• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
So small FE:A update on my lunatic run I am at CH 14. right now and just got Lucina. Now i'm just finishing pairings and gonna start getting the kids.
That's exactly where I am on my Lunatic + run right now! It's a bit brutal, but now that I have the game breakers children, things are looking up.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's exactly where I am on my Lunatic + run right now! It's a bit brutal, but now that I have the game breakers children, things are looking up.
The things the children can do. They're walking armies. Born to create calamity and chaos.

And the fun you can have when you marry them...MorganxOwain dabess :]

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm never going past Hard/Casual thank you very much!
The things the children can do. They're walking armies. Born to create calamity and chaos.

And the fun you can have when you marry them...MorganxOwain dabess :]
Too bad they're always cousins for me.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wonder when to tackle the higher difficulty levels in Awakening.. I made a research run on Casual Mode (a.k.a Break The Game-mode)... I though think the higher difficulties will be a grind-fest and dishing as much damage as possible rather than using strategy? Could someone prove me wrong?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder when to tackle the higher difficulty levels in Awakening.. I made a research run on Casual Mode (a.k.a Break The Game-mode)... I though think the higher difficulties will be a grind-fest and dishing as much damage as possible rather than using strategy? Could someone prove me wrong?
You'd think that higher difficulties means more thinking.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Counter and Miracle skills. Nuff said...

I started a casual hard file and...

WOW reeking boxes are 4800!!!
Which is why i was happy i just bought every single DLC before... phew X)

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo. My hopes and dreams..... D:

Oh well.. I was really hoping that it wouldn't send you into freefall.. Could've been a lot of fun. Oh well, still looks like a cool move to use regardless. Wind tomes are my favorite from FE.

Really looking forward to seeing what Robin's custom special moves are now since we have a much better understanding of him.
Wind tomes have always been my favorite ever since I first got Merric back in Shadow Dragon. At least Elwind still looks intriguing... I'm wondering how it's going to do against the recoveries that I'm going to be seeing a lot of (Ike, Marth, Little Mac, more Robins).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Hard mode isn't even hard.....

Lunatic and Lunatic+ mode are infuriatingly hard due to heavy RNG reliance....

Awakening really needs a mode between Hard and Lunatic.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
I don't like Lunatic+ really, is pure RNG and grinding. It is possible to beat that difficulty without DLC, SpotPass, etc? whenever I trie I get outclassed by the enemies the next chapter.
Blue hair for :4robinf: dabess.

Makes it better when you marry Chrome.
Validar stolen the first newborn exalt and delete her brand with a sanding :upsidedown:

Hard mode isn't even hard.....

Lunatic and Lunatic+ mode are infuriatingly hard due to heavy RNG reliance....

Awakening really needs a mode between Hard and Lunatic.
Nah, Lunatic is not that hard. It's hard when you trie to use 8 battle units, but if you use 4 or less the experience makes them broken.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Validar stolen the first newborn exalt and delete her brand with a sanding :upsidedown:
If tu want querer say eso in español that's perfectamente fine porque I no entender broken ingles.(sin offense mang)

I have to remember to Google what the best abilities are to pass down from Robin .
Google tells all.

I'd totally add a e to Chrom's name if I could tho

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
If tu want querer say eso in español that's perfectamente fine porque I no entender broken ingles.(sin offense mang)

Google tells all.

I'd totally add a e to Chrom's name if I could tho
:sadeyes: I sux, quería decir que Robin era la hermana mayor de Chrom robada por Validar y que le borró la marca de la mano con una lija pa ponerle la de Grima.

I have to remember to Google what the best abilities are to pass down from Robin .
F!Robin to Morgan/Lucina: Gairoforuzu
M!Robin to everyone: whatever. I usually pass Veteran for training purposes. And Armsthrift, why? I don't want to buy Dragonstones+.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Every time I see Chrom's name referred to as "Krom", I can't help but think of Viktor Krum. And then I can't imagine Chrom without a Bulgarian accent.

If I had a gif of Fred and George doing their "Krum Krum!" arm flipping I'd link it.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Every time I see Chrom's name referred to as "Krom", I can't help but think of Viktor Krum. And then I can't imagine Chrom without a Bulgarian accent.

If I had a gif of Fred and George doing their "Krum Krum!" arm flipping I'd link it.
Bulgarian Chrom...

I can only imagine Bulgarian Chrome with extremely hammy dialogue.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I hope Krum gets to meet Mexican Peach one day (#f-tilt-tacokickzipzo)

Anyway, if anyone wants to read it, I made my analysis on rating Robin in the Rate Their Chances Finale. I hope you do though because there I express all my honest feelings to the character.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
However, I really liked the Chrom because of his compassionate and straight, but dorky man-personality. I agreed however that he seemed not very clear and exciting in means of moveset potential, being probable to oversaturate on what made Marth and Ike work so well. At times though I wish people gave him more chance, maybe because out of pity. Didn't bother reading much of the movesets made for him, haha.
Hmm... I'm pulling this quote from that other thread... let's see if it works... (first time doing so)

I saw your post earlier and skimmed it because I didn't have the time at the moment, but I just went back and read it. This part to me really stands out. As one of Robin's staunchest supporters over at GameFAQs, I always presented this question to those who pushed Chrom over Robin: "Ignoring Gematsu, why would you want him in over Robin?" Unfortunately, it yielded no good results, mostly just "Marth + Recent Lord," "Gematsu said Chrom," and "he's the main character, duh." What those old topics lacked were people like you who genuinely like Chrom for who he is. To me, the only good answers to my question were things like "I liked Chrom's character," "I'm a fan of swordsmen," or some other well explained reason.

However, on the flip-side, while I did prefer Robin to Chrom, I hated every moment that people lambasted our favorite Exalted Falchion wielder (by default :p). Just as you said, the somewhat dorky straight man in the midst of a bunch of weirdos. I liked Chrom a lot and would have been happy to have him if Robin couldn't make the cut. I hate how some people have flip-flopped and gone from saying "Robin isn't important enough, it has to be Chrom" to saying "Robin was the best choice, Chrom is boring and stupid." Grr... Do these people hear themselves? Chrom was a legitimate choice for this game, but he lost out to his best friend. I guess the best comparison I could make is Yuna making it in over Tidus (FF X) in Smash Bros- yeah, he was the "main protagonist," but her influence on the story was at least equal to (or even greater than) his influence. Does that mean that Tidus was a dumb choice? No, just that Yuna was a better one.[/quote]

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm... I'm pulling this quote from that other thread... let's see if it works... (first time doing so)

I saw your post earlier and skimmed it because I didn't have the time at the moment, but I just went back and read it. This part to me really stands out. As one of Robin's staunchest supporters over at GameFAQs, I always presented this question to those who pushed Chrom over Robin: "Ignoring Gematsu, why would you want him in over Robin?" Unfortunately, it yielded no good results, mostly just "Marth + Recent Lord," "Gematsu said Chrom," and "he's the main character, duh." What those old topics lacked were people like you who genuinely like Chrom for who he is. To me, the only good answers to my question were things like "I liked Chrom's character," "I'm a fan of swordsmen," or some other well explained reason.

However, on the flip-side, while I did prefer Robin to Chrom, I hated every moment that people lambasted our favorite Exalted Falchion wielder (by default :p). Just as you said, the somewhat dorky straight man in the midst of a bunch of weirdos. I liked Chrom a lot and would have been happy to have him if Robin couldn't make the cut. I hate how some people have flip-flopped and gone from saying "Robin isn't important enough, it has to be Chrom" to saying "Robin was the best choice, Chrom is boring and stupid." Grr... Do these people hear themselves? Chrom was a legitimate choice for this game, but he lost out to his best friend. I guess the best comparison I could make is Yuna making it in over Tidus (FF X) in Smash Bros- yeah, he was the "main protagonist," but her influence on the story was at least equal to (or even greater than) his influence. Does that mean that Tidus was a dumb choice? No, just that Yuna was a better one.
Indeed, this is what I like about him most. He might seem "bland" perhaps if looking a this abilities, but he's meant to be the balance to all the quirky and mostly more awesome-looking or playing units. (But he's really good too)
Glad to know I seem that kind of fan to you!

I first kept thinking that people here in Robin-board loved to only jab at him out of dislike or even hate, which had me not come to the board easily. Gladly they proved to not be so by talking to me about it, and I'm now more comfortable here. But TBH, at the moment I don't mind Chrom-jabbing as much due the dedication given to him as a character none the less. I really look forward to see him in the future too. (Mainly SMT x FE. Hopefully I'm not setting myself for disappointment there, right?)

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Indeed, this is what I like about him most. He might seem "bland" perhaps if looking a this abilities, but he's meant to be the balance. Glad to know I seem that kind of fan to you!

I first kept thinking that people here in Robin-board loved to only jab at him out of dislike or even hate, which had me not come to the board easily. Gladly they proved to not be so by talking to me about it, and I'm now more comfortable here. But TBH, at the moment I don't mind Chrom-jabbing as much due the dedication given to him as a character none the less. I really look forward to see him in the future too. (Mainly SMT x FE. Hopefully I'm not setting myself for disappointment there, right?)
That's a reason why I'm not on GameFAQs as much- so much hate everywhere!

That said, I don't mind Chrom-jabbing when it's tastefully done for humor. My personal favorite one is that gif of Chrom being pushed/kicked into the pool (I'm sure you've all seen it), but I keep quoting, "There are better places to take a nap than on the ground" with my friends.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I first kept thinking that people here in Robin-board loved to only jab at him out of dislike or even hate, which had me not come to the board easily.
Well, before the confirmation this was justified since Chrome's supporters were being gargantuan jerks.

And even then, it's only a little fitting revenge.

ChromFEA.jpg

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That's a reason why I'm not on GameFAQs as much- so much hate everywhere!

That said, I don't mind Chrom-jabbing when it's tastefully done for humor. My personal favorite one is that gif of Chrom being pushed/kicked into the pool (I'm sure you've all seen it), but I keep quoting, "There are better places to take a nap than on the ground" with my friends.
Yeah, I remember that one. It got old quick because seeing Lucina and Robin act OOC on their beloved/closest firend for sake of humor, reminded me of many ecchi animes where characters and the world had to bent on making the main "loser" characters life hell. So twisted and really not my cup of tea. I tend to feel quite sorry for people being chew toys for audience amusement while clearly suffering from it. Too much heart...

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, I remember that one. It got old quick because seeing Lucina act OOC for sake of humor reminded me of many ecchi animes where characters and the world had to bent on making the main "loser" characters life hell. So twisted and really not my cup of tea. I tend to feel quite sorry for people being chew toys for audience amusement while clearly suffering from it. Too much heart...
Ugh, the absolute worst is when characters on TV shows are hopelessly awkward. Sometimes I just feel so uncomfortable for them and have to change the channel or leave the room. In particular, Joey Wheeler (from Yu-Gi-Oh!... gosh I'm old) would always make a fool of himself and I'd have to cover my eyes whenever he'd do something completely idiotic.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ugh, the absolute worst is when characters on TV shows are hopelessly awkward. Sometimes I just feel so uncomfortable for them and have to change the channel or leave the room. In particular, Joey Wheeler (from Yu-Gi-Oh!... gosh I'm old) would always make a fool of himself and I'd have to cover my eyes whenever he'd do something completely idiotic.
Precicely. That stuff. And then there's the harem+ecchi+nerdloser animes like Love Hina. Not big fan of them, personally.

I though can't wait for the see that funny day when Chrom is potentially shown in SMT x FE and perhaps gains some kind of big thing to "win his fans back".
Basically girls squeeing and him being glorified once again throguh fan-art and overall reception.:laugh:

I also hope Robin pops in for cameo appearances as a way to tip back on Chrom doing same for him in Smash 4.
After all, these two have to stay together like they promised, game to game... :smirk:

Well, before the confirmation this was justified since Chrome's supporters were being gargantuan jerks.

And even then, it's only a little fitting revenge.

Yeah, I saw that all. Like I once said, I'm sorry for the asshole supporters from Chrom's side. I guess it seems he had little real support as a character, which made me sad. Chrom didn't really deserve being bandwagoned on to the point of messing with other fans.

Personally I think the whole "revenge"-thing got way too excessive. It hurt those who genuinely liked the character, not just bandwagoning on him. But I guess it all were unfortunate, yet inevitable thing to happen. Not surprised.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I can't watch those types of shows either.

Personally I think the whole "revenge"-thing got way too excessive. It hurt those who genuinely liked the character, not just bandwagoning on him. But I guess it all were unfortunate, yet inevitable thing to happen. Not surprised.
Tough stuff, but speculation sucks when it comes back to bite you in the rear.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tough stuff, but speculation sucks when it comes back to bite you in the rear.
Indeed - I'm just glad you guys made it through victorious. Of all supporters in SSB4 and perhaps in series' history, you deserved it the most.

I personally want all important fellas I love to be there, but Robin in Smash with the way he's crafted and Chrom being an awesome FS Supporter Brother is almost better outcome now, regarding Sakurai's wishes and the fans' wishes to a new FE-rep- including mine. I could perhaps wish to see Chrom pop in as a fighter, but that reguires him a lot. I like the guy just that much.

But hey, there's still SMT x FE. I hope it'll turn out more awesome than expected. Hyrule Warriors blew my mind...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Indeed - I'm just glad you guys made it through victorious. Of all supporters in SSB4 and perhaps in series' history, you deserved it the most.
I was among Robin's/Lucina's haters when they were announced, a fact I STILL regret.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Of all supporters in SSB4 and perhaps in series' history, you deserved it the most.

I love Robin... I really do.

Robin supporters certainly deserved it...

But...

I'd argue that the distinction for those who "deserve it the most"

are Ridley supporters. :p

Thatfireemblemfanboy

Smash Rookie
Robin, an interesting character, many people are wonderiing about his color swaps... and i bring some news.
At The ssb4 3DS demo in japan, There have been many new skins. Robin one of the playable characters in the demo, His model doesnt change But his hair color does! It has not been said that his cloak does, but atleast we get the optional hair color, i wanted Robin pretty customizable from his reveal, this atleast adds more to his character. Thanks for viewing umm hate this if you want, love this if you want xD (no troll comments please)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I'll have you know, those spoilers were
completely necessary for the intended
effect.
Only that
everyone already knew
where this was going
in the first place
:happysheep:

Last edited:
Top Bottom