• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
It would be much better if they did something of the sort.

Just in between the Kirby/Mario Battle and the capture of Zelda you have these possible outcomes.

You have the first battle with Mario and Kirby.

Either Mario or Kirby wins, this means there are two possible cutscenes:
-Mario touching the Kirby trophy, and Kirby coming back to life.
or
-Kirby touching the Mario trophy and Mario coming back to life.

After this you get to choose Peach, Zelda, Kirby or Mario to fight the primids at the beggining.

Depending on how that works, you'll get either
-Mario or
-Kirby punched away.

After that you have other two possbilities,
-Fighting Petey Piranha with Mario or
-Kirby.

Then you have 4 possible cutscenes

-Mario gets Peach out of the cage, and you have the respective cutscene.
-Mario gets Zelda out of the cage and you get peach impaled by Wario dark arrow thing.
(Don't ask me how mario escapes being sucked into subspace. Pipe Maybe? Woudlnt' the world the pipe leads to also go into subspace?)
-Kirby gets Zelda out of her cage and later on you see kirby flying on his star with Zelda, trying to not be hit by the Halberd.
-Kirby gets Peach out of her cage and the cutscene is the one out there in the internet.

My God! I don't even want to go into scenes where Pit finds Kirby in the clouds isntead of Mario. The number of different cutscenes that they would have to make!!!

The thing that I worry about is that, there is literally hundreds of little cutscenes if they thought of doing this.
Is the team crazy enough to do that?
Because I haven't seen a game do this. To be SO determined by how you play.
they had to do A LOT of cutscenes for this if this is the way to play that they chose.
Iwata said it had unprecedented game depth so......:chuckle:

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Im not saying kirby isnt a starter, im just making a comment that even if he wasnt you could get him within minutes of turning the game on

The Director

Smash Lord
Im not saying kirby isnt a starter, im just making a comment that even if he wasnt you could get him within minutes of turning the game on
I'm sorry. There are just a lot of really stupid people on the internet and it pisses me off.

And here's a hole in your logic: aren't you able to choose between Mario or Kirby for the very first level of SSE?

And for all the other people who think Kirby's unlockable, here's PROOF why he isn't:

He's on the boxart of the game. (<--- All the proof you need.)

He was one of the characters in the first trailer.

He was one of the first characters to be given a bio on the Dojo.

He was a starter in Melee and 64.

He's Sakurai's little baby.

Ugh. End rant.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
The director is right, why have a character who was in the starting line up of 64 and melee now be unlockable? Makes no sense what so ever and all veterains will be starters.

Stryks

Smash Hero
FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT FREAKING SCREENSHOT OF THE ROSTER IS THE ONE USED IN THE DEMO, SAKURAI IS NO DUM **** AND WILL LEAK THE STARTING/THE ENTIRE ROSTER BY A SCREENSHOT...

god...

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well soon the starting roster will show up. All in due time, but the entire roster is just insane, come on why do that? it would ruin the whole excitement of playing brawl and finding out who is in.

The Director

Smash Lord
FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT FREAKING SCREENSHOT OF THE ROSTER IS THE ONE USED IN THE DEMO, SAKURAI IS NO DUM **** AND WILL LEAK THE STARTING/THE ENTIRE ROSTER BY A SCREENSHOT...
Very true. However, I am getting sick of Sakurai teasing so much...I'm sure it all has to do with his grand master plan, tho.

Back to subspace, (I'm sure this has been mentioned before at some point in this thread but I'm going to mention it anyway) has anybody listed Mario and Sonic as a team? There's clear subspace footage of Mario and Sonic fighting alongside one another in one level.

But one would think this would be a no-brainer.

And while I'm mentioning teams, Sonic and Snake would be a nifty team. So would Megaman and Samus. I dunno. Random teams are fun!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Something tells me the Teams will not be random...But the Snake & Samus team would work, maybe Bowser and DeDeDe would be a better combo though...

00Elf

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in the Yoshi/Link pairing we've seen in the screenshots, I hope we get an update on that plotline soon.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I just thought of this, so sorry if it's really random, but wouldn't it be cool if the stadium (where kirby and mario fight in the beginning of SSE) turned into final destination when was taken over by the subspace?

RedKnight

Smash Ace
We know Sonic and MArio will be on a team but the reason I dont list them is cuz we dont know WHEN they come together

The Director

Smash Lord
That Mario/Kirby fight stadium in the beginning would make a great stage for multiplayer. Simple and basic, no reason to complain. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai threw that in there. He said it himself, 'They really have thought of everything.'

AfroThunder396

Smash Cadet
Notice how they put lesser played characters with the more popular ones. Yoshi isn't very popular, but they paired him with Link. Not many people knew who Pit was, and he was paired with Mario. I wouldn't be surprised to see DK or Bowser at some point paired with Meta Knight or Sonic.

I think its a great idea to boost one characters popularity.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
who knows but we will hopefully see the yoshi and Link part of the subspace tomorrow. i would like to see how the two of them meet up with eachother. heres what i think will happen

Link is walking through a forest and looking for something to eat when he comes across the happy fruit tree from yoshi's story. yoshi is eating too and link asks yoshi for food. then some bad guy comes out of nowhere and takes the tree and runs off. Yoshi goes after them and link follows. the bad guys escae in meta knights ship and link and yoshi have to find a way over to them. just a guess.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
man,

reading that first bit makes me think of how the characters will react to each other.

although,

i was kinda hoping for a story as to WHY they were fighting...
rather than this.

still great though.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
man,

reading that first bit makes me think of how the characters will react to each other.

although,

i was kinda hoping for a story as to WHY they were fighting...
rather than this.

still great though.
Why do want to know about why they are fighting?

The go to the tournament to challenge each others for fun.

a story about that will be very boring.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
A story that will be boring...?
Come on now, Brawl has the stories of centuries of fables and the like to work off of.
It's laughable to say that SE won't have a good storyline.
I imagine that Claus and the Master sword will be large parts of the plot...
As they always have been.
Even if the storylines originally were thin, there are an infinitely large number of things you can do to make a great story.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Why do want to know about why they are fighting?

The go to the tournament to challenge each others for fun.

a story about that will be very boring.
Pretty stupid to say it will be boring based of a completely wrong assumption. Did you even see the rest of the SE videos?

Alert. You're starting to sound like a typical gamefaq member. Not Good.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
Someone mentioned the Arena Being the new FD at the end of the game, What if it starts as the normal stadium we see in the video, then the Subspace Army comes and plants the bomb, it goes off engulfing the stadium, and taking it into the space area FD was in, that would be cool

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Someone mentioned the Arena Being the new FD at the end of the game, What if it starts as the normal stadium we see in the video, then the Subspace Army comes and plants the bomb, it goes off engulfing the stadium, and taking it into the space area FD was in, that would be cool

I posted about that, and thats what I said.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd hurry up and give us that update on how to power yourself up against the subspace army. I'm honestly hoping for that more than a character update right now.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Wonder where the Halberd is headed
It's headed to the Subspace Base, which, in addition to it's awesome powers of rhyming, also has the ability to brainwash trophies and turn them into mindless drones.

ZOMG NO! Go Link! Ride Yoshi and save Princess Zelda...again!

Top Bottom