• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Someone doesn't know Soren. :X

Arch Sage Soren was my favorite design in FE Tellius after Dark and Arch Sage Pelleas, so I am totally ok with this.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because he looks and sounds like a girl. He's close enough. Also, banging your head on a wall isn't going to bring back your memories, dude.
Yeah, but that androgynous person ain't got youknowwhat

no but banging my head helps alleviate my reaction to this gender reveal

Last edited:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Didn't see this posted, but more Robin stuff from Zipzo's AMA's thread:

I took some notes during the streaming, I think there may be some new info (sorry for the bad grammar, I'm not a native speaker. I could also have misheard something). I also missed some parts, please understand.

• Robin's aerials don't have much landing lag
    • Side-B is good for spacing
    • Neutral-B is fast
    • Up-B: slightly moves towards the direction he's facing and then shoots down.
    • There isn't any lag when he drops the Levin Sword (you can still act).
With this and air smashes our little Tactician's aerial game is one of the few that is looking pretty promising!

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
That looks like a girl.

Wait...

...he's not Libra's ancestor, is he?

OH NOOOO NOT THAT AGAIN I DONT WANNA FREAK OUT AGAIN PLEASE
If anybody is an ancestor of Libra, it's this guy who also happens to be a Monk:

Emphasis on guy.

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Didn't see this posted, but more Robin stuff from Zipzo's AMA's thread:

With this and air smashes our little Tactician's aerial game is one of the few that is looking pretty promising!
Still wish we understood more about Elwind. D: ZaHiro86 on Reddit said that it was a really good recovery move but didn't really explain why.

I want specifics about it.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
If there are DLC costumes, there will probably be a Robin multi-hair, multi-hairstyle pack.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I hope either gender gets a Lucius alt. (the guy I just previously posted a picture of).
my guess is that Robin's DLC will be other hairstyles not in the game and probably only major character alternate costumes. Unfortunately, I don't think Lucius ranks too high in the scheme of things.

Hong

The Strongest
I wouldn't mind Lucius being a recurring theme going forward, as they did with Libra. Perhaps it can be a "masculine" looking woman, next time.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
From what I understand, what we saw in the trailer was not Robin double jumping before using Elwind; the additional jump happens before she casts the actual spell. So it's Up + B = Hop forward + Elwind + Elwind. Three parts to the move in all.

If this is correct, all I need to know is if it puts you into freefall.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah. Robin seems to jump up, slide slightly in the direction you're facing, THEN shoot down the projectiles.

Re-iterated from the earlier message. After watching the trailer again, that adds up.

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
Hi guys! I'm watching Japan Time live right now and Zipzo just said that Elwind does put you into freefall. Just thought you'd like to know. =)

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Another thing about Elwind: Zipzo said the Windblades DO actually gimp people, which should make it a godly offstage-tool if timed right.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hi guys! I'm watching Japan Time live right now and Zipzo just said that Elwind does put you into freefall. Just thought you'd like to know. =)
Nnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooo. My hopes and dreams..... D:

Oh well.. I was really hoping that it wouldn't send you into freefall.. Could've been a lot of fun. Oh well, still looks like a cool move to use regardless. Wind tomes are my favorite from FE.

Really looking forward to seeing what Robin's custom special moves are now since we have a much better understanding of him.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind Lucius being a recurring theme going forward, as they did with Libra. Perhaps it can be a "masculine" looking woman, next time.
The character I think comes the closest to this might be Fire Emblem 6's Echidna:

She's at least one of the very few female Mercenaries/Heroes in Fire Emblem that wields an axe without being a Wyvern Rider.

Hong

The Strongest
The character I think comes the closest to this might be Fire Emblem 6's Echidna:

She's at least one of the very few female Mercenaries/Heroes in Fire Emblem that wields an axe without being a Wyvern Rider.

"Lookin' for me?"
I acknowledge them, as well as others such as Nailah, but they don't get the same kind of treatment as Libra and Lucius do. When Virion saw Sully, it wasn't like "Excuse me, sir! Have you seen any lovely maidens grace these parts?". He was trying to get all over her like a wyvern in heat without hesitation. Sully gets "ma'am sir'd" in support conversations, but it's not quite the same.

Edit - There is also the part where being a "masculine girl" is at the core of Sully both inside and out. Her daughter is almost relegated to all the same tropes, barring her love for armour. They are bad at cooking, rude, strong, things "not feminine".

Meanwhile, Libra, at least to my knowledge isn't just about a surface aspect of his character. He is a very solemn and devout man, atypical of being a clergy, but at least they didn't make him a "girly guy" just because he has an androgynous appearance. He's an artist, poet, and quite the problem solver.

Would be comparable if they had a female character who is mistaken for a man, and is not just all about being manly inside and out.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks

do you know if she's related to Knuckles?

I would treat Sully and Libra as two different archetypes. Both should continue within the series but they dont feel really connected. Sully is looked at more of a tomboy, while Libra is more literally viewed as a female at first. It also comes as a result of society's view on different gender roles, blah, blah, blah.

D

Deleted member

Don't forget everyone else's favorite female-but-actually-male looking character!

:awesome:

But seriously I thought he was just a really disgusting woman when he was introduced.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Don't forget everyone else's favorite female-but-actually-male looking character!

:awesome:

But seriously I thought he was just a really disgusting woman when he was introduced.
Thanks, now I'm laughing so hard my lungs hurt.

He does look the part.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Looking forward to tearing this character appart with you guys. See you next month!

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Would be comparable if they had a female character who is mistaken for a man, and is not just all about being manly inside and out.
"Marth"?

Also, Excellus is a eunuch, apparently.

Aversa: Yes, I promised him the Plegian throne in exchange for the Emblem... He jumped at the offer! Well, as much as the fat little piggie could jump... Men are all the same. Learn their ambition, and you have them by the— Oho... Well, perhaps Excellus was a bit different in that respect...

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So small FE:A update on my lunatic run I am at CH 14. right now and just got Lucina. Now i'm just finishing pairings and gonna start getting the kids.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If anybody is an ancestor of Libra, it's this guy who also happens to be a Monk:

Emphasis on guy.
I must be weird then, the first time I saw him ingame, my brain instantly went "a guy". Must had been the name (who names their girls "Lucius"?) and the easily popping out adrogynous look. But damn, those hips. I wouldn't be surprised by how people mistook him for a gal.

He's definitely my fave character in FE7 though along with Nino and Rebecca. (And Waifu Florina)

Last edited:
Top Bottom