• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If I could have had one song...

Honestly, Path of Radiance had a weak OST for the most part and Radiant Dawn was a mixed bag. It'd be a shame to have a lot of tracks from the Tellius saga, especially since they didn't particularly have a good choosing in Brawl. That said, we have The Devoted this time, which is a good sign.
So happy I'm not the only one demanding Jugdral-era songs! This one is so sweetly composed BTW...

Hong

The Strongest
So happy I'm not the only one demanding Jugdral-era songs! This one is so sweetly composed BTW...
It's a great album. Wish they did arranged albums for Elibe and Magvel. Those games have amazing compositions, but the GBA had such harsh hardware limitations.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's a great album. Wish they did arranged albums for Elibe and Magvel. Those games have amazing compositions, but the GBA had such harsh hardware limitations.
I think I found an album for Elibe-tunes, maybe at SereneForest. But yeah. I really liked those songs as well. (-ovo-)

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Honestly, as long as they do some remixes, I'll be happy. Even though I was unfamiliar with the series at the time, Brawl's FE tracks were probably my favorite songs in the game.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
If I could have had one song...

Honestly, Path of Radiance had a weak OST for the most part and Radiant Dawn was a mixed bag. It'd be a shame to have a lot of tracks from the Tellius saga, especially since they didn't particularly have a good choosing in Brawl. That said, we have The Devoted this time, which is a good sign.
hey, Radiant Dawn had plenty of great tracks!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gaiden seems to receive another song again however (Fight 1), so from the bright side, if it's a song that is from older games, it might be more likely to get a remix.
Really now? Then I hope it's not the only game that gets a remixed song.

I wonder why Fire Emblem Gaiden has been getting so much attention in the form of songs. It wasn't a very notable title in the series, wasn't it? I always thought the Jugdral games were the peak of the franchise, and yet we haven't gotten any significant content of it in Smash outside of palette costumes.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Really now? Then I hope it's not the only game that gets a remixed song.

I wonder why Fire Emblem Gaiden has been getting so much attention in the form of songs. It wasn't a very notable title in the series, wasn't it? I always thought the Jugdral games were the peak of the franchise, and yet we haven't gotten any significant content of it in Smash outside of palette costumes.
I was going to say it had to do with them only being released in Japan, but so was Gaiden from what Google tells me...

Awesome new icon, by the way.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
hey, Radiant Dawn had plenty of great tracks!
This one in particular... I've always wondered why the recruitment themes are always the best. (Yes I know this was also in Path of Radiance)

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was going to say it had to do with them only being released in Japan, but so was Gaiden from what Google tells me...

Awesome new icon, by the way.
Yeah, the fact that the Judgral games were Japan-only does nothing to explain the presence of remixed tracks from the other games in the series. Such a thing did not stop MOTHER 3 from being represented in Brawl, as well as the Fire Emblem lords from being playable in Melee. In the case of the former, it was showboated as being one of the great games to play during its time, a title worthy of being up there along the likes of Mario and Zelda. For this huge MOTHER fan, I was less than pleased with its constant advertising in the game (considering that, again, it wasn't released outside of Japan).

And the chaurus dragon is pleased with your positive remark. Remind it not to devour you this Halloween. :skull: :skull: :skull:

Shaymikyu

Yeah, the fact that the Judgral games were Japan-only does nothing to explain the presence of remixed tracks from the other games in the series. Such a thing did not stop MOTHER 3 from being represented in Brawl, as well as the Fire Emblem lords from being playable in Melee. In the case of the former, it was showboated as being one of the great games to play during its time, a title worthy of being up there along the likes of Mario and Zelda. For this huge MOTHER fan, I was less than pleased with its constant advertising in the game (considering that, again, it wasn't released outside of Japan).

And the chaurus dragon is pleased with your positive remark. Remind it not to devour you this Halloween. :skull: :skull: :skull:
I know what you mean. I'm a Mother fan too, and while I love all the Mother 3 content in Brawl, it did rub me the wrong way at times considering the game never will likely see release here, kind of like the jab at Mother 3 at E3 in that Robot Chicken sketch thing. It made me laugh, but it kind of miffed me, too.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I'll disagree to the moon, I think Path of Radiance musical score is glorious. On the other hand, I found the music from the GBA games outside of Blazing Sword to be completely forgettable (but then again, I don't really like either of the other 2 games, so that might make me biased on the subject). I like some tracks in RD, but not the returning PoR songs as I feel those were completely half assed

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
I'll disagree to the moon, I think Path of Radiance musical score is glorious. On the other hand, I found the music from the GBA games outside of Blazing Sword to be completely forgettable (but then again, I don't really like either of the other 2 games, so that might make me biased on the subject). I like some tracks in RD, but not the returning PoR songs as I feel those were completely half *****
In my opinion I find all of Fire Emblems ost aside from together we ride to be really bland and stale.

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
Yeah Id purpose is okay but if you compare other OST with FE it really shows how forgettable it can be.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Not only did Path of Radiance have some meh field tracks, but the application of the tracks they used is poor.

For instance, Clash is a perfectly fine track. The problem is the game loops it from the beginning every time a unit engages in battle, and the song really needs more time to work its magic. Thankfully, the player phase battle theme for the latter part of the game is much better suited for this kind of playback.

It's much better when the tracks pick up where they left off, so you can better appreciate the track in full.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Not only did Path of Radiance have some meh field tracks, but the application of the tracks they used is poor.

For instance, Clash is a perfectly fine track. The problem is the game loops it from the beginning every time a unit engages in battle, and the song really needs more time to work its magic. Thankfully, the player phase battle theme for the latter part of the game is much better suited for this kind of playback.

It's much better when the tracks pick up where they left off, so you can better appreciate the track in full.
Maybe it's because of my Shining Force Bias but I actually quite enjoyed both Clash and Decisive Attack, though I preferred Clash a bit more.

However, I have to admit that Dawn Brigade and March are a lot more catchy, despite their repetetiveness.
Funnily enough, I think On Glory's Wings and The Devoted are a lot closer to the former two in terms of composition, but I still like them the least out of all these tracks. And I don't know why.

Well, I guess they can't all be winners.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
This is appropriate because it's Halloween:

I suppose I wasn't the only one who had a hard time distinguishing Lucina and Marth from each other, was I?

Anyways, I'm still in the Halloween spirit, so here's some moar fanart of Robin and Lucina being festive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's a Did You Know Gaming video for Fire Emblem! There might be some facts that you already know, especially if you are a fan.
I actually didn't know that Advance Wars was the reason why Fire Emblem finally came to America. I assumed that it was because of Marth and Roy in Melee.

Shaymikyu

This is appropriate because it's Halloween:

I love this so much.

Source

Gotta love Dracula Robin with Lucina in this one. Rest looks amazin' too.
As I said in another thread, I adore Lucina here so much.
There's a Did You Know Gaming video for Fire Emblem! There might be some facts that you already know, especially if you are a fan.
I actually didn't know that Advance Wars was the reason why Fire Emblem finally came to America. I assumed that it was because of Marth and Roy in Melee.
I'll have to watch that because I thought the same exact thing.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The two series are handled by the same developers, right? Or am I mistaken?

Hong

The Strongest

Like the other Fire Emblem characters, Robin is pretty popular subject of fan art. Kid Icarus characters as well.
The two series are handled by the same developers, right? Or am I mistaken?
Yep. Intelligent Systems does a lot of great series, such as Panel de Pon, Pushmo, and the Paper Mario games. If there is something central to their design, they usually make games that engage the mind fairly well.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

Like the other Fire Emblem characters, Robin is pretty popular subject of fan art. Kid Icarus characters as well.
Yep. Intelligent Systems does a lot of great series, such as Panel de Pon, Pushmo, and the Paper Mario games. If there is something central to their design, they usually make games that engage the mind fairly well.
It was only recently that I found out FE was an Intelligent Systems creation(Awakening being my first FE game). Same goes for Advance Wars, though I have yet to play one. But Paper Mario is the one I'm most familiar with, which is one of the greatest series Nintendo has ever come up with(The Thousand-Year Door in particular).

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Does not surprise me.
I'd say Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are the series in Smash whose art style lean most towards art styles commonly found in anime.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Does not surprise me.
I'd say Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus are the series in Smash whose art style lean most towards art styles commonly found in anime.
That, and all the characters from those series are already practically anime characters.

Hong

The Strongest
In essence.

You either get characters who are either the most anime, the most cute, or both. Statistically, this shows itself in MMO games with the character race or traits that are the most popular in Asia versus other regions.

Unkown Hero

Smash Journeyman
In essence.

You either get characters who are either the most anime, the most cute, or both. Statistically, this shows itself in MMO games with the character race or traits that are the most popular in Asia versus other regions.
Oh, are you guys talking about anime artwork, I LOVE anime artwork (though I don't watch a lot of anime ironical)

Also, Hi Hong, haven't seen you in a while :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That, and all the characters from those series are already practically anime characters.
I think I'd totally watch a Fire Emblem anime(and not the other one). Awakening is just rife with potential story lines.

Of course, that'd piss off the shippers, but who cares? :seuss:

just as long as they make Robin Lucina a pair in that anime

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I loathe anime and everything about the art style, the tropes, and honestly I feel immensely out of place with its fans.

That said, whether it's Etrian Odyssey, Marl Kingdom, Fire Emblem, or a number of other series I like, Japan makes some pretty incredible games, and naturally these series have characters of that style. For the most part, I'll still take anime over super-gritty-real-is-brown-have-some-bloom games any day.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How ironic is it that I'm not an anime-goer, I don't associate with it very much and yet some of my favorite games are anime-like, Awakening being the central point to the argument.

happy late stuff.

WTH IS THAT SLIGHTLY BEARDED ROBIN

In all seriousness, I'd kill for your robe. Literally.

I'm jelly :c

Top Bottom