• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
does their robe change at all or just their hair

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
@Thatfireemblemfanboy
We have already discussed Robin's new palettes here, so I merged your thread into it.

does their robe change at all or just their hair
Hair and robes change, from what we're told. The most interesting one is the white palette, which endows Robin with black hair. Could be a Sephiran reference. We'll have to get a good look at it.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Depressed about his/her alts. Just hoping they get Hair Color 13, my original MU's hair color (and that color will put my MU in Smash, I changed only his hair color in my first run through.)

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Just a hood? That seems slightly boring. Then again, Lucina has her mask.
I mean...it's basically just an add-on. Not really meant to be "fun", just something I know others (myself included of course) would like to see.

Oh, and I'm supporting this as a taunt, not a costume.

Costume wise, I'd really want to see Dread Fighter, Sage/Sorc, Grandmaster...yeah :p

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ridley is such a weird scenario... He's well supported, but the dev team (or Sakurai or whoever you want to blame) seem to think that he's not a suitable character. They've gone out of their way to honor him the best that they can in any other way that they can other than a playable spot. If that's their decision, then we as fans should just accept it (all this is a moot point if he somehow shows up playable.

Robin fans, on the other hand, have known that he was a possible rep that fit into Smash nicely, but from my experience, we've had to deal with a lot of grief before his reveal. I wouldn't go so far as to say that we Robin supporters deserve Robin more than anyone other character's fans do (I think [most] Rosalina fans have been pretty good, as have Shulk ones), but it's great to see all of our hopes and dreams realized in such a fantastic way.

About three days and eleven hours before Robin is released to the world... this is so surreal...

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Are Up-Air Smashes and Down-Air Smashes confirmed, BTW?
I feel like someone mentioned that they were great, but I can't find a source... but...

Shouldn't this be his down one? We see his side one used on Fox (I think) in Robin's trailer, and that's an upwards slash. So unless this is Robin's back-smash (which would be a really awkward animation I think to get into this position), it's probably Robin's down air Smash. If he has a down one, he should have an up one too.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I feel like someone mentioned that they were great, but I can't find a source... but...

Shouldn't this be his down one? We see his side one used on Fox (I think) in Robin's trailer, and that's an upwards slash. So unless this is Robin's back-smash (which would be a really awkward animation I think to get into this position), it's probably Robin's down air Smash. If he has a down one, he should have an up one too.
Good point- but dang, Robin has more options to Smash than other fighters can shake at. Seems to put Peach's floats in shame. Definitely has upper hand on Palutena in online. All for this flexibility and power...

I might think a following scenario when using Robin effectively: rack up damage from far by keep-away game through use of spells or juggling/comboing close with Bronze Sword, and then finish these guys off with Levin Sword.
Edgeguard or gimp the recoveries with Arcfire or Thunder.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Good point. Golly, this guy has more options to Smash than other fighters can shake at. Seems to put Peach's floats in shame. Still, I'm all for this crazy flexibility and power.

I might think a following scenario when using Robin effectively:rack up damage from far by keep-away game through use of spells or using Bronze Sword to combo and juggle, and then finish these guys off with Levin Sword. Edgeguard or gimp the recoveries with Arcfire or Thunder.
That's why I like him, and with recent reports that it regenerates in about 7 seconds, it'll be even easier to rack up damage by using the Levin Sword too.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Having tilts and smashes in the air is a pretty interesting powercreep if I do say so myself.
I'm still wondering how it's going to work when using a cstick.. Will it force you to use the levin sword when attacking in the air with a cstick?

And can neutral air be charged like a smash attack? If so, how? Holding down the A button?

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Maybe using different tomes, like standard special shooting a hammer out resemble Milojnir, side getting an eruption like Bolganone, up striking double the amount of times like Celica's Gale, and maybe a triple damage but no healing down special like Ruin?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Good point- but dang, Robin has more options to Smash than other fighters can shake at. Seems to put Peach's floats in shame. Definitely has upper hand on Palutena in online. All for this flexibility and power...

I might think a following scenario when using Robin effectively: rack up damage from far by keep-away game through use of spells or juggling/comboing close with Bronze Sword, and then finish these guys off with Levin Sword.
Edgeguard or gimp the recoveries with Arcfire or Thunder.
Don't forget he/she also has Thoron as a potential finishing move. Even if foes stay out of the reach of his/her Levin Sword, they risk giving Robin the opportunity to charge up and fire a Thoron blast.

D

Deleted member

Having tilts and smashes in the air is a pretty interesting powercreep if I do say so myself.
Wait a second, is that confirmed? Robin has some sort of Smash attacks in the air? If that's true, then that will be interesting.

Don't forget he/she also has Thoron as a potential finishing move. Even if foes stay out of the reach of his/her Levin Sword, they risk giving Robin the opportunity to charge up and fire a Thoron blast.
Now that's nasty. I just wonder how he will preform in battle with all of this power and range.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait a second, is that confirmed? Robin has some sort of Smash attacks in the air? If that's true, then that will be interesting.
According to people who played the recent demo, if you just tilt the control stick and use attacks in the air, they'll just be standard air attacks that use the Bronze Sword. However, if you smash the control stick like you would when you use a Smash attack on the ground, Robin will instead pull out the Levin Sword and use that to send opponents flying.

Now that's nasty. I just wonder how he will preform in battle with all of this power and range.
Yes, Robin's looking pretty promising at this point.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh, right about that. I hope the charge doesn't take too long to pull that off. It seems to launch them upwards however which might make them easier to come back due bigger blast zones (incase Thoron won't KO and they become helpless).

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
That's the real gimmick imo.
Very interesting... Robin is shaping up to be even better and better.

Excellent idea- I had completely forgotten about how these two could work together. Wow, the the Levin Sword being so awesome and the pressure that Thoron puts on opponents, Robin really is bringing the thunder.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Robin's Final Smash should have been her jumping in the air and coming down with a tank while shouting GRANDMASTER!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

According to people who played the recent demo, if you just tilt the control stick and use attacks in the air, they'll just be standard air attacks that use the Bronze Sword. However, if you smash the control stick like you would when you use a Smash attack on the ground, Robin will instead pull out the Levin Sword and use that to send opponents flying.
That's interesting.
Seeing as how the Bronze Sword apparently combos people, you could possibly use Robin's Bronze Sword attacks to juggle opponents or use them for comboing. Then, you would finish the opponent off with the Levin Sword. That's a pretty interesting strategy...

Yes, Robin's looking pretty promising at this point.
Dare I say that he's one of the best looking fighters in the game?

Robin's final Smash should have been her jumping in the air and coming down with a tank while shouting GRANDMASTER!
I dunno if I would laugh hysterically or cry miserably.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
Counter. Every other FE character has it, so why not Robin?
The fact that his specials are based off of tomes kinda wrecks this idea. I mean, it could be something like the Counter skill from Awakening.

Top Bottom