• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Ladies and gentlemen, here's Robin's costumes!

The Anna colored one is so awesome! Or is it Red Robin? :p
I'm totally gonna main with that White Mage pallete.

Are the green and red ones meant to represent the Cain-Abel archetype?

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Uhm... thats exclusive to MegaMan as far as we know. So it doesn't affect anyone but him. Maybe sonic because the recovery is so similar. Also MegaMan doesn'T go into freefall afer Up-B (I think sonic in brawl did?)
He didn't, but he couldn't use any of his specials until landing.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Well, this popped up on 9gag-

And of course, one smart guy's comment was, "Who is using a s***** a** bronze sword?" And of course I laughed.
Monado sure sticks out like a sore thumb.

'Cause it's red like a sore thumb...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sakurai directly referred to Final Fantasy in his Famitsu article with Robin, calling him a Magic Knight, so he definitely had FF on the mind when he was making Robin.

The White Mage-lookalike alt is intentional.

andimidna

Smash Master
Ladies and gentlemen, here's Robin's costumes!

The Anna colored one is so awesome! Or is it Red Robin? :p
I sure hope that's an Anna color! Being able to fight as an Anna-colored Robin with a Levin Sword would be close enough to playing as her :p
It's interesting that changing what team they're on will change their gender in team battles. I honestly thought there'd be 16 costumes. Still not disappointed though, I like each one here.

I think I'll choose the blue-haired one for irony ;)

Guess I will just stick with standard Robin. Disappointing alternate colors imo.
Seeing small 3ds pictures is a lot different than seeing them in full, beautiful HD
Just wait :p

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uhm... thats exclusive to MegaMan as far as we know. So it doesn't affect anyone but him. Maybe sonic because the recovery is so similar. Also MegaMan doesn'T go into freefall afer Up-B (I think sonic in brawl did?)
Sonic didn't go into freefall, no. Neither did Snake.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
... I suppose i'll get my chance another day
View attachment 24623
So, how many times has Chrom been killed?

Robin kills him.

...Twice.

Then he gets knocked out by Captain Falcon.

Then in terms of Smash, his chances are killed off by being part of a Final Smash...

...And part of a victory pose...

...And a palette swap for Ike.

This guy just doesn't catch a break, does he?

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, we did get another blue-haired swordsman after all. :troll:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Sakurai directly referred to Final Fantasy in his Famitsu article with Robin, calling him a Magic Knight, so he definitely had FF on the mind when he was making Robin.

The White Mage-lookalike alt is intentional.
Doesn't explain why he didn't go with Red Mage or Mystic Knight colors, though...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What is it with third party characters not becoming helpless?

Pac-man may be an exception, though, unless he becomes non-helpless by bouncing more than once.

Hong

The Strongest
I burst out into laughter when I saw that Chrom palette, even though I called it way back when ike was shown.

Not even the most profound necromancers of Magvelian lore could resurrect Chrom's chances of being a playable character. :skull::skull::skull:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I burst out into laughter when I saw that Chrom palette, even though I called it way back when ike was shown.

Not even the most profound necromancers of Magvelian lore could resurrect Chrom's chances of being a playable character. :skull::skull::skull:
I always thought it was possible, perhaps even likely, but seeing it there...

I'm sorry, but it's just too funny. :joyful:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Is :4lucina: taller than :4robinm:?

I don't know about Awakening, but in Smash 4, Lucina DOES look quite a bit taller than Robin <plus Lucina is leaning a bit back, so she could potentially be even taller.>

It's pretty amusing to imagine that between the :4lucina:/:4robinm: relationship, Lucina is the taller one. :p

Nevermind that this reply came several pages after the first post. =P

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well, we did get another blue-haired swordsman after all. :troll:
Eat your heart out, Chrom :4dedede:

I will be playing the game on the 3DS, so I don't really care about how they look in HD.
But glorious hair animation in HD! You should care! :seuss:

Just like we've always wanted. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So the prophecy became true. We didn't want another blue haired swordsman and we got one :troll:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Y'all wasting your time trying to convince her about HD.

I'm ecststic about these colors. Not sure whether I'll be maining Anna Robin or Blood Knight Kirito Robin. Default Robins are also great. Decisions decisions.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There is nothing to convince me about. I appreciate HD graphics, but they aren't a big deal to me.

On the actual subject of the thread, I am starting to warm up to pinky Robin. I wish it was white hair and white coat, but the pinky alt is close enough, I guess.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
There is nothing to convince me about. I appreciate HD graphics, but they aren't a big deal to me.

On the actual subject of the thread, I am starting to warm up to pinky Robin. I wish white hair and white coat, but the pinky alt is close enough, I guess.
You'd figure Chrom would be the Pinky and Robin would be the Brain.:4robinf:

But I suppose if you are NOT IN THE GAME*, Robin will have to handle both.:bluejump:

*As playable fighter, Chrom

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

On the actual subject of the thread, I am starting to warm up to pinky Robin. I wish white hair and white coat, but the pinky alt is close enough, I guess.
Nah, I won't try to convince you, I needed an excuse to be hammy :p

Real men wear pink :troll:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Gah. The saturation level of the colors is terrible. D:

Hopefully they get toned down some for the Wii U version. Might just be that way to make it easier to distinguish characters on the 3DS.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Let's be honest
You know what's coming
But this increases the dramatic effect and is totally necessary.
Relevant:

Yeah, but really. Seeing highly saturated colors in games always annoys me for some reason. I really do hope they tone it down for the console release, because as of right now I don't really like any of the alt colors for Robin.. I mean, go look at the Lucina alts and see how amazing they are.. After seeing those, I feel a little let down with the ones we have for Robin.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Let's be honest
You know what's coming
But this increases the dramatic effect and is totally necessary.
When I opened up all those spoilers, I was hoping for this:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yeah, but really. Seeing highly saturated colors in games always annoys me for some reason. I really do hope they tone it down for the console release, because as of right now I don't really like any of the alt colors for Robin.. I mean, go look at the Lucina alts and see how amazing they are.. After seeing those, I feel a little let down with the ones we have for Robin.
Can't please everybody. I wished :4robinf: had an alt with blue hair. That was it.

When I opened up all those spoilers, I was hoping for this:

That would have been too easy :4dedede:

Fooled ya :troll:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't know about Awakening, but in Smash 4, Lucina DOES look quite a bit taller than Robin <plus Lucina is leaning a bit back, so she could potentially be even taller.>

It's pretty amusing to imagine that between the :4lucina:/:4robinm: relationship, Lucina is the taller one. :p

Nevermind that this reply came several pages after the first post. =P
Huh. S she is the taller one.

Hong

The Strongest
Whenever I see this image, a certain image comes to mind.

And today I decided to share it!

I was too lazy to Photoshop hands.:050:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I didn't even notice Marth had a Roy costume, That's neat.
Neither did I. Shoot, now I've not only got to choose between Lucina and Marth, but now I have to choose between orange Marth and Roy Marth and Tiki Lucina and Lucina Lucina.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Whenever I see this image, a certain image comes to mind.

And today I decided to share it!

I was too lazy to Photoshop hands.:050:
The more I look at that picture, the more I believe Crazy Redd's nose is some kind of black hole. It's a bit creepy.

Top Bottom