• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Awesome. Let's trade.

A bit outdated, as you can tell. I have an awesome image I wanted to post, but it's about 7 mb, so I am trying to find a source.

Edit - Found the best link on KYM, oddly enough:
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/583127-fire-emblem

Every Awakening character in, what is my opinion, a better art style.
Ok, that's pretty good. The FE artists online make some really amazing stuff.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Awesome. Let's trade.

A bit outdated, as you can tell. I have an awesome image I wanted to post, but it's about 7 mb, so I am trying to find a source.

image.jpg
Aha, here's what I was looking for, not every Awakening character but a good majority of them

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Awesome. Let's trade.

View attachment 7581 Aha, here's what I was looking for, not every Awakening character but a good majority of them. Edit: Sorry double post

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Swooooooords! SOOOOO MANY SWOOOOOOOOOORDS

It is nice that they throw in a new idea every once in a while, though. It'd be kinda neat if one game started with the main Lord as a very young child, and you get to choose the weapon he devotes his life to, which in turn, changes his growths.

Though, with the Avatar System, that may be a tad redundant. Still, it'd be neat. It'd also make for an especially interesting Smash character.

EDIT: ATs? Huh. A Manakete would be cool. As Hong said, it'd be nice to show everyone that Fire Emblem isn't just a more anime-fied Zelda. (Seriously, when Marth and Roy were introduced in Melee, being a lot younger, I thought they were Zelda characters.)

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Also is there any Fire a Emblem Awakening characters you guys would like to see as Assist Trophies?
I'd want the AT to be from something other than Awakening, Marth's or Ike's games, assuming of course that our playables are Marth/Ike/Robin. Something like Joshua, Anna, or a return of Lyn. Gotta rep the full series, ya know? If there was an Awakening AT, I'd like to see Panne. That could be cool...

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I think I'd prefer Nowi over Tiki as an AT, simply by virtue that she's essentially a six-year-old who can turn into a dragon. Hearing her giggle as she toasts my enemies will fill me with a sadistic pleasure.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think I'd prefer Nowi over Tiki as an AT, simply by virtue that she's essentially a six-year-old who can turn into a dragon. Hearing her giggle as she toasts my enemies will fill me with a sadistic pleasure.
I'd go for that if Tiki wasn't the more prominent Manakete in the series. You know, I wouldn't mind seeing one of those not-really-goddess-but-basically-a-goddess people. I can't remember what they were called, but they'd be really cool.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Manakete all the way for an AT. Can you imagine how cool that would look on the Wii U? In HD? Yes, please.
..........my mind is trying to see this........ OH MY GOD!

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I would kill just to see Eirika get an HD model on the Wii U version. She was my first lord thanks to the Ambassador program, and I'll always have fond memories of her now. An Eirika/Ephraim Duo as a trophy would be awesome too.
Yeah, Sacred Stones was my first as well. While I never beat it (something I should probably do) it did get me interested enough in FE to buy Awakening, which was one of the best decisions of my life IMO

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
View attachment 7581 Aha, here's what I was looking for, not every Awakening character but a good majority of them. Edit: Sorry double post
The best part of that picture is definitely Inigo hitting on Libra. Just look at that raised eyebrow. And Libra's face is priceless. They should have had non parent-child supports. As much as I love Awakening, I was a bit disappointed that none of the second gen characters had supports with the first gens, outside of Nah/Tiki and the parent-child ones.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
It also looks like it could be a stage hazard if they do a Castle Siege-like stage. But it does look good for an AT.
Nox Castle would be good (I think that's what it's called), where you control Daein forces trying to hold the line against the Greil Mercenaries. It was home to a fairly epic battle involving a ton of Laguz and Daein soldiers. It could be a large level where the two sides of the armies come and randomly fight each other, potentially catching smashers in the crossfire. (Edward, Leonardo, Micaiah, Nolan, Sothe and some other members of the Dawn Brigade could make appearances and attack the Greil Mercenaries (Soren, Mia, Shinon, Ranulf, Mist, some Laguz and maybe some others). Then to make it even more epic, the Dragon Laguz can show up and destroy part of the castle like they do at the end of the level.
I agree.

View attachment 7581 Aha, here's what I was looking for, not every Awakening character but a good majority of them
Love that Morgan is using the Falchion to cut apples. It's a nice nod to that support convo with Lucina and sibling.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
The best part of that picture is definitely Inigo hitting on Libra. Just look at that raised eyebrow. And Libra's face is priceless. They should have had non parent-child supports. As much as I love Awakening, I was a bit disappointed that none of the second gen characters had supports with the first gens, outside of Nah/Tiki and the parent-child ones.
Don't forget about the lack of supports for the Spotpass characters. That was REALLY disappointing.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Don't forget about the lack of supports for the Spotpass characters. That was REALLY disappointing.
I can understand a lack of support between the parent generation and child generation, and the extra spotpass characters (as disappointing as it is, extra characters probably shouldn't have as much), but the lack of supports and lack of a child for Say'ri was way more disappointing. That made her character feel like a last minute addition.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
I can understand a lack of support between the parent generation and child generation, and the extra spotpass characters (as disappointing as it is, extra characters probably shouldn't have as much), but the lack of supports and lack of a child for Say'ri was way more disappointing. That made her character feel like a last minute addition.
Well I just find it weird that Chrom's and Lissa can't support with Emmeryn.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah, Sacred Stones was my first as well. While I never beat it (something I should probably do) it did get me interested enough in FE to buy Awakening, which was one of the best decisions of my life IMO
For you fellow Eirika fans, look out for an Eirika moveset in a day or so. I'll post it in the general FE thread, though if there is enough support for the Sacred Twins, I'll see about abdicating the thread.

Hong

The Strongest
Logically, yeah. The character interactions in Awakening are a bit wonky across the board, though. Wish they focused on fewer characters to give them better attention. So many characters I wish could have had more plot involvement.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Logically, yeah. The character interactions in Awakening are a bit wonky across the board, though. Wish they focused on fewer characters to give them better attention. So many characters I wish could have had more plot involvement.
Yeah, one of the few problems I had with Awakening, most characters just dissapear from the plot once you recruit them

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Well I just find it weird that Chrom's and Lissa can't support with Emmeryn.
I also found that weird, but maybe they were worried that it would make it too obvious that she could be later recruited...or left people wondering who the last support is (Not sure if you can recruit her if you let her die decision wise, since I've always been super good and been all "NOOO WE CAN TURN THIS AROUND!" (you can imagine the odd looks you get when yelling dramatically and ineffectually at your 3DS screen with the vigour that would make Phoenix Wright proud).

GuyWithTheFace

NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I also found that weird, but maybe they were worried that it would make it too obvious that she could be later recruited...or left people wondering who the last support is (Not sure if you can recruit her if you let her die decision wise, since I've always been super good and been all "NOOO WE CAN TURN THIS AROUND!" (you can imagine the odd looks you get when yelling dramatically and ineffectually at your 3DS screen with the vigour that would make Phoenix Wright proud).
No matter what you choose at that point, the same exact thing happens. The dialogue changes a bit, but it leads into the same cut scene and Emmeryn is just as recruitable.

Also my first time playing that chapter, I managed to not spoil myself on the game, so my thought process on it went something like this:
"Oh, this Libra chick is pretty cute. I think I'll pair her and Chrom."
"Oh... She's a man. Well, at the end of this chapter, I bet I recruit either Emmeryn or Phila. I'll pair one of them with Libra."
"Oh... Never mind. ...Looks like he's getting Tharja. Sorry, buddy."

I get the reasoning behind the lack of 1st/2nd gen supports, and it makes sense, but it seemed like Owain and Lucina were so fond of their uncle/aunt. It woulda been cool to see Owain/Chrom and Lucina/Lissa supports at the very least. Also a Chrom/Morgan support, if he's her grandfather, would be hilarious.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
No matter what you choose at that point, the same exact thing happens. The dialogue changes a bit, but it leads into the same cut scene and Emmeryn is just as recruitable.

Also my first time playing that chapter, I managed to not spoil myself on the game, so my thought process on it went something like this:
"Oh, this Libra chick is pretty cute. I think I'll pair her and Chrom."
"Oh... She's a man. Well, at the end of this chapter, I bet I recruit either Emmeryn or Phila. I'll pair one of them with Libra."
"Oh... Never mind. ...Looks like he's getting Tharja. Sorry, buddy."

I get the reasoning behind the lack of 1st/2nd gen supports, and it makes sense, but it seemed like Owain and Lucina were so fond of their uncle/aunt. It woulda been cool to see Owain/Chrom and Lucina/Lissa supports at the very least. Also a Chrom/Morgan support, if he's her grandfather, would be hilarious.
Robin: Hey Chrom you're a grandfather!
Chrom :..............*brings out Falchion* Sorry could you repeat that.
Robin: O_O

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The game has one of the best endings ever if you play it all the way through with Eirika. Ephraim's is a bit...no. But Eirika's is absolutely great.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Ok since I'm the one who got the thread off topic I'm going to try and get it back. If Robin gets in, 5 of his/her costumes could be the different hairstyles. The sixth could be a Grima-possessed kinda look, hood up, red eyes or something like that.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ok since I'm the one who got the thread off topic I'm going to try and get it back. If Robin gets in, 5 of his/her costumes could be the different hairstyles. The sixth could be a Grima-possessed kinda look, hood up, red eyes or something like that.
I'd imagine that there would be a minimum of a default, red, green, and blue color scheme for both genders.

Hong

The Strongest
Basically.

Default Robin.
Red, blue, green.
An alternate colour scheme.

Repeat for male Robin. That's ten looks for the character which sounds fair to me.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Basically.

Default Robin.
Red, blue, green.

Repeat for male Robin. That's ten looks for the character which sounds fair to me.
Yeah I know that's probably what it'll be, I'm just throwing out ideas

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
Basically.

Default Robin.
Red, blue, green.

Actually, exactly like your avatar right now is what I was thinking of

Hong

The Strongest
In my moveset, I had it as a taunt before I cut back on text. I want to see it somewhere, though if it could be an outfit that would be AWESOME.

Nightshade98

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nightshade98
3DS FC
0001-3439-1036
In my moveset, I had it as a taunt before I cut back on text. I want to see it somewhere, though if it could be an outfit that would be AWESOME.
That it would, I'd use it all the time. Quickly! We must send this to Sakurai before it's too late!

Hong

The Strongest
I actually do message him, though I have not been given a response. All I know is he was bombarded pretty hard about Evo when Smash was on (it had HUGE traffic on NicoNico despite the hour), so at least I am happy knowing he has seen what he has created.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'd imagine that there would be a minimum of a default, red, green, and blue color scheme for both genders.
And since Robin's hair color could be any of those colors it could work with differing hairstyles/colors.

Top Bottom