• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Oh man! Are we posting fan art? I have some art that i made in art academy: home studio! Tell me what you guys think? I do need a bit more practice, but I'll get it someday.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Oh man! Are we posting fan art? I have some art that i made in art academy: home studio! Tell me what you guys think? I do need a bit more practice, but I'll get it someday.
I loved the Link one! The Navi radio codec was a nice touch XD

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
So I wanted to ask you guys. I really wanna try out the Metal Gear series after it's been on my radar for so long. Which is the best game to start off with?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
So I wanted to ask you guys. I really wanna try out the Metal Gear series after it's been on my radar for so long. Which is the best game to start off with?
I would start with Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Can also start out with Twin Snakes (GC Remake of MGS) if you think the PS1 graphics are too jarring.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
If you want to play through the series in chronological order, start with Snake Eater. If you want to see the gameplay evolve throughout releases, start off with the original two MSX Metal Gears. If you just felt like playing through the Solid series in order of release, start with Metal Gear Solid or Twin Snakes.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Happy to see such high morale. On the topic of MGS games, do you guys consider The Twin Snakes canon?

As for a victory theme, here's my pick:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Gotta be honest here, the only reason I want Snake back is because I loooooooove Shadow Moses Island and its kick ass music.

I wanna beat up some chumps to Snake Eater, Yell "Dead Cell" and that amazing MSX music they ported from Metal Gear 2.

Wow, now I seriously want a Gradius or Castlevania stage now. Konami music is astounding.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Kojima is officially gone........

Konami my god, get some new management. You have been so bad this year, that the mear mention of the word/name "Konami" causes gamers to shiver and when you have made games like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Contra & Castlevania, that is not a good sign.......at all. Like, you're abandoning video games, your biggest demographic, to focus on slot machines......you just don't care anymore.

I hope you guys manage to get a restructuring because you guys are seriously mismanaged.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1126760

Kojima has officially left Konami.
It's all in their and Nintendo's hands now.
This is very sad (plus screw the president and ceo, i'm sorry but they dont deserve my respect). Kojima did very well as a developer and as a man too. He promised so much for us and he delivered. Unfortunately the only thing in his way was konami. I hope Kojima keeps bringing surprises our way.

Despite all this, I will have hope that Snake comes back. Come on Nintendo, please look at it as making millions of MGS fans happy and not as a way to give to Konami. Long live the Snake Eater!

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps, some fan art will cheer you up:
[/
SP
OILER]

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
This is very sad (plus screw the president and ceo, i'm sorry but they dont deserve my respect). Kojima did very well as a developer and as a man too. He promised so much for us and he delivered. Unfortunately the only thing in his way was konami. I hope Kojima keeps bringing surprises our way.

Despite all this, I will have hope that Snake comes back. Come on Nintendo, please look at it as making millions of MGS fans happy and not as a way to give to Konami. Long live the Snake Eater!
We already knew Kojima was gone, so this doesn't change anything. If a deal went through between Konami and Nintendo, it's not like Konami will rescind it on account of Kojima leaving when they knew he would. If anything it would have prevented it outright.

Kojima is a Legend in the eyes of those on the battlefield - he passes down Memes, Genes, and Scene through his creations - transcending the medium and passing his will on to others. For this reason he is beyond even the Boss and why he wouldn't let the lust for revenge consume him enough to deny Snake from appearing in smash.

Don't give up hope.. keep fighting.

So..with all that said, what do you say to one last showdown?

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly I think the main thing would be holding back Snake is Konami itself, considering no one can seem to figure out what the hell they're trying to do most of the time these days, and I can't image them working well with anyone in their current position especially Nintendo. It's like someone dropped a pachinko machine on the heads of every executive and PR representative in the company.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Maybe he wrapped up a "few things" before he left with Nintendo--this would be a perfect opportunity for Sakurai to honor his legacy in Konami by including Snake

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here even more fan art!:

Here is a comic:

and a video just for fun:

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but could you please stop posting so much Fan Art, or at least use spoilers? I have to use mobile and it's killing my iPad.
Sorry, I thought I would leave the fan art without a spolier because I didn't post too much of them.
Next time, I would put spoilers up even if it a few.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry, I thought I would leave the fan art without a spolier because I didn't post too much of them.
Next time, I would put spoilers up even if it a few.
Thanks. I do like fan art, especially good ones. But too much of it is overwhelming and hard on my computer.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, There's me, you, Tino Tino , and, my friend, T Tahu Mata . Who all support Snake in that thread. Past that I think Johnknight1 Johnknight1 posts in that thread as well. There's also @SAVideos whom I think supports both.

Edit: And besides ALL that, I'm the head of the Wolf Support Twitter and constantly give shoutouts to the Snake Support Twitter. We are all fighting for a common purpose, so it makes sense that we would stick together.

All-in-all I don't think anyone in that thread opposes Snake. I think I remember all of us in that thread DEFENDING Snake in that thread against some random hater. Don't know why people hate on other characters in random threads that don't pertain to the one their in. Irksome.
Honestly I think the idea of a Brawl veteran group makes sense (since the only 2 non-Brawl veterans left are the two least popular veteran choices).

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Honestly I think the idea of a Brawl veteran group makes sense (since the only 2 non-Brawl veterans left are the two least popular veteran choices).
Also, have the remaining cut vets in general are Pokémon (:pichumelee::ivysaur::squirtle:) so I don't see any of them being released individually (I'd welcome a three-for-one bundle with open arms; see my idea on the Pichu thread). :popo: have their respective issues (I'd welcome a Wii U exclusive character with open arms; it's not unfair if we're paying for the exclusive content, although, I imagine there'd be so much backlash to this. Leaving :snake:and :wolf:who would market a lot better than the Pokémon I'd say. So yeah, a Brawl pack would be lovely.

Making Young Link = Toon Link gives our cut vet list from Smash 4 list a lovely even number of 6.

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Also, have the remaining cut vets in general are Pokémon (:pichumelee::ivysaur::squirtle:) so I don't see any of them being released individually (I'd welcome a three-for-one bundle with open arms; see my idea on the Pichu thread). :popo: have their respective issues (I'd welcome a Wii U exclusive character with open arms; it's not unfair if we're paying for the exclusive content, although, I imagine there'd be so much backlash to this. Leaving :snake:and :wolf:who would market a lot better than the Pokémon I'd say. So yeah, a Brawl pack would be lovely.

Making Young Link = Toon Link gives our cut vet list from Smash 4 list a lovely even number of 6.
It make sense though. I mean we do have three characters from Melee (:4drmario:,:4mewtwo:,:4feroy:). It would just make so much more sense to have three characters from brawl, being :4lucas:, :wolf:, and :snake:.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Yeah I support you
A Brawl veterans United thread could be great!

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I am all in on all Vets.

I count Pokemon Trainer as a Character too somewhat but don't know how that would work unless he got his own (super customizable) move set.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Honestly I think the Ice Climbers support is bigger than you think even given the technical weirdness of the 3DS (which throwing this out there again, but they could be New 3DS/Wii U exclusives).

Even so, is that so much different from Snake being entirely owned by Konami, who vacation'd/let go'd the head of their biggest studio, and is also running a crazy good company into the ground likes crazies crazy fast???

I don't know man.

Ice Climbers and Snake fans need to the support they can get. Wolf, on the other hand, is locked like a NSA server.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Honestly I think the Ice Climbers support is bigger than you think even given the technical weirdness of the 3DS (which throwing this out there again, but they could be New 3DS/Wii U exclusives).

Even so, is that so much different from Snake being entirely owned by Konami, who vacation'd/let go'd the head of their biggest studio, and is also running a crazy good company into the ground likes crazies crazy fast???

I don't know man.

Ice Climbers and Snake fans need to the support they can get. Wolf, on the other hand, is locked like a NSA server.
I support the Ice Climbers--I often post on there :-p I just don't know whether they were cut because they couldn't get them to work or if they were cut because they weren't worth the time to try. If it's the latter than yes, that would be spell good news for them because if enough support is shown, they'd make a compromise for their inclusion. Pirate Ship DLC has broken the *All Paid DLC is Shared* rule--there seems to be alot of rule breaking with DLC--I'm hoping "Snake can't return due to Konami* is another "rule". While stages are not the same as characters, this is still a step closer to Ice Climbers as Wii U exclusive DLC.
Getting back to Snake, the way I see it, he is just as popular a vet as Wolf is--only people seem to be more inclined to give up on Snake due to his situation with Konami. It's somewhat a self-fulfilling prophecy

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
The PMDT is tapping into Snake's sneaking abilities. Would be too cool if Nintendo does this too.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if Snake was in Smash 4 and MGS5 was on the Wii U, and this was given out to players who owned both MGS5 and Smash 4:

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I don't feel like reading all the pages. Have I missed anything interesting?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I support the Ice Climbers--I often post on there :-p I just don't know whether they were cut because they couldn't get them to work or if they were cut because they weren't worth the time to try. If it's the latter than yes, that would be spell good news for them because if enough support is shown, they'd make a compromise for their inclusion. Pirate Ship DLC has broken the *All Paid DLC is Shared* rule--there seems to be alot of rule breaking with DLC--I'm hoping "Snake can't return due to Konami* is another "rule". While stages are not the same as characters, this is still a step closer to Ice Climbers as Wii U exclusive DLC.
Getting back to Snake, the way I see it, he is just as popular a vet as Wolf is--only people seem to be more inclined to give up on Snake due to his situation with Konami. It's somewhat a self-fulfilling prophecy
Very well laid out post.

This is most definitely a possibility as well, and one you covered very well if I do say so.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I tried drawing using the Smash 4 screenshot editor. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out:

EDIT: I fixed some of the issues in the main drawing, and I added that other miiverse sketch I said I would add

Last edited:

Spatman

Smash Ace
I tried drawing using the Smash 4 screenshot editor.

I have yet to post this on the Smash Miiverse page because I'm thinking of attaching a little miiverse sketch to the drawing, but i'm way too tired to make another quick sketch! But I really wanted to show it to you guys, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
really good!

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Here's a thought that I had with my brother recently

I have a conversation with my bro about Snake's chances in Smash and the excuse "Snake is too violent and his games are too serious and mature." and "Snake's model has been "dumb down" for brawl." For the excuse that Snake's model has been "dumb down": he may not have the guns, tranquilizer, or the knife that he had in the game, but he has the weapons from every moment of MGS legacy if I can name some:

Nikita: MGS (The Battle against Vulcan Raven)
RPG-7: MGS's battles against the Metal Gears and Hind D
Grenades: The battle against the tank in MGS and Peace Walker and being a well-rounded weapon in MGS
Cypher: Security bot from MGS2 (sorry, I'm lost with the significance here. Someone help me out)
Mines: Being a staple trap in MGS
C3/C4: MGS3 when destroying the Shagohod, Fatman's C4, and being significant in MGS tricky puzzles (and blowing up food storage cabins)

For the excuse on Snake and his games, We both agreed upon on the idea that there are themes in MGS that portray realism, but the game is pure Sci-Fi and fantasy, like how Otacon would say "It's just like one of my Japanese animes."

Then my brother brought out this point.

"When I played MGS, there was always a time that made me laugh or looked hilarious to me. When I played a Metroid game, the theme and tone is always serious. There was never a time where I laughed or it was funny to look at. Every moment was dark-toned and serious, but people will still count Metroid as a game that is not serious or too violent because it is not "real" or it is "pure sci-fi"."

Why do you think people automatically assume MGS is too Serious or too violent for a game like Smash when Metroid can portrayed similar themes if looked hard enough into it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom