• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Over time I've started to warm up to the idea of a playable tactician but I feel some mechanic is needed to emphasize his/her tactical side. One idea I had was having the tactician paired up with another FE:A character and the more damage they deal the stronger they become. Or simply Make the Final Smash summoning a bunch of Awakening characters to rush the stage.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Over time I've started to warm up to the idea of a playable tactician but I feel some mechanic is needed to emphasize his/her tactical side. One idea I had was having the tactician paired up with another FE:A character and the more damage they deal the stronger they become. Or simply Make the Final Smash summoning a bunch of Awakening characters to rush the stage.
What if the tactian could place generic warriors on stage as part of their standard moveset....they'd stay rooted in one spot and act like turrets that attack enemies who come too near.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Le Stance

Robin is unique as a stance change character, either focusing on zoning a character out and keeping them away, or an in your face rushdown character. Throws are the same.
Sword
A )A jolt of Lightning is generated in front of Robin as he/She raises the Levin Sword, hitting like Kirby's standard combo. 5% on sword hit, 2% on lightning Spark hits.
A>) Robin tilts the Levin Sword foward, dealing slight damage and forces opponents into the air. 8%
A^) Robin Generates a Spark above him with the sword. This Spikes opponents to the ground, and requires extreme teching skill due to speed. Can force opponents into the air. 7 %
A\/)Robin swings the levin sword on the ground, knocking enemies foward into the air. This allows Robin decent combos and is her strongest tilt. 10%
Dashing A)Robin Halts to a skid as sword is in front of him/her, knocks upward, 9%
Neutral Aerial) Robin swings the levin sword around him/her self, creating a comboing shockwave that sends players in the direction she is traveling. Has suprising shield draining prowers. 6% on sword swing, 4% on shockwave
Forward Aerial) Robin does a quick swing of the levin sword, knocking opponents foward. This is his/her killing aerial, kills Mario around 105%, 11%
Back Aerial) Robin Sends knock opponents in an upward diagonal of the direction they were hit with a diagonal slash, great combo move, 9%
Down Aerial) Robin Stabs below, generating a spark, Powerful meteor smash if sweetspotted at spike, otherwise hit backward. 8% sourspotter, 10% sweetspotted
Up Aerial) Robin Does a quick swipe, decent kill potential at 120%+, good for combos , 9 %
Foward Smash: Levin Sword) Robin swings the sword that hits twice, once in a pre-shockwave, and again with the sword swing. Deals 15 % uncharged (5% Shock, 10% swing), 22 charged (8 shock, 14 swing)
Up Smash: ShockStick) Robin draws an electrical lance and gives it a quick swing. While fast and having good reach, it has low kill potentail and is used for combos. 13% uncharged, 19% charged
Down Smash: Bolt Axe) Robin draws the bolt axe and does a circular swing. The strongest of Robin's smashes. 17 % uncharged, 24% charged
Standard B: Ignis) An aura like flurry surrounds Robin as he does a quick rushing slice, kills at 100%, pierces shields, can be directionally changed into an upward rise at 30 degrees for aerial combos, 12 %
Side B: Lethality) A quick counter of Robin's for physical attacks. Robin gains a dark aura and rushes foward. Can be used for brief invincibility frames upon rush, does not counter projectiles. Counter is 1.2x damage.
Up B: Aggressor) A zantezuken of sorts, Robin rushes in the direction the player selects, and requires good timing. Once mastered allows to dash across final destination. Can be cancelled into aerial attacks, 9 %
Down B: Stance Change) Robin Draws a tome, and the rushdown becomes the zoner.

Will post rest after lunch

Wow I forgot about this lol.

A) Robin Generates a gust of wind, almost a small tornado in front of him/her and then, AA) an air slash knocks them forward slightly. 4%,5%
>A) Robin sends out a string of 8 fireballs, with a burning red one at the end. The fireballs flinch, and the final one causes knockback. Note the string only circles in front of Robin. Can draw enemies in from in front or behind, 9% total
/\ A) Robin generates an electric shockwave around him/her, knocking an opponent upward. Is quite quick, and can be used to stop rushdown characters from overwhelming her/him. 7%
\/ A) Robin sends out a quick pillar of dark magic, knocking an opponent forward. Slowly moves forward till it moves a whole Kirby in distance. 7%
Dashing A) Robin does a twirl as a thunder spell jolts ahead of him/her that sends an opponent forward while Robin does a slide. 6%
Neutral Aerial) Robin Generates a wind gust around him/herself, and can combo hit someone quickly and keep opponents out of Robin's face with end knock back. 8%
Forward Aerial) Robin slams her/his tome at the opponent. Short Range, but high knockback. 13%
Back Aerial) Robin Sends a rush of wisps (the fire kind, not sonic lol) at the opponent, mainly used as an edgeguard, 9%
Up Aerial) Robin has a thunder jolt hit upward, arcing in a loop. Good for stopping spikes and spacing. 9%
Down Aerial) Robin sends a shot of dark energy down. Powerful spike, Robin's most powerful aerial. 14$
Down Smash: Bolaganone) Robin has to fire pillars come out of the ground and hit opponents sideways. Great edgeguard, and Robins most powerful smash. 16% uncharged, 24% charged
Up Smash: Rexcalibur) Robin has the air slash several times above her/him, and knocks the enemy upwards. 14% UnCharged, 19% Charged
Forward Smash: Thoron) Robin sends a burst of electricity forward, knocking opponents away. Due to its speed and low end lag, is great for spacing. 15% uncharged, 22% Charged
B: Ignis) Robin Spins around and sends some jolts of electricity forward. Can be charged for damage and distance, and is great for keepaway and mixups with her forward smash. 5% uncharged, 16%charged,
Side B: Vengeance) Robin sends out a Nosferatu and will sap damage from an opponent. If attacked, at precisely the moment the tome is opened, the attack is countered and Robin heals 11 Health. Nosferatu deals 9 Damage
Up B: Galeforce) Robin is surrounded by a shadowy whirlwind, akin to Pit's wings of icarus. can be cancelled into an aerial attack at any time. No damage
Down B: Stance Change) Robin switches to a Levin Sword.

Grabs: With the hand not wielding a sword or tome, Robin grabs the opponent.
Pummel: Robin sends electric shocks at the opponent. Good for breaking stale move negation, as they are quite fast. 2%
F Throw: Robin Sends an opponent forward after a brief kick. 6%
Back Throw: Robin sends a jolt of electricity on the opponent and sends them away, 7%
Down Throw: Robin electrocutes an opponent, and sends them forward. Robins most versatile throw. 8%
Up Throw: Robin chucks an opponent upwards. Good for spacing. 6%

Taunts
Up: A ball of electricity will appear in Robin's, and when it closes, she/he says "Checkmate"
Side: Robin has a Rally Spectrum symbol appear over his/her head.
Down B: Robin has electricity surge out of her/his weapon, as she/he shouts "Time to tip the scales"

Final Smash: Awakening) A dark aura surrounds the avatar, as Grima is summoned to the stage background. Anyone caught in the dark aura is instantly KO'd. Can move around to catch opponents, and works like a negative zone bubble of sorts, only smaller. Much smaller.

Attributes
Size: About the same as Marth's, perhaps a little shorter.
Weight: Slighly above average, around Lucario I would say
Speed: Quite Nimble, a little more so than Marh
Power: Below Average. More Centered on combos, so about Pit's power.
Falling Speed: Moderate.

Victory Poses.

1. Robin closes a tome and states "Now that's Strategy"
2. Robin takes a bow and states "Wow. Sometimes I even suprise myself."
3. Robin swings the Levin Sword in the air and shouts "Wrong Move"

Defeated Pose
Robin sorrowfully claps, with the tome and sword on the ground.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I like your interpretation of her skills. :)

I certainly don't object to a stance-based Robin if it is done as well as you have. There are many ways to take on the character because she is so versatile.

My response to those requesting Robin as a summoner:

Now I ONE-HUNDRED-PERCENT love and admire your enthusiasm. This post is not at all to be taken as an insult, though I need to be blunt.

I am always reluctant of having Robin being a summoner of any sort. It's not like the other assets characters bring into the fight. Something like Lumas or Waddledees are very basic art assets, and highly optimized for the 3d environment. They have few joints, scarcely any particles and don't really respond to the environment. Basically, you can have many of them on the screen at once without any real technical strain.

Unless we want faceless, helmeted soldiers with no details and minimal joints, bringing in full-bodied fighters runs the risk of technical load. Keep in mind that this has to run on the 3DS. To bring in actual characters who we know and love are out of the question. In Fire Emblem Awakening, the 3DS lags quite a bit in areas with environmental effects (snow, Grima's dark clouds, etc.), only running 2-3 characters on screen that don't even need to detect collision or anything else that could cause strain. The moment a character critical cut-in occurs, the framerate tanks IMMENSELY. The idea of having four Robins summon even just one fighter at a time, especially on stages like Reset Bomb Forest or the Nintendo Dogs stage, is absolutely out of the question. A Final Smash would outright drop it to a framerate not suitable for gameplay, even if you had immensely blurred and distorted soldiers without facial features.

If that is not enough, it just is not appealing as a developer in the economical sense. That is to say, if you want them to be actual characters being called in, that means they need to design them all in HD. And don't say they can just port them from the 3DS: they WILL get called out on it, and it would be an absolute eyesore to the work they have done thus far. Implementing could result in immensely increased development time for one character who could already be immensely unique with far less effort. Robin can be so much without it.

And honestly, the only thing that I can conceive actually adding to the experience is summoning Knights/Soldiers to block the enemy's approach, since it could make for a new fun kind of zoning character.

Just my two gold.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I like your interpretation of her skills. :)

I certainly don't object to a stance-based Robin if it is done as well as you have. There are many ways to take on the character because she is so versatile.

My response to those requesting Robin as a summoner:

Now I ONE-HUNDRED-PERCENT love and admire your enthusiasm. This post is not at all to be taken as an insult, though I need to be blunt.

I am always reluctant of having Robin being a summoner of any sort. It's not like the other assets characters bring into the fight. Something like Lumas or Waddledees are very basic art assets, and highly optimized for the 3d environment. They have few joints, scarcely any particles and don't really respond to the environment. Basically, you can have many of them on the screen at once without any real technical strain.

Unless we want faceless, helmeted soldiers with no details and minimal joints, bringing in full-bodied fighters runs the risk of technical load. Keep in mind that this has to run on the 3DS. To bring in actual characters who we know and love are out of the question. In Fire Emblem Awakening, the 3DS lags quite a bit in areas with environmental effects (snow, Grima's dark clouds, etc.), only running 2-3 characters on screen that don't even need to detect collision or anything else that could cause strain. The moment a character critical cut-in occurs, the framerate tanks IMMENSELY. The idea of having four Robins summon even just one fighter at a time, especially on stages like Reset Bomb Forest or the Nintendo Dogs stage, is absolutely out of the question. A Final Smash would outright drop it to a framerate not suitable for gameplay, even if you had immensely blurred and distorted soldiers without facial features.

If that is not enough, it just is not appealing as a developer in the economical sense. That is to say, if you want them to be actual characters being called in, that means they need to design them all in HD. And don't say they can just port them from the 3DS: they WILL get called out on it, and it would be an absolute eyesore to the work they have done thus far. Implementing could result in immensely increased development time for one character who could already be immensely unique with far less effort. Robin can be so much without it.

And honestly, the only thing that I can conceive actually adding to the experience is summoning Knights/Soldiers to block the enemy's approach, since it could make for a new fun kind of zoning character.

Just my two gold.
I think a summon character does not show off Robin as it does FE Awakening. If it is done right, I'd... adapt. However, I am just don't like the idea myself.

Thanks for the feedback Hong. BTW

Also edited my moveset. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Neoriceisgood

Smash Cadet
Jumping into this thread to throw in my support for Robin as a FE:A Rep.

I'd have no qualms with seeing Chrom either of course, but Robin would be really neat.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
His whole playstyle should involve strategy, like maybe planning attacks with Tomes like Mire, which allows Robin to hit anyone with the long ranged magic attack. Then I think he would be at the very least interesting.

Hong

The Strongest
His whole playstyle should involve strategy, like maybe planning attacks with Tomes like Mire, which allows Robin to hit anyone with the long ranged magic attack. Then I think he would be at the very least interesting.
I think Link and Snake are two characters I would consider highly tactical. Villager looks slated to be as well.

I tried to have a tactical style Ignis, a Special that you charge which empowers other specials, but there needs to be more. I'll see if I can come up with a revised moveset.

Hong

The Strongest
The topic of voice acting leaves one to beg the question: Who would voice Robin?

Other characters are rather obvious choices, since its rather binary based on time or incarnation. Robin has 6 voices (though sometimes one VA does two Robins). So who should s/he get?

It seems Michelle Ruff is the best option for a female Robin. She did both voice 1 & 3, so we can comfortably know whatever she does will match the fighter. Her resume is all over the place, but to me I know her as the strong and suitable voice of Shanoa from Castlevania.

As far as the male Robin is concerned, David Vincent (voice 1) is probably the best bet. He doesn't have the widest resume, but what he has done he has done well. He has a lot of returning clients, proving his work is consistent. Plus most of his game-related voice acting is for fighters (you might recognize him as Marshall Law), so he knows how to sound genuine.

Hong

The Strongest
Below is an updated version of my moveset for Robin. All of the moves are the same as before except Thunder, which I have made as an attack that requires trapping to be effective. I also tried to improved readability.

Mine is a ranged-focused fighter backed up by swordplay. Robin holds a sword in one hand and tome in the other, and her hair style and colour varies based on colour chosen. Wearing such a heavy robe over a surcoat and armour adds quite a bit of weight, granting Robin an above-average weight class but holding back her mobility in air and on ground.

It should go without saying, but much like how Link's sword or shield disappear for some attacks, Robin is no different with her sword and tome.

Specials
B: Ignis
Robin holds out her tome and the pages begin to turn. When fully charged, the tome is shut and will begin to glow. Ignis will empower the next smash attack or special, granting increased knockback and damage, as well as the trademark cascade of flower petals.

Using Ignis while it's already fully charged simply results in a two-handed horizontal sword swing, dealing only a part of its potential damage.

B Forward: Thunder
Launches a ball of spark that can be controlled while B is held. The sparks do not deal damage on contact or release of the button. Instead, the spark floats in place before bursting into electricity after three seconds. Whenever three sparks are on screen, the oldest spark detonates automatically upon launching a new spark.

This move is a trapper's dream. It does not have a lot of launch power on its own, but can be devastating when paired with Ignis.

B Up: Elwind
Robin spreads her arms and spirals upwards with a pillar of wind (which can be curved), doing a downward slashwith her sword at the peak. This will make for a great out-of-shield option when the enemy is directly on-top of Robin.

Ignis is only applied on the sword part, and she can grab the ledge on the way up or down.

B Down: Arcfire
Robin extends her hand and a massive blast of flame erupts from her hand in a narrow cone. This is a passively-charging attack; it takes three seconds between uses (or else it is just a puff), and 12 for a full charge. It actually does good damage on full charge, but even with Ignis the knockback isn't spectacular, and it won't hit properly if the enemy is too close. It is something that is meant to be used frequently, but strategically.

Final Smash: Calamity
Robin begins to radiate a dark aura, falling to her knees as Grima tries to wrest control of her mind. The fel dragon emerges from the background as he smashes the stage with both fists, causing spikes to erupt on both the surface and sides, dealing significant damage and having excellent launch power. The spikes come out a bit staggered so it's very difficult to avoid on smaller stages. After the assault, the dark aura fades and Robin regains control of herself.

Smash Attacks
Forward
A two-part attack beginning with a mighty sword thrust. On connection, lightning strikes the enemy from above and they are blasted away.

Up
Robin raises her fist upwards, engulfing herself with a pillar of flame, hitting foes nearby and above.

Down
Robin punches the ground, sending two windy shockwaves to either side. This one has a nice low-trajectory on connection, and the waves travel further on a higher charge.

Aerial Attacks
Neutral
Robin extends her arms and does a single spin, assisted with wind. You can chain multiples of this at low percentages if you are good at it.

Forward
A sword slash starting from overhead and a bit behind to the front, stopping about midway. Not to be confused with that of Marth's, which cover the full front and are fast enough to chain, so this one is not a good approach.

Back
Robin glances behind herself and points under-arm, with a fiery explosion erupting from her fingertip. This is comparable to Zelda's upper aerial in both might and precision, though has very different application.

Up
Robin clenches a fist above, creating a mass of multi-hitting electricity. Not great for damage and has no knockback, but it has high priority so it's good for fending off aerial attackers.

Down
Robin spreads her legs and punches directly below her, coming out fast but with limited range. If this connects the moment it comes out, it delivers a fierce meteor smash, engulfing the enemy in dark flames.

Normals
A
An advancing diagonal cut. The command can be issued again to deliver a rising slash. This is a two-hitter that is good for making space, though the second cut is too laggy to chase.

Forward Tilt
Robin's sword is engulfed in flame as she slashes forward, straight horizontally. It cuts high, so some of the cast can just duck it.

Up Tilt
Robin holds her books above her head and spreads it open with both hands. The pages turn and create a gust of wind magic.

Down Tilt
Robin swipes her hand low, creating a splash of electricity on the ground.

Dash Attack
Robin vanishes with the wind while she dashes, reappearing a short distance ahead and damaging everyone on her way.

Throws
Grab Attack
Robin sends dark flames coursing through the body of her prey.

Forward
Robin delivers a fiery punch to the face of who ever she is holding.

Backwards
Robin steps forward while pulling the enemy back, cracking them on the back of the head with the spine of her tome.

Upwards
Robin throws them up and makes a gun with both hands, squints her eye and shoots a precise lightning strike at the hapless victim at a slight angle.

Downwards
Robin forces them to their knees and slams the tome shut on their face with both hands.
I am credited as Lunadis in the OP, so I would appreciate if the old name and moveset could be replaced. Thanks!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Can we get Trish Stratus in SSB4? I mean I'd prefer over WiiFit trainer any day.
I'm sure Sakurai is reading this and will give us a Trish Stratus palette.
The topic of voice acting leaves one to beg the question: Who would voice Robin?

Other characters are rather obvious choices, since its rather binary based on time or incarnation. Robin has 6 voices (though sometimes one VA does two Robins). So who should s/he get?

It seems Michelle Ruff is the best option for a female Robin. She did both voice 1 & 3, so we can comfortably know whatever she does will match the fighter. Her resume is all over the place, but to me I know her as the strong and suitable voice of Shanoa from Castlevania.

As far as the male Robin is concerned, David Vincent (voice 1) is probably the best bet. He doesn't have the widest resume, but what he has done he has done well. He has a lot of returning clients, proving his work is consistent. Plus most of his game-related voice acting is for fighters (you might recognize him as Marshall Law), so he knows how to sound genuine.
my bet is that they use the voice 1's for Smash. First usually means default for avatar characters, so much like his/her hair, I think they will go default.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
There's a middle voice (as in not high or low). I forget if its 1 or 2, I I'd guess that one as it seems to match with the default body type.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Although I haven't played Awakening, I think they will go with Robin's default appearance (the one with the white hair) and that voice actor.

Also, you can add me to the list of supporters.

Hong

The Strongest
All jokes aside, how would we want Robin to be introduced?

I am a sappy and emotional tool, and I would love if they made a nod to Awakening in some form or another.

*video starts in darkness*
Pit: Marth... We have to do SOMETHING.
Marth: What do you propose we do?
Pit: I... I don't know!
*eyes open*
Marth: Ah, I see you are awake now.
Pit: Hey there.
Marth: There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know.
Give me your hand.
*extends hand and pulls up Robin*
Now grab your tome and fight.
*perspective turns around to show the rest of the cast, ready to battle the newcomer*

Of course if others are revealed like Ike before the trailer, they could replace either of the characters. I just chose characters who could speak.

D

Deleted member

All jokes aside, how would we want Robin to be introduced?

I am a sappy and emotional tool, and I would love if they made a nod to Awakening in some form or another.

*video starts in darkness*
Pit: Marth... We have to do SOMETHING.
Marth: What do you propose we do?
Pit: I... I don't know!
*eyes open*
Marth: Ah, I see you are awake now.
Pit: Hey there.
Marth: There are better places to take a nap than on the ground, you know.
Give me your hand.
*extends hand and pulls up Robin*
Now grab your tome and fight.
*perspective turns around to show the rest of the cast, ready to battle the newcomer*

Of course if others are revealed like Ike before the trailer, they could replace either of the characters. I just chose characters who could speak.
GENIUS/10.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Robin appears to have done well in the RMT. Good. Very Good indeed.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I am quite surprised that I didn't find this thread until recently...Anyway, I would like to say that I am in full support of Robin tipping the scales! She is one of the two characters that I would honestly love to see in thanks to her capability of bringing something new to the table as far as Fire Emblem representatives go. I am not saying she is the only one who CAN do so, but the only one with the relevance and importance to her game in my opinion.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I am quite surprised that I didn't find this thread until recently...Anyway, I would like to say that I am in full support of Robin tipping the scales! She is one of the two characters that I would honestly love to see in thanks to her capability of bringing something new to the table as far as Fire Emblem representatives go. I am not saying she is the only one who CAN do so, but the only one with the relevance and importance to her game in my opinion.
Thanks for the support!

Hong

The Strongest
Robin appears to have done well in the RMT. Good. Very Good indeed.
From what I gather from the Smash Bros community:
As more people are seeing Lucina as an unlikely standalone addition and as the general public has begun to understand the implications of adding Chrom (IE far less likely we would have Ike), combined with the fact getting an Awakening character is highly expected, I guess people just kind of defaulted to Robin. :/

At the very least, if people do not appreciate the character as I do for who she is, at least they respect the idea of having a tome-wielder. Some people outright expect Robin but don't even like her.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
From what I gather from the Smash Bros community:
As more people are seeing Lucina as an unlikely standalone addition and as the general public has begun to understand the implications of adding Chrom (IE far less likely we would have Ike), combined with the fact getting an Awakening character is highly expected, I guess people just kind of defaulted to Robin. :/

At the very least, if people do not appreciate the character as I do for who she is, at least they respect the idea of having a tome-wielder. Some people outright expect Robin but don't even like her.
If it helps you any, I want her in because I personally like her. Being a tome-wielder is just the icing on the cake for me. ^^

Hong

The Strongest
If it helps you any, I want her in because I personally like her. Being a tome-wielder is just the icing on the cake for me. ^^
Yeah. I can see that.

Even if this was the first Smash Bros and Awakening was not relatively hot off the press, I could still make a strong case for Robin to join Marth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, of course, though I just genuinely like everything about the character, sans a few of the supports.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I can see that.

Even if this was the first Smash Bros and Awakening was not relatively hot off the press, I could still make a strong case for Robin to join Marth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, of course, though I just genuinely like everything about the character, sans a few of the supports.
I also think she is the most likely candidate for an Awakening tied with Chrom for obvious reasons. Her being a Tactician is akin to the Pokemon Trainer, being the player's character and I very much see this as a trend in future games. Not to mention she is the story of the game, whether people like it or not.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Best choice for a new fire emblem character in my opinion, represents awakening without being a blue haired swordsman and could change gender like the wii fit trainer does
I also think she is the most likely candidate for an Awakening tied with Chrom for obvious reasons. Her being a Tactician is akin to the Pokemon Trainer, being the player's character and I very much see this as a trend in future games. Not to mention she is the story of the game, whether people like it or not.
I think they should go for the male option cause we already have two female magic users 3 If palutena is added

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Awakening is in a great position, because it has two really cool "new" features/mechanics that would both be amazing mechanics in Smash; them being Spellsword characters and the Dual Support system, not to mention the Avatar system (although it's been seen before, just not as in-depth).

I honestly think it would be a huge waste of potential to just have regular old Chrom as the Awakening rep, or even worse, not have one at all.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
They could also make male and female Robins alternate costumes, or just cover up Robin's face with a hood like the Awakening cutscenes do.
I don't see why they'd go the hood route when they can simply give him/her two different appearances. WiiFit Trainer got it, no reason Robin shouldn't.

Also, unless the robes were SUPER heavy, you'd have to give him/her a manlier or more feminine figure anyway, so you'd be locking in his/her gender either way.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Eh, go with alt costumes. A hooded character would be severely lacking in personality, especially when other characters from the same series get faces and voices and cool stuff like that.

Karafuru

Smash Apprentice
I was expecting seeing both genders in the game, but I refer to the Tactician as a female because that's what I played as. Not to mention when I played as a male, I didn't like Chrom's support conversation with him as much as I did with the female. I would prefer if we didn't get a hooded figure as it would lose some appeal with me. Either way, though, I hope s/he is playable.

Hong

The Strongest
I think they should go for the male option cause we already have two female magic users 3 If palutena is added
I disagree.
Robin still stands out from the other women, being the only one capable with the sword and being one of two dressed for battle. Nothing against Nana and WFT, of course.

Plus. if you count Ness, Lucas and Mewtwo, if we are talking fighting-game archetypes we have had three male spell-casters.
I was expecting seeing both genders in the game, but I refer to the Tactician as a female because that's what I played as. Not to mention when I played as a male, I didn't like Chrom's support conversation with him as much as I did with the female. I would prefer if we didn't get a hooded figure as it would lose some appeal with me. Either way, though, I hope s/he is playable.
Yeah. Also, I kind of default everything to female. I would prefer to have a female Robin if we could only have one (especially with the roster makeup), though I won't cry myself to sleep if we get default male for some reason.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Please add me to the list of supporters. I strongly believe that Robin is the best choice for a new Fire Emblem representative, as he is both very prominent in the latest game and is one of the more unique characters they can pull from it. Definitely one of my most wanted characters.

Top Bottom