• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
I would defiantly want a feature like this. There have been so many matches/moments I wish I could share without needing to record a recording using a video camera with qualities of potatoes.

Like this one match I had against this Shulk player the other day in For Glory. I was able to pull off a Ken combo using Robin, and boy it felt satisfying. However not having a good way to share it makes me sad.
I can't tell what would feel better, getting a ko with a thrown Book or Levin Sword, or Koing with the bronze sword (not including gimps)

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
I wish my area knew what "Super Smash Bros." is

My record with Robin is finally positive, at least. Ness is definitely a pain, once he figures out he can use PSI Magnet to eat all your magic it's an uphill battle from there. At least Robin has a better air game, so you can try to use that, and maybe trick him with some close-range Arcthunders.
Ah, ok, thanks! :]
My W/L is around 50/50 (bad, yeah lol), but I'm trying to get better. I should probably try to use more of robins air game, considering that his airs are so good, especially with the levin. It's just those pesky fast characters (Sheik and Mario especially) that I have a really hard time dealing with. The pushdown and combos are too much for me (alongside with the fact that robin has no counter, which would usually lessen their options). That, and the fact that my technical skills aren't good at all, haha.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but he kinda sucks as a dad, even Ricken gives some useful classes and and an awesome magic stat, and i thought that's what you meant :awesome:
But yes as a character Ricken is the most boring of the playable cast, the only conversation he has that i really like is the one with Henry.
Kellam though.

Last edited:

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
My W/L is around 50/50 (bad, yeah lol), but I'm trying to get better. I should probably try to use more of robins air game, considering that his airs are so good, especially with the levin. It's just those pesky fast characters (Sheik and Mario especially) that I have a really hard time dealing with. The pushdown and combos are too much for me (alongside with the fact that robin has no counter, which would usually lessen their options). That, and the fact that my technical skills aren't good at all, haha.
Since when is Mario fast.

I think you mean :4sonic:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
My W/L is around 50/50 (bad, yeah lol)
Why do people keep thinking 50/50 is bad? If the matchmaking system works (which it probably doesn't), it's exactly where you should be!
Btw, with Robin I have a 55% W/L ratio for online battles which coincidentally is also my total W/L ratio at the moment.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
What do you think (male) Robin sometimes says after being KOed?

It sounds like he's saying worthless fool, but I can't really make it out.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I can't tell what would feel better, getting a ko with a thrown Book or Levin Sword, or Koing with the bronze sword (not including gimps)
Tome, definitely the tome
I can agree that killing with the tome is more satisfying. The tome can go unnoticed since it's so small, which could lead to a good edgeguard. Though I personally enjoy the broken Levin Sword.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Just in case if anyone was wondering, I'm not dead. I'm just studying for midterms, which has eaten up a lot of my free time.

Anyways, I've been wondering about Chrom's cameo appearance in KI, and it just hit me on something. What if Chrom suddenly referred to :4robinf: as a male in his conversation with Pit, because the developers were too lazy to try to change the gendered pronouns?

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
When i was playing shadow dragon, i often unlocked the bonus chapters due to my flawless tactic of using all units i didn't care about (i.e. all pegasus knights sans caeda(Who i sometimes let die), all thieves, all bowhorsemen.) as canon fodder. I also used my Knights as glorified meat walls since the game was in a commited relationship with infinetly respawning enemies. Of course since i expected(and wanted) them to die i gave them a grand total of nothing to defend themselves with.....Im a tactical genius.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Just in case if anyone was wondering, I'm not dead. I'm just studying for midterms, which has eaten up a lot of my free time.

Anyways, I've been wondering about Chrom's cameo appearance in KI, and it just hit me on something. What if Chrom suddenly referred to :4robinf: as a male in his conversation with Pit, because the developers were too lazy to try to change the gendered pronouns?
I hope not. They went to the effort of giving them different phrases when they could have easily used both lines for both genders.

Anyway, I played with some real people for the first time today and a bit online, and it opened my eyes. I REALLY suck. Badly. And it's not just Robin- I suck with everyone.

Online, though, I did manage to win 2 For Anyone team battles with Robin... And bombed the rest. I'm starting to kind of question who is best for me, though I still think it's Robin- I just suck hard at Smash.

Also, I have grown to hate :4littlemac:. With a passion. I have to restrain myself from quitting every time I see him against me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
units i didn't care about (i.e. all pegasus knights sans caeda(Who i sometimes let die)
okay yes Shiida is the best unit in the game by far, but Palla and Catria are still good. Granted they're not as good in SD as they were in the sequel (where they join with better bases than in SD in the first three chapters and are literally the two best units in that game except the Avatar), but they're still decent units if you give them a chance, and are two of the few characters with any characterisation (though I may be confusing 11 with 12 there). Est is pretty bad in every game she's in though (slightly better in Gaiden, but still iffy).

all thieves
I'll give you Rickard, he sucks. But Julian is decent once he gets going (he's a bit fragile early on like any thief), and you need a thief so Marth isn't caught up unlocking all the chests and doors.

all bowhorsemen
Wolf's growths are insane. 160% HP, 100% Str, 85% Skill/Speed, and these are without reclassing. Again, you're losing out on one of the better units.

The knights are pretty bad, but Draug has more potential if you reclass him somewhere where he'll actually gain Speed.

but of course if you want to kill off some of the better units in the game that's entirely up to you, I'm not gonna stop you. Characterisation is pretty bland in SD, so I can see that being a factor.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Why do people keep thinking 50/50 is bad? If the matchmaking system works (which it probably doesn't), it's exactly where you should be!
Btw, with Robin I have a 55% W/L ratio for online battles which coincidentally is also my total W/L ratio at the moment.
Ah, ok, that makes me feel a lot better, thanks!

It's sucks though, I encounter a Ness, Falcon, or Mario, and then find myself unable to do anything. D:
Anyway, I played with some real people for the first time today and a bit online, and it opened my eyes. I REALLY suck. Badly. And it's not just Robin- I suck with everyone.

Online, though, I did manage to win 2 For Anyone team battles with Robin... And bombed the rest. I'm starting to kind of question who is best for me, though I still think it's Robin- I just suck hard at Smash.

Also, I have grown to hate :4littlemac:. With a passion. I have to restrain myself from quitting every time I see him against me.
I feel you. I've grown to hate Mario because my friend utterly destroys me with him every time. I got close to beating him today though, so if you keep going at it you'll eventually get there!
I'm at the top in my group of friends (I'm not casual but definitely not good enough hot be competitive), but playing for glory 1v1s exposed me to a lot of different people- some of which were leagues above me.
Don't let your losses bring you down though- learn from them and get better!
Also, Robin has a steep learning curve, so it's hard to get the hang of him. It doesn't matter if you suck at him (trust me, I still have a lot to learn too), if you really want to stick with Robin, you'll get better!

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
okay yes Shiida is the best unit in the game by far, but Palla and Catria are still good. Granted they're not as good in SD as they were in the sequel (where they join with better bases than in SD in the first three chapters and are literally the two best units in that game except the Avatar), but they're still decent units if you give them a chance, and are two of the few characters with any characterisation (though I may be confusing 11 with 12 there). Est is pretty bad in every game she's in though (slightly better in Gaiden, but still iffy).

I'll give you Rickard, he sucks. But Julian is decent once he gets going (he's a bit fragile early on like any thief), and you need a thief so Marth isn't caught up unlocking all the chests and doors.

Wolf's growths are insane. 160% HP, 100% Str, 85% Skill/Speed, and these are without reclassing. Again, you're losing out on one of the better units.

The knights are pretty bad, but Draug has more potential if you reclass him somewhere where he'll actually gain Speed.

but of course if you want to kill off some of the better units in the game that's entirely up to you, I'm not gonna stop you. Characterisation is pretty bland in SD, so I can see that being a factor.
I enjoy completing games with a makeshift party with poor stat growths. It gives me a sense of triumph to beat corvus with 3 armamentalists and a lvl 29 paladin.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
What are Robin's custom versions of Elwind? I've unlocked every other custom move variant for Robin, except Elwind.

Shaymikyu

Ah, ok, that makes me feel a lot better, thanks!

It's sucks though, I encounter a Ness, Falcon, or Mario, and then find myself unable to do anything. D:

I feel you. I've grown to hate Mario because my friend utterly destroys me with him every time. I got close to beating him today though, so if you keep going at it you'll eventually get there!
I'm at the top in my group of friends (I'm not casual but definitely not good enough hot be competitive), but playing for glory 1v1s exposed me to a lot of different people- some of which were leagues above me.
Don't let your losses bring you down though- learn from them and get better!
Also, Robin has a steep learning curve, so it's hard to get the hang of him. It doesn't matter if you suck at him (trust me, I still have a lot to learn too), if you really want to stick with Robin, you'll get better!
I kept being pitted against a very good Yoshi, too, so there's another character.

True- you've just got to learn from it. It's just jarring since fighting even strong computers and fighting real people are so different, especially with the lag online at times.

Robin's actually one of my better characters. I'm just weak in general as a SSB player. He/she's definitely one that takes time to learn every nook and cranny, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I kept being pitted against a very good Yoshi, too, so there's another character.

True- you've just got to learn from it. It's just jarring since fighting even strong computers and fighting real people are so different, especially with the lag online at times.

Robin's actually one of my better characters. I'm just weak in general as a SSB player. He/she's definitely one that takes time to learn every nook and cranny, though.
Dat number of the beast post in your profile tho.

Grima hath cursed ye with bad luck :seuss:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Dat number of the beast post in your profile tho.

Grima hath cursed ye with bad luck :seuss:
Darn it, posted before I saw. Someone else screencapped it, fortunately.

Kind of appropriate with my Grima!Robin avatar right now.

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
More like "Work less, Fool." :4robinm:

Remember Robin isn't as athletic as everyone else.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
More like "Work less, Fool." :4robinm:

Remember Robin isn't as athletic as everyone else.
That's true, his dash speed is horrendously slow compared to others.
Dang Robin, how were you getting around during FEA? I'd expect him to at least be able to run considering you'd have to walk across maps sometimes.
Oh wait. :troll:

(Pardon my horrible drawing skills. I was using a trackpad and I can't draw horses. Also, I gave up on the legs.)

What are Robin's custom versions of Elwind? I've unlocked every other custom move variant for Robin, except Elwind.
If I remember correctly, they're gliding elwind and soaring elwind. One of them makes it so the first elwind propels you higher than the second one, while other makes it so one elwind is shot diagonally, and is better for horizontal recovery.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
That's true, his dash speed is horrendously slow compared to others.
Dang Robin, how were you getting around during FEA? I'd expect him to at least be able to run considering you'd have to walk across maps sometimes.
Oh wait. :troll:

(Pardon my horrible drawing skills. I was using a trackpad and I can't draw horses. Also, I gave up on the legs.)

If I remember correctly, they're gliding elwind and soaring elwind. One of them makes it so the first elwind propels you higher than the second one, while other makes it so one elwind is shot diagonally, and is better for horizontal recovery.
Except it's the second shot that sends you higher. Don't know why the game said that the first one does.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Good old Fredrick our life savior in the first 4-5 chapters of Lunatic onward lol. Also I tend to pair up Robin with people who I want to marry.

Shaymikyu

Good old Fredrick our life savior in the first 4-5 chapters of Lunatic onward lol. Also I tend to pair up Robin with people who I want to marry.
Even on Normal, as someone who's still a noob to FE, he basically saved me in the early chapters. In my recent run I'm doing, he's pretty much my powerhouse unit (though Robin is getting up there).

Top Bottom