• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The White Witch, Lana casts herself into battle

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Most of us are hoping she'll be in as DLC.
Most of us? It should be all of us, HW was darned too far late to be represented in Sm4sh. And there is little to no representation for spinoff characters in the game. (other than Pichu, Dr. Mario)

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Most of us? It should be all of us, HW was darned too far late to be represented in Sm4sh. And there is little to no representation for spinoff characters in the game. (other than Pichu, Dr. Mario)
I said most because it wouldn't surprise me if someone didn't know/care about that fact,

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
It's fine. I can see where someone could misunderstand.
Well, I guess I am tired.... And sick. Yep, forum discussion while witholding a minor fever. Genius.
(I'm trying to not seem like I'm just trying to excuse myself)

Anyways, what do you think; Is there really going to be character DLC? If there is, Lana's chances are up by a bit.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
We don't know that, Hyrule warriors could've been in development for years and sakurai would've known about it long in advance

Also how is pichu a spin-off character

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Well, I guess I am tired.... And sick. Yep, forum discussion while witholding a minor fever. Genius.
(I'm trying to not seem like I'm just trying to excuse myself)

Anyways, what do you think; Is there really going to be character DLC? If there is, Lana's chances are up by a bit.
I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not sure. I can honestly see the DLC going either way. I think there's a good chance of us getting some kind of DLC, though, so there's still hope we'll see her.

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
I hope you feel better soon.

I'm not sure. I can honestly see the DLC going either way. I think there's a good chance of us getting some kind of DLC, though, so there's still hope we'll see her.
If we don't get her as DLC playable, the next possible best thing is DLC Stage character AND DLC trophy.
I think DLC trophies would be a less tiring, convenient way of representing characters post-release.
I just hope Lana isn't a one off character. If Cia doesn't return in the next Zelda, Lana dies with her......

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cia < Lana because the latter is more relevant and actually been playable before. :awesome:

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Other than her playstyle why in the living hell would anybody want a character from a spinoff of a series that has more interesting, creative, recurrent, and original characters that repeatedly get ignored?

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
Other than her playstyle why in the living hell would anybody want a character from a spinoff of a series that has more interesting, creative, recurrent, and original characters that repeatedly get ignored?
There's a LOT of characters that people ignore like Lana. Ignored, forgotten washed-up characters years after releases of their great games. For example, I'm supporting Pokemon Ranger as a Pokemon rep. It's not a GREAT choice, but his series was incredible and his inclusion will boost Pokemon Ranger sales. Grovyle would do the same with Mystery Dungeon, my personal favourite spinoff series of all time; Bar the new installments, they had no emotional impact on me whatsoever..... Same with Kid Icarus's Pit in Brawl days, except he had a lot of retro credibilty... That's why Lana needs to be in Sm4sh. We need a new HW with, um, Groose? MM and WW characters?
i've only played 5 Zelda games don't kill me

Also Lana is one of the cutest, lovable characters and has insane potential to become a huge Zelda icon if she were to be in Sm4sh. (as DLC). I'd rather Impa/Ghirahim in as playable before her, but Lana would make an excellent DLC. We don't want her over anybody else because some of us want us as DLC.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Isn't she like 3rd party? I don't mind her inclusion (we NEED another Zelda character that isn't another version of Link), but let's wait until she gets added into another non-spinoff game.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You mean this guy?
:colorful:

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
How do you know that? We haven't played the game and don't know what will happen to her in it.
I meant it as in, she's going to be another character that I really like, that won't make it into the game because she debuted to late. Micaiah would've probably made it into Brawl I personally think if Radiant Dawn had been made earlier. Hyrule Warriors' idea probably came about to late into the development of SSB4.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I think Lana as DLC would be a bad move on Nintendo's part. I've seen a ton of comments hating on Lana's anime cuteness, and I can guarantee there would be lots of people who wouldn't buy her.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I think Saki have the same problem. He is not new enough to be a hype-fueled newcomer, but he is not old enough to be a retro newcomer. I think he will be an assist trophy forever. :(

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I support Lana but due to the fact she is a spin off Zelda character I'm not sure her chances would be high

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm totally not going to spoil a game that hasn't even released in the west, but Lana has a plot point that actually makes her one of the most interesting characters from a story standpoint currently in the Zelda franchise. I'd like to see her for that alone.

She's play very differently from the other Zelda characters as well.

She may only have a chance as DLC, but I think she'd be a good fit.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
LANA FOR DLC 2014-15!

And they need to have her Guardian of Time costume as an Alt. I NEEEEEEEED THAT!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
LANA FOR DLC 2014-15!

And they need to have her Guardian of Time costume as an Alt. I NEEEEEEEED THAT!
One thing for sure is that she has a better chance than the likes of Cia since since she's much more popular and the latter (Cia) wouldn't be too E+10 friendly with that skimpy appearance of hers. After all, that's the same reason why we didn't get a Tharja trophy in the end.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
One thing for sure is that she has a better chance than the likes of Cia since since she's much more popular and the latter (Cia) wouldn't be too E+10 friendly with that skimpy appearance of hers. After all, that's the same reason why we didn't get a Tharja trophy in the end.
Ech, I never liked the E10 Rating. Just go full T or go full E. I hate that there's a middle ground for no reason since there's only like a 3 year gap between ages 10 and and what is considered a teen (I'm assuming that's 13 since it ends with a "teen"). Some would even consider 12 to be teenage.
To be honest though, I wouldn't mind for Cia to only have the Guardian of Time outfit.

Not that I have a problem with the other one, just for the sake of those softies who do have the problem, and she's still insanely cute in this outfit anyways.

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, Lana's name has been tossed around a lot when talking about DLC characters, which is awesome.
She's got the uniqueness factor going for her, with her walls and terrain manipulating.
What do you guys think of the whole status for Hyrule Warriors as a representable game in Smash Bros? Apprently there's a lot of conflict about that...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Apparently, Lana's name has been tossed around a lot when talking about DLC characters, which is awesome.
She's got the uniqueness factor going for her, with her walls and terrain manipulating.
What do you guys think of the whole status for Hyrule Warriors as a representable game in Smash Bros? Apprently there's a lot of conflict about that...
I don't see the problem. Lana, Cia, and Hyrule Warriors as a whole deserve representation in some form.

I don't see why there should be conflict over that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't see the problem. Lana, Cia, and Hyrule Warriors as a whole deserve representation in some form.

I don't see why there should be conflict over that.
There's whole issue of whether a canon character like Impa should be added before the likes of a spinoff characters like Lana (which had been tossed around a lot). The fact that we don't know how much Zelda DLC we'll get for Smash doesn't help. Also, getting the trademark from Tecmo Koei is also another factor in regards to adding an Hyrule Warriors content as well (Due to the game being published solely by them in the Japaense versions).

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So after playing Hyrule Warriors myself, I'll have to says support for Lana has gone up 100%. She's awesome to play as.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Hey.
Hey.
HEY!
Hey.
Lana has a Skull Kid costume.

The best thing has happened.

Last edited:
Top Bottom