• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The White Witch, Lana casts herself into battle

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Apparently some people just assume she'd be a clone of Robin somehow. Ryu is in the same situation where people think he'd be a Little Mac clone somehow. I don't understand why people just jump to "they're going to be clone" argument instead of researching. Especially for two characters that can be easily researched on how a moveset would work.
Yeah that makes no sense how sum people think they would be just clones...
Same thing with Paper Mario thinking he would be clone, just cant wrap my head around why some people would really think this way unless they were just grasping at straws to make excuses not to have them in just becuz they dont personally like the character in question.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah that makes no sense how sum people think they would be just clones...
Same thing with Paper Mario thinking he would be clone, just cant wrap my head around why some people would really think this way unless they were just grasping at straws to make excuses not to have them in just becuz they dont personally like the character in question.
That or they know nothing about them and are just too lazy to even look up some footage of either one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently some people just assume she'd be a clone of Robin somehow. Ryu is in the same situation where people think he'd be a Little Mac clone somehow. I don't understand why people just jump to "they're going to be clone" argument instead of researching. Especially for two characters that can be easily researched on how a moveset would work.

I take it that these guys had never laid their hands on Hyrule Warriors before. I bet these are the same people who complain about how a "Kawaii Uguuu J-Pop Reject" doesn't deserve to be in the Zelda universe or Smash. The nerve of these fanboys. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

I just thought of something, someone should make a video for Lana potential and move set for smash

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Alright Zelda fans, let's play a little would you rather.

Would you rather have Lana in Smash as DLC, BUT her triforce of power makes her have Ganondorf's EXACT move set (but as a tiny girl) and Ganondorf is decloned into a brand new character based on Ganondorf, OR Lana is in Smash DLC, her move set is original, and Ganondorf stays the same.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Would you rather have Lana in Smash as DLC, BUT her triforce of power makes her have Ganondorf's EXACT move set (but as a tiny girl) and Ganondorf is decloned into a brand new character based on Ganondorf, OR Lana is in Smash DLC, her move set is original, and Ganondorf stays the same.
A fully unique Lana is excellent while Falcondorf staying intact is fine with me since I main him. I can't really imagine her pulling off Warlock Punch or Flame Choke since it would be "out of character" (Though I can easily see Cia doing all of that given she's a dark lord/mistress).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A fully unique Lana is excellent while Falcondorf staying intact is fine with me since I main him. I can't really imagine her pulling off Warlock Punch or Flame Choke since it would be "out of character" (Though I can easily see Cia doing all of that given she's a dark lord/mistress).
The second one wouldn't make the fans rage.

Way too boring option 1

I think i'd like option 2 better. Lana should be an unique character (preferably with the Deku Staff)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The second one wouldn't make the fans rage.

Way too boring option 1

I think i'd like option 2 better. Lana should be an unique character (preferably with the Deku Staff)
Yes, the staff is a must for her and she needs to yell "Sore!" with ever single swing. And who wouldn't want to see more of those adorable little Deku Tree Sprouts in another game? :troll:

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Lana with Ganondorf's moveset? That's certainly an odd image

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it would be far too strange for her. But Cia with his moveset makes sense if you had played through the game's entire story mode. :troll:
Cia makes more sense, but then I'd still want Lana as an alt skin anyway. Plus, nowhere near as funny to being awesome. Being a tiny girl (I think even smaller than Zelda/Sheik) doing a warlock punch with that kind of power seems like it would be awesome to me. Or at least make every already overly satisfying slow move of Ganondorf's feel way more overly satisfying.

I guess I'll just really hope for a Cia alt skin for Ganondorf. That would still give me exactly what I want. Just for the final Smash, instead of transforming to Beast Ganon, have her summon Beast Ganon and take a quick step back to the pokemon trainer's theoretical layer of smash reality.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Just for the sake of reviving this page, I'll ask you guys what you think of this moveset. Since you can't really tell what's the intention with still images, then I'll put the artist's explanation in a spoiler so it makes sense.

Name: Lana

Universe: Legend of Zelda

Entrance: Lana lands onstage and opens her spell book. A couple magic orbs fly into the book and she closes it, ready to battle.

B- Spell Dash- Lana performs a large sprint kick attack forward. The tip of her shoes let off an aura of light magic as she propels herself forward, if she makes contact with an opponent Lana kicks them away from herself. This magic kick deals 6% DMG and pushes opponents away like F.L.U.D.D. However, the main function of the spell kick is to set off magic traps. Each of Lana’s other special moves leave behind some form of magic barrier once the move is finished, if Lana performs a spell dash into one of these barriers, the barrier will let off a decent sized lightning explosion, depending on which barrier is hit.

Side B- Magic Dice- Lana performs a small flip into the air, and under herself she summons a magic block of electricity to appear. The block is about as tall as regular Link, and after summoning it Lana jumps on top of it. Lana can move left or right with the block in an attempt to capture opponents, the block moves slowly (about as fast as Ganondorf’s walk) but deals 8% DMG every time it rolls forward a step. Lana can jump off the block at any time, and if she is knocked off the block by an attack the block will disappear. If Lana jumps off herself, the block stays in effect for 4 seconds. While it is on the field, Lana can use a spell dash into it. Once she spell dashes into the dice, she summons a lightning orb to strike the dice, causing it to explode in an electric explosion. This explosion deals electric DMG and great DMG/knockback.

Up B- Light Wall- Lana creates 3 magic barriers above her, each slightly diagonally above the other, about the height of Sonic’s peak up special height. After summoning them, she leaps gracefully between them, then jumps out. After reaching her peak height, she can use only B as she falls to the ground. These walls can also be used by opponents with wall jumping abilities, however Lana can use a spell dash to destroy these walls at any time and to deal an electric explosion.

Down B- Magic Trap- Lana casts a spell right in front of herself, which summons a small magic box. This box is electrified, and has a slight gravitational pull effect to it so if an opponent is standing nearby they will be pulled into the trap. This trap lasts about as long as Ness’ PK fire, and can deal a string of electric DMG to opponents who get caught in the trap. Like the other specials, she can also magic dash into it to make it explode with an electric explosion.

Final Smash- Summoning Gate- Lana takes out her summoning gate weapon and summons a gigantic Cucco! This Cucco appears out of the gate and lets out a loud squack before flying forward quickly, rushing offstage and dragging any opponents with it. Works very much like Ganondorf’s final smash, but it is slightly bigger. After the Cucco flies offstage, Lana is scene knocked over on the ground from when it emerged. She lets out a nervous giggle and gets back into the fight.

Taunt 1- Lana takes out the Deku Staff and leans against it, while giggling.

Taunt 2- Lana flips through the pages of her spell book while humming the overworld theme of Legend of Zelda.

Taunt 3- Lana looks at the camera and gives it a wink and a kawaii peace finger pose.

Defeat Pose- Lana claps for the winner with a scowl on her face.

Victory Pose 1- Lana dances to the theme of the overworld music from The Legend of Zelda.

Victory Pose 2- Lana holds her sorcery book as orbs of blue energy circle her. They get sucked up into the book, and Lana smiles at the camera as she closes the book.

Victory Pose 3- Two Deku Sprouts dance around Lana as she hums a Zelda theme.

Alt Costumes-

Basic Gear

Red Hair, Red Robes (Volga Themed)

Blue Hair, Green Robes (Link Themed)

Black Robes (Cia Themed)

Blackish/Purple Robes, Purple Hair (Wizzro Themed)

Yellow Robes, Blonde Hair

Pink Robes, Blonde Hair (Zelda Themed)

Guardian of Time Costume

Kirby Hat- Kirby gets a copy of Lana’s hair.

Trophies Assosiated with Hyrule Warriors:

Lana

Lana Alt. (Wii U: Guardian of Time outfit with the Deku Staff)

Lana Alt. (3DS: Lana is giving a peace finger pose in her green outfit)

Summoning Gate (Final Smash)

Cia

Cia Unmasked

Volga

Wizzro

Link (Hyrule Warriors)

Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)

Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)

D

Deleted member

Just for the sake of reviving this page, I'll ask you guys what you think of this moveset. Since you can't really tell what's the intention with still images, then I'll put the artist's explanation in a spoiler so it makes sense.

Name: Lana

Universe: Legend of Zelda

Entrance: Lana lands onstage and opens her spell book. A couple magic orbs fly into the book and she closes it, ready to battle.

B- Spell Dash- Lana performs a large sprint kick attack forward. The tip of her shoes let off an aura of light magic as she propels herself forward, if she makes contact with an opponent Lana kicks them away from herself. This magic kick deals 6% DMG and pushes opponents away like F.L.U.D.D. However, the main function of the spell kick is to set off magic traps. Each of Lana’s other special moves leave behind some form of magic barrier once the move is finished, if Lana performs a spell dash into one of these barriers, the barrier will let off a decent sized lightning explosion, depending on which barrier is hit.

Side B- Magic Dice- Lana performs a small flip into the air, and under herself she summons a magic block of electricity to appear. The block is about as tall as regular Link, and after summoning it Lana jumps on top of it. Lana can move left or right with the block in an attempt to capture opponents, the block moves slowly (about as fast as Ganondorf’s walk) but deals 8% DMG every time it rolls forward a step. Lana can jump off the block at any time, and if she is knocked off the block by an attack the block will disappear. If Lana jumps off herself, the block stays in effect for 4 seconds. While it is on the field, Lana can use a spell dash into it. Once she spell dashes into the dice, she summons a lightning orb to strike the dice, causing it to explode in an electric explosion. This explosion deals electric DMG and great DMG/knockback.

Up B- Light Wall- Lana creates 3 magic barriers above her, each slightly diagonally above the other, about the height of Sonic’s peak up special height. After summoning them, she leaps gracefully between them, then jumps out. After reaching her peak height, she can use only B as she falls to the ground. These walls can also be used by opponents with wall jumping abilities, however Lana can use a spell dash to destroy these walls at any time and to deal an electric explosion.

Down B- Magic Trap- Lana casts a spell right in front of herself, which summons a small magic box. This box is electrified, and has a slight gravitational pull effect to it so if an opponent is standing nearby they will be pulled into the trap. This trap lasts about as long as Ness’ PK fire, and can deal a string of electric DMG to opponents who get caught in the trap. Like the other specials, she can also magic dash into it to make it explode with an electric explosion.

Final Smash- Summoning Gate- Lana takes out her summoning gate weapon and summons a gigantic Cucco! This Cucco appears out of the gate and lets out a loud squack before flying forward quickly, rushing offstage and dragging any opponents with it. Works very much like Ganondorf’s final smash, but it is slightly bigger. After the Cucco flies offstage, Lana is scene knocked over on the ground from when it emerged. She lets out a nervous giggle and gets back into the fight.

Taunt 1- Lana takes out the Deku Staff and leans against it, while giggling.

Taunt 2- Lana flips through the pages of her spell book while humming the overworld theme of Legend of Zelda.

Taunt 3- Lana looks at the camera and gives it a wink and a kawaii peace finger pose.

Defeat Pose- Lana claps for the winner with a scowl on her face.

Victory Pose 1- Lana dances to the theme of the overworld music from The Legend of Zelda.

Victory Pose 2- Lana holds her sorcery book as orbs of blue energy circle her. They get sucked up into the book, and Lana smiles at the camera as she closes the book.

Victory Pose 3- Two Deku Sprouts dance around Lana as she hums a Zelda theme.

Alt Costumes-

Basic Gear

Red Hair, Red Robes (Volga Themed)

Blue Hair, Green Robes (Link Themed)

Black Robes (Cia Themed)

Blackish/Purple Robes, Purple Hair (Wizzro Themed)

Yellow Robes, Blonde Hair

Pink Robes, Blonde Hair (Zelda Themed)

Guardian of Time Costume

Kirby Hat- Kirby gets a copy of Lana’s hair.

Trophies Assosiated with Hyrule Warriors:

Lana

Lana Alt. (Wii U: Guardian of Time outfit with the Deku Staff)

Lana Alt. (3DS: Lana is giving a peace finger pose in her green outfit)

Summoning Gate (Final Smash)

Cia

Cia Unmasked

Volga

Wizzro

Link (Hyrule Warriors)

Zelda (Hyrule Warriors)

Ganondorf (Hyrule Warriors)
While i like how she is mostly using water base attack like the game, I feel she should incorporate other items to her move, up b should be the portal for herself. I do like how her final smash is the cucco thou. The for reviving this thread, I might make a move set out ta her soon.

D

Deleted member

With hyrule warriors 3d leaked early, this might be good for Lana, and improves her chances.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With hyrule warriors 3d leaked early, this might be good for Lana, and improves her chances.
And the game was officially revealed alongside that new Zelda title. For me, it was one of the best parts of the direct if we ignore the other disappointing aspects of the Digital Event. We also got ourselves a new update in the form of a Classic Link costume.

Though we have one little problem that could get in Lana's way. She started to become a bit less prevalent in the trailer itself and on the final splash title for the game. Meanwhile, there's the possibility that we might have Linkle revived for this game and we all know what type of buzz that a Female Link can cause. But like you said, a new updated release alone should be enough to spread awareness of Lana in Hyrule Warriors.

Last edited:

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
I am sure that we should remember that there is a video that showcases all move sets with three weapons

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lana's going to rated in the Rate Their Chances thread tomorrow evening. So we might as well be prepared for the lower than expected scores since Tecmo supposedly would have to be involved for the rights of the character (or anything else Hyrule Warriors related).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I wanna revive this thread, so what's a better way than with a moveset idea!

"A full moveset!"

But anyways, Lana has a lot of potential.
Maybe even too much, as I found it hard to make a full moveset or even specials involving all weapons.
Hyrule Warriors has a lot of attacks in one weapon, after all.

And the latter got me thinking, why don't I just use the Warriors-system?

So now I have this nice gimmick:

Lana's Jab is a six-part combo.
Inputted normally, it's a decent jab.
But you can use Neutral B (The Book of Sorcery) at any part of the combo to let it finish with a different attack depending on where you input Neutral B.

This can be combined with a "Jab-less" Neutral B, which creates up to three blocks.
If you do the Jabbed Neutral B on top these blocks, you affect the blocks with the attacks by moving them, turning them into cubes or electrocuting them.

Normally these attacks are performed with blocks that dissappear after they're used, but not when done on the Jabless Neutral B created blocks.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wanna revive this thread, so what's a better way than with a moveset idea!

"A full moveset!"

But anyways, Lana has a lot of potential.
Maybe even too much, as I found it hard to make a full moveset or even specials involving all weapons.
Hyrule Warriors has a lot of attacks in one weapon, after all.

And the latter got me thinking, why don't I just use the Warriors-system?

So now I have this nice gimmick:

Lana's Jab is a six-part combo.
Inputted normally, it's a decent jab.
But you can use Neutral B (The Book of Sorcery) at any part of the combo to let it finish with a different attack depending on where you input Neutral B.

This can be combined with a "Jab-less" Neutral B, which creates up to three blocks.
If you do the Jabbed Neutral B on top these blocks, you affect the blocks with the attacks by moving them, turning them into cubes or electrocuting them.

Normally these attacks are performed with blocks that dissappear after they're used, but not when done on the Jabless Neutral B created blocks.
I think going with the Warriors system for Lana would be a great way of making her that token "Wariors rep" in Smash and unique. If Ryu can have his Street Fighter inputs, then why not Lana having her combo system from Hyrule Warriors.

The first part of what you have so far reminds me of my few favorite combos with the Book of Sorcery, minus the part where she jumps all over them. That can easily make up for a great keep away tactic when dealing with your average spam happy Ryu or Diddy.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Lana has great moveset potential and she's great for representing the unexpectedly successful Hyrule Warriors. Like Azure Warrior mentioned, she can bring Hyrule Warriors' combo system with her as well as her alt color costumes and maybe even...the Skull Kid costume as well for ultimate :troll: ing.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Lana has great moveset potential and she's great for representing the unexpectedly successful Hyrule Warriors. Like Azure Warrior mentioned, she can bring Hyrule Warriors' combo system with her as well as her alt color costumes and maybe even...the Skull Kid costume as well for ultimate :troll: ing.
Wanted Skull Kid?
SOREEEEEEE! You get Lana.

LiX

Smash Rookie
Also supporting Lana here. Add me in.
She is very high on the list of the characters with the most "unique moveset-potential"!

Bope

Smash Rookie
I'm 10000000% for this and support this fully. I'm already in the middle of trying to mod her into Project M :p

@Neo Zero it would be an honor and a privilege to be on the support list.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that I think of it, that Lana's hype and popularity sort of died by time Smash came out and even more so when the ballot was announced. If I look at the earlier pages, she had plenty of interest based on her abilities and the fact that she represents a new Zelda spinoff. Then that all died as the months went on and her divisiveness in the Zelda fandom ("LOL The J-Pop ***** doesn't belong in the Zelda universe") doesn't help.

Top Bottom