• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I like all this support Robin's been getting recently. It almost seems like a few months ago, Robin was considered a non-factor, and the whole debate was Roy vs. Chrom. Now it seems to be down to Robin and Chrom as the two chief contenders, especially since Rosalina was revealed and it's become obvious that Sakurai cares more about moveset potential.

Hong

The Strongest
Also, side note, I'm hoping this shows up as a song for the Arena Ferox stage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWO4ff1HXYY Whenever I play that chapter I mute everything except for the music, it really adds to the power of the track.
I'll be damned if this doesn't show up, along with Purpose.

There was a time where this track was trending better than Awakening itself. Emblemiers and other Internet denizens alike can appreciate its beauty. Despite its beauty and emotional composition, it is epic enough to be suitable for combat, much like Fountain of Dreams.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I would get the 3DS version just for this song. Say what you will about Awakening, it has a phenomenal soundtrack.

Hong

The Strongest
o.o Hm. I hope both versions have the same soundtrack.

I can see why they would have different trophies for each, since they are graphical assets. On the other hand, I can't think of a reason for music to be unique from one version to another. More variety is always better.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
FE:A has some brilliant music, and if it was only for the 3DS then that would be about half, or more of the people who would get SSB4 for the WiiU missing out. That would be terrible. Not to mention if you got the 3DS version and some other rep had some amazing music but it was only on the WiiU, would be pretty gutting.
It would also make choosing what version to buy more difficult (Different levels was making it a difficult decision already)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
o.o Hm. I hope both versions have the same soundtrack.

I can see why they would have different trophies for each, since they are graphical assets. On the other hand, I can't think of a reason for music to be unique from one version to another. More variety is always better.
Well, I guess music on stage doesn't have be from the game it came from. It could just play on whatever FE stage is on the Wii U version.

Hong

The Strongest
Correct. Barring the case of the fact we are having two versions now, it has always been this way, going as far as to include tracks from other franchises, too.

There are LOTS of excellent Fire Emblem tracks I want to hear from throughout the entire series.

And of course Awakening. I don't have to link any of the tracks. I wouldn't even be mad if half of the tracks used originated from Awakening, because it has had the BEST music for the series, and a strong contender for gaming at large. I just hope they don't skip over Jugdral again.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm not a Fire Emblem fan (sorry, never had the occasion to play it :(), but I do support Daraen.

Female Daraen, of course :awesome:

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a Fire Emblem fan (sorry, never had the occasion to play it :(), but I do support Daraen.

Female Daraen, of course :awesome:
You played the european version too ? :) I prefer the unique name "Daraen" than the common name "Robin". And yes female Daraen is my most wanted newcommer !

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
FE:A has some brilliant music, and if it was only for the 3DS then that would be about half, or more of the people who would get SSB4 for the WiiU missing out. That would be terrible. Not to mention if you got the 3DS version and some other rep had some amazing music but it was only on the WiiU, would be pretty gutting.
It would also make choosing what version to buy more difficult (Different levels was making it a difficult decision already)
If the soundtracks are different, I'm gonna have to get both. The 3DS version will have Awakening's soundtrack and Wii U will have Xenoblade's. There's no way you can possible decide.

Also s/he's called Daraen in Europe!? Oh my Gods that's so much cooler than Robin!!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
If the soundtracks are different, I'm gonna have to get both. The 3DS version will have Awakening's soundtrack and Wii U will have Xenoblade's. There's no way you can possible decide.

Also s/he's called Daraen in Europe!? Oh my Gods that's so much cooler than Robin!!
And Rufure in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Rufure top tier, mid tier, Robin low, but still cool.

Also, saying Japanese names is easier for me than "Daraen". :(

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Oh, yeah, I'm just used to the european version, sorry :laugh: I like the medieval vibe Daraen have.

By the way, either Robin, Rufure or Daraen, s/he clearly is a good addition for Smash.

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
I played Awakening and I like Robin, but I don't think it would work really nicely to add him in unless all his customizations options are available or they give you an option to transfer his appearence from awekening somehow. To play with the standard version would be boring

Hong

The Strongest
I played Awakening and I like Robin, but I don't think it would work really nicely to add him in unless all his customizations options are available or they give you an option to transfer his appearence from awekening somehow. To play with the standard version would be boring
I don't know about that.

She had even less customization than the Villager in his games. Even then, assuming every colour could be a different Robin, six~ is plenty. 10-12 if each gender has a selection of 5-6 palettes.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about that.

She had even less customization than the Villager in his games. Even then, assuming every colour could be a different Robin, six~ is plenty. 10-12 if each gender has a selection of 5-6 palettes.
Wow, I'd be happy with just default Robins(M+F)...but YES this idea would definitely be my preferred inclusion of Robin, so there's some customisation, but I won't expect it, because if that did happen I'd be doing some crazy levels of celebration, well once I'd got back off the floor (from where I fell out of my chair having read the update.)

Hong

The Strongest
Wow, I'd be happy with just default Robins(M+F)...but YES this idea would definitely be my preferred inclusion of Robin, so there's some customisation, but I won't expect it, because if that did happen I'd be doing some crazy levels of celebration, well once I'd got back off the floor (from where I fell out of my chair having read the update.)
The way I see it:

Wario got two outfits, each with their own colours.
WFT got two genders, both likely with their own colours.
At the very least Robin could choose between female and male. If colour just changes hair colour/style, and maybe some accessories (eye patch, hair band, etc.), it shouldn't be a big deal.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it:

Wario got two outfits, each with their own colours.
WFT got two genders, both likely with their own colours.
At the very least Robin could choose between female and male. If colour just changes hair colour/style, and maybe some accessories (eye patch, hair band, etc.), it shouldn't be a big deal.
Yes, we know that accessories are possible in smash thanks to the pokemon (Pikachu with hat etc...). So having different costumes for a character fully customisable in his game should not be a problem.

Hong

The Strongest
On the previous subject of music, I would encourage my fellow Tacticians (which I will now use to describe Robin supporters :)) to listen to this sometime:

If you are not familiar with Fire Emblems 1-6, this track covers a lot of the best hits, many of them better than their original compositions.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, Fire Emblem music to listen to when I get back home. I've probably heard some of them, but I'm guessing at least a few songs will be new for me. Fire Emblem does have amazing music, though I find it tends to do a lot better with theme music as opposed to combat. Ninian's theme from FE7 is one of my favorite songs in the series, though I can't recall it's name off the top of my head. Was just very... sad, which is rare for me to be drawn towards. Also, having fun playing Awakening, trying to get all the supports, but it takes so long.

Robin costume-wise, I'm hoping that they just let you upload from Awakening, seems like it'd be a bit easier. You can't hit all of the hair color options, which is something I'd like to see.

Edit: And now having listened to all of it (listened to it after I got home) I'm very happy. Tons of good music, and some remixes I haven't heard.

Last edited:

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Ok..... After deciding to make an account just to post on here, now I can say........wow, I REALLY want Robin in Smash now. Cause we need more magic dang it! In all seriousness it does seem like an amazing and unique character in Smash. I also think we might have the Awakening rep announced in April, when it was released in Japan

Hong

The Strongest
Yes, join us. Come to the dark side.

We have a nice benefits...

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Yes, join us. Come to the dark side.

We have a nice benefits...
Thank you, I shall join you, the Tacticians shall control Smash Bros. (Thanks for the welcome)

Morbi

Scavenger
I do honestly feel as though Chrom is the more ideal choice if we were to get an Awakening representative; however, Robin actually sounds like the better choice. It would also mean that there would be an alternate costume for female Robin, which is the Robin I am much more accustomed to. The sentiment is somewhat exciting, the potential to integrate magic into sword-play. That being said, I think Chrom is more likely. If we are going based purely on "want" Robin would be my choice, by far.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Ok......something somewhat relevant, just checked my 3DS log and my total play time for Awakening is over 350 hours........ I think I have a problem..?

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Right, going back to the topic I can easily see 3 FE reps in Smash.
Marth: To represent the classic games
Ike: To represent the 3D Console games
Tactician/Robin: To represent the portable FE games/the player.
That's my view on it anyway

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Right, going back to the topic I can easily see 3 FE reps in Smash.
Marth: To represent the classic games
Ike: To represent the 3D Console games
Tactician/Robin: To represent the portable FE games/the player.
That's my view on it anyway
Agreed. While a third FE rep isn't guaranteed by any means, it's more than possible.

Hong

The Strongest
What kind of benefits?
  1. Solid dental plan. Grima's fangs have looked GREAT for several millenia.
  2. Mileage expensive coverage. Got to feed the ol' pegasus every country you pass? No worries! Just keep your bills. If you are feeling kinky and prefer Griffons, just let our accountants know and we'll see what we can do.
  3. Casual Fridays. Would just like to let you know that if you are a Dark Mage, we would prefer if you didn't dress down anymore due to company policy. Thanks!
  4. Tuition cost coverage for faithful followers of Grima who were considering a change in career.
  5. As well as the usual pension and employee security, of course.
Just some of the many reasons why we are the #1 cult in the seven realms and beyond.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
  2. Mileage expensive coverage. Got to feed the ol' pegasus every country you pass? No worries! Just keep your bills. If you are feeling kinky and prefer Griffons, just let our accountants know and we'll see what we can do.
  3. Casual Fridays. Would just like to let you know that if you are a Dark Mage, we would prefer if you didn't dress down anymore due to company policy. Thanks!
  4. Tuition cost coverage for faithful followers of Grima who were considering a change in career.
Just some of the many reasons why we are the #1 cult in the seven realms and beyond.
Well you've convinced me. All Hail Grima! Now to sign up for those Ressurection Classes.

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
The Happy Happyists are a close second, though.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Also is there any Fire a Emblem Awakening characters you guys would like to see as Assist Trophies?

Hong

The Strongest
Also is there any Fire a Emblem Awakening characters you guys would like to see as Assist Trophies?
The only thing stopping Tharja from appearing in some form is if Nintendo of America will continue to be a baby about it. If she does, I would like if she made pools of dark magic on the stage that would shoot up dark blasts of miasma. Something you can dodge if you are skilled, but will add to the blissful chaos that is Smash Bros.

Other than that, I would LOVE to see a manakete. Tiki seems to be the most likely. I really want to show people unfamiliar with the Fire Emblem franchise what we are made of.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
The only thing stopping Tharja from appearing in some form is if Nintendo of America will continue to be a baby about it. If she does, I would like if she made pools of dark magic on the stage that would shoot up dark blasts of miasma. Something you can dodge if you are skilled, but will add to the blissful chaos that is Smash Bros.

Other than that, I would LOVE to see a manakete. Tiki seems to be the most likely. I really want to show people unfamiliar with the Fire Emblem franchise what we are made of.

Nice avatar, by the way.
Yeah, it'd be awesome to see. Also realized Fire Emblem has a LOT of potential for Assist Trophies with all the different classes. And thanks!

Hong

The Strongest
Awesome. Let's trade.

A bit outdated, as you can tell. I have an awesome image I wanted to post, but it's about 7 mb, so I am trying to find a source.

Edit - Found the best link on KYM, oddly enough:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/583127-fire-emblem

Every Awakening character in, what is my opinion, a better art style.

Top Bottom