• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Even on Normal, as someone who's still a noob to FE, he basically saved me in the early chapters. In my recent run I'm doing, he's pretty much my powerhouse unit (though Robin is getting up there).
We all start there in FE though but at least in FE:A with the second seals you can get some mad good units along with the marriage system.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Good old Fredrick our life savior in the first 4-5 chapters of Lunatic onward lol. Also I tend to pair up Robin with people who I want to marry.
They don't call Lunatic mode Fredrick Emblem for nothing!

Though to be real I dislike using "Jagen" archetype characters and rarely play on difficulties hard enough to force me to use them.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
They don't call Lunatic mode Fredrick Emblem for nothing!

Though to be real I dislike using "Jagen" archetype characters and rarely play on difficulties hard enough to force me to use them.
I plan to beat Lunatic and Lunatic plus and I'm on chapter 17 on Lunatic mode and like it but those first 4 chapters are a nightmare to deal with. And Fredrick is slightly more of a Oifey than a Jagen but I tend to use those characters up to a certain point then I stop using them.

[ & ]

Smash Cadet
Better yet- Morgan model. Morgan is the young Robin model anyway. Though, I'd love the young Robin so I could play as the one on my third run. Same with the oldest model for my first run (my male Robin is model 1, so he's represented aside from hair color, but the black-haired one is close enough). I still want to see a Grima Robin in the vein of Dark Link (maybe even with different quotes?).

In terms of "never ever happening," I'd love Mage Robin, Dark Flier Robin, and Taguel Morgan (for my most recent run).
I agree on the Morgan thing. Honestly even just a basic palette for F!Morgan and M!Morgan would be absolutely amazing.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
That's true, his dash speed is horrendously slow compared to others.
Dang Robin, how were you getting around during FEA? I'd expect him to at least be able to run considering you'd have to walk across maps sometimes.
Oh wait. :troll:

(Pardon my horrible drawing skills. I was using a trackpad and I can't draw horses. Also, I gave up on the legs.)

If I remember correctly, they're gliding elwind and soaring elwind. One of them makes it so the first elwind propels you higher than the second one, while other makes it so one elwind is shot diagonally, and is better for horizontal recovery.
Robin is still a pretty fast character in FE:A, so I don't know way he instead faster than Link (though he really shouldn't be slow either =P)

SyncNatsyu

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3007-8406-9326
Smash 4 Robin must have picked Speed as his flawed stat. :4gaw:
Well that explains why I can't hit twice before my opponent moves(and stands there staring at me as if we're playing a turn-based rpg)
Is Magic our buffed stat or is it Strength? I'm tempted to say luck due to dodge rolls being buffed but we know we don't need luck in our strategies~(lunatic+).

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Smash 4 Robin must have picked Speed as his flawed stat. :4gaw:
Lowsest walking/running speed in the whole entire game, in fact. Think about that. Slower than bulky boys like Ganon, fatsos like Dedede, and a fat Mii.

Sure, you can trump Robin's slowness with equipment but that's boring :awesome:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
To be fair, Robin was probably made so slow to balance out the power and duration of his/her attacks.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Oooh... So many quotes to use...
"Time to break the dance!"
"I am a man of passion!"
"You are the Fox in my trot and Tan by my go!"
"'Tis not by my hand I have to boogie the night away!"
"Let's do the time warp again!"

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To be fair, Robin was probably made so slow to balance out the power and duration of his/her attacks.
It's not so much that as the fact that zoners are traditionally slow, regardless of what type of long range projectiles they throw out.

See(and some of these are highlighted in my Robin guide): Dhalsim, Chris Redfield, Colonel Radec, Ares, among others.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
"I am a man of passion!"
My eyes! Btw does arcfire last longer?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Well hey, it looks like Serenes Forest has finally ripped the (complex) sprites from Fire Emblem Awakening, including all the confession sprites as well as the in-game portraits. Can't wait to finally use them when I get the chance to use Photoshop again. http://serenesforest.net/gallery/sprites/awakening/

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Robin-M2-Portrait.png
http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Robin-F2-Portrait.png

...But wow, I never knew how much :4robinm: looks like a young Lex Luthor when he's bald.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So did Robin receive any changes with the v1.0.3 patch that just came out?
I saw I it mentioned that he got nerfed on Twitter, but that was only a single mention and nobody has given any specifics yet...

I used him with a friendlocally and didn't notice anything different

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
I've spend about 10 minutes looking about if anybody has any info on weither or not there where balance changes.
No two people had the same answer and apparently replays (which are made from key inputs within the ingame engine) still work flawlessly so there's a good chance no actual balancing has been done.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well hey, it looks like Serenes Forest has finally ripped the (complex) sprites from Fire Emblem Awakening, including all the confession sprites as well as the in-game portraits. Can't wait to finally use them when I get the chance to use Photoshop again. http://serenesforest.net/gallery/sprites/awakening/

...But wow, I never knew how much :4robinm: looks like a young Lex Luthor when he's bald.
My avatar(how literal) says hi.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Spent waaaaay to long on recreating 'my' Robin with the sheets Lizardon posted. Tried as an Avatar. Instantly missed chibi Robin. Made it my sig instead.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Spent waaaaay to long on recreating 'my' Robin with the sheets Lizardon posted. Tried as an Avatar. Instantly missed happy Robin. Made it my sig instead.
You know, I seriously wish that glasses could be a part of MU customization in Awakening. The ones you see in mine belong to Laurent.

That and I recolored part of the robe :3

Probably the closest I can actually get to myself in game.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
More like "Work less, Fool." :4robinm:

Remember Robin isn't as athletic as everyone else.
So that's what he said?

I always called out on him for being a "lousy bookworm", but now that I read this, it feels really hilarious and satisfying to know he acknowledged this as well. Poor Robin, he has to verbally punish himself for messing up. I gotta love these little touches.
(WORK OUT YOUR MUSCLES MORE YOU BOOK NERD) :4myfriends:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

I really want to make my three Robins (for now, I've dubbed them Chloe, Bruno, and Scarlet based on their hair color, though I actually named them my name, a pet of mine's name, and Robin, respectively) with their spouses, but I don't know how to change the hair color from that grayish color. Plus, Chloe is a Dark Flier and it's gotten to the point where it's hard for me to picture her as a Tactician. Same goes for my Morgan of Scarlet's, actually (who is a Taguel).
You know, I seriously wish that glasses could be a part of MU customization in Awakening. The ones you see in mine belong to Laurent.

That and I recolored part of the robe :3

Probably the closest I can actually get to myself in game.
Same here! I wanted to give my first MU glasses so much. It'd be nice to have more options overall, actually. I'd love for the ponytail to be available on Build 2 and the eyepatch for all MUs, for instance. Hats would be awesome too.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So that's what he said?

I always called out on him for being a "lousy bookworm", but now that I read this, it feels really hilarious and satisfying to know he acknowledged this as well. Poor Robin, he has to verbally punish himself for messing up. I gotta love these little touches.
(WORK OUT YOUR MUSCLES MORE YOU BOOK NERD) :4myfriends:
I'm pretty sure he said "Reckless fool."

Shaymikyu

I'm hearing "worthless fool" when I listen to the Sound Test, but it is hard to tell.

As a side note, the KI gang each gets their own phrases as well.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we should never go to Kongo jungle with Captain Falcon, why

What would make it worse, if it was the falcon punch.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Guys, we should never go to Kongo jungle with Captain Falcon, why

What would make it worse, if it was the falcon punch.
This is funny, considering how Robin took on Falcon in their (and Lucina's) reveal trailer.
It's ok though, yesterday while playing a few matches with my friend, this happened:
Robin can levitate like he did in the trailer after all! Sorta.
I was trying to use Robin's Triple jump for the lols, which you can find here.
And right when Thoron buffered I also regained the arcfire tome, so it displayed the animation and Robin sorta just stood on air.
Not sure if it can be duplicated or if it would have any practical uses, but I just wanted to throw this out there.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Apparently, Arcfire lasts longer.
Is this true, or has it yet to be confirmed? It would be great if it's true, though, as any increase in Arcfire's duration would make Robin much more dangerous.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Same here! I wanted to give my first MU glasses so much. It'd be nice to have more options overall, actually. I'd love for the ponytail to be available on Build 2 and the eyepatch for all MUs, for instance. Hats would be awesome too.
Alas, limitations. Glasses would otherwise fit perfectly on the Type 1 male build. Hell, the build I photoshopped is about as close as I can get to IRL me in game, obviously excluding the glasses.

Shaymikyu

Alas, limitations. Glasses would otherwise fit perfectly on the Type 1 male build. Hell, the build I photoshopped is about as close as I can get to IRL me in game, obviously excluding the glasses.
Probably the closest to me right now would be default build Robin with dark hair and a ponytail and glasses.

Anyway, posted these in the Lucina thread, so I'll post them here too.

I was bored, so I made some Awakening smileys. I'll try and make bigger ones later but I'm exhausted.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I love Robin, but good Robin players can be quite troublesome for me to deal with, He/She is a monster on the right hands, with makes this Knee all the more satisfying to land :awesome:.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I love Robin, but good Robin players can be quite troublesome for me to deal with, He/She is a monster on the right hands, with makes this Knee all the more satisfying to land :awesome:.
This pretty much summarizes any match I've ever played with a falcon- utter defeat by the knee of justice.
The very same knee that took down Chrom that faithful day. *tear rolls down cheek*

Hong

The Strongest
"I am a man of passion!"
:4falcon:: Wow... You have so many moves...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
:4falcon:: Wow... You have so many moves...
When almighty Captain Falcon admits this, it's no doubt that Robin is best newcomer in SSB4, hands down. :4robinm:

Where did that Robin dancing gif come from.. :laugh:

Just watch that robe clip through his hands. :4dedede:

Apparently, Arcfire lasts longer.
Doesn't seem that different to me. But I'd like to see this being true however.

I'm pretty sure he said "Reckless fool."
Well, it could still be projected on himself, maybe for miscalculating his chances to KO or survive. Kinda like not "thinking" well enough before "acting"

On the other hand, if thinking that he's referring to the player playing as him, then well, that's rather fitting quote. It tells them to play him more delicately and tactically as he's not fit on "rushing down" due his sluggishness?

Actually, when I think about it, the fact that he says "Let's Tip The Scales" while pointing his sword to the screen seems to support the idea that :4robinm: is aware of the player and plays through him/her. Compare to :4robinf:, who just quotes stuff straight from Awakening unaltered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom