playing with ZSS nowdays.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Well I went to a tourney today and got 13th out of 55 entrants. Though it was the first time in a while where I was happy with when/how I got eliminated. The set in which I got eliminated was up against a guy who wrecked me rather solidly 2-0 in my pools. Our set was really hype with all 3 of our games going to last stock and despite me losing, I felt really proud with how I played and didn't feel much salt.

Played some really fun sets/matches, but one of my personal favorite moments was getting to meet @ Zareidriel Zareidriel IRL. We ran into each other in doubles bracket, which he bopped me in. Though in the side event of doing 3v3 teams I returned the favor. It's too bad we couldn't run into each other in pools/bracket and I should have at least played you in some 1v1 friendlies. :estatic:

Fixed that for you c:

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
any good robins who want to battle on the 3DS?
Hello and welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

I'm a bit busy with work for the next few days but I wouldn't mind some matches sometime after that. Although I would have to get readjusted to 3DS controls since its hard getting back to it after playing the Wii U version, lol.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey @XenoBrawler610. Guess who has two thumbs and added your NNID.

Not me, because the avi cuts off a little high, but I got you added anyway.

Last edited:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Well I was playing for glory today when I suddenly found that I couldn't shield. I think my R button broke. It's going to be really annoying to play smash until I get that fixed. I know I can remap the controls but my muscle memory will probably just mess me up.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well I was playing for glory today when I suddenly found that I couldn't shield. I think my R button broke. It's going to be really annoying to play smash until I get that fixed. I know I can remap the controls but my muscle memory will probably just mess me up.
So.

What you're saying is.

Your shield broke. :troll:

...I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello! Welcome to the Robin boards! Enjoy your time here! :)

Hey @XenoBrawler610. Guess who has two thumbs and added your NNID.

Not me, because the avi cuts off a little high, but I got you added anyway.
As did I!
I'll show you some replays when I get online.

So.

What you're saying is.

Your shield broke. :troll:

...I'll see myself out.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Well I went to a tourney today and got 13th out of 55 entrants. Though it was the first time in a while where I was happy with when/how I got eliminated. The set in which I got eliminated was up against a guy who wrecked me rather solidly 2-0 in my pools. Our set was really hype with all 3 of our games going to last stock and despite me losing, I felt really proud with how I played and didn't feel much salt.

Played some really fun sets/matches, but one of my personal favorite moments was getting to meet @ Zareidriel Zareidriel IRL. We ran into each other in doubles bracket, which he bopped me in. Though in the side event of doing 3v3 teams I returned the favor. It's too bad we couldn't run into each other in pools/bracket and I should have at least played you in some 1v1 friendlies. :estatic:
Shoutout to @ Célja Célja ! It was awesome to finally meet a Robin main in real, actual life. Haha. Yeah shame we weren't able to play more, tournies like that are usually pretty sparse with the free setups.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
Alright I managed to fix my 3ds right shoulder button. I'm not sure exactly how I fixed it but I blew on it a couple times and pressed the button at different angles fifty times. I was really scared because my old nintendo ds had it's shoulder buttons broken and they still are to this day.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm surprised I've only just recently made this connection, but I found another reason why I enjoy using the yellow/blonde palette for :4robinf:

She reminds me a bit of my favorite trainer in the Pokemon manga; Yellow. Yellow is a very sweet and kind trainer who often tries to avoid injuring any Pokemon and generally dislikes battling. Plus they're both blondes and very adorable, yet strong when they need to be. :4robinf:

I should probably stop wasting so much time in Gimp.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
It's that time of year for me:
If anyone wanna play some Wii U matches, I'm definitely down for some. :)

Top Bottom