• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So Zelda reveal and Rosalina, do they help or hurt our tactician in any way?
Well, Rosa being a combo with Luma shows Sakurai's willingness to try out new playstyles.
So, since the Avatar has the potential of being a stance character he could be the unique character Sakurai is looking for to shake things up. Of course, this applies to anyone who could be a stance character (Though, that's still mostly FE character, lookin' at you Chrom and Lucina).

Hong

The Strongest
I think this thread has like some dozen completely different Tactician concepts. I don't feel at all phased by the current roster.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I do think Sakurai's including more female characters this time helps Robin's chances, since the female would likely be the default.

Hong

The Strongest
It would be nice to have female characters that are not blonde royal bimbos or warrior-turned-hookers.

WFT is a good start, and Robin would be a dream-come-true.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I do think Sakurai's including more female characters this time helps Robin's chances, since the female would likely be the default.
Does it still count if the male is default? 'Cause you could count Villager as a female character too, I suppose. Though, the female costume hasn't been shown yet.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Does it still count if the male is default? 'Cause you could count Villager as a female character too, I suppose. Though, the female costume hasn't been shown yet.
Personally, I'd count them based on default costumes. So WFT is female and Villager male. But that's a matter of opinion really.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally, I'd count them based on default costumes. So WFT is female and Villager male. But that's a matter of opinion really.

Personally I'd count them as both (they are avatars after all, by their nature their gender will always be up in the air)....it would be inaccurate to say the Wii Fit Trainer is female. Considering we've already seen the male version......the Wii Fit Trainer could be said to contribute to the male roster too. For one thing it's likely the name is gender ambiguous for a reason.

Even though they occupy the same slot....the male and female trainers are their own individual characters. It's not like Wario changing his clothes.

If anything characters like WFT, Villager, Robin and (possibly) Pokemon Trainer should be considered gender indeterminate or varied.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'd be really let down if our Fire Emblem reps were:

Marth
Ike
Chrom

...all blue haired sword users that are lords, how boring is that?

I would love Robin...could switch the genders around like the WFT, and let's face it, the avatar is the main character of Fire Emblem Awakening...I don't see why Chrom is a "shoe-in" besides he's the main lord character.

I wish they'd remove Marth tbh. If they will continue on with Ike/Chrom anyway.

I'd like to see Hector...a big slow(ish) guy that swings and throws AXES...I bet people who play smash bros but not Fire Emblem think all the characters use swords...

Marth
Robin
??? not Ike or Chrom...Lyn would be cool if they could incorporate her bow she gets access too when she becomes a Blade Lord.

Anyway, I support Avatar/Robin

Hong

The Strongest
There seems to be as much a divide between Chrom and non-Chrom supporters as there are Robin. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinions.

Me? I love Robin, both in personality and function. Say what you must about whether or not you think she is bland or she ruined the plot, but appeal is in the eye of the beholder. For me and my fellow local Emblemiers, we enjoyed the character. Not to say we didn't have gripes (the Avatar should have NOT been the central plot), but not enough to spoil the soup. Of course I can think of a handful of Fire Emblem characters I liked more, though I would personally rate her above the GBA-era cast.

Beyond that, I think both her potential fighting style as a new breed of caster, as well as her appearance and presentation, would stand out from the cast in a positive way. I would like to have at least one Awakening character brought in, inspired from the source material. There has really been nothing like it, prior.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I like to imagine a Stance Change Robin. One moveset is an in your face style with a Levin Sword, and the other is a zoning one based on Tomes. I'll create moveset in a little bit...

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I like to imagine a Stance Change Robin. One moveset is an in your face style with a Levin Sword, and the other is a zoning one based on Tomes. I'll create moveset in a little bit...
Stance Robin is probably one of the popular ideas. I hadn't thought of Robin using a Levin Sword, I like that idea.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
You know, for the past few days I've been imagining what it'd be like for Robin to be in SSB4, and an interesting idea came to mind: what if Robin was one of the villains in the story mode? She/He, being controlled by Grima, could operate behind the scenes for a bit, create all sorts of obstacles for the player to go through. Later on, Robin would actually transform into Grima's dragon form and there'd be a boss fight. Once the player won, Robin would then be recruited and be playable the rest of the game.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
You know, for the past few days I've been imagining what it'd be like for Robin to be in SSB4, and an interesting idea came to mind: what if Robin was one of the villains in the story mode? She/He, being controlled by Grima, could operate behind the scenes for a bit, create all sorts of obstacles for the player to go through. Later on, Robin would actually transform into Grima's dragon form and there'd be a boss fight. Once the player won, Robin would then be recruited and be playable the rest of the game.
I like that, although I kinda think of a boss fight with Robin being more like the fight in Awakening, where you fight both the dragon and human forms on the dragon's back. Grima shoots fireballs and spikes and stuff at you, while you have to focus on killing a sort of jumpy, dodgey Robin. It seems like a difficult, but fun battle.

Also, side note, love your username. That whole scene is just brilliant.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Le Stance

Robin is unique as a stance change character, either focusing on zoning a character out and keeping them away, or an in your face rushdown character. Throws are the same.
Sword
A )A jolt of Lightning is generated in front of Robin as he/She raises the Levin Sword, hitting like Kirby's standard combo. 5% on sword hit, 2% on lightning Spark hits.
A>) Robin tilts the Levin Sword foward, dealing slight damage and forces opponents into the air. 8%
A^) Robin Generates a Spark above him with the sword. This Spikes opponents to the ground, and requires extreme teching skill due to speed. Can force opponents into the air. 7 %
A\/)Robin swings the levin sword on the ground, knocking enemies foward into the air. This allows Robin decent combos and is her strongest tilt. 10%
Dashing A)Robin Halts to a skid as sword is in front of him/her, knocks upward, 9%
Neutral Aerial) Robin swings the levin sword around him/her self, creating a comboing shockwave that sends players in the direction she is traveling. Has suprising shield draining prowers. 6% on sword swing, 4% on shockwave
Forward Aerial) Robin does a quick swing of the levin sword, knocking opponents foward. This is his/her killing aerial, kills Mario around 105%, 11%
Back Aerial) Robin Sends knock opponents in an upward diagonal of the direction they were hit with a diagonal slash, great combo move, 9%
Down Aerial) Robin Stabs below, generating a spark, Powerful meteor smash if sweetspotted at spike, otherwise hit backward. 8% sourspotter, 10% sweetspotted
Up Aerial) Robin Does a quick swipe, decent kill potential at 120%+, good for combos , 9 %
Foward Smash: Levin Sword) Robin swings the sword that hits twice, once in a pre-shockwave, and again with the sword swing. Deals 15 % uncharged (5% Shock, 10% swing), 22 charged (8 shock, 14 swing)
Up Smash: ShockStick) Robin draws an electrical lance and gives it a quick swing. While fast and having good reach, it has low kill potentail and is used for combos. 13% uncharged, 19% charged
Down Smash: Bolt Axe) Robin draws the bolt axe and does a circular swing. The strongest of Robin's smashes. 17 % uncharged, 24% charged
Standard B: Ignis) An aura like flurry surrounds Robin as he does a quick rushing slice, kills at 100%, pierces shields, can be directionally changed into an upward rise at 30 degrees for aerial combos, 12 %
Side B: Lethality) A quick counter of Robin's for physical attacks. Robin gains a dark aura and rushes foward. Can be used for brief invincibility frames upon rush, does not counter projectiles. Counter is 1.2x damage.
Up B: Aggressor) A zantezuken of sorts, Robin rushes in the direction the player selects, and requires good timing. Once mastered allows to dash across final destination. Can be cancelled into aerial attacks, 9 %
Down B: Stance Change) Robin Draws a tome, and the rushdown becomes the zoner.

Will post rest after lunch

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Lots of Robin and the tactician talk in other places. How would people here feel about Robin as a part of the Chrom & Robin or Lucina & Robin tag team character? Robin doesnt need it to be unique but I think it is one of Sakurai's options.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Lots of Robin and the tactician talk in other places. How would people here feel about Robin as a part of the Chrom & Robin or Lucina & Robin tag team character? Robin doesnt need it to be unique but I think it is one of Sakurai's options.
I would rather not have a tag team, but I'd warm up to it if it happened.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel that Robin (or any FE:A character for that matter) would really need to be part of a tag team in order to fight in an effective or interesting manner. If one such tag-team were added, however, Chrom+Robin would make the most sense, plot- and gameplay-wise.

TwinSoles00

Smash Rookie
Its really late to join topic but what if the tactician class changed for different advantages or strategy? Like a wyvern lord/ Pegasus knight for aerial/ vertical and assassin/ cavalier for covering speed? just a suggestion of late.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Its really late to join topic but what if the tactician class changed for different advantages or strategy? Like a wyvern lord/ Pegasus knight for aerial/ vertical and assassin/ cavalier for covering speed? just a suggestion of late.
welcome! That would be pretty hard considering their would be multiple movesets design. Would Robin switch into classes like Zelda does into Sheik? Or would it be per move changes?

D

Deleted member

On a side note, Robin is called Daraen in the French, Italian nd Spanish versions, and Reflet in the Japanese one.

Glad I have the version with the coolest name (IMO). :cool:

EDIT : I'm a Robin supporter btw.
My 2nd most wanted newcomer behind Shulk.

I also support the Chrom and Robin slot btw².

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
The Stance change on any FE character would prove to be very unique, something Sakurai would totally do. I think Robin would be the best to represent the Stance Change in FE. I've always supported her, so add me to the supporter list! I really want to see her!

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
On a side note, Robin is called Daraen in the French, Italian nd Spanish versions, and Reflet in the Japanese one.

Glad I have the version with the coolest name (IMO). :cool:
Wait...Robin's Japanese name is Reflet?? Fuuuu--I named the male version Rufure in my game. I wonder where I got my name from then. O_O

Hong

The Strongest
T~T Is it strange that I like the female Robin more to the point that I am having a hard time convincing myself to play through the game with a male Robin? Normally I am quite gender-blind, so I suppose it's the voice and hair selection that I like.

TwinSoles00

Smash Rookie
welcome! That would be pretty hard considering their would be multiple movesets design. Would Robin switch into classes like Zelda does into Sheik? Or would it be per move changes?
I was thinking like shiek or pokemon trainer style moves with the changing of class being b down. Thanks by the way and after doing some reasearch i found that tactitian made its debut in awakening something i didnt know. It is the first FE game i purchased so probably why. Still im a huge supporter of robin/ mu

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I was thinking like shiek or pokemon trainer style moves with the changing of class being b down. Thanks by the way and after doing some reasearch i found that tactitian made its debut in awakening something i didnt know. It is the first FE game i purchased so probably why. Still im a huge supporter of robin/ mu
technically the tactician appears in a non-unit role in Fire Emblem 7 (or Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken) as the POV character, so it's actually the second appearance of a tactician in FE. I do think considering the success of the role in Awakening that this unit will probably appear in the future of the series

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
There was Shadow Dragon and it's sequel as well. As near as I know the Tactician is the point of view for the story. Could be wrong though.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
There was Shadow Dragon and it's sequel as well. As near as I know the Tactician is the point of view for the story. Could be wrong though.
There is no tactician in Shadow Dragon. In its sequel, there is a My Unit (avatar) character, but the unit isnt a tactician. It is though the POV character.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm not sure about Shadow Dragon, but yeah, its sequel did have a customable tactician of sorts. As far as I know these guys are the only ones:

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah. MU in FE12 was more like Marth's BFF. They were Marth's bodyguard and more known for their strength than their wits. Most players went Knight or Cavalier, though I liked Mage and Archer.

The game did have a Tactician, though.

Her name is Katarina, and she has a tragic story. The developer certainly cares about her, as she is central to the content that was added to FE12, and she got DLC dedicated to her in Awakening.

I could say that, if we do get Robin, we should get an outfit that is based on Katarina. Kind of like how Marth's white outfit is a nod towards Leif, and Ike's black outfit is a nod towards his father.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Mage is always the class I pick as well. A bit disappointed they squished the magic classes. And I knew of Katarina, though I thought she had a rival of sorts in the MU. I suppose I didn't pay too much attention in SD though, it wasn't very exciting for me. And FE12 was never translated so I don't know too much about it beyond the MU returns.

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
Mage is always the class I pick as well. A bit disappointed they squished the magic classes. And I knew of Katarina, though I thought she had a rival of sorts in the MU. I suppose I didn't pay too much attention in SD though, it wasn't very exciting for me. And FE12 was never translated so I don't know too much about it beyond the MU returns.
It actually got a fan translation. The game fixes a lot of the problems with Shadow Dragon, most notably its complete lack of support conversations. I recommend it heavily.
Fire Emblem 12 Translation [HoS]: Complete translation patch released!

Hong

The Strongest
The remakes really were a shame. The fact I feel FE12 could have been much better speaks volumes for my feelings on FE11.

I find it strange that they would add some absolutely unheard of new functionality, but only few of the modern improvements on the series. I would not have been upset at all if they just kept Marth's story and the characters, but took more liberties in designing the product. The presentation didn't help, either. The music in FE11 was lacklustre, and in my opinion Masamune Shirow's interpretation of the characters was awful. What is more is the battle animations were just sort of weak; they should have taken inspirations from the GBA games.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I think that Robin, the tactician, the avatar, whatever...
Is not the best character to represent Awakening or Fire Emblem. Mostly because is a character based in individual and independent experiences of players, being a customizable character.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think that Robin, the tactician, the avatar, whatever...
Is not the best character to represent Awakening or Fire Emblem. Mostly because is a character based in individual and independent experiences of players, being a customizable character.
Could the same thing not be argued for the Villager? The Villager is also a character based in individual and independent experiences. Wouldn't Tom Nook have been the better choice for the Animal Crossing series if that were an issue?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Could the same thing not be argued for the Villager? The Villager is also a character based in individual and independent experiences. Wouldn't Tom Nook have been the better choice for the Animal Crossing series if that were an issue?
Tom Nook is not a playable character. Playable characters have priority over non-playable character. Thats what makes different the case of Tom Nook.

Top Bottom