• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
If Snake gets added then there should also be a new event. In it you select a character and then beat up Snake.

Event name: Snake-Beater
No. That was an achievement in MGS that you unlock when you make Snake...umm...jack off

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
No. That was an achievement in MGS that you unlock when you make Snake...umm...jack off
That's a real thing!?

Jack is disapointed

EDIT: I found an image. I can't describe it, I don't even know what to think about it, but it's something. (MGS3 spoilers)

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Horrible controls too

Well, it was released a year before the Wii U came out. A MGS launch title for the console could've been amazing.
Yeah without the CPP it's not that good, but with it it works great.

And I would have loved a metal Gear game for Wii u, but konami must have realized the Wii u was a flop after most third party games failed to sell or something. Sucks honestly.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I know that. *Insert Lenny Face*
That's a real thing!?

Jack is disapointed

EDIT: I found an image. I can't describe it, I don't even know what to think about it, but it's something. (MGS3 spoilers)
It's a real thing. You get by looking at a poster of a nude woman in MGS 2... Might have been 3.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here is some pictures of Kojima, Miyamoto, and some other guys that I don't know:

Here is a video of Miyamoto talking about MGS: The Twin Snakes:

Also last but not least, here are two pictures of Sakurai,Kojima, and some other woman playing Smash Bros. Brawl:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I should get around to playing the other Metal Gear games one day. So far only played the demo of Snake Eater 3D, and just bought Metal Gear Rising on Friday for my PC. (Gotta love Steam for a great library of games I might never find normally - looking at you, Strider)

As for the above picture, I think that woman might be Michiko Sakurai, if I'm not mistaken...

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here is a video of Kojima talking about the Nintendo 3DS and a game which was Snake Eater:
This was during E3 in 2010.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Such a lust for Pik Pik carrots.... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I hope my fellow Snake supporters appreciate the title change :troll:
Yes... although the sad thing about said quote is people don't get it why the phrase "WHOOOOOOO!?!?" is yelled.

It was yelled because the person who Psycho Mantis in TPP carries out the will of is the person with the most pent up anger. In the prologue he switches between the Undead Volgin and Snake. After that, Snake never gains control of him, especially around Volgin. Because now Volgin recognizes Snake, and he wants revenge after being left in that undead state for a few months shy of 2 entire decades.

During the sequence in which Skullface loses control of Sahelanthropus, it was because Pyscho Mantis went from carrying out Volgin's will to carrying out Eli's will, which was to kill everything. Eli was apparently the most angry of everyone, which was further enhanced by the chemical makeup of children (having more of said anger chemicals going through their brains than adults). Psycho Mantis then was controlling Sahelanthropus via Eli's will, which caused Skullface to die, the whole XOF unit to get wiped out, and Sahelanthropus to attack Snake.

Of course this is how Eli jacked Sahelanthropus, which is why Skullface was yelling "WHOOOOOOO!?!?". He was basically asking "who took control of Psycho Mantis?, and who has such a lust for revenge that it trumps Volgin's and my own?"

Later this draw to be controlled by anger is what lead to Psycho Mantis having a serial killer's thoughts take over his mind to make him a murdering psycho in the events before MGS1. Pretty cool how MGS V used this to further the relationship between Liquid Snake and Pysycho Mantis, and make both characters even more of BAMF's.

BTW I'm still pissed as hell that Mission 51 got cut. F you Konami. F you then, now, and forever for that. That sin is unforgivable. Konami is the true villain of the Metal Gear series all along. They are the mobile games/slot machine Patriots.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Took this amazing shots of the game via Steam snapshot when replaying this mission 3 weeks ago, and thought I'd share it.
upload_2015-10-17_21-12-45.png

Some day I want a snapshot like that on say an NX port of Smash Wii U (I got a feeling that is gonna happen) featuring Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Ryu. #ThirdPartyBoys

Edit: The best shots I took were from the prologue and the last super brutal mission (those who play the game should get this).

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here some cool fan art of Snake and some other Smash Bros. characters. Enjoy!:

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I was browsing through the Japanese Miiverse, and I found these really cool Snake drawings:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAABEVRTr3Fjztw

EDIT: I also want to add that Snake support seems to be really strong in Japan (or at least in the Japanese Miiverse). There are a lot less support drawings on the Japanese Miiverse, and the few that I came across were mostly Snake. They also had quite a few likes (this one in particular has over 100)

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Wolf sure hope that the Smash Bros. guys will bring him back.

He and Wolf will be back soon!!!! :snake::wolf: The last 2 remaining veterans who will be back as DLC!

Here are some more pictures of Snake and other Smash Bros. characters. Sorry about the long post but be sure to check out all of them! Enjoy!:

Here is a funny comic with Otacon and Snake talking about Pikachu:

Before Snake was in Smash Bros. Brawl, Snake was one of the characters that you can play in the game which is called DreamMix TV World Fighters which was only released in Japan:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wolf sure hope that the Smash Bros. guys will bring him back.

He and Wolf will be back soon!!!! :snake::wolf: The last 2 remaining veterans who will be back as DLC!

Here are some more pictures of Snake and other Smash Bros. characters. Sorry about the long post but be sure to check out all of them! Enjoy!:

Here is a funny comic with Otacon and Snake talking about Pikachu:

Before Snake was in Smash Bros. Brawl, Snake was one of the characters that you can play in the game which is called DreamMix TV World Fighters which was only released in Japan:
RIP Mobile Phone users.
Make sure to use Spoiler tags if you're going to post loads of images.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Since we're all sharing art here now, here's some of my favorites.

I have a thing for Snake Family AU.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I would propose a union between Snake + Wolf but I'm sure there those want one and not the other

Last edited:

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
After seeing all these images, I have come to the conclusion that Sneaking Suit Samus is best Samus :p

Megane-for-Life

Smash Cadet
NNID
megane-for-life
3DS FC
0533-5491-3147

I decided to look back at the codec calls from brawl. I forgot how amazing they were! Now I miss snake even more... and Mei Ling. Edit: Oh also I miss David Hayter Snake!

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So theres a headband wearing character from an ongoing classic video game series, who although having close ties to Nintendo in the past, their newest game isn't on the Wii U but they got a port for the 3ds.

Am I talking about :snake: Or :4ryu:? Their situations are not that different. And you know what I think Snake's chances are looking up, especially with the ballot.
After seeing all these images, I have come to the conclusion that Sneaking Suit Samus is best Samus :p
Is it weird that sneaking suit samus looks more official than the normal zero suit. Like in comparison the zero suit looks like someone's weird fan art design, I don't know I just feel like if samus was outside of her suit she still would be geared up to fight, rather than latex.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I would propose a union between Snake + Wolf but I'm sure there those want one and not the other
Well, There's me, you, Tino Tino , and, my friend, T Tahu Mata . Who all support Snake in that thread. Past that I think Johnknight1 Johnknight1 posts in that thread as well. There's also AlphaSSB AlphaSSB whom I think supports both.

Edit: And besides ALL that, I'm the head of the Wolf Support Twitter and constantly give shoutouts to the Snake Support Twitter. We are all fighting for a common purpose, so it makes sense that we would stick together.

All-in-all I don't think anyone in that thread opposes Snake. I think I remember all of us in that thread DEFENDING Snake in that thread against some random hater. Don't know why people hate on other characters in random threads that don't pertain to the one their in. Irksome.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Well, There's me, you, Tino Tino , and, my friend, T Tahu Mata . Who all support Snake in that thread. Past that I think Johnknight1 Johnknight1 posts in that thread as well. There's also AlphaSSB AlphaSSB whom I think supports both.

All-in-all I don't think anyone in that thread opposes Snake. I think I remember all of us in that thread DEFENDING Snake in that thread against some random hater. Don't know why people hate on other characters in random threads that don't pertain to the one their in. Irksome.
Yeah, I'm full on supporting both Wolf and Snake. My currently most wanted veterans.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Edit: And besides ALL that, I'm the head of the Wolf Support Twitter and constantly give shoutouts to the Snake Support Twitter. We are all fighting for a common purpose, so it makes sense that we would stick together.

I support both Snake and Wolf all the way, without a doubt.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Did... did I just get drafted into the Snake Support thread? Cool.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am completely neutral toward Wolf. If he got in, cool. If he didn't, I wouldn't be salty about it, as long as Snake also got in. I'm gonna be salty about every character getting in that isn't Snake without Snake also getting in though.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
okay I know this is really, really stupid and perhaps premature, but in the event that Snake does return as DLC, I had an idea of a celebratory gif we could make from this video from the mgs3 special theater.

If someone could plaster sakurai's face over the cia director when snake shakes his hand or while they're dancing in the flowers that would perfect. it doesn't even have to look that well made, i just want something funny we can spam if we get Snake back in. Im not that savvy when it comes to photoshop or gif making, so if any y'all want to try to give it a shot......

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Did... did I just get drafted into the Snake Support thread? Cool.
That's right, sonny. Now you get a shovel, some rope, half a gallon of water, and some pliers. You'll be out in the woods for five weeks--whether you want to be alive or not, that's your--wait--wrong thread. So you're not a supporter of Snake? Also Pichu :172::pichumelee:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
That's right, sonny. Now you get a shovel, some rope, half a gallon of water, and some pliers. You'll be out in the woods for five weeks--whether you want to be alive or not, that's your--wait--wrong thread. So you're not a supporter of Snake? Also Pichu :172::pichumelee:
You're not my Staff Sergeant! You can't tell me what to do! But, yeah, I support Snake. He's been in my Top 5 most wanted for a while now. I just haven't been active for anyone outside my Top 3.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I hereby declare this be the anthem of Snake supporters. (Someone should put this in MGS5)

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here even more fan art of him and the others! Sorry again, can anyone tell me how to put spoiler tags on them, I'am so confused:

Here is a bunch of comics of him and the others:

[

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Here even more fan art of him and the others! Sorry again, can anyone tell me how to put spoiler tags on them, I'am so confused:

Here is a bunch of comics of him and the others:

[

You create a spoiler tag with the following codes: [ spoiler] [/spoiler]

(Don't directly copy the code above, bring the [ and s together on the first part of the tag and it should work)

Example:

Yeah, I partially wanted an excuse to post this sketch :p

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hereby declare this be the anthem of Snake supporters. (Someone should put this in MGS5)
We have an anthem. And it's an anthem we'll blast across the web when Snake returns.
Love that song.

Top Bottom