• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Top Characters, and what the Rumor Mill suggests Sakurai has said about them

Sora Keyblade Master

Smash Journeyman
MGS isn't a First-person shooter. It's an adventure-stealth game, basically Zelda with a focus on sneaking and hiding(this is not exact, it's just the closest comparison).

Snake is limited to explosives in Smash Bros.. That gives him remote mines, flashbangs(used to blind people in the games) and rocket launchers to work with(and they can used in a variety of ways). He also has his box, which would make a good defensive move, as well as martial arts moves to comprise his A techs. If these don't fill his moveset out completely, he can always go Falcon/Fox style and have crazy physical attacks made up for him.

As for Snake's jumping...ain't nothing wrong with giving him a normal double-jump to fit in. Link hardly ever jumped in his game. I would think Snake's reasoning for jumping works exactly the same as Link's.

Please note, I'm not trying to prove you wrong, but rather trying to educate you on how Snake will work. You're right in saying that many characters are a little easier to imagine in Smash, but Snake could be quite interesting.
Yea cool , that comment was much apperchiated, Thats what i was looking for, I just wanted someone to shed some light for me, since im not too familare with snake meself. But yea I suppose you could impervise a bit.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Because of the new video, I have heard rumors that if Falco, wolf, and/or Krystal is in the game, they will get a look tailor made of all previous games they were in like Fox.

Maybe you can update that new characters will have their most recent looks as a rumor (one that seems to be taking force as well)

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Nice. The only thing I dont like though is the removal of Ness since he was in the original. Now, I'm not much of a Ness fan, but I just dont want any original characters removed.

AxemRed

Smash Journeyman
Dunno if this has been asked already, but any information about Crono at all? I read somewhere he was on the poll, but I have no idea if that's true. He'd be my first pick for a square-enix character, even above geno...

Kirye

Smash Ace
Dunno if this has been asked already, but any information about Crono at all? I read somewhere he was on the poll, but I have no idea if that's true. He'd be my first pick for a square-enix character, even above geno...
The thing about that is, that IF Squenix was to go to Nintendo to offer them a character, well, there's are very many Squenix characters. Crono being in only one game, lowers his chances slightly compared to something that would promote knowledge of Squenix characters, or in simpler terms, their mascot that has been shown on a Nintendo system. That being either: A) Moogle; B) Black Mage; C) Chocobo*Though unlikely*, or D) Sora *As much as i'd rather not, he's the only Squenix character who's had sequels involving himself that has shown on a Nintendo console, be it that horrible GBA game.*

Unless Sakurai gets lucky and Squenix gives them Geno or Crono to use in Smash, I don't think we'll really be seeing either. >.<

It's not that I dislike either of them, I love Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger, they were my building blocks to becoming an RPG maniac, and i've beaten Mario RPG at least 50ish times, but yeah, their chances are slim. u.u

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I hope and pray Sora isn't in Brawl. That's such a resoundingly bad idea.......

But if Crono got in, I would flip.....literally......and I'm not even acrobatic.

kaid

Smash Master
I remember reading an interview, either during or just after E3. However, I don't remember what site, and I can't find it anywhere, so this is only Rumor status.

There was a konami rep, (possibly even Kojima himself) a Squeenix rep, and the interviewer.

The squeenix rep said something about how suprising it was to see Snake in the trailer.
Konami: "What, you mean Cloud isn't in?"
Squeenix: "Noone asked us yet."

I may have the phrasing off, but that's the gist of what I remember. Does anyone remember this?

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^ nop, and Im hoping simon belmont nore any square character ( - Geno) makes it in brawl, cause konami havin 2 of 3 slots in brawl wouldnt b fair, and tough I like cloud, I just wouldnt like him to take the spot of either sonic or megaman (my top choices XD)...

kaid

Smash Master
Ha! I knew I saw it somewhere. I found it on page 11 of the Cloud Strife Topic.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716039p1.html
This lead to talk about collaborations, which of course, lead to talk of Solid Snake's appearance in the Wii version of Smash Brothers: "That was very surprising," said Nomura. "Cloud won't make an appearance?" asked Kojima. "We didn't get an offer," responded Nomura with a laugh.
Now, as we all know, Squeenix has to approch Sakurai, not the other way around. but if...

1)Square approched Sakurai
2)Square Put foreward the single most famous FF character ever (overrated or not) as a character
3) Sakurai decided he could work with a character who's sword put's Marth's to shame.

...we COULD end up with Cloud in brawl. Expect the Mewtwo treatment, though... that sword is just ridiculus.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
But Cloud doesn't meet the most basic requirements of Brawl, which is having a game on Nintendo consoles.

Stryks

Smash Hero
not having a game, with an appearance will do, and I believe he appeared on the kingdom hearts game on the GBA game, I could be wrong, I still dont want him in...

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Eh...I don't count Kingdom Hearts as a qualifier. So far, it's a very Playstation game....that and KH2 pretty much killed the series for me. EIther way, the GBA is home to plenty of ports and games from non-nintendo companies that have nothing to do with the consoles. And in order of importance, I see consoles outweighing handhelds.

kaid

Smash Master
I agree, it's a technicality... but if Square wanted the character who has arguably become Square's Mascot in Brawl, and Sakurai accepted it, that technicality keeps Sakurai from going back on his word.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Because of the new video, I have heard rumors that if Falco, wolf, and/or Krystal is in the game, they will get a look tailor made of all previous games they were in like Fox.

Maybe you can update that new characters will have their most recent looks as a rumor (one that seems to be taking force as well)
Woohoo falco (if thats true)
Meagaman?Whatever dude he sucks.Sonic,OK hes pretty good.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I can't really explain why...but I'd rather not see Megaman. I guess he was good in the past....but since then....kinda died. I mean...they've made almost as many incarnations of Megaman as they have versions of Power Rangers.

Wrath`

Smash Master
can u explain WHY megaman sucks?? and dont give the zx, exe games as facts, i mean good ol megaman...
He sucks because he is week kidish and who cares how many forms you can have.
Besides he dosnt seem right for this kind of game

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I know. Everyone knows. It's pretty obvious, but it doesn't make me want him any more.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
Kalas is also consitered for 3rd party. He has a bigger chance than a lot of other 3rd party characters. He may not be well known but he has a pretty good chance of getting in. I hope he is!! I would love to see Midna in Brawl, but seeing as how Twilight Princess just came out, I dought it. Maybe she'll be in the next Smash! ^_^

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Funny thing is that out of all the 3rd party characters nintendo could choose from, megaman is one of the most logical choices...go figure.
you're so right! mega man (original) is not only synonimous with Capcom, but with the NES as well. He's the perfect retro 3rd party character (and Sonic too)

Kirye

Smash Ace
Cloud.. I wouldn't wanna see in Brawl. I mean, if he somehow, by some miracle does make it in, I would be baffled, and if he's a greater sword user than Marth, I might even change mains. o.O But of course, I can't see that happening, Cloud being in Brawl I mean.

Megaman, bleh, there are better third party characters out there, granted I know Megaman has a chance in, but he just seems so.. Not Brawlish, ya know? He's a ****** with a blaster, he barely fit in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1-2, much less a fighting game of a completely different style of battle.. And I dunno, I don't like Megaman as much anymore. Megaman Zero would fit in a *little better*, but I would still prefer others over him.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Cloud.. I wouldn't wanna see in Brawl. I mean, if he somehow, by some miracle does make it in, I would be baffled, and if he's a greater sword user than Marth, I might even change mains. o.O But of course, I can't see that happening, Cloud being in Brawl I mean.

Megaman, bleh, there are better third party characters out there, granted I know Megaman has a chance in, but he just seems so.. Not Brawlish, ya know? He's a ****** with a blaster, he barely fit in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1-2, much less a fighting game of a completely different style of battle.. And I dunno, I don't like Megaman as much anymore. Megaman Zero would fit in a *little better*, but I would still prefer others over him.
If there going to put a ff charecter why not put tifa in it?She never used weapons so she's pure fight,

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Because if by some small chance, an FF character makes it in, it would be a MAIN character from a game. In this case Cloud was FF7s main character next to Aeris and Sephiroth.. Tifa was just big boobs McGee.
Actually, it's because Tifa wasn't on a Nintendo console. If they were going to put a FF character in, it'd be from a Nintendo console.

Kalas_Raven

Smash Rookie
It would be awesome to have Cloud though... *sigh* only in my dreams... I would love to see a fight between Link, Kalas, and Cloud! I wonder who would be the victor? I couldn't choose!!! >.<

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
Demiru-- Appears more than once on the poll, and intrigues the hell out of Sakurai! The star of Tomato Adventure has a lot of potential up his sleeve, and Sakurai notes this repeatedly. Does this mean he has a chance? It depends. But Sakurai certainly read and enjoyed those lengthy requests for this character.

*NOTE: I don't know the exact numbers, but they are veeerrrryyy long requests. So long, they even give Demiru moves and expressions for the game. And Sakurai posted both of 'em.
I wonder if parrothead sent those in. :laugh:

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting info Troopa.... Very interesting indeed.

If they add in sonic, Green Hill Zone had better be his stage (Yes I realize it's an empty threat). CLASSIC MUSIC AND ALL.

Top Bottom