• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

The Director

Smash Lord
Hmm...I've often thought of how PT enters and moves through SSE.

I would think that in the cinematics, he would be center stage. Then when the levels come in, his trusty pocket monsters do the fighting for him.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I think that for cinematics he will appear with whatever Pokemon you were just playing as, and when he first appears he will probably be with none, all three, or just Squirtle since hes the first in the cycle

In all I think PT will be one of the most interesting characters in Brawl, hes definitely Top 5 Favorites material, though I can't decide between him and Sonic

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
ok well here is the list of locations and character that are playable that have appeared so far in the SSE:-
(First appeared in what area i mean)

The Stadium: Mario. Kirby, Zelda, Peach, Wario

Sky World: Pit

The Skys: Fox

Jungle: DK, Diddy Kong, Bowser

Next: ????

Lets just hope the DOJO shows us some NEW SSE cutscenes this week and not more controls or items (AT's i'll let slide)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I actually kinda want some new info abou Pokemon Trainer (ill just refer to him as Red from here on out)

Its been stated that we're curious about how Red moves around in SE and on a level like Jungle Japes (I hope he likes running) and I have also been wondering about how the Pokemons stamina works, as well as the other unannounced moves

A clip of how hes introduced in SE would be best of all

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Yeah he will probably fight Raqueza in the jungle and teams up with Fox and Diddy. Also Sonic is someone i what to know where he joins as well as King Dedede and Snake

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Ok, I need some info here

After listening to Youko's podcast and the rumor that it is 10 hours long (RUMOR< NOTHING CONFIRMED), I have to wonder: Are you forced to play every part of the storyline?

Meaning, you start as Mario/Kirby, then you somehow flash over to Dk/Diddy, then you go to Fox. Or, do you choose any storyline, OR do you have like 10 storylines to choose from?

I know no one came be sure, but anyone have any ideas?

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I think its all one storyline, judging by the SE footage from E4All. IT goes like this: cutscene, gameplay, cutscene, boss, gameplay, and so on. It will just show how everyone joins into the story and later on there will be fewer characers alone(I'm guessing) since they'll all probably end up on the same side.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
My guess is, you can choose whichever team you want, BUT you cannot continue the story with just one team. You must switch between teams until ALL the teams have gathered a full party. Once that happens you may proceed to the "Final Battle".

Otherwise...there are a lot of possibilities with these teams. We need more updates on SSE!

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
while Sakurai maintained a mysterious air in that update, breaking the rules always results in punishment, but the minister seems to be running a dictatorship... who knows. all I know is that Metaknight is MAD that the minister jacked his ship.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Since my speculation is the pwn let me go by this.

See how there is lots of different places, well its my opinion every team has a level in every stage. It may be a different looking level or it may not be. Either way the team will experience a different actions.
You can choose which team to play with and sometimes the teams may not go to the same next level since it will be linear but they will go over most of the same levels (not meeting eachother usaully, if they do meet they merge into 1 team)
Dont worry about the Staduim thats gone but lets say Skyworld we see Pits Descent and his fight and then he finds Mario and the level after that to me is skyworld. Now onto Kirby and Peach there part is the Halberd and the level once they fall.

Each team moves onto the next level once that leel is 100% complete. And you unlock a new team by getting all teams 100% on that level. e.g beat Kirby and Mario teams Skyworld level unlock DK Team story

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I wonder if that's bowser's castle in the mountains? Also what is that thing at the foot of the mountain (no the pool, the building thing). Also on the far right on the edge of the screenshot, that pool is where fox crashes and meets Diddy Kong

Frogla

Smash Ace
I wonder if that's bowser's castle in the mountains? Also what is that thing at the foot of the mountain (no the pool, the building thing). Also on the far right on the edge of the screenshot, that pool is where fox crashes and meets Diddy Kong
I hope that map grows

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure their World is called "Terra Firma". Got the name from the description in "Pit's descent"

"The invasion by the Subspace Army has engulfed terra firma in chaos. One angel watching the scene from the heavens receives an imperial order from the goddess Palutena and embarks on a journey."

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
but snake and sonic aren't Nintendo... its Earth. Their Earth is our Earth

Terra Firma is the stadium name. The stadium was swallowed into subspace

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
But see, the word "Terra" means "Earth, or land". That's how I figured it out.

Although...I'm not sure what "Firma" means...

Frogla

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure terra firma means something like heaven or something. Its not a name

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That we know of anyways, remember the FD in Melee left earth...So I wonder what it is now...as usual I will start out with classic (since it really is classic). But FD is usually the end result. My guess is that the Halberd could be abandoned in the end, for something a bit different...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
terra firma sounds almost exacly like "tierra firme" in spanish, which means firm earth/ground, sounds weird in english, but a different way to call it is "solid ground", so, there you have it :p

RedKnight

Smash Ace
While Im doubtful theyll go in space, ther may go in SubSpace or whereever the SUBSPACE army is from, and where ever the SUBSPACE bomb is sending engulfed areas

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I just thought of 2 new bosses,

1: Knuckles ~ he was tricked by Eggman to fight for the SSE, but beat him and he'll join your side (if he's playable that is)

2: Shadow the hedgehog ~ Fights for Eggman, defeat him and he'll just leave to think of the truth

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I just thought of 2 new bosses,

1: Knuckles ~ he was tricked by Eggman to fight for the SSE, but beat him and he'll join your side (if he's playable that is)

2: Shadow the hedgehog ~ Fights for Eggman, defeat him and he'll just leave to think of the truth
Dude, did you think of those on your own?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
This is a response to the whole Terra Firma isn't earth thing, Mario's job before he lived in mushroom kingdom (and Nintendo still keeps this story) was a plumber in Brooklyn.

Frogla

Smash Ace
This is a response to the whole Terra Firma isn't earth thing, Mario's job before he lived in mushroom kingdom (and Nintendo still keeps this story) was a plumber in Brooklyn.
But Kirbys home is Dreamland and not earth.

Im serious this is a whole new planet. If it was earth there would be no skyworld.

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I agree its just a new world of its own. The Smash Planet. Its like earth and Dreamland and the Mushroom Kingdom, etc. crammed into one. Perhaps the planet is very VERY large without any unusual effect on the gravity

P.S. I know im getting too technical

Top Bottom