• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The White Witch, Lana casts herself into battle

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I support! She would be an awesome smash bros character.

Amazing Thread Adam.
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Lana's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Judging by how she fights in Hyrule Warriors, I'll say Ranger, with a little bit of Speedster.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Haha, while Lana is potentially a top-tier waifu for some, I doubt she has a chance of being in smash despite an interesting moveset regarding barriers and dekus. I would gladly welcome her inclusion if she got in though.

At the very least, people can enjoy playing as her in Hyrule Warriors and hope she maintains prominence in future titles unlike other 1-off characters.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Haha, while Lana is potentially a top-tier waifu for some, I doubt she has a chance of being in smash despite an interesting moveset regarding barriers and dekus. I would gladly welcome her inclusion if she got in though.

At the very least, people can enjoy playing as her in Hyrule Warriors and hope she maintains prominence in future titles unlike other 1-off characters.
Hopefully, she'll be a DLC character.

Also, I feel as if she will be in future Zelda Titles, like Zelda Wii U. She seems to be the only original Character, so hopefully she'd help Link in the next future canon Zelda Titles. If so, #Lana4Sm5sh! (Because I don't think that they would make an original character just for a spin-off, she will appear again in the future...soon).

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Honestly, she's so perky that I find it scary. I really don't think she belongs in Smash, either. She looks interesting enough, but an actual Zelda character should get in before a spin-off character in my book.

I do like the weapons she wields and look forward to using her in Hyrule Warriors. I just think that's where she belongs.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Honestly, she's so perky that I find it scary. I really don't think she belongs in Smash, either. She looks interesting enough, but an actual Zelda character should get in before a spin-off character in my book.

I do like the weapons she wields and look forward to using her in Hyrule Warriors. I just think that's where she belongs.
It could be the Start of her FUTURE. I still believe that she'll appear in Zelda Wii U.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, she was very unlikely and now with Robin in the roster she has like 0,1% chances XD
But who cares?!
I really like the design, attacks and personality of Lana, I support! :D

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hopefully, she'll be a DLC character.

Also, I feel as if she will be in future Zelda Titles, like Zelda Wii U. She seems to be the only original Character, so hopefully she'd help Link in the next future canon Zelda Titles. If so, #Lana4Sm5sh! (Because I don't think that they would make an original character just for a spin-off, she will appear again in the future...soon).
Cia, Wizro, and Valga says hi! Just saying that she's not the only original character in the game. :p

I think that a character needs to be well revived in order to be added in future titles and she does have some pretty mixed opinions about her. Though Cia obviously has much more hate going for her since she doesn't hit the "Nintendo image" of being family friendly. Another thing to think about is that what if Aonuma were to not think such characters aren't interesting enough to be a part of the actual Zelda canon? There was Metroid: Other M with original characters like Anthony Higgs and we all know how that turned out. Either way, I'll actually enjoy these characters based on their play style and role in the game's plot when I actually buy it.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Cia, Wizro, and Valga says hi! Just saying that she's not the only original character in the game. :p

I think that a character needs to be well revived in order to be added in future titles and she does have some pretty mixed opinions about her. Though Cia obviously has much more hate going for her since she doesn't hit the "Nintendo image" of being family friendly. Another thing to think about is that what if Aonuma were to not think such characters aren't interesting enough to be a part of the actual Zelda canon? There was Metroid: Other M with original characters like Anthony Higgs and we all know how that turned out. Either way, I'll actually enjoy these characters based on their play style and role in the game's plot when I actually buy it.
Although wizro and valga are quite obviously inspired by other zelda characters

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
What is it that i want only characters in Smash that are so unlikely? Eh whatever....

Lana is one of the main reasons im looking foward to Hyrule Warriors....i dont know what it is..shes just
so adorable. ^^

I support her!

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
"There might not be DLC, there might be-"

For the Love of Nayru, please add me to a supporter, purely as a DLC character to promote her image. Oh Din, she got into my kokoro so quick! I'll post my own moveset tomorrow after I analyse her gameplay of the Deku Staff.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Here’s my moveset for Lana!
Edit: THIS IS PURELY FAN SPECULATION ON WHAT SHE WOULD BE LIKE
EDIT 2: New Up- B based on her new weapon from the direct!
CUSTOM MOVES COME ANOTHER TIME

Legend:

HW- Hyrule Warriors

BoS- Book Of Sorcery

DKUS- Deku Staff

Lana, The White Witch

Lana’s playstyle revolves around stunning speed and dangerous setup moves along with lightning-quick jabs, smashes and tilts. This moveset derives from information and gameplay from her character trailers, the NicoNico stream and her possible relation to Nayru/Lanayru.

Jab: A wide ranged, quick, speedy flurry of Lana waving her hand about creating magic and scattering pages from her BoS with her hands. Each jab has a slight cooldown but has decent knockback and amazing range to make up for it. Finisher jab is her extending her arm that’s not holding the BoS and powerfully jabbing the air. Each jab does 3% and finisher does 4%. It’s used as an activation move for some specials as well.

See; Lana’s normal attacks in HW with BoS

Tilts:

Utilt: Vaults her body up into the air with her Deku Staff. 5%

See; Fox’s Utilt

Dtilt: Creates a magic glass wall with the BoS while crouching. Has defensive, reflector properties. 3%

See: BoS trailer for Lana, Pit’s down-B

F-tilt: Spins her DKUS around her body to whack the opponent. Large forward range and bad knockback so it can be comboed/canceled into other moves and a small reverse range that deals a lot of knockback. 4% forward, 2% back

See; DKUS trailer for Lana, HW DKUS normal attacks

Specials:

B- Sorcerer’s Blast

Creates a ball of blue magic with her BoS while floating into the air while creating it. Charging it up results in a bigger ball. Hitstun is tremendous.

It’s different from other projectile specials as she slams it onto the ground creating a shockwave which power is determined by the time spent charging it up. It can be used off the ledge or in the air for a fantastic meteor smash at high percentage. Opponents can be caught and stuck in the charging ball just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere. It cannot be carried around though like Samus and Lucario’s B specials.

Charge for 0 secs: 7%/ shockwave 3%

Charge for 1 sec: 8%/ Shockwave 4%

Charge for 2 sec: 10%/ shockwave 6%

Charge for 3 sec: 12%/ shockwave 9%

Charge to max: 17%/ Shockwave 12%

Caught in charging ball: 4% damage x secs inside ball

Side B- Wisdom Walls

Another charge move. Creates a glass wall that can become a certain shape after a determined time of charge. Easily her most complex move. Each shape has 2-3 properties.

No charging results in a standard glass wall as tall as Wii Fit Trainer.

She can push the wall to nearly same effect as Isaac’s AT attack but fades away after 2 seconds. Or she can use her normal B move to shatter it for damage. She can even bounce off it with her jumps.

1 second makes the same standard wall but each attack effect does 2% more damage.

2 second make the same standard wall again but each attack effect does 4% more.

3 seconds of charging makes a giant cube the size of Rosalina.
She can’t push it, but she can jump on it and you can press down to make her jump continuously moving it around the stage it flattening opponents that stand in her path.

That effect lasts 1 second before shattering the cube. The second effect is that you can hit it with your B and shatter it for significantly greater damage.

4 seconds boosts the time spent using the moving effect of her BoS cube by 2 seconds.

5 seconds of charging summons two glass walls at the side, but with intricate designs on them. They are vastly improved and have vastly different uses than of one wall. The first effect is that if you jab the wall, it moves very slightly. It’s only the jab that moves it. The next effect is that you yet again use her neutral B on the wall the Sorcerer’s Blast turns a menacing red and doesn’t shatter the glass wall, but bounces off it. If it bounces off the other wall, it turns a brilliant turquoise and then after the next bounce it turns blue again and then after the next bounce the cycle repeats. The purpose of this is to ramp up the damage by bouncing it off and then setting it up to deal absolutely tremendous devastation to an opponent if you set it up correctly. The colour doesn’t affect the attack. The final effect is that you can use your aerial attacks on them to turn them into devastating leaps that stun opponents and set them up for a good Smash attack. The walls disappear after 10 seconds in the game.

Glass Wall Shatter attack: 8% (high knockback)

Glass Wall pushing attack: 2% repeatedly

Glass Cube rolling attack: 5% repeatedly

Glass Cube shatter attack: 13% (huge knockback)

Twin Glass Wall bouncing attack: 1% + midair stun for 3 seconds

Twin Glass Wall Sorcerer’s Blast: Charge percentage with 4% added each time it bounces

Twin Glass Wall pushing attack: 1%

See; Lana and the BoS trailer

This is Lana’s schtick; Combining use of her complex glass wall system and using it with her Sorcerer’s Blast to make setups so amazingly strong, Lana players that practice constantly and learn her intricate move designs are rewarded with an otherwise invincible character. She’s cripplingly weak in the hands of a new, casual player but when put into the hands of seasoned veterans that have learned her tricks, she’s a mean, blue, serial killer.

Down B- Deku Sprout Wrath

Forgive me if they’re not Deku Tree Sprout, but this is an odd move from her DKUS trailer.

Lana summons a Deku Tree Sprout from the ground that acts as a turret. It’s inactive until Lana jabs it. Once she does jab it, the Deku Tree Sprout starts spewing seeds that deal 1% damage for 3 seconds. If you use a Side Smash on them, they will start bouncing around. If they land on an unlucky opponent they’ll knock them on the ground and stun them for 1 second. They can meteor smash opponents as well if they end up falling off the edge. (along with an adorable falling animation). They stop moving after a short period. They go back into the ground if an opponent deals enough damage to them. Yes, Deku Tree Sprouts have a set amount of damage they can take. About 12% will take them out.
See; Lana and a Spear trailer

Deku Bounce: 5% + giant stun

Up B- Summoning Gate

Lana summons a blue portal above her. You can throw other characters into it to trap them away and then control where you drop them. It has the same range as Sheik's UP B although if you charge it for just a little it can go as far as Zelda's and it becomes bigger. You can also make Lana go into it to Recover, of course. She backflips into it and comes out of it with a jab if you do put her into it. It's a fun trap move and also an okay recovery. It can also transport items, assist trophies and projectiles.
Teleportation Punch- 11%
Teleportation Throw- 2%
See; Hyrule Warriors Direct

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Lana swiftly summons the DKUS to do a quick spin with it then forcefully thrust it in front of her as hard as she can. Has high range and is a good spacing move. Doesn’t do a lot of damage, but can KO over 120%. Green energies surround the DKUS during the thrust animation. Has startup animation. It does 8% without charge.

Dsmash: Lana summons the DKUS again and thrusts it on the ground. She summons the power of Nayru and ice stalagmites come up from a magic circle on the ground very powerfully. It can be used as a very good, dependent air launcher. It has medium range and surrounds her. Both sides without charge do 10%. It KO’s at around 90%.

Usmash: Lana opens her BoS above her. Suddenly, pages from the book start twirling around her in a mini storm that traps opponents and deals good damage to them but doesn’t knock them far. It doesn’t KO opponents, but it can be used as a setup to an aerial chase, or to just deal good amounts of damage. It’s her only reliable damage-dealing A move other than her Uair. It does 7% repeatedly for 6 seconds. Has no cooldown, but it weakens if you use it constantly, soon doing no damage. Her BoS isn’t actually infinite, you know? You need to not use it to charge it up after you use it.

Aerial Attacks:

Uair: Lana takes out her DKUS yet again to summon twin water spheres that spin Sonic-fast above her. It’s her second best damage dealer. It can be used as a reliable combo move to cancel into other aerials or just generally stall the opponent and keep them in the air. It does 4% repeatedly for 1 second and can cancel into a lot of moves.

Nair: An aerial version of her Jab and also can activate some of her specials as well. The only notable difference is that she jabs all around herself. Does 5%.

Fair/Dair: Nayru’s Love is the inspiration for this move, but is used differently. Lana summons many tiny crystals, which look like the Nayru’s Love crystal that surrounds Zelda, and sends them in the direction she’s facing in the air. They travel for 3 seconds before disappearing and do 5% and has good stun.

Dair: An aerial version of Sorcerer’s Blast. It doesn’t Meteor smash, but it does great damage. Does 8%.

Grabs:
Lana waves her hand in front of her mesmerisingly to grab opponents. Large range. When an opponent is grabbed Lana traps them in a glass cube.

Pummel: Lana uses the walls of the glass cube to squeeze the opponent inside. Does 6%.

Fthrow: Lana takes out the DKUS and smashes the cube in half while also smashing the opponent away. Her most reliable kill move that can KO at medium percentages. Does 9%.

Uthrow: Lana throws the cube upwards and then takes the DKUS out and suddenly leaps into the air leaving trails of pages behind her and smashes the cube in the air and lands on the ground gracefully. An amazing looking move of epic proportions, comparable to Ike's FS. It does a lot of damage but doesn't have any knockback or stun so retaliation is imminent if you try to go up again to use some aerial moves. It does 14%. A guaranteed KO when under the effect of FS Idea no. 2.

Dthrow: Lana uses a Sorcerer's Blast to shatter the Cube. Very generic move and knocks the enemy very far.
Does 5% damage. When used on a ledge it's a guaranteed Meteor Smash.

Final Smash Idea 1: Kaleidoscope
This move is kind of a cool one. Lana floats in the air surrounded by her books, then covers the whole background in glass like a Kaleidoscope. Images of Nayru, Lana, the Triforce and other symbolic stuff are displayed on the background and the screen cuts to Nayru looking into the stage, now a giant glass ball with a kaleidoscope design and Nayru then blasts into the glass ball with all her energies. The screen cuts into the stage where giant beams of cyan light are coming from the ground and blasting the opponents doing 20% and KO'ing characters with high percentage. Lana can control their trajectory by placing Wisdom walls to reflect them onto certain opponents. Lana is invincible during this period.

Final Smash Idea 2: Din, Farore, Nayru
Lana yells a loud battle cry and the three Great Fairies are shown in the background. Then three spheres of energy surround Lana; one of green wind of leaves, one of great fire and rocks and one of water and pages. She then absorbs these gifts of power from the Great Fairies and then gains +35% to all her attacks and temporary invincibility. You can control Lana after this. It lasts for 25 second before it ends. The Great Fairies also help by randomly launching beams of their respective element. Din can diagonally launch a pillar of magma, Farore can summon a beam of wind and grass blades horizontally and Nayru can launch a blast of water.
Cosmetic changes involve Lana's Wisdom Walls turning red, her Sorcerer's blast becoming green and her jabs becoming dark blue.

Misc:

Idle animations: After 6 seconds, Lana crosses her arms and sulks. It’s cuter than you think. After 10 seconds, she plays with Navi. After 20 seconds, she sits on the ground and falls asleep. After 30 seconds, she gets up and reads her BoS. Then after 6 seconds she repeats the cycle again.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Lana surrounds herself in a pillar of water, eyes glowing, with pages flying aloft. She then smiles after.

Side Taunt: She hums the LoZ theme while jogging on the spot and then jumps up and claps her arms happily after.

Down Taunt: She puts her fingers into a “peace” or “kawaii” position and smiles at the camera.

Sound Effects:

A- HA A HA A HA! WAAAHHH! SOREH! SEI-NO! YEAH! TAH! SEI-NO! HAAAA! DAAAAHH!

Dash Animation: Lana runs very fast, flailing her arms.
See: End of Hyrule Warriors Features trailer.

Jumping animation: Jumps into the air with one leg folded and one arm in the air preparing to strike.

Screen KO: Lana falls into the screen, her nose pressed into the screen with a pained expression, pages from her BoS flattened onto the screen, her eyes closed and her DKUS broken into half falling behind her.

Victory Animation:
1. Floats into the air with her BoS in one hand and her DKUS in the other. Eyes glowing white and pages from her book flying in the air behind her.
2. LoZ main theme plays and Lana cutely hums it as it plays and at the last note, a Cuckoo hits her head and she falls over and she yells.
3. Silently reads her BoS while her DKUS leans against her and Deku Sprouts watch her read and cutely do stuff like talk in the background.

Victory Theme: The theme from the "Lana And A Spear" HW trailer.

If you didn't read that all, here's the Pros and Cons of my fan-made moveset:

+ Lana is absolutely incredible. She has the most complex set of moves in the roster but each of them serves a purpose and is usable and strong.

+ Once players learn her tricks and start using her for complex zoning and combo techniques, the game balance is over. She's an unstoppable killing machine greater than MK that can mow down any character weak or good with the right person.

+ Ground game is nice.

+ A cute, unique character.

- As light as Jigglypuff. She can be KO'ed so easily it's a problem. That is, if somebody manages to catch her first behind all those glass walls and chaotic setup gameplay.

- Too complex for many. It takes way too much effort to remember all of her special effects. She's not for everyone.

I hope you like it!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why do I get the bad feeling that Sakurai has his eye on the game EVEN after it was just announced? O_O

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is she owned by nintendo or by tecmo koei?
She's still a Nintendo character regardless due to the fact that the game's published by them. Just like how we have a Pyrosphere stage and Other M was developed by the same company (Team Ninja).

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Did you all see her new weapon in the HW direct?
The Summoning Gate!
It's recovery material.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Her Final Smash uses the summoning gate to unleash an entire horde of Cuccos!

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Well, here's the Custom Movesets and some things I forgot to throw into my Lana move set.
I'm very passionate about Lana as a DLC character if they happen, even though I know DLC characters won't happen.
She is truly an extremely unique character with traits never seen in any other character.

Dodges, Rolls and Blocks
Shield: Lana's shield is the Nayru's Love crystal with the properties of a shield. Perfect Shields are easier to attempt with this shield. Because of this, she can barely hold it up for long.

Roll: Lana holds up the Deku Shield and sidesteps quickly either to the left or right.

Air Dodge: Lana flails in the air trying to avoid attacks.

Shield Stun animation: Lana is moving around dazed and confused, with Fairies flying above her hair and Na'vi shouting "Hey! Listen!" as a reference to the Fairies of LoZ.
[:spoiler]

Custom Moves:

Up B:
Summoning Gate
and
Deku Leaf
(old up B idea, changed after Hyrule Warriors direct)
Cuckoo Flight

Deku Leaf: Lana leaps a tiny distance and turns her Deku Staff into a Deku Leaf. It's an gliding move that doesn't go too far on the initial startup of the move but it can work as a good recovery. What it's really used for is to utterly wreck gimpers and characters going in the air in the pursuit of Lana. After using it at first, the player has two options until Lana drops off the leaf.

Lana can flip the Deku Leaf and herself in the air to attack opponents for 5% if you press A during Deku Leaf's glide. It has outstandingly broken priority over most moves so physically based gimping attempts become unsuccessful if you spam it as it has no cooldown. For example, Lana can best Meta Knight, Sheik and Falco's Dair if they dare try to gimp her. The problem with this option is that it doesn't knock opponents far at all if you're hitting them from above so Falco, (I half-lied there) can probably take her out but if he approaches her from even the slightest horizontal angle, Falco won't be able to hit no waifu of mine. except Falco is animal-waifu

Lana's second option is that you may press B during the Glide duration for her to flip and send a burst of wind in the direction she's facing. It's a multi hit move that traps people chasing after Lana and sends them far back. You can even use it to turn the tables against certain characters that attempt to gimp you, giving you necessary and valuable time to recover. It does a minimal 2%. You can knock opponents into the edges and bounce them to their doom, or you could use it as an unusual spacing tool on the ground. Either way, it's immensely useful.

Cuckoo Flight: Lana summons a Cuckoo and flies in a slow vertical ascent. It works the same way like Snake's Up B or Megaman and Chibi-Robo's up B's in SSF2. There is a very funny, deadly feature in this move, though... If gimpers attempt to take her out of the air, they must hit Lana and not the Cuckoo. If the Cuckoo is hit enough to the point that it receives 10%, the Cuckoo will retaliate against the opponent and swarm the fighter, either trapping him/her/it in a MK-like vortex, hitting consecutively or very rarely, one will smash into the perpetrator and KO them. It's a very hilarious move.
Cuckoo Vortex; Same % and duration as MK's up B.
Cuckoo Smash: 30%. instant KO.

Side B:
Wisdom Walls
and
Blizzard Barrier
Blazing Blockade

Blizzard Barrier: Lana summons giant, slim walls of ice to assault the opponent. Essentially Wisdom Walls, but a little faster to charge and has a freeze effect when it hits. Attack damage is severely reduced, but it's faster and good use of it can be devastating. Cosmetic changes include a more frosty looking, cold Wisdom Wall with snow gathered underneath the wall.

Blazing Blockade: Lana creates a huge, thick barrier of rock and magma to ravage her adversaries. Still a Wisdom Walls reskin BUT substantially slower to charge and gives fire effect damage to opponents hit with it. It's immensely powerful and the Blazing Blockade Cube attack can be used as a powerful KO move at high %. Cosmetic changes make it look like she just pulled the wall from Eldin Volcano, as it is a rocky, rough wall with lava still flowing from it.

Neutral B:

Sorcerer's Blast
and
Deku Assault
Goddess Beam

Deku Assault: This move is very similar to Marth or Lucina's side B attacks. Lana masterfully spins the Deku Staff in a series of strong attacks. It's quite basic. First attack is Lana sweeping in front of her with the Deku Staff, then another sweep. After that, you can choose from 5 different followups to attack with.

1. Press A to make her continuously spin her Deku Staff in front of her very, very fast. It's a multi-hit move. Does 2% with each hit, lasts for 3 seconds.

2. Press B again to make her form an icicle that can send fighters flying very far. Does 6%.

3. Press Z/Grab to make Lana thrust in front of her. Does 10%. A good launching attack.

4. Press R to make her stand the Staff up and spin around it incredibly quickly kicking fighters who approach her away. Does 4%, lasts for 2 seconds.

5. Press L to make her summon a vortex of foliage in front of her. Lana shouts "Farore's Wind" while doing this move. It lasts 3 seconds and opponents that find themselves inside of it take 3% with each hit.

Goddess Beam: A hard-to-get custom move for Lana, but very powerful. (eg. Unlock it by winning Smash Run 25 times, or play on Skyloft/Gerudo Valley 30 times) Basically Sorcerer's Blast, a beam of heavenly light is launched at the ground at blinding speeds doing 5% more damage than each variation of Sorcerer's Blast. It's faster, too and has better range.

P.S. These moves can still be used to break Wisdom Wall and its custom variations.

Down B:

Deku Sprout Wrath
and
Deku Baba's Revenge
Ocktorok Barrage

Deku Baba's Revenge: Lana summons a Deku Baba. It cannot move, unlike the original Deku Sprouts, and you cannot hit it to activate it. It acts as a guard dog as sorts. When fighters are around it, the Deku Baba reaches out and tries to chomp them. If it bites the fighter, it does 15% damage and doesn't send them back very far. It can take 14% of punishment before it decays, or 1 minute 30 seconds of being on the battlefield. Only 2 may be on the battlefield at one time.

Ocktorok Barrage: Lana creates an Ocktorok that acts as an unmovable automatic turret. It's a very annoying, irritating hazardous move. When summoned, it constantly fires seeds in the general direction of the nearest fighter. In this iteration of Smash, they can even reach upwards to smack your opposition with seeds constantly for a mere 3%. It has no knock back but a lot of flinch, and makes Link characters trip. Why should you use this over the other two if you're planning so?
You can place a ridiculous 5 at one time. And when you go to rid it, it retreats back into it's plant and takes no damage from anything, not even final smashes. But here's the catch: it only lasts 5 seconds, so you better be on your toes juggling your hazards, foes and Wisdom Walls.
[:spoiler]

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed it!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Well, here's the Custom Movesets and some things I forgot to throw into my Lana move set.
I'm very passionate about Lana as a DLC character if they happen, even though I know DLC characters won't happen.
She is truly an extremely unique character with traits never seen in any other character.

Dodges, Rolls and Blocks
Shield: Lana's shield is the Nayru's Love crystal with the properties of a shield. Perfect Shields are easier to attempt with this shield. Because of this, she can barely hold it up for long.

Roll: Lana holds up the Deku Shield and sidesteps quickly either to the left or right.

Shield Stun animation: Lana is moving around dazed and confused, with Fairies flying above her hair and Na'vi shouting "Hey! Listen!" as a reference to the Fairies of LoZ.

Custom Moves:

Up B:
Summoning Gate
and
Deku Leaf
(old up B idea, changed after Hyrule Warriors direct)
Cuckoo Flight

Deku Leaf: Lana leaps a tiny distance and turns her Deku Staff into a Deku Leaf. It's an gliding move that doesn't go too far on the initial startup of the move but it can work as a good recovery. What it's really used for is to utterly wreck gimpers and characters going in the air in the pursuit of Lana. After using it at first, the player has two options until Lana drops off the leaf.

Lana can flip the Deku Leaf and herself in the air to attack opponents for 5% if you press A during Deku Leaf's glide. It has outstandingly broken priority over most moves so physically based gimping attempts become unsuccessful if you spam it as it has no cooldown. For example, Lana can best Meta Knight, Sheik and Falco's Dair if they dare try to gimp her. The problem with this option is that it doesn't knock opponents far at all if you're hitting them from above so Falco, (I half-lied there) can probably take her out but if he approaches her from even the slightest horizontal angle, Falco won't be able to hit no waifu of mine. except Falco is animal-waifu

Lana's second option is that you may press B during the Glide duration for her to flip and send a burst of wind in the direction she's facing. It's a multi hit move that traps people chasing after Lana and sends them far back. You can even use it to turn the tables against certain characters that attempt to gimp you, giving you necessary and valuable time to recover. It does a minimal 2%. You can knock opponents into the edges and bounce them to their doom, or you could use it as an unusual spacing tool on the ground. Either way, it's immensely useful.

Cuckoo Flight: Lana summons a Cuckoo and flies in a slow vertical ascent. It works the same way like Snake's Up B or Megaman and Chibi-Robo's up B's in SSF2. There is a very funny, deadly feature in this move, though... If gimpers attempt to take her out of the air, they must hit Lana and not the Cuckoo. If the Cuckoo is hit enough to the point that it receives 10%, the Cuckoo will retaliate against the opponent and swarm the fighter, either trapping him/her/it in a MK-like vortex, hitting consecutively or very rarely, one will smash into the perpetrator and KO them. It's a very hilarious move.

Side B:
Wisdom Walls
and
Blizzard Barrier
Blazing Blockade

Blizzard Barrier: Lana summons giant, slim walls of ice to assault the opponent. Essentially Wisdom Walls, but a little faster to charge and has a freeze effect when it hits. Attack damage is severely reduced, but it's faster and good use of it can be devastating. Cosmetic changes include a more frosty looking, cold Wisdom Wall with snow gathered underneath the wall.

Blazing Blockade: Lana creates a huge, thick barrier of rock and magma to ravage her adversaries. Still a Wisdom Walls reskin BUT substantially slower to charge and gives fire effect damage to opponents hit with it. It's immensely powerful and the Blazing Blockade Cube attack can be used as a powerful KO move at high %. Cosmetic changes make it look like she just pulled the wall from Eldin Volcano, as it is a rocky, rough wall with lava still flowing from it.

Neutral B:

Sorcerer's Blast
and
Deku Assault
Goddess Beam

Deku Assault: This move is very similar to Marth or Lucina's side B attacks. Lana masterfully spins the Deku Staff in a series of strong attacks. It's quite basic. First attack is Lana sweeping in front of her with the Deku Staff, then another sweep. After that, you can choose from 5 different followups to attack with.

1. Press A to make her continuously spin her Deku Staff in front of her very, very fast. It's a multi-hit move. Does 2% with each hit, lasts for 3 seconds.

2. Press B again to make her form an icicle that can send fighters flying very far. Does 6%.

3. Press Z/Grab to make Lana thrust in front of her. Does 10%. A good launching attack.

4. Press R to make her stand the Staff up and spin around it incredibly quickly kicking fighters who approach her away. Does 4%, lasts for 2 seconds.

5. Press L to make her summon a vortex of foliage in front of her. Lana shouts "Farore's Wind" while doing this move. It lasts 3 seconds and opponents that find themselves inside of it take 3% with each hit.

Goddess Beam: A hard-to-get custom move for Lana, but very powerful. (eg. Unlock it by winning Smash Run 25 times, or play on Skyloft/Gerudo Valley 30 times) Basically Sorcerer's Blast, a beam of heavenly light is launched at the ground at blinding speeds doing 5% more damage than each variation of Sorcerer's Blast. It's faster, too and has better range.

P.S. These moves can still be used to break Wisdom Wall and its custom variations.

Down B:

Deku Sprout Wrath
and
Deku Baba's Revenge
Ocktorok Barrage

Deku Baba's Revenge: Lana summons a Deku Baba. It cannot move, unlike the original Deku Sprouts, and you cannot hit it to activate it. It acts as a guard dog as sorts. When fighters are around it, the Deku Baba reaches out and tries to chomp them. If it bites the fighter, it does 15% damage and doesn't send them back very far. It can take 14% of punishment before it decays, or 1 minute 30 seconds of being on the battlefield. Only 2 may be on the battlefield at one time.

Ocktorok Barrage: Lana creates an Ocktorok that acts as an unmovable automatic turret. It's a very annoying, irritating hazardous move. When summoned, it constantly fires seeds in the general direction of the nearest fighter. In this iteration of Smash, they can even reach upwards to smack your opposition with seeds constantly for a mere 3%. It has no knock back but a lot of flinch, and makes Link characters trip. Why should you use this over the other two if you're planning so?
You can place a ridiculous 5 at one time. And when you go to rid it, it retreats back into it's plant and takes no damage from anything, not even final smashes. But here's the catch: it only lasts 5 seconds, so you better be on your toes juggling your hazards, foes and Wisdom Walls.

Wanna compile that all into one post? I'll add it to the OP if you do :p

Finally updated the supporter list~

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
So apparently Lana is Cias good half that got seprated from her when she was corrupted. we just got that info.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543

Hmm. If what you mean is compiling my move set, custom moves, and the miscellaneous stuff into one post, I will happily oblige.
I'll just do it tomorrow, as I must rest my weary head.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Eh, what the heck. Add me to the supporter list. I still don't completely want character DLC, but the new Mario Kart 8 DLC has given me hope it won't be too expensive.

Just keep the spoilers to a minimum here, please. Some of us don't want to get completely spoiled before it comes out.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So what's the appeal of this character? What is it about her that makes you guys want her in Smash?
At least for me:

-New Zelda character that isn't Ghirahim or Vaati.
-I love magic users.
-Interesting moveset potential from what I've seen,
-I like her personality so far.

Of course, I kinda need to play the game, but I really like her so far.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543

Here's the 2nd edition, and compressed speculation move set of Lana, the White Witch!
Enjoy!

Legend:

HW- Hyrule Warriors

BoS- Book Of Sorcery

DKUS- Deku Staff

Lana, The White Witch

Lana’s playstyle revolves around stunning speed and dangerous setup moves along with lightning-quick jabs, smashes and tilts. This moveset derives from information and gameplay from her character trailers, the NicoNico stream and her possible relation to Nayru/Lanayru.

Jab: A wide ranged, quick, speedy flurry of Lana waving her hand about creating magic and scattering pages from her BoS with her hands. Each jab has a slight cooldown but has decent knockback and amazing range to make up for it. Finisher jab is her extending her arm that’s not holding the BoS and powerfully jabbing the air. Each jab does 3% and finisher does 4%. It’s used as an activation move for some specials as well.

See; Lana’s normal attacks in HW with BoS

Tilts:

Utilt: Vaults her body up into the air with her Deku Staff. 5%

See; Fox’s Utilt

Dtilt: Creates a magic glass wall with the BoS while crouching. Has defensive, reflector properties. 3%

See: BoS trailer for Lana, Pit’s down-B

F-tilt: Spins her DKUS around her body to whack the opponent. Large forward range and bad knockback so it can be comboed/canceled into other moves and a small reverse range that deals a lot of knockback. 4% forward, 2% back

See; DKUS trailer for Lana, HW DKUS normal attacks

Specials:

B- Sorcerer’s Blast

Creates a ball of blue magic with her BoS while floating into the air while creating it. Charging it up results in a bigger ball. Hitstun is tremendous.

It’s different from other projectile specials as she slams it onto the ground creating a shockwave which power is determined by the time spent charging it up. It can be used off the ledge or in the air for a fantastic meteor smash at high percentage. Opponents can be caught and stuck in the charging ball just like Lucario’s Aura Sphere. It cannot be carried around though like Samus and Lucario’s B specials.

Charge for 0 secs: 7%/ shockwave 3%

Charge for 1 sec: 8%/ Shockwave 4%

Charge for 2 sec: 10%/ shockwave 6%

Charge for 3 sec: 12%/ shockwave 9%

Charge to max: 17%/ Shockwave 12%

Caught in charging ball: 4% damage x secs inside ball

Side B- Wisdom Walls

Another charge move. Creates a glass wall that can become a certain shape after a determined time of charge. Easily her most complex move. Each shape has 2-3 properties.

No charging results in a standard glass wall as tall as Wii Fit Trainer.

She can push the wall to nearly same effect as Isaac’s AT attack but fades away after 2 seconds. Or she can use her normal B move to shatter it for damage. She can even bounce off it with her jumps.

1 second makes the same standard wall but each attack effect does 2% more damage.

2 second make the same standard wall again but each attack effect does 4% more.

3 seconds of charging makes a giant cube the size of Rosalina.

She can’t push it, but she can jump on it and you can press down to make her jump continuously moving it around the stage it flattening opponents that stand in her path.

That effect lasts 1 second before shattering the cube. The second effect is that you can hit it with your B and shatter it for significantly greater damage.

4 seconds boosts the time spent using the moving effect of her BoS cube by 2 seconds.

5 seconds of charging summons two glass walls at the side, but with intricate designs on them. They are vastly improved and have vastly different uses than of one wall. The first effect is that if you jab the wall, it moves very slightly. It’s only the jab that moves it. The next effect is that you yet again use her neutral B on the wall the Sorcerer’s Blast turns a menacing red and doesn’t shatter the glass wall, but bounces off it. If it bounces off the other wall, it turns a brilliant turquoise and then after the next bounce it turns blue again and then after the next bounce the cycle repeats. The purpose of this is to ramp up the damage by bouncing it off and then setting it up to deal absolutely tremendous devastation to an opponent if you set it up correctly. The colour doesn’t affect the attack. The final effect is that you can use your aerial attacks on them to turn them into devastating leaps that stun opponents and set them up for a good Smash attack. The walls disappear after 10 seconds in the game.

Glass Wall Shatter attack: 8% (high knockback)

Glass Wall pushing attack: 2% repeatedly

Glass Cube rolling attack: 5% repeatedly

Glass Cube shatter attack: 13% (huge knockback)

Twin Glass Wall bouncing attack: 1% + midair stun for 3 seconds

Twin Glass Wall Sorcerer’s Blast: Charge percentage with 4% added each time it bounces

Twin Glass Wall pushing attack: 1%

See; Lana and the BoS trailer

This is Lana’s schtick; Combining use of her complex glass wall system and using it with her Sorcerer’s Blast to make setups so amazingly strong, Lana players that practice constantly and learn her intricate move designs are rewarded with an otherwise invincible character. She’s cripplingly weak in the hands of a new, casual player but when put into the hands of seasoned veterans that have learned her tricks, she’s a mean, blue, serial killer.

Down B- Deku Sprout Wrath

Forgive me if they’re not Deku Tree Sprout, but this is an odd move from her DKUS trailer.

Lana summons a Deku Tree Sprout from the ground that acts as a turret. It’s inactive until Lana jabs it. Once she does jab it, the Deku Tree Sprout starts spewing seeds that deal 1% damage for 3 seconds. If you use a Side Smash on them, they will start bouncing around. If they land on an unlucky opponent they’ll knock them on the ground and stun them for 1 second. They can meteor smash opponents as well if they end up falling off the edge. (along with an adorable falling animation). They stop moving after a short period. They go back into the ground if an opponent deals enough damage to them. Yes, Deku Tree Sprouts have a set amount of damage they can take. About 12% will take them out.

See; Lana and a Spear trailer

Deku Bounce: 5% + giant stun

Up B- Summoning Gate

Lana summons a blue portal above her. You can throw other characters into it to trap them away and then control where you drop them. It has the same range as Sheik's UP B although if you charge it for just a little it can go as far as Zelda's and it becomes bigger. You can also make Lana go into it to Recover, of course. She backflips into it and comes out of it with a jab if you do put her into it. It's a fun trap move and also an okay recovery. It can also transport items, assist trophies and projectiles.

Teleportation Punch- 11%

Teleportation Throw- 2%

See; Hyrule Warriors Direct

Smash Attacks:

Fsmash: Lana swiftly summons the DKUS to do a quick spin with it then forcefully thrust it in front of her as hard as she can. Has high range and is a good spacing move. Doesn’t do a lot of damage, but can KO over 120%. Green energies surround the DKUS during the thrust animation. Has startup animation. It does 8% without charge.

Dsmash: Lana summons the DKUS again and thrusts it on the ground. She summons the power of Nayru and ice stalagmites come up from a magic circle on the ground very powerfully. It can be used as a very good, dependent air launcher. It has medium range and surrounds her. Both sides without charge do 10%. It KO’s at around 90%.

Usmash: Lana opens her BoS above her. Suddenly, pages from the book start twirling around her in a mini storm that traps opponents and deals good damage to them but doesn’t knock them far. It doesn’t KO opponents, but it can be used as a setup to an aerial chase, or to just deal good amounts of damage. It’s her only reliable damage-dealing A move other than her Uair. It does 7% repeatedly for 6 seconds. Has no cooldown, but it weakens if you use it constantly, soon doing no damage. Her BoS isn’t actually infinite, you know? You need to not use it to charge it up after you use it.

Aerial Attacks:

Uair: Lana takes out her DKUS yet again to summon twin water spheres that spin Sonic-fast above her. It’s her second best damage dealer. It can be used as a reliable combo move to cancel into other aerials or just generally stall the opponent and keep them in the air. It does 4% repeatedly for 1 second and can cancel into a lot of moves.

Nair: An aerial version of her Jab and also can activate some of her specials as well. The only notable difference is that she jabs all around herself. Does 5%.

Fair/Dair: Nayru’s Love is the inspiration for this move, but is used differently. Lana summons many tiny crystals, which look like the Nayru’s Love crystal that surrounds Zelda, and sends them in the direction she’s facing in the air. They travel for 3 seconds before disappearing and do 5% and has good stun.

Dair: An aerial version of Sorcerer’s Blast. It doesn’t Meteor smash, but it does great damage. Does 8%.

Grabs:

Lana waves her hand in front of her mesmerisingly to grab opponents. Large range. When an opponent is grabbed Lana traps them in a glass cube.

Pummel: Lana uses the walls of the glass cube to squeeze the opponent inside. Does 6%.

Fthrow: Lana takes out the DKUS and smashes the cube in half while also smashing the opponent away. Her most reliable kill move that can KO at medium percentages. Does 9%.

Uthrow: Lana throws the cube upwards and then takes the DKUS out and suddenly leaps into the air leaving trails of pages behind her and smashes the cube in the air and lands on the ground gracefully. An amazing looking move of epic proportions, comparable to Ike's FS. It does a lot of damage but doesn't have any knockback or stun so retaliation is imminent if you try to go up again to use some aerial moves. It does 14%. A guaranteed KO when under the effect of FS Idea no. 2.

Dthrow: Lana uses a Sorcerer's Blast to shatter the Cube. Very generic move and knocks the enemy very far.

Does 5% damage. When used on a ledge it's a guaranteed Meteor Smash.

Final Smash Idea 1: Kaleidoscope

This move is kind of a cool one. Lana floats in the air surrounded by her books, then covers the whole background in glass like a Kaleidoscope. Images of Nayru, Lana, the Triforce and other symbolic stuff are displayed on the background and the screen cuts to Nayru looking into the stage, now a giant glass ball with a kaleidoscope design and Nayru then blasts into the glass ball with all her energies. The screen cuts into the stage where giant beams of cyan light are coming from the ground and blasting the opponents doing 20% and KO'ing characters with high percentage. Lana can control their trajectory by placing Wisdom walls to reflect them onto certain opponents. Lana is invincible during this period.

Final Smash Idea 2: Din, Farore, Nayru

Lana yells a loud battle cry and the three Great Fairies are shown in the background. Then three spheres of energy surround Lana; one of green wind of leaves, one of great fire and rocks and one of water and pages. She then absorbs these gifts of power from the Great Fairies and then gains +35% to all her attacks and temporary invincibility. You can control Lana after this. It lasts for 25 second before it ends. The Great Fairies also help by randomly launching beams of their respective element. Din can diagonally launch a pillar of magma, Farore can summon a beam of wind and grass blades horizontally and Nayru can launch a blast of water.

Cosmetic changes involve Lana's Wisdom Walls turning red, her Sorcerer's blast becoming green and her jabs becoming dark blue.

Misc:

Idle animations: After 6 seconds, Lana crosses her arms and sulks. It’s cuter than you think. After 10 seconds, she plays with Navi. After 20 seconds, she sits on the ground and falls asleep. After 30 seconds, she gets up and reads her BoS. Then after 6 seconds she repeats the cycle again.

Taunts:

Up Taunt: Lana surrounds herself in a pillar of water, eyes glowing, with pages flying aloft. She then smiles after.

Side Taunt: She hums the LoZ theme while jogging on the spot and then jumps up and claps her arms happily after.

Down Taunt: She puts her fingers into a “peace” or “kawaii” position and smiles at the camera.

Sound Effects:

A- HA A HA A HA! WAAAHHH! SOREH! SEI-NO! YEAH! TAH! SEI-NO! HAAAA! DAAAAHH!

Dash Animation: Lana runs very fast, flailing her arms.

See: End of Hyrule Warriors Features trailer.

Jumping animation: Jumps into the air with one leg folded and one arm in the air preparing to strike.

Screen KO: Lana falls into the screen, her nose pressed into the screen with a pained expression, pages from her BoS flattened onto the screen, her eyes closed and her DKUS broken into half falling behind her.

Victory Animation:

1. Floats into the air with her BoS in one hand and her DKUS in the other. Eyes glowing white and pages from her book flying in the air behind her.

2. LoZ main theme plays and Lana cutely hums it as it plays and at the last note, a Cuckoo hits her head and she falls over and she yells.

3. Silently reads her BoS while her DKUS leans against her and Deku Sprouts watch her read and cutely do stuff like talk in the background.

Victory Theme: The theme from the "Lana And A Spear" HW trailer.

Dodges, Rolls and Blocks

Custom Moves:

Up B:

Summoning Gate

and

Deku Leaf (old up B idea, changed after Hyrule Warriors direct)

Cuckoo Flight

Side B:

Wisdom Walls

and

Blizzard Barrier

Blazing Blockade

Neutral B:

Sorcerer's Blast

and

Deku Assault

Goddess Beam

Down B:

Deku Sprout Wrath

and

Deku Baba's Revenge

Ocktorok Barrage

Inspiration for all moves can be found in these videos:

I closely studied these videos to create a fresh, unique move set for Lana! I hope she doesn't seem TOO BROKEN

EDIT 17 AUG 2014: NEW FINAL SMASHES AND AERIALS!
Lana now has NEW final smashes. Why? She isn't Nayru or Lanaryu.
Because....
SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT OPEN IF YOU DON'T WANT HYRULE WARRIORS SPOILED
She's Cia's good side ripped from her. How disappointing. Now I have to go to the Cia thread and talk to them about how if Cia never shows up again, Lana is GONE. DEAD.

Now that you know, here's the new moves!

FS 1: Souls Entwined
Lana suddenly turns into a white spirit and spirals around until a tremendous shadow envelops the battlefield in turmoil and darkness. Cia rises from the darkness and Lana's spirit goes into her. Cia gains great power and a huge magic circle appears in the middle of the battle field. Cia floats to it and is granted devastating power from the Triforce. You can now control Cia. She has the same moveset as whatever the folks at the Cia thread thought as except 50% more power and speed. At the end of the FS, Lana and Cia's souls separate and go to the ends of the screen. Suddenly, giant orbs of cyan lightning and maroon darkness appear to be clashing. (Like the Sun and Earth in the new FD). When they collide, a giant blast of light erupts and covers the battle field. Everyone onstage is hit for 50% and KO'd at above 60%. After that, Lana returns to normal.

MORE TO BE ADDED, WATCH THIS SPACE

Last edited:

Adam.HI

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0018-1551-1007
i didn't really think anyone else would consider her for Smash. Appearently, great minds think alike. Want my support? It's yours my friend. As long as you add me to the list. :-)

viridi

Smash Cadet
NNID
nessearthbound
I support Lana
Although what is her chance of getting in? Sakurai decided Smash 4's roster long before Hyrule Warriors announcement was Lana even a thought in Nintendo's mind back then?

Top Bottom