• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
There will be a map of levels, so yes, and technicly Sakurai had no choice, its supposed to be 10 hours.

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
I wish they'd hurry up and give us that update on how to power yourself up against the subspace army. I'm honestly hoping for that more than a character update right now.
Yeah, that is the update I want the most right now. The way he said that it was going to be a way that we have never seen before has left me so curious.

The Director

Smash Lord
Not quite...the last subspace we got was Fox's Misfortune, and that was after DeDeDe. But true enough, it's been much too long since we got a subspace update. :ohwell:

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
Subspace is what we need right now, we might not have had a character update but he gave out A LOT more character updates than subspace updates. The subspace seems so mysterious...with so many characters it is hard to see how they fit together for example, Snake fitting in in the same story as Ice Climbers...Agh this is too confusing!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
When reading through, I see people saying that it can't be ten hours.Now that's debatable, but when they say it's because they can beat it in three hours because they're so pro, it makes me ask, "why?" I can understand maybe after you beat it and exhaust it maybe, but on your first few tries,doesn't it take the fun out just trying to speed through it? That's just my two cents though...

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
Snake's involvement will be hysterical.

Personally, I hope one of the badass characters will get paired with a cute pokemon.

:034:

Smash Hero
Had to dig through my old post. Here you go!

Hmmm...

There’s a method for powering yourself up as needed to do battle with the Subspace Army—a method that has not been seen before.
Hmm! Armor!

You gain Armor to power up yourself. The 'Gauntlets' for more strength in punching, 'Boots', perhaps, to increase running speed? Maybe a helmet and other stuff as well? Exciting.

The Director

Smash Lord
Hmm! Armor!

You gain Armor to power up yourself. The 'Gauntlets' for more strength in punching, 'Boots', perhaps, to increase running speed? Maybe a helmet and other stuff as well? Exciting.
That's a great idea! Have we figured out what Sakurai meant when he said 'powering up'? This certainly does seem like a way to make yourself powerful.

And don't just limit it to armor; maybe some of these add-ons have special powers? Like fire flower gauntlets or something? Super heavy boots for walking underwater or super light boots to maximum jumps? This certainly is interesting.

Discuss!!

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
didn't we discuss this AGES ago in this topic? Well a sum up the items will be power ups like in SA2B which either you find or you buy with the coins.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
that would be so cool if each character got completely different powerups (execpt for characters that belong to a series with other character, i.e. pokemon, mario)

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i don't really think Mario's FLUDD is a "powerup" its one of his moves. and i don't think that a character's powerups would effect anything outside of SSE

Kirbynator23

Smash Apprentice
I can't tell you, you might be a paid assasin.
New, non-playable enemy, replacement to the wireframes, deliverer of bad news (Like "Master Hand decided to flick all of you off his mantle"), the possibilities are endless.

All of this is in reference to the weird robot-ish thing, btw.

Story mode looks DEEP this time around.
lol just something I noticed.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
It's an ACTUAL story this time round, also it was said on the SMYN's podcast its will take about 10 hours (even though its a rumor,) it certainlly looks it don't you think

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I would STILL be able to complete it in one day.

You know of teh mindgames, I have teh TIMEGAMES, son!

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
I don't really CARE how long it is. As long as it's better than the Adventure mode in Melee (and you KNOW it is), than I shall play it until I've squeezed every last secret out of it. And I'll play it some more after that, just to watch the cool scenes. And I'll play it some more after that, just because it'll be FUN.

If I sounded creepy, that was my intent.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Hi 626key here, and I think that some of the sub space army may be simaler to creatures of the level, like that cloning guy is simaler to pokemon's voltorb/ electrode

RedKnight

Smash Ace
OOOOOO new update shows that you can erase Adventure Mode data...now why would you want to do that if all it was was a time or point record...this seems like proof to me that you will have a save file for SE, which you would probably need for a 10 hour story,...BUT maybe you can have multiple save files, it seems like this would be obvious if you could save your progress at all but its just not something you might think about much

Tigro

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been pointed out already (too lazy to skim through ~150 pages) but after watching the video introducing Sonic, I noticed he and Mario tackling some Subspace-like creatures at one point. Seeing as you can't necessarily choose *any* character you want at any given time in SSE, it looks as though Sonic is going to bump into Mario at some point in the story. ;-)

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
ALL of them will be in, well most of them anyway, according to Sakurai. Besides, every character should be in it, it is the story mode after all. And you unlock most characters via SSE as well.

Top Bottom