• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Random question.. :v

What's ya'll favorite Metal Gear quote?
Mine would be either "You're pretty good" or "Kept you waiting, huh?" . :p
"You are decently alright." - Magnum Cat

"You certainly aren't mediocre." - Pistol Bobcat

"You're fairly okay." - Pump-action Puma

"You can be moderately satisfactory." - Automatic Adamska

"You are better than decent." - Kalashnikov Kitten

"You are above average." - Luger Lynx

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So this area is being closed. It's a shame too. Hopefully our group will have a causal social thread. As for my favorite MGS Quotes:

"Don't regret your past. Learn from it."
"A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his."
"We've inherited freedom from those who fought for it."
"There's no right part in murder."
"This is good, isn't it?"
"Cry for me."
"Cry if you need to."
"I will be there to listen."
Sniper Wolf Boss Fights
Crying Wolf Boss Fight
Naomi's Speech at the end of MGS
Solid Snake's Speech at the end of MGS2
Big Boss' speech at the end of MGS4

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Guys, do you think this picture is a coincidence? Since Roy was revealed after this was shown, the same could happen to Snake.:

I'am unsure about it, so what do you think? Is Sakurai teasing a sneaking surprise for us?

This picture is fake, but it look like he is in Smash 4, this could show how he could look like if he is in:

I think this picture had been shown before, but it look real. OMG! STOP TAUNTING ME SAKURAI!! WHY YOU HAVE TO TEASE ME LIKE THIS SAKURAI?!!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has anyone remade the Snake thread thread in the new social forum oni333 made yet? Just wanna know

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
They are really closing these threads again? ugh

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Apparently the character boards are going to be closing.
....again? Ugh, WHY?

Ugh. The obsession with Snake and Samus can be off-putting at times.
Speaking of which, I always wondered what it would be like Samus never got over her trauma of Ridley and, say, got recruited into the Beauty and the Beast unit, or at least something that references it... What would that be like?

Personally, I imagine ZSS in some metallic Ridley suit flying around and attacking. The bad guys in a Smash 4 story mode could have recruited her from alternate dimension. ...Why? Because then having Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, and the Robins being separate beings would make sense. ...Canon-wise at least.

Random question.. :v

What's ya'll favorite Metal Gear quote?
Mine would be either "You're pretty good" or "Kept you waiting, huh?" . :p
There are probably some I forgot, but here:

"I'm the pawn they sent to save your worthless butt"

---

I might post my idea for a new Metal Gear stage (yet again) if there's time. Groznyj Grad from MGS3.

----

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Ok, as this thread is going to be closed in a few days, I just want to show you some things:
Does this guy remind you of Snake and David Hayter?

Did you know that MGS 2 Sons of Liberty, there was a reference of him when Snake name himself Iroquois Pliskin when meeting with Raiden for the first time and also Iroquois mean Snake.

Also I suppose this were some references to Snake in this picture:

Do you notice any of them?

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Before Smash Bros was released, there was a video where Geoff Keighley which he is one of the judges at the Smash Bros. Invitational tournament interview Hideo Kojima about Snake returning to Smash (video start at 29:00):

Did you know that the MGS composer Nobuka Toda was on the composer list on the Smash Bros website?

Did you also know that a Gamespot Interview back in 2014 where Gamespot asked a representative if Snake was going to be in.
He respond to him by saying this " We have not announced Solid Snake." Then Gamespot say " So a big question mark?" They really didn't denying or confirming that he was going to be in. Maybe they are holding him for a big, sneaking surprise which nobody know. I don't know what going to happen next, but we see.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So I'm going full nerd mode. What are you favorite Snake ships? Mine are Snakus, Otasune, and SnakexMeryl.

My sister ships BBSnake she is a beacon of sin what have I done wrong

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Apparently Snake want to eat Greninja.

For those of you don't know the blue ninja frog in the last panel of the comic. That was Dororo from Sgt. Frog.

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
So I'm going full nerd mode. What are you favorite Snake ships? Mine are Snakus, Otasune, and SnakexMeryl.

My sister ships BBSnake she is a beacon of sin what have I done wrong
I have always had a thing for Snake and Samus. I have been planning to make several drawings of them through Art Academy later on. Finished one and working on one now.

Having so many hidden things probably hinting to Snake can't be a coincidence.....
These hints of Snake can't be. They even bluntly mention Snake in the 50 fact extravaganza, so they haven't forgotten about him. Everything just fits so well with the "Kept you waiting, huh?" announcement. I just hope that will be the case.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Snake love the box car:

(The car is the Scion xB.)

Also bonus pictures:

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Before Smash Bros was released, there was a video where Geoff Keighley which he is one of the judges at the Smash Bros. Invitational tournament interview Hideo Kojima about Snake returning to Smash (video start at 29:00):

Did you know that the MGS composer Nobuka Toda was on the composer list on the Smash Bros website?

Did you also know that a Gamespot Interview back in 2014 where Gamespot asked a representative if Snake was going to be in.
He respond to him by saying this " We have not announced Solid Snake." Then Gamespot say " So a big question mark?" They really didn't denying or confirming that he was going to be in. Maybe they are holding him for a big, sneaking surprise which nobody know. I don't know what going to happen next, but we see.
EDIT: Link for Gamespot interview (start it as 6:50) http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds/2300-6419576/
/EDIT

Yeah! I talked one month before on this thread about this interview and the other one on Twich about "the pseudo situation of Konami and how he begged because he don't talked with Sakurai for smash 4" (in my opinion Kojima is joking, just watch the other questions of the interview, more serious answers)

Hey officially Snake isn't cut for Smash
If Namco, Sakurai and Kojima (joking) says that Snake stills officially not rejected, it's a great news, not like other characters as Ridley or Pokemon Trainer officially rejected.
Less if the MG composer collaborates on this game (SSB4).

Source for more info:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...te_compilation_of_snake_information/?sort=top
Some old but great and helpful info

Please don't get angry random users and writers : (

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here is a picture of Snake and Little Mac (This was taken in Brawl.)
Imagine if this is Smash 4:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Apparently Snake want to eat Greninja.

For those of you don't know the blue ninja frog in the last panel of the comic. That was Dororo from Sgt. Frog.
Awww poor Dororo.

If there's a possibility that the new Snake thread appears, I would like to become a new supporter of this group. Snake was a solid addition in the roster and it was a shame that all of the Metal Gear content from Brawl was cut along with Snake.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
If Snake return to Smash. We should have a battle of this:
:4mario:,:snake:,:4littlemac:,:4falcon: vs. :4feroy:,:4marth:,:4ryu:,:4greninja:
(US Alt.
for Mario)
America Japan

Bonus Pictures:

Translation:
Cpt. Falcon: Girl, I’ll invite you to anywhere you want
Snake: I’ll invite you to my box
Megaman:….
Little Mac:…?

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Can someone invite me to the super cool new character social or whatever? I don't want to miss the action.

And still no news about DLC? I'm not even expecting a character, but maybe an announcement of an announcement would be nice. It's just plain boring now.

EDIT: Thanks, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon .

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Will get started on that epilogue for the thread tomorrow maybe. If anyone else wants to write their own that'd be cool. Hopefully I can time it right and post it sometime before they close the thread.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Apparently there's at least one direct coming before the end of the year. I suppose all our questions and speculation will be answered there.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Does this thread have an invite? I hope so!

Also imo snake has a good chance guys.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It appears that you've been invited already. Try checking through your inbox.

In other news, Scoliosis is finally done with the new Snake thread. Check it out if you all please.
Great, see you all there I guess.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Am I invited guys? I don't know because I just can't wait to see the fun! So why is this thread closing down for good?

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Did you know that the guy who voice Pit actually voice Chico Libre in MGS Phantom Pain, Peace Walker, and Ground Zeroes? It would be funny and cool to see Snake interacting with Pit in Palutena's Guidance. Yea, guys I know I bring that up a long time ago. But I want to let you know again that he voice that character.

Oh! here have some pictures!

The box that Kirby is holding is a actual food product called CalorieMate which was actually sold in Japan:

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So they are trying to end us again eh? Figures, the only bastion of good snake fans around and now we have to regroup elsewhere. So wheres the next destination? who do i have to pm?

Top Bottom