• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
We should have Id-Dilemma playing for fitting the festivities, it also shows us that even Robin has a dark side... wich ain't necessarily Grima :evil:
:4robinf:: "How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself "
Then this plays:
This is actually another one of my favorite songs in the game. It's just so otherworldly and unsettling, yet kind of lovely. I just assumed it didn't have a chance with Id (Purpose) unless they planned on doing a medley with most of Robin's themes.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
We should have Id-Dilemma playing for fitting the festivities, it also shows us that even Robin has a dark side... wich ain't necessarily Grima :evil:
:4robinf:: "How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself "
Then this plays:
It's almost certainly not going to happen, but I would love to have this song in the game. It (along with pretty much every variation of Id) is one of my favorite songs in Awakening. It's so dark and mysterious, and hearing that beautiful accordion turned into something sinister gives the song a really unique and malevolent feel to it.

I like listening to it when I'm feeling diabolical.

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
After doing female Robin's support with Yarne, I think she and Shulk might be related somehow.
You wot m8.

Ness gonna be Jelly man. Also, that hairdo DOES NOT RELATE TO SHULK. Sure, it has the same hue...but dat mess don't look like a Shulk. :4robinm: :4shulk:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

You wot m8.

Ness gonna be Jelly man. Also, that hairdo DOES NOT RELATE TO SHULK. Sure, it has the same hue...but dat mess don't look like a Shulk. :4robinm: :4shulk:
I was joking. Female Robin's support with Yarne involves her petting him a lot.

:4robinm: is definitely his own guy, though. And poor Ness, having to hide his hair under a hat...

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I'm very happy that Conquest (Ablaze) is coming in along with The Devoted. The only other songs I could ask for would be what a lot of you already mentioned: Don't speak Her Name, Divine Decree, and I wouldn't mind Chaos Ablaze, but that might be pushing it.

I would also like some more songs from Path of Radiance too. Preferably either The First Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BlATj3JY

Or A Battle and a Beginning:

However seeing as they are some of the first few tracks from Ike's first game, I feel that their odds are slim to none.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Guys, Conquest (Ablaze) confirmed for a track in Coliseum! If this is new news for anyone.

http://youtu.be/IKZPF9DC6xw

Best track in Awakening. :)

(Matchabot)

How much better can WiiU-version get?!

This is still my most favorite skirmish theme because of it's huge nostalgia value and serene feel. Always throws me back to the days when I played the hell out of the Awakening-demo and training my Spotpass-units. Now if we just get Duty (Ablaze) and at least one Jugdral-era (FE4 or 5), I'd be completely set.

But that's not to say I wouldn't want any other songs from Awakening, they are just as good (which is great because they don't need remixing.)

Seriously, I can't contain my hype right now.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's almost certainly not going to happen, but I would love to have this song in the game. It (along with pretty much every variation of Id) is one of my favorite songs in Awakening. It's so dark and mysterious.

I like listening to it when I'm feeling diabolical.
Dark and mysterious...diabolical...

"I always wanted to be like Mr Dark! Mysterious, dark! ...um, dark and mysterious!"- The Magician

Hilariously, Dark and Mysterious was my title at some point.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This is actually another one of my favorite songs in the game. It's just so otherworldly and unsettling, yet kind of lovely. I just assumed it didn't have a chance with Id (Purpose) unless they planned on doing a medley with most of Robin's themes.
The Darkness-version is just that one that gives sheer chills. (I'm almost reminded of Giygas-phases in Earthbound when it plays. This one has more "balance" to it though, kinda like what ya wrote.)

But goshers, this keeps throwing me back on the fact that one of Awakening's best parts is still it's soundtrack. I hope we get most of it in SSB4 Wii U.

Last edited:

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
If you're a good Robin player please add me. I am looking for long sets so I can learn him. Cheers to anyone who replies.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I forgot how the a good portion of DLC for Awakening is fan service. I'm re-playing the Smash Brethren chapters and it starts off by playing one of my favorite songs from Path of Radiance. I had Chrom battle against Ike in the chapter, and I laughed when I finished the map.

may have won the battle

:ike: But he's the one who's in Smash

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I forgot how the a good portion of DLC for Awakening is fan service. I'm re-playing the Smash Brethren chapters and it starts off by playing one of my favorite songs from Path of Radiance. I had Chrom battle against Ike in the chapter, and I laughed when I finished the map.

may have won the battle

:ike: But he's the one who's in Smash
Well,
also had help from Robin while
was nowhere to be seen, IIRC.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I want to get the DLC maps so badly. I only have the three Scrambles right now, but I plan on getting Future's Past and the ones with the older characters once I have time and money. I might get the EXP one soon at least to ease up on grinding.

Tuvillo

Smash Apprentice
I think I can finally put into words why Robin seems underwhelming.

He might not scale on player skill as much as other characters. It's very easy to lose to someone playing a very, very basic strategy.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
I want to get the DLC maps so badly. I only have the three Scrambles right now, but I plan on getting Future's Past and the ones with the older characters once I have time and money. I might get the EXP one soon at least to ease up on grinding.
Get lost bloodlines. Limit break is the best skill in the whole game no doubt and way too much of a valuable skill to pass up. You can still grind with sportpass teams to earn more exp and refound to ease up future playthroughs.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Get lost bloodlines. Limit break is the best skill in the whole game no doubt and way too much of a valuable skill to pass up. You can still grind with sportpass teams to earn more exp and refound to ease up future playthroughs.
Is that the one with dread fighters?

Shaymikyu

I'm considering it for Limit Break on my Chrom (and maybe Morgan?), and possibly for Robin in my Robin/Lucina run (which, combined with Aether Morgan, might just break the game). Which DLC gives you the Bride class, by the way? Just for curiosity's sake.

I've been starting to grind against the Spotpass characters. Cheaper than the Reeking Boxes for sure.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
I'm considering it for Limit Break on my Chrom (and maybe Morgan?), and possibly for Robin in my Robin/Lucina run (which, combined with Aether Morgan, might just break the game). Which DLC gives you the Bride class, by the way? Just for curiosity's sake.

I've been starting to grind against the Spotpass characters. Cheaper than the Reeking Boxes for sure.
Oh completely unrelated but my characters are ultra beefcakes. Got 6+ characters with a rating of 350+. So yeah you really should get limit break. Or get the dlc maps with Paragon in it. Paragon > Veggie monsters. Also you can grind out free master seals on scramble map 1.

Shaymikyu

Oh completely unrelated but my characters are ultra beefcakes. Got 6+ characters with a rating of 350+. So yeah you really should get limit break. Or get the dlc maps with Paragon in it. Paragon > Veggie monsters. Also you can grind out free master seals on scramble map 1.
So apparently you get the book for it from Rogues and Redeemers 3. Is that a very difficult map? Just need to know so I can be prepared.

I don't have enough right now for both that one and the Dread Fighter DLC mission. Which one would be more worth it first? I should get both eventually.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
So apparently you get the book for it from Rogues and Redeemers 3. Is that a very difficult map? Just need to know so I can be prepared.

I don't have enough right now for both that one and the Dread Fighter DLC mission. Which one would be more worth it first? I should get both eventually.
Rogues and redeemers is more worth it than the dread fighter dlc mission. However you wanna start gathering a very powerful team before go on that stage.

Shaymikyu

Rogues and redeemers is more worth it than the dread fighter dlc mission. However you wanna start gathering a very powerful team before go on that stage.
Got it. I'll save my Chrom build then since my others I'm planning should be beefed up by the time I get around to it.

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
If you're a good Robin player please add me. I am looking for long sets so I can learn him. Cheers to anyone who replies.
I'd say I'm an okay Robin player by now. If you want, you can add me, and I'm curious to see what a good Ike main is like.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Yeah, I'd like to blame the lag, but I'd have to admit that you were better than me after that match where I had 3 stocks to one, yet you made that ridiculous comeback.
Ahh but you were beating me toward the end so you know quite a bit of my habits and put them against me. You done well man. Give your Robin a lil more training and you will be a beast. I gotta go now so see ya in a while.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a feeling the rest of the thread, and myself, feel like a third wheel right now.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
While I'm pleased to hear that Conquest (Ablaze) will make an appearance in the Wii U version, I can't help but fear that most of the FE songs in this game will just be the original tracks from Radiant Dawn and Awakening, respectively. The music library of the Fire Emblem series is vast and memorable, one of my favorites in regards to the overall experience to playing its games. Not that I'm saying that Awakening's and Radiant Dawn's soundtracks are bad, I just want a confirmation on that we're not going to be limited to those games in music representation alone.

But you know, I would be perfectly content if we had only one new remix in the form of a Fire Emblem Medley.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

While I'm pleased to hear that Conquest (Ablaze) will make an appearance in the Wii U version, I can't help but fear that most of the FE songs in this game will just be the original tracks from Radiant Dawn and Awakening, respectively. The music library of the Fire Emblem series is vast and memorable, one of my favorites in regards to the overall experience to playing its games. Not that I'm saying that Awakening's and Radiant Dawn's soundtracks are bad, I just want a confirmation on that we're not going to be limited to those games in music representation alone.

But you know, I would be perfectly content if we had only one new remix in the form of a Fire Emblem Medley.

I'm worried about this too. Don't get me wrong, Awakening's music is gorgeous untouched. However, part of the fun of SSB is seeing how they reimagine many tunes.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
why not just grind for cash and then buy them?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Gaiden seems to receive another song again however (Fight 1), so from the bright side, if it's a song that is from older games, it might be more likely to get a remix.

Hong

The Strongest
If I could have had one song...

Honestly, Path of Radiance had a weak OST for the most part and Radiant Dawn was a mixed bag. It'd be a shame to have a lot of tracks from the Tellius saga, especially since they didn't particularly have a good choosing in Brawl. That said, we have The Devoted this time, which is a good sign.

Top Bottom