• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Well, this popped up on 9gag-

And of course, one smart guy's comment was, "Who is using a s***** a** bronze sword?" And of course I laughed.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
He takes his tome, blocks, and then slaps the opponent with the tome.
So much yes. Is it bad that I'd love for him to have Counter- it's an amazing move and whenever a character uses one, it makes me want to play as them.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I expect his custom specials to follow a standard pattern:
Default - Balanced
Variation 1 - Quicker but weaker
Variation 2 - Stronger but slower

For instance, his side-B will probably be something like:
Default - Arcfire
Variation 1 - Fire
Variation 2 - Bolganone

I'm not sure how the variations will work with his neutral B, though, as the charged stages of the move do exactly what I described above already. :p

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Well, this popped up on 9gag-

And of course, one smart guy's comment was, "Who is using a s***** a** bronze sword?" And of course I laughed.
What's the sword that's between Roy's Falchion and the Meta Knight sword?
Also they forgot Pit's blades (unless those are Pit's blades :awesome:).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The bronze sword.
Also known as "the cheap-*** sword I give to everyone while grinding EXP so I can save my actually good swords for later."
EXACTLY. I value how underpowered my other units are while making sure I remain the most powerful member of this army!

we are both cruel jerks lol

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What's the sword that's between Roy's Falchion and the Meta Knight sword?
Also they forgot Pit's blades (unless those are Pit's blades :awesome:).
Kirby's scimitar. His up-B.

D

Deleted member

What about Roy and Tink's swords? Which one is in between them?
That's Ganondorf's sword that he never uses in Smash; the Sword of Sages. He used it in his final battle in Twilight Princess and it's only seen in Ganondorf's down taunt in Brawl.

Hong

The Strongest
:GCB:
Thunder (standard)
Ignis - Charge up move that empowers your next spell or smash attack.
Arcwind - Charge up a spell that releases a small tornado when released. At low charge it only pushes them away, but at max charge it deals damage and tosses them into the air (like the tornados from Hyrule Castle 64).

:GCB::GCR:
Arcfire (standard)
Bolganone - Fiery projectile embeds itself into the ground before exploding into a pillar of flames a few seconds later
Rexcalibur - Icy wind projectile fires diagonally upwards. Freezes at higher percentages

:GCB::GCD:
Nosferatu (standard)
Counter
Flux - Much faster than Nosferatu, but no life drain.

:GCB::GCU:
Elwind (standard)
Fimbulvetr - Surrounds herself with a violent gale as she leaps into the air.
Valflame - Shoots a steady jet of flame from her hand to ascend. Good vertical lift, but more predictable trajectory.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
:GCB::GCD:
Nosferatu (standard)
Counter
Flux - Much faster than Nosferatu, but no life drain.

I'd really hate to see one of Robin's potential custom moves be taken up with yet another generic counter move. But that's just me, I suppose.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So we know that having different tomes out changes his jab finisher...

Will they affect his throws as well? In his trailer we see him grab Diddy with a Thunder tome with
electric effects. Imagine pummeling with Nosferatu and stealing health...

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aLKgGvQug

UpB combo-breaking is a thing. It's basically Crouch-Canceling reconfigured into your Up-B recovery, with the added weakness of going into freefall/losing your UpB for getting out of a low-hitstun move.

Wonder how this will effect Robin. Probably negatively, since he's the only one with a limited Up-B arsenal.

And could you imagine the total bull**** if Robin didn't go into freefall for using Elwind?

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1aLKgGvQug

UpB combo-breaking is a thing. It's basically Crouch-Canceling reconfigured into your Up-B recovery, with the added weakness of going into freefall/losing your UpB for getting out of a low-hitstun move.

Wonder how this will effect Robin. Probably negatively, since he's the only one with a limited Up-B arsenal.

And could you imagine the total bull**** if Robin didn't go into freefall for using Elwind?
Uhm... thats exclusive to MegaMan as far as we know. So it doesn't affect anyone but him. Maybe sonic because the recovery is so similar. Also MegaMan doesn'T go into freefall afer Up-B (I think sonic in brawl did?)

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Ladies and gentlemen, here's Robin's costumes!

The Anna colored one is so awesome! Or is it Red Robin? :p

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I am loving the white, pink, and red alt. costumes. Especially since the red makes me think of Anna.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Black haired male Robin is pretty cool.

Also like red hair and pink hair female Robins. Probably because they kinda remind me of Anna and Olivia respectively.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Black haired male Robin is pretty cool.

Also like red hair and pink hair female Robins. Probably because they kinda remind me of Anna and Olivia respectively.
Call me crazy, but black haired Male Robin with that robe looks like Takumaru.

Reference much?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Guess I will just stick with standard Robin. Disappointing alternate colors imo.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
The black haired, white and red Robin kinda looks like Kirito in the Knights of the Blood Oath getup. Anyone else thinks so?

Last edited:

lunarum

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4055-3233-5833
Well... I'm a little disappointed that there's no brown hair and green robes to reference Mark from Blazing Sword, and also that there's no alternate costumes, but some of the colors look fun. Hopefully though, if dlc is considered, we'll get actual costumes/skins.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
White mage? Sakurai no, you know Squeenix doesn't like that!
I think that might be Sephiran, actually. That's kinda cool.

Well... I'm a little disappointed that there's no brown hair and green robes to reference Mark from Blazing Sword, and also that there's no alternate costumes, but some of the colors look fun. Hopefully though, if dlc is considered, we'll get actual costumes/skins.
Yeah, hopefully there'll be plenty of costume DLC. I really like Robin's default look, myself, so I'm hoping more for a Grandmaster costume.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
A bit disappointed with these swaps, probably will stick with default female Robin.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I don't mind the colour swaps, but default for male does indeed look the best - white is a close second. For female, it's a toss up between default and the Anna palette. :p

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I never got to look at it for long, but I saw those new Lucina palettes. I'll be sure to read up on the article, later. ^~^

Top Bottom