• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here a funny comic about Snake and Otacon with Amiibos.

I found this comic when I was looking around on Google images.

Here is a Smash related pictures of Snake with some Amiibo figures of a few Smash Bros. characters.

Do you guys know what should Snake's pose should be like in his artwork if he get in Smash Bros.?

Also. considered we may not get any alt. costumes for Snake like the other 4 third party characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:)
It will probably be reskins of Snake.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Hey guys, here a funny comic about Snake and Otacon with Amiibos.

I found this comic when I was looking around on Google images.

Here is a Smash related pictures of Snake with some Amiibo figures of a few Smash Bros. pictures.

Do you guys know what should Snake's pose should be like in his artwork if he get in Smash Bros.?

Also. considered we may not get any alt. costumes for Snake like the other 4 four third party characters (:4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu:)
It will probably be reskins of Snake.
Regarding the pose Snake might have for his potential Smash 4 render, I don't see it being too different to what he had in Brawl. While cool as it is, I don't think they'll put him in a box since it'll mess the renders up, not to mention somewhat out of place. It could also be done in the pose of his official art from the Metal Gear games...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Let's be fair here though. Games typically cost more than cinema tickets.
Still, Having a better opening than Ultron (which I believe had the best day 1 opening(?) and the third highest grossing film this year (so far)) is, as Ocelot would say, Pretty Good.
True, the price of admission is far greater so getting to that amount makes sense, but the budget was also much smaller then AOU so it says something about games being a medium that can stand higher then even movies in some cases. Its pretty impressive either way

The ballot was one way that we can show Sakurai and Konami that we wanted Snake in Smash. The snake amiibo retweet by Kojima and Konami retweeting someone's vote was really cool on their part. Makes it feel like they want Snake in the game too. Maybe showing off creative things can boost up their notice for us wanting Snake in the game. I do a bit of art and I have drawings on Miiverse, but I don't think I'm much help there.
A few of those tweets were mine, i know konami has retweeted 2 of them at least, and kojima did for that one. The snake amiibo one got almost 2000 re-tweets/favorites (some of which i still get every few days even now), i dont think any other frontrunners have gotten close to something like that, not even any k rool ones or shantae if im correct. But yeah artwork of any kind is a good way to go, our fandom needs some good devianartists to get some more notice.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
This thread makes me sad, I was playing Brawl and my life can't be complete without Wolf and Snake.

Also, part of me wants to play MGSV but I am still pretty disappointed with the last games.

...And I don't have a PS4 or don't plant to get it soon just for one game that I will probably end up hating. I think i'll wait for KH3 and Uncharted 4 so I can get MGSV when I get bored of those two.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
And Kojima is a DOUCHEBAG. He could've gotten Snake in if he wanted to when Sm4sh was still being developed, now Konami is on the verge of going bankrupt and they probably won't do it, for obvious reasons.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And Kojima is a DOUCHEBAG. He could've gotten Snake in if he wanted to when Sm4sh was still being developed, now Konami is on the verge of going bankrupt and they probably won't do it, for obvious reasons.
It seemed that Sakurai nor Namco actually made the offer to bring Snake back, because according to an interview with Kojima regarding Snake, he said that he [Kojima] hadn't been working on Smash 4 and hadn't been approached by anyone about Snake returning.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
It seemed that Sakurai nor Namco actually made the offer to bring Snake back, because according to an interview with Kojima regarding Snake, he said that he [Kojima] hadn't been working on Smash 4 and hadn't been approached by anyone about Snake returning.
Sakurai's inflated ego didn't want more third parties overshadowing his clones and Kid Icarus characters. /SmashGamefaqs

But seriously, maybe Sakurai approached them as the game was already finished so Snake could be DLC but then they said no, it seems like something Kojima and Konami would do.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
@Knux27 "On the Roy DLC thread, someone (jokingly) said after the April 1st Direct, about the Mewtwo trailer. "Mewtwo reflected Roy's(Bowser Jr. Alt) cannon ball back at him! Roy is coming back!" "

I noticed a similar thing with the Lucas trailer. Lucas used Rope Snake, towards Prince of Sable in his snake form"

You gotta admit, the fact that it was Roy of all the Koopalings is really something. Same with the Lucas thing (although it doesn't stand out). If you couldn't tell that post was from dozens of pages back--I've been skimming through the Snake thread and let me tell you, it really puts things into perspective for me. Making this character big and revolving the entirety of Brawl advertising around his inclusion and then flat out cutting him from Smash 4 is annoying. It is annoying to the point where it's on par with people's stupid reasoning that he shouldn't return.
Trophies of Smash Veterans like Wolf, Lucas, Ivysaur and Squirtle are one thing--but Snake doesn't even have that--and a lot of things acknowledge how great he was in Brawl--and yet, nothing has confronted the obvious question of why he isn't here now.
(I have to shoot down the Ice Climbers to an extent for this) The Ice Climbers, while their being the only two-time veteran cut hurt, were provided with reasonable explanation of why they were cut from the base game and how they tried as hard as they could for their inclusion.
But while Snake is no two-timer--he was a special inclusion the roster (which I personally thinks levels him to Ice Climbers). I'm accepting the possibility that he might not return--but I think we're entitled to know why :p

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
@Knux27 "On the Roy DLC thread, someone (jokingly) said after the April 1st Direct, about the Mewtwo trailer. "Mewtwo reflected Roy's(Bowser Jr. Alt) cannon ball back at him! Roy is coming back!" "

I noticed a similar thing with the Lucas trailer. Lucas used Rope Snake, towards Prince of Sable in his snake form"

You gotta admit, the fact that it was Roy of all the Koopalings is really something. Same with the Lucas thing (although it doesn't stand out). If you couldn't tell that post was from dozens of pages back--I've been skimming through the Snake thread and let me tell you, it really puts things into perspective for me.
Show sum respect with the other snakes

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This article should prove to any non believer that snake and his series are far above the cut opposed to how they try to downplay his significance to gaming or that he isn't as big as other third parties
Budget: $80,000,000 USD, including the creation of the Fox Engine.
Day 1 Revenue: $179,000,000 USD.
Week 1 Sales: Roughly 3,000,000 copies.
Chart Status: Topped the charts in every nation, and topped PC and PS4 sales for at least a month.

Status of the Game: Small portions of Chapter 1 removed, huge portions of Chapter 2 removed including at least one know storyline ending (Mission 51... your absence is THE REAL Phantom Pain), and all of Chapter 3 removed entirely. Entire staff of Kojima Productions is fired, and much of them tortured thanks to lax Japanese labor laws. Gameplay issues abound; porting issues on all consoles, including PC, where there are graphical artifact issues, ghost key issues (that were in Ground Zeroes), and a mission you can't take back the results of. The cutscene that was the focal point of the opening and ending of the E3 2014 trailer isn't in the game, neither is the mission or storyline segment that involves it. Various cutscenes shown in the E3 2013 aren't in the game, namely the ones involving child soldiers.

*turns on sarcasm font*

Thank you modern Japanese video game studios. No really, thanks. Your CEO's and stockholders are clearly the best businessmen in the world. Your customers will be loyal, and your riches will be plentiful.

Konami: The company that sold the video game world.

Thanks for killing the Snake's franchises future once and for all for us Konami...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This article should prove to any non believer that snake and his series are far above the cut opposed to how they try to downplay his significance to gaming or that he isn't as big as other third parties
I'm expecting a comic or something like that where Ultron is like "frigging really?"

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Morpho is a terrible pilot. Makes Intel operative rescue harder than it should be.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys would like to have Snake's character profile/pose be?
I think it would be cool to have a pose of him in his Codec calling pose, a sneak walk pose, or another power pose like his brawl profile.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I think it would be cool to have a pose of him in his Codec calling pose, a sneak walk pose, or another power pose like his brawl profile.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Something like this minus the background:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Perhaps Nintendo thought Snake's inclusion in Brawl signified more Metal Gear Games on Nintendo platforms but since that didn't happen as much as they wanted, they were against his inclusion this time around. It would explain why his initial inclusion was "allowed". Someone prove me wrong and reassure me :(

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
If Snake gets added then there should also be a new event. In it you select a character and then beat up Snake.

Event name: Snake-Beater

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Personally, I actually really like the post that "Boss" is in during the sortie for MGSV. Take the gun in his hand away and make him look more like Solid Snake, and it's a pretty awesome pose to be in.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys here are some pictures of Kojima showing Snake in Smash Bros at the 2007 TGS:

Here is a picture of Sakurai ,Kojima, and some other Konami employees.
Sakurai seem very happy with him.

Last edited:

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys here are some pictures of Kojima showing Snake in Smash Bros at the 2007 TGS:

I would love to see this again for smash 4. Probably we won't get something in the same calibur as when snake was in brawl for this though, but seeing him as dlc would be a dream come true.

Seeing how this one man and his team is pushing so hard for this one game and yet still have the joyful composure and fun times just like how he is having in this photo. Wow Sakurai and the smash team...you guys deserve a lot of respect. I salut to your great and humble-ness towards us fans.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Personally, I actually really like the post that "Boss" is in during the sortie for MGSV. Take the gun in his hand away and make him look more like Solid Snake, and it's a pretty awesome pose to be in.
*salutes* "It's beginning to get a little crowded here boss..."

That certainly would work as a pose. If Big Boss/Naked Snake is an alt character for Solid Snake, that would be an ideal pose for him. The previously posted MGS4 Old Snake pose and MGS1 art pose make a lot of sense, especially since a lot of Smash 4 poses are based off artwork.

However, I would suggest this pose from MGS2 artwork, sans the gun.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
New Smash 4 DLC leak!?

This one's got footage guys, I think it's legit!

Seeing stuff like this really gives me hope. Sakurai, Kojima, and (gasp) Konami look like they had a blast bringing Snake to Brawl!
Perhaps Nintendo thought Snake's inclusion in Brawl signified more Metal Gear Games on Nintendo platforms but since that didn't happen as much as they wanted, they were against his inclusion this time around. It would explain why his initial inclusion was "allowed". Someone prove me wrong and reassure me :(
Sadly, it is possible, and as much as I hate saying this, what if Nintendo has a grudge against Snake now due to bringing his character to Smash. He only had one main Nintendo appearance since Brawl, and it was from an admittedly flawed remake of a game that wasn't even on a Nintendo console that was also released closely to a multi-platform hd collection that had the original version of that game, along with MGS2, Peace Walker, MG, MG2, and a downloadable version of MGS1! (I still love you, MGS3D!). It couldn't have been released at a worse time!

It's almost surprising how Konami didn't take advantage of Snake's appearance in Brawl. Konami opened a huge Nintendo audience to Metal Gear, and many of that audience don't own anything but Nintendo consoles. If they would have put more effort into bringing Metal Gear to Nintendo, they could have struck a gold mine! Many of my friends love Snake's character in Smash and are very interested in Metal Gear, but they can't get deep into the series because they only buy Nintendo consoles!

I don't know what Konami is planning with the Metal Gear series for the future, but I wish there was some way to prove to Nintendo and Konami that there is a massive, starving Nintendo audience that is craving some Metal Gear that isn't just a flawed remake that came out at a bad time.

EDIT: I would love to see exclusive spin-off games that play like Peace Walker or Portable ops come to the 3ds. I think that type of game would work perfectly on the 3DS. They don't have to be connected to the Solid series, and considering how much of a moneymaker the 3ds is, a well made exclusive Metal Gear game could be a great, not horribly expensive way for Konami to bring the Metal Gear series back to it's Nintendo audience. Not to mention a great way for Konami to get the moniez that they love.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Eh. Street Fighter 5 is currently a PS4 exclusive so who knows (seeing how there technically advertising for Sony with his inclusion). Hopefully bias doesn't get in the way of what fans want.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Eh. Street Fighter 5 is currently a PS4 exclusive so who knows (seeing how there technically advertising for Sony with his inclusion). Hopefully bias doesn't get in the way of what fans want.
I guess I was getting a little over-worked with my rant there, I didn't even consider Ryu's involvement with Smash :x

The situation probably isn't as bad as I made it seem, I doubt Nintendo would keep grudges over things like Smash Bros, that would be very unprofessional. But they might have expected a bit more Metal Gear on Nintendo since Brawl, so they decided that Snake wasn't as much of a priority for Smash 4. I doubt that they would just ignore the fact that Snake was a very popular character in Brawl and decide to never include him again.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
I'm still mad at Nintendo releasing that ****ty MGS3 remake for 3DS. It was easier to port the HD remake to Wii U instead of doing tha.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm still mad at Nintendo releasing that ****ty MGS3 remake for 3DS. It was easier to port the HD remake to Wii U instead of doing tha.
I don't get how it's ****ty? If had more gameplay features than the other versions(can never play another mgs without crouch walking) and 3d. Only thing it didn't do well was framerate, but it's the same as the original ps2.

I would have preferred a Wii u release of the HD collection, but it came out before the Wii u was released.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I don't get how it's ****ty? If had more gameplay features than the other versions(can never play another mgs without crouch walking) and 3d. Only thing it didn't do well was framerate, but it's the same as the original ps2.

I would have preferred a Wii u release of the HD collection, but it came out before the Wii u was released.
Plus, the controls felt great with the CPP, and the touch screen menus were very intuitive. The re-done graphics looked pretty nice as well, but the 3DS's smaller resolution than even the PS2 made it harder to see those changes. If the 3DS version was ported to the Wii U, the visual upgrades would be far more noticeable, the game would play great, and there would be none of those dreaded framerate issues.

Throw in the other MGS games along with Twin Snakes, and you got yourself the perfect MGS bundle!

EDIT:
Horrible controls too

Well, it was released a year before the Wii U came out. A MGS launch title for the console could've been amazing.
I would argue that with the CPP, it's the best controlling version of Snake Eater. I can't say how it controls without it though, I never tried that.

Last edited:

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792

Horrible controls too

Well, it was released a year before the Wii U came out. A MGS launch title for the console could've been amazing.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Horrible controls too

I thought the controls were fine, I never had a real problem with them. Maybe it's a presence thing but I really loved playing that game close up to my face while lying in bed, really helped me get immersed into it.

I played twin snakes and mgs3D and I thought they were just as good as the other versions. Also unpopular opinion time! I like the twin snakes remake better than the original.

Top Bottom