• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
so i guess that would mean (in the smash universe anyway) that all the Nintendo characters come from the same planet? weird that they never bumped into eachother before and started some sort of freak civil war.....

Frogla

Smash Ace
so i guess that would mean (in the smash universe anyway) that all the Nintendo characters come from the same planet? weird that they never bumped into eachother before and started some sort of freak civil war.....
To an extent. We know Stafy and Wario from the game. Cameos from Kirby games lead us to see Mario series and in extension the Stafy series in the Kirby realm. We even see Bomberman connecting in the same way. Including these in the verse we have

The Samus series cameod in Mario RPG
Link in RPG
Falcon in RPG
Sonic in Olympics and Dk country.

Theres so many more. But hey this is a totally new world. In the charachters games they dont turn into trophies. This is a new world were representitives of the charachter meant, Like upper selves not the exact charachters.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
@frogla
also one of the most prominent cameos was Samus in Kirby's dreamland 3, she appeared at the end of a level (which had metroids all over it)

CKRikou

Smash Rookie
Perhaps you could think that the Nintendo Universe is disjointed from ours and contains planets (game worlds) which are all near each other? And there could be more than one earth to let Mario's background story still hold its validity.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Perhaps you could think that the Nintendo Universe is disjointed from ours and contains planets (game worlds) which are all near each other? And there could be more than one earth to let Mario's background story still hold its validity.
That's a cool idea. But you know, maybe it's still the little kid from Smash 64 who is doing all this. I really can't wait to see what the ending is like.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i kinda thought it was lame to have all the characters be dolls......and it would be such a slap to the face if SE was just the kid's dream...wow i don't even wanna think about that one O.o

Frogla

Smash Ace
Final Boss Battle

Epicness x1000 Mario was just killed in Last Boss fight. Screen is black. We then see a small child run to his mommy. MOMMY I JUST HAD A NIGHTMARE !! I think i wet myself too.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
So Sakurai just confirmed that most characters will be unlocked through the Subspace Emissary...awesome (most not all)

Frogla

Smash Ace
So Sakurai just confirmed that most characters will be unlocked through the Subspace Emissary...awesome (most not all)
Which quite strangeley i have been saying forever. But everyone was like, no that would be really dumb. But then when he said it, it was like cool. :cool:

gigasteve

Smash Ace
I've heard better adventure modes from a hot pockets commercial- wait, SSE is the best thing i've ever heard.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
.... ewww well i wonder if luigi will appear with the polterguiest 2000 and is at a haunted mansion. It would be funny for the SSE, him and pokemon trainer fighting ghosts. Leaving King Boo and Gengar as bosses at the end of the level

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
:D that would be sooo weird...
wasn't it the 3000?
or was that the extra vacuum...?
I'd like to see more Mother
Sorry if this came up earlier.
But I'm just not reading 150 pages = 2260 posts...
Anyway Mother was unbelievably popular in Japan, the country that Brawl is being created in...
So you fight Masked Man, who is a Lucas clone...
When he dies, Lucas comes out and joins you for some strange reason...
I just put that 'cause I can't imagine why you'd fight Lucas.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
:D that would be sooo weird...
wasn't it the 3000?
or was that the extra vacuum...?
I'd like to see more Mother
Sorry if this came up earlier.
But I'm just not reading 150 pages = 2260 posts...
Anyway Mother was unbelievably popular in Japan, the country that Brawl is being created in...
So you fight Masked Man, who is a Lucas clone...
When he dies, Lucas comes out and joins you for some strange reason...
I just put that 'cause I can't imagine why you'd fight Lucas.
What's with.
The sentences.
That are laid out like this..?
Huh?

Anyway,

Why do people think that you wont be able to play as Unlockables in the SE? We already know you can play as Sonic, so why do people still think that..?

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Hes probably unlocked THROUGH the SE, however Im positive thet characters nlocked outside of the SE will still be playable in it

Eg: You play Eveny Mode and unlock a character, you play through a certain part of SE, and this character joins in at previously normal part of the story, then playing as him can open up a whole new branch of the SE

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
So how exactly is this going to work, am I going to pick a character and play through with them like I did in Melee, or do I pick different paths as the game goes on starting with Mario and Kirby?

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, Im pretty sure that the levels branch off in many different paths. Otherwise you would be unlocking like 10-15 characters in one playthrough, which would be a little too much I think...

Since difficulty can be selected for each level (I believe), I dont think its a coincidence. Perhaps the story will change according to the difficulty cleared in certain levels. I can see third party characters joining the story after beating some of the toughest quests...

The Director

Smash Lord
If you notice, SSE doesn't take place in certain locations...the mushroom kingdom, hyrule, kanto, etc. It also doesn't take place in a world that is made up of them, either. It seems to take place in a world of neutrality.

Could that imply that this is Master Hand's world? Something like that? I like the fact that the locales are generic like that. 'Forest' 'Sky' 'Jungle' etc.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Im pretty sure that the levels branch off in many different paths. Otherwise you would be unlocking like 10-15 characters in one playthrough, which would be a little too much I think...

Since difficulty can be selected for each level (I believe), I dont think its a coincidence. Perhaps the story will change according to the difficulty cleared in certain levels. I can see third party characters joining the story after beating some of the toughest quests...
Maybe you'll get more of the story based on the difficulty you clear it with. Like, the higher the difficulty, the longer the game gets and the more complete the story becomes. I know there are some games that do this, I just can't remember which ones.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
It seems like this mode is going to take forever to complete( I think I remember reading somewhere here that Sakurai said it'll take up to 10 hours to complete).....Like does every decision you make alter whats going to happen next? He hasnt made an updat for subspace in a while.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I can see the difficulty making a differance, but it would probably be between Normal Hard and Very Hard, as INTENSE may be a little too intense for some, and therefore not a fair way to unlock characters (trophies maybe) and Very easy would definitely be two easy.

As for the plot branching out,...I say it over and over, but maybe I should go into more detail.

Okay from the start, you choose Mario and Kirby and fight the other. It would seem to me that this choice effects who gets blasted off into the sky. After this you have to choose between Princesses, which changes the plot and order of the levels even more. I also suspect that choosing whether to play DK or Diddy effects who meets up with Fox.

I also would like to explain my ideas on the multiple different teams.

From the stage selection screen, we see that there are different teams (only 2 each in that picture, but I believe there will be more) We know of three starting teams so far, Mario/Kirby and Princess, Mario/Kirby and Pit, and Diddy and DK. We know it starts from the stadium, but it would seem that reaching certain parts of the story unlocks more starting teams. After that the teams change based on changes in the story. So from all of this, its quite easy to see the story branching off in many different directions.

Coselm

Smash Ace
I hope it branches off into many different paths.

That would be very interesting.

And if it takes about 10 hours to complete, and you want to unlock every cgi movie(assuming you unlock them for viewing once you have seen them in SSE), it may take several runs through SSE to unlock everything.

Coselm

Smash Ace
If it takes 10 hours...

and it does have multiple branches....

Then you could be spending quite some time here...

But if its fun I'm sure no one will mind.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
True Enough, it still is interesting that he said most are unlocked through SSE, I think you know the "Challenger Approaching" might be, you knock them out of the trance of the Ancient Minister and then they join the game...i.e. Beat Dr. Mario get Dr. Mario

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Unless, of course, one playthrough takes 10 hours, like rumours have suggested.

The thing i find interesting about the people you unlock in the SSE is that Sakurai said that you unlock people who you fight. Interesting.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
So...if kirby isnt ublocked from the start, as some images are suggesting, you get him within the first, what, 5 minutes of gameplay?

Top Bottom