• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I just think it's weird how people are so accepting of Snake's absence. Like "Oh, he was a one-time deal" "Only as a favor for Kojima". I mean, you did play as him in Brawl, right? Don't you want him back? "Nah, not really." :glare:..wut?

I think "too mature for Smash" can also be code for "not Nintendo" but either way his existence in Brawl kinda debunks this. Nintendo changing their minds is always a possibility--aside from Snake Eater 3D, Konami didn't exactly scratch Nintendo's back after Snake was in Smash so maybe they opted to avoid the character this time around. If this is in fact the case, he was a great ballot character as if his demand is big, Nintendo would compromise. Wolf, on the other hand, has no reason to be left out, aside from DLC priority.

Also, this may a bit far fetched, but remembering Mewtwo from Melee to Brawl, could Snake have been cut due to development time? Mewtwo wasn't a clone of anyone in Melee and he was cut in Brawl--heck, even this time he didn't make it into the base game even though his return was demanded for a while.

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I just think it's weird how people are so accepting of Snake's absence. Like "Oh, he was a one-time deal" "Only as a favor for Kojima". I mean, you did play as him in Brawl, right? Don't you want him back? "Nah, not really." :glare:..wut?
I honestly think Snake wouldn't have been in Brawl if Sakurai didn't like the idea. Snake was in Brawl because Sakurai like the idea and he wanted to add Snake to Smash. Not because Kojima was his friend and he will do anything for a friend, that's not how business or making gaming content works. If that was the case, then anyone that is Sakurai's "friend" can have influence on him and his decisions, which is just plain manipulation.

Also, this may a bit far fetched, but remembering Mewtwo from Melee to Brawl, could Snake have been cut due to development time? Mewtwo wasn't a clone of anyone in Melee and he was cut in Brawl--heck, even this time he didn't make it into the base game even though his return was demanded for a while.
There could be a chance that is the case. Snake was worked on in the beginning, but was let go due to development time. Hopefully this will mean he will come around as DLC

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I honestly think Snake wouldn't have been in Brawl if Sakurai didn't like the idea. Snake was in Brawl because Sakurai like the idea and he wanted to add Snake to Smash. Not because Kojima was his friend and he will do anything for a friend, that's not how business or making gaming content works. If that was the case, then anyone that is Sakurai's "friend" can have influence on him and his decisions, which is just plain manipulation.
Indeed, when Miyamoto (his friend and mentor) asked him to include Pac-Man, back in Brawl days, he said "No", because he wasn't sure about the idea.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Indeed, when Miyamoto (his friend and mentor) asked him to include Pac-Man, back in Brawl days, he said "No", because he wasn't sure about the idea.
lol I wonder what Miyamoto thought of Snake's inclusion--I can imagine him crossing his arms at the final product and being like "So Pac-Man didn't fit--but Snake does?"

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So apparently there are a max of six DLC slots. Who do you think are the 6 who would take them?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
So apparently there are a max of six DLC slots. Who do you think are the 6 who would take them?
Actually, it was observed that you could fit six characters in rather nicely. Apparently each character icon on the 3DS is 40 x 44. By cutting that 4 to make an even 40 x 40 square, it leaves room for six more icons the same size (including the Miis). The data, however, still shows only three slots (unless there was a new discovery). Three in the Winter and three next summer would be nice :)
Oh, but to answer your question
1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ballot
4. Ballot
5. Ballot
6. Pichu

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
If I had to wing it, I'll say
Snake
Wolf
Issac
King K Rool
Some unexpected character (well all of these would be unexpected to a degree)
And a rhythm heaven character. I say Karate man

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
6 Chars
1: K. Rool
2: Isaac
3: Inkling
4: Snake
5: Wolf
6: Someone. This is generally my wishlist. Never consistent outside of the top 4

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty

I think "too mature for Smash" can also be code for "not Nintendo" but either way his existence in Brawl kinda debunks this. Nintendo changing their minds is always a possibility--aside from Snake Eater 3D, Konami didn't exactly scratch Nintendo's back after Snake was in Smash so maybe they opted to avoid the character this time around. If this is in fact the case, he was a great ballot character as if his demand is big, Nintendo would compromise. Wolf, on the other hand, has no reason to be left out, aside from DLC priority.

solid snake is outdated we should have venom snake or big boss in my opinion.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, don't really seeing them making many newcomers right now. We are at 1/4, so I would think 2-3 would be it of the last six:

Descending order in the Newer Comers

Inkling (Newcomer)
K.Rool (New Comer)
Dixie (slight Diddy clone)
Snake (Brawl Vet)
Wolf (Brawl Vet)
Pichu (Melee Vet)

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
If there were to be six, i think they would be

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Shovel Knight
4. Shantae
5. Inkling
6. King K. Rool

Honorable mention to Professor Layton

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
We could have a battle of this:
:snake::4myfriends: vs.:4feroy::4ryu:
100x Yes! We can also have:
:4mario: vs :4sonic: vs :snake: vs :4megaman: vs :4pacman: vs :4ryu:
or an Earthlings fight
:4littlemac: (Bronx, NY) vs :4ryu: (Japan) vs :snake: (USA) vs :4wiifit: (Worldwide I guess?) vs :4zss: (Born in a Earth colony)
or a Explosive fight (fight with only explosives)
:snake: vs :4link: vs :4tlink: vs:4sheik: vs :4samus: vs:4megaman: vs :4duckhunt: vs :4bowserjr:

That's all I got, anyone else?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
100x Yes! We can also have:
:4mario: vs :4sonic: vs :snake: vs :4megaman: vs :4pacman: vs :4ryu:
or an Earthlings fight
:4littlemac: (Bronx, NY) vs :4ryu: (Japan) vs :snake: (USA) vs :4wiifit: (Worldwide I guess?) vs :4zss: (Born in a Earth colony)
or a Explosive fight (fight with only explosives)
:snake: vs :4link: vs :4tlink: vs:4sheik: vs :4samus: vs:4megaman: vs :4duckhunt: vs :4bowserjr:

That's all I got, anyone else?
Bounty Hunter Fight (not sure if Snake counts)

:4myfriends:vs:4falcon:vs:4samus:vs:wolf:vs:snake:

That's all i've got so far. Probably add more as time goes on

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
If there were to be six, i think they would be

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Shovel Knight
4. Shantae
5. Inkling
6. King K. Rool

Honorable mention to Professor Layton
yay for Layton.

1. wolf
2. inkling
3. K. rool
4. Hopefully Snake
5. Wild card ( if it was by want i'd choose Professor Layton )
6. Wild card ( if it was by want i'd choose Bandanna dee)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, then hopefully Wolf and Snake and make the rest newcomers.

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why do you think people automatically assume MGS is too Serious or too violent for a game like Smash when Metroid can portrayed similar themes if looked hard enough into it?
Because Metal Gear isn't "Nintendo enough." Also because Metal Gear has torture (Big Boss gets brutalized in MGS3, Huey and Quiet get beaten pretty badly in TPP, and we hear Chico and Paz get terribly tortured multipled times in Ground Zeroes) , r*** (off screen, but it's still in MGS 3, V [though it is on the tape there which is pretty freaking disturbing], and is a possibility it happens in 1 too), murders, actual real world psychopaths, blood, gore, mutilations, genocide/extermination of people groups (as a central theme), nuclear weapons, child soldiers, anti-*insert country here, especially American and Russia* messages (those two nations are arguably the greatest evil in the franchise's story along with arguably the UK and China), guns galore, giant death machines, and so on.

Metal Gear also is set in a fictionalized version of Earth, so it feels "closer to home." Thus, it feels more grounded and is more grounded in reality. Heck the whole "Patriot AI" deal isn't too far off what various spy agencies like the CIA and NSA do. Heck, this is the logo of a NSA satellite launched by NASA last year, and said satellites' purpose isn't too far off from the Patriot's goal of having total access to people.

That said, Solid Snake (certainly not Big Boss; he turns full super heel in MGS V after being a heel in Peace Walker and mostly a heel in Portable Ops) is a lot more peaceful than Samus. Although he loves the battlefield, he hates war, death, and seeing others in pain. He also primarily uses non-lethal weaponry, and the game rewards you for not getting kills.
I don't know if this has been posted here, but Project M is amazing:
Glad to see the top strats from MGS2, 3, 4, and V finally make it into Project M! :snake:

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Did you know that :snake: vs. :4megaman: vs.:4ryu: is a battle of the Video Game Class of 1987?

Or that none of the Nintendo-owned (1st/2nd party characters) or the alternates of those characters debuted in 1987?

All 3 of those aforementioned series also debuted in that year (Konami's Metal Gear and Capcom's Mega Man and Street Fighter).

Two other major 3rd party IP's and one TITAN 3rd party IP also launched that year.

SEGA's Phantasy Star and Konami's Contra being the 1st 2. Both positively changed their respective genres in major ways.

The TITAN series was Square Enix's (then Square Soft) Final Fantasy, one of the biggest brands in gaming.

Kinda makes me want Black Mage in Smash more than ever, lol.

The fact that those 6 incredible IP's were practically the only IP's to launch in that year is pretty spectacular.

If 2017 gave us half that number of new IP's that were half that good that would be a great year.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
So, aside from Snake, are there any really out of left field, no chance fighters you guys would like in?
Simon Belmont, Phoenix Wright, and the Monster Hunter guy for me.
Satisfied with that Mii Costume, really.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I doubt we will really get 6 characters, but if that is the case...
Expectations
-Wolf
-King K. Rool
-Snake
-Inkling
-Isaac
-Bandana Dee

What I would pick
-Snake
-King K. Rool
-Shantae
-Pichu
-Layton
-Bandana Dee

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So i had a essay project in English class a couple weeks ago, our assignment was to rhetorically analyse a music video. at first i did it over a standard music video of my choice, but that proved a bit difficult to write deeply about. I then asked my teacher if i could write the paper over a trailer instead. I explained that visuals paralleled meaning of the song featured in it and my teacher allowed me to do this.

The song? Nuclear by Mike Oldfield. You know Which trailer I chose.

I was a bit worried since I didn't exactly specify to my teacher that it was a trailer from a video game since i thought she might shoot it down, but afterwards she said she really liked my paper and i got an 85. (probably got some points taken off since i was rushing to get it done at the end and i had to turn it in online by 12 at night. I finished at 11:50)

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
So, aside from Snake, are there any really out of left field, no chance fighters you guys would like in?
There is one fighter that my siblings hyped so much on, but probably doesn't have a chance was Nightmare from Soul Edge/Soul Calibur series.

We imagine his trailer to start out as any Soul Calibur game with the infamous quote while showing off all the sword fighters in SM4SH: "transcending history and the world, A tale of swords and souls internally retold." then you hear Nightmare saying behind a black screen "Souls, Come unto me!" and the Soul Edge appears out of fire with Nightmare picking up the sword, then SPLASH ART.

Nightmare needs more souls!

Another one was Sephiroth in which his trailer would have One Winged Angel playing. That theme always gives me chills and such even since his appearance in KH1

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Simon Belmont, Crono, or Sora.
and pichu

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
http://strawpoll.me/5806343
here is another one. I swear this is the last one I'll make--no themes--characters who have been shot down were removed (Ice Climbers and Ridely).
No fair lumping Snake with Pichu like that. I can't vote on that one. I absolutely want Snake but I also absolutely don't want to see Pichu back in Smash Bros ever again. :dizzy:

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ballot (Inkling?)
4. Ballot (Dixie Kong?)
5. Ballot (Waddle Dee?)
6. Ballot (Third Party?)

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
No fair lumping Snake with Pichu like that. I can't vote on that one. I absolutely want Snake but I also absolutely don't want to see Pichu back in Smash Bros ever again. :dizzy:

1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Ballot (Inkling?)
4. Ballot (Dixie Kong?)
5. Ballot (Waddle Dee?)
6. Ballot (Third Party?)
Wait..so you didn't vote because you would gain a character you didn't want? And yeah..I stopped advertising the second poll--basically for a similar reason. I thought it would be interesting to see which choice people would select. Also

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So i had a essay project in English class a couple weeks ago, our assignment was to rhetorically analyse a music video. at first i did it over a standard music video of my choice, but that proved a bit difficult to write deeply about. I then asked my teacher if i could write the paper over a trailer instead. I explained that visuals paralleled meaning of the song featured in it and my teacher allowed me to do this.

The song? Nuclear by Mike Oldfield. You know Which trailer I chose.

I was a bit worried since I didn't exactly specify to my teacher that it was a trailer from a video game since i thought she might shoot it down, but afterwards she said she really liked my paper and i got an 85. (probably got some points taken off since i was rushing to get it done at the end and i had to turn it in online by 12 at night. I finished at 11:50)
I'm doing snake eater for a music project in a class. I'm not really familiar with music, so I am glad that metal Gear has some good songs.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing snake eater for a music project in a class. I'm not really familiar with music, so I am glad that metal Gear has some good songs.
For my band exam last year, I played the vocal verse of Heavens Divide on my trumpet.

Also, I got a voice recording/editing in-class assignment for my audio class last week, so I re-created the box codec from MGS3 while doing my best Snake and Sigint impressions. I was belting those lines and geting way too in-character. When I finished recording, the entire class was filled with silence and confusion. It was wonderful.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
In the Gronzyj Grad stage, Ocelot could root for the fighters and sometimes would help them out by throwing items for them and say lines for all fighters such as "Here Mario! Use this!" and "Snake! Catch this!" After a minute, the Shagohod activate and suddenly, a platform lifts all fighters out of the pit, having the Shagohod chase it down.

This stage could look like this:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In the Gronzyj Grad stage, Ocelot could root for the fighters and sometimes would help them out by throwing items for them and say lines for all fighters such as "Here Mario! Use this!" and "Snake! Catch this" After a minute, the Shagohod activate and suddenly, a platform lifts all fighters out of the pit, having the Shagohod chase it down.

This stage could look like this:
"Pretty Good" idea. Speaking of which...
Have Ocelot say "You're pretty good" when someone gets a KO and it's an 11/10 for me

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
:4shulk:Here Snake's Codec about Shulk.
Snake: Otacon, who is this guy with the red sword on his back.
Otacon: That's Shulk! The sword that he is carry on his back is called The Monado which is a powerful sword that can destroyed Mechon!"
Snake:"You mean Metal Gear?"
Otacon: "No, Mechon! Anyway, Shulk can see the future, there were 5 Monado Arts that Shulk can use to attack which were Jump, Speed, Shield, Buster,and Smash.
But watch out Snake, he use this move called Vision which he can predict anyone's attacks including yours and deliver a swift counterattack!"
Snake: "Ugh! This guy is going to be really tough to beat."

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Etika's New poll (Not that it really means anything...):
http://strawpoll.me/5813790/
Hey everytime we can show that snake is wanted it means something. Retweet it to konami, post it on message boards, metal gear boards especially, let all snake fans know our struggle is real and that we need their vote.

Now go let the legend come back to life!

Last edited:
Top Bottom