• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Loser has to marry Ricken. :4dedede:

I don't wanna marry the 12-year-old D:

But of course that implies that I would lose, which won't happen. :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
:4robinm::4robinf: vs.

The battle of telepathic fighters. I'm ready.

While the fight is going on the two are actually having polite conversation through telepathy.
:4dedede:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The Robin's have telepathy?
It's not that ridiculous a conclusion to draw considering Robin can apparently levitate himself and he/she can levitate their tomes and swords.
Might as well just give Robin the whole psychic shebang. :4dedede:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's not that ridiculous a conclusion to draw considering Robin can apparently levitate himself and he/she can levitate their tomes and swords.
Might as well just give Robin the whole psychic shebang. :4dedede:
Sure. But does he get a wheelchair?

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Loser has to marry Ricken. :4dedede:
"Even the male Robins?" - "Especially the male Robins!"

Snake reference...
:snake: for DLC, one can only dream.
Well, they DID mention Snake in the video, which I found curious.
Might not mean much in the end but it is something to keep in mind, especially considering his third-partyness.
Though I probably should not read too much into that. A certain group of supporters can probably attest to that.

I just had a random thought.
If Ridley gets the last kill in a stock match or the most points in a timed battle, does he win?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Show off Mewtwo now to whet the appetite, then announce that it will be part of a complete Pokemon-themed DLC package with Mewtwo based off its anime counterpart(s), then reveal Ash + one of his traveling friends (the correct answer is Misty) as new characters for this package, just so Smash 4 can go one step further than Brawl did when it let in 3rd parties. Let's go big bucks no whammy stop.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, they DID mention Snake in the video, which I found curious.
Might not mean much in the end but it is something to keep in mind, especially considering his third-partyness.
Though I probably should not read too much into that. A certain group of supporters can probably attest to that.

I just had a random thought.
If Ridley gets the last kill in a stock match or the most points in a timed battle, does he win?
Maybe just to take a dump on his legacy. Which I hate.

Who knows what Ridley does, tbh. Just gotta wait and see.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
Show off Mewtwo now to whet the appetite, then announce that it will be part of a complete Pokemon-themed DLC package with Mewtwo based off its anime counterpart(s), then reveal Ash + one of his traveling friends (the correct answer is Misty) as new characters for this package, just so Smash 4 can go one step further than Brawl did when it let in 3rd parties. Let's go big bucks no whammy stop.
To be honest I think once they show off mewtwo they'll have possibly 2-3 more characters to announce. I bet they used him just to distract people lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That's what I'm thinking too.

When the Duck Hunt trailer goes live, I'm willing to bet DLC package info will be mentioned within the same event. Mewtwo was to generate hype for the next video to see if he's got in-game footage by that point.

D

Deleted member

Then I'd be sandbagging. :4robinf:

Virion is one of the richest characters as you begin to uncover his support conversations.
We all know who I'd sandbag for.

Credit to @ shrooby shrooby for this ^

Last edited by a moderator:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Then I'd be sandbagging. :4robinf:

Virion is one of the richest characters as you begin to uncover his support conversations.
Yes, but he kinda sucks as a dad, even Ricken gives some useful classes and and an awesome magic stat, and i thought that's what you meant :awesome:
But yes as a character Ricken is the most boring of the playable cast, the only conversation he has that i really like is the one with Henry.

Hong

The Strongest
Yes, but he kinda sucks as a dad, even Ricken gives some useful classes and and an awesome magic stat, and i thought that's what you meant :awesome:
Wyvern Rider and Archer class? Yes please! I'll admit his stat bonuses aren't impressive, but at the same time he doesn't have any consequential negatives, either.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Registering both Smash games to allow the Mewtwo download from E-shop is so you can't just lend your game to someone to unlock Mewtwo for them.
That stinks, because I have a sibling with his own copy of Smash 3DS and I don't want to get two copies of the Wii U version just for that.

I actually like Ricken. I'm a sucker for witch/wizard characters in general, though. He's not the most colorful of the cast, but I don't mind him.

I've only done Virion's support with Olivia, but it's very sweet. It made me like the guy a bit more, like how Vaike's with Panne made him grow on me a little as opposed to just being the dumb hothead type.

EDIT: I'm guessing Mewtwo will be the only one in the Wii U/3DS promotional bonus, but I'm guessing they'll accompany him with a couple of other characters when they actually sell the DLC characters and that they'll be announced in advance. I'm betting on :wolf:, Dixie Kong, and/or a new Zelda rep to start.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Have I mentioned I really need to play Xenoblade when the new 3DS comes out?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
St-Stop. Your-Your going to make me cry.

Oh no, no, no. Great, now pikachu is crying

Oh, sorry about that. Allow me to play you my favorite Xenoblade song as my way of apologizing for making your electric rodent cry.

:troll:

D

Deleted member

St-Stop. Your-Your going to make me cry.

Oh no, no, no. Great, now pikachu is crying

The song is beautifully depressing.
A lot of Xenoblade's soundtrack is absolutely incredible and Smash should give you a sample of just how good the music is.

Have I mentioned I really need to play Xenoblade when the new 3DS comes out?
Please do. You won't be disappointed! It's by far the best RPG that I have ever played.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Please do. You won't be disappointed! It's by far the best RPG that I have ever played.
While I wouldn't go as far as to say it's one of the best I played, it IS a great game and does a few things that I wished more games would emulate.
All that banter and talking mid-battle between the party is a great way to give the characters a bit more flavor.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wish there was an easy way to upload footage from SSB4.. I had an awesome four or six matches against a great Ness player. Our final match ended with Robin's Levin D-Smash catching him off guard.... in Sudden Death. :awesome:

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I wish there was an easy way to upload footage from SSB4.. I had an awesome four or six matches against a great Ness player. Our final match ended with Robin's Levin D-Smash catching him off guard.... in Sudden Death. :awesome:
I would defiantly want a feature like this. There have been so many matches/moments I wish I could share without needing to record a recording using a video camera with qualities of potatoes.

Like this one match I had against this Shulk player the other day in For Glory. I was able to pull off a Ken combo using Robin, and boy it felt satisfying. However not having a good way to share it makes me sad.

Seigi Hakobi

Smash Rookie
Still kinda wish there was an alt color for Robin with brown hair. But hey, I'm just glad he's in the game! :4robinm:FTW!

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Hey guys! How have you been faring in for glory?
I've been having a lot of fun elwind smashing the living daylights out of people who aren't expecting me to chase offstage. :troll:
I kind of get a heart attack every time I see a good Ness player though, it's pretty scary to deal with.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Went to a tournament today. Texas was there.

Sheik.

The end.
Aw dude, that's brutal! Sheik is a nightmare to fight. My condolences.

On the other hand, I accidentally double posted. *facepalms* So sorry.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I wish my area knew what "Super Smash Bros." is

Hey guys! How have you been faring in for glory?
I've been having a lot of fun elwind smashing the living daylights out of people who aren't expecting me to chase offstage. :troll:
I kind of get a heart attack every time I see a good Ness player though, it's pretty scary to deal with.
My record with Robin is finally positive, at least. Ness is definitely a pain, once he figures out he can use PSI Magnet to eat all your magic it's an uphill battle from there. At least Robin has a better air game, so you can try to use that, and maybe trick him with some close-range Arcthunders.

Last edited:
Top Bottom