• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
The rimlight on certain models look wierd in brawlbox .76, but in earlier versions it looked just fine, try previewing the model in a previous version. The rimlight should look alright in game.
No I previewed it in game and it looked weird. also i made the rimlight with the older version as i made it a few days back.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
No I previewed it in game and it looked weird. also i made the rimlight with the older version as i made it a few days back.
Refer back to Edel's tutorial and be sure to check up on those easy to miss details like:
Setting texture matrix to true if possible
The format of the edge texture to CMPR
Etc.
Maybe the shaders need the Delfino fix if possible?

Edit: @ Zarx1554 Zarx1554 one more thing; the spiky eared pichu model has some weird behavior in game, be sure that it shows up in a match just in case...

Last edited:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
Refer back to Edel's tutorial and be sure to check up on those easy to miss details like:
Setting texture matrix to true if possible
The format of the edge texture to CMPR
Etc.
Maybe the shaders need the Delfino fix if possible?

Edit: @ Zarx1554 Zarx1554 one more thing; the spiky eared pichu model has some weird behavior in game, be sure that it shows up in a match just in case...
I got it to work

But on her Uair and Dair there's this weird glow on her hair and eyes. Is this normal?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't keep the intense rimlight effect and just go with the more subtle one...

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I got it to work

But on her Uair and Dair there's this weird glow on her hair and eyes. Is this normal?

I'm wondering if I shouldn't keep the intense rimlight effect and just go with the more subtle one...
The eyes may be a PSA thing, but I definitely reccomend the newer edge texture for rimlighting (again, refer to edel's tutorial, since that is also in there as well)
It's looking really good so far too. :)

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Both Zelda's up air and down air have a Flash Light Effect, and it seems that some of the objects of that model have some problems with it. I don't know how to fix that other than reimporting the model and losing all shaders and materials for the default ones.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
The eyes may be a PSA thing, but I definitely reccomend the newer edge texture for rimlighting (again, refer to edel's tutorial, since that is also in there as well)
It's looking really good so far too. :)
Thanks! I just replaced the rimlight with the other rimlight texture not too long ago and I've redone the "leaves" pattern :D

For the cloth texture could I just use a noise filter perhaps?
Both Zelda's up air and down air have a Flash Light Effect, and it seems that some of the objects of that model have some problems with it. I don't know how to fix that other than reimporting the model and losing all shaders and materials for the default ones.
I don't know how to do that so -shrug-

Edit: All ribbon replaced she's about 85% done now :D

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Now, for the final version, with a render change-
Noice one there m8! Looking real good so far.
By the way, how's spiky eared pichu doing in game?
(also did you happen to use my rimlit models I did sometime ago?)

The one critique I have is the loss of toe detailing: do you plan on changing it or is this how Smash 3 pikachu done?

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Noice one there m8! Looking real good so far.
By the way, how's spiky eared pichu doing in game?
(also did you happen to use my rimlit models I did sometime ago?)

The one critique I have is the loss of toe detailing: do you plan on changing it or is this how Smash 3 pikachu done?
I haven't actually tried pichu in game. Also, I couldn't find your rimlit models. When I pressed the arrow, it just sent me to another part of the thread. They are all finished texture wise. It only took 3 complete overhauls, plus one more soon to get the rimlighting done. I tried to add as much too detail as I could to the toe, but that would stray away from Smash 3 Pikachu too much.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I haven't actually tried pichu in game. Also, I couldn't find your rimlit models. When I pressed the arrow, it just sent me to another part of the thread. They are all finished texture wise. It only took 3 complete overhauls, plus one more soon to get the rimlighting done. I tried to add as much too detail as I could to the toe, but that would stray away from Smash 3 Pikachu too much.
That was the point, my post was in that part of the thread. You just have to scroll down until you see my post.
(Also have you done the goggles pichu by any chance yet?)
And I can see why you did the toes like that. gg.

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
That was the point, my post was in that part of the thread. You just have to scroll down until you see my post.
(Also have you done the goggles pichu by any chance yet?)
And I can see why you did the toes like that. gg.
yes goggles pichu is finished. Thanks found the pichu!

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Now, for the final version, with a render change-
Coloring's still a little off though. Cheeks gotta be pale pink, eyes brown, and fur pale yellow.

Couldn't the colors just be samples off of a picture of Pichu from google images?

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Remember that the Smash 3 Pikachu is in the older style, before they shifted more toward Smash Wii U as inspiration. The older style was more cartoony and in some ways less detailed, so don't be afraid to shift away from it. I have to agree with Juken that the colors could be adjusted more as well, but it's looking good so far.

Also, here is something you can expect soon:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Remember that the Smash 3 Pikachu is in the older style, before they shifted more toward Smash Wii U as inspiration. The older style was more cartoony and in some ways less detailed, so don't be afraid to shift away from it. I have to agree with Juken that the colors could be adjusted more as well, but it's looking good so far.

Also, here is something you can expect soon:

huh, what was the "ブラー" changed for?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Coloring's still a little off though. Cheeks gotta be pale pink, eyes brown, and fur pale yellow.

Couldn't the colors just be samples off of a picture of Pichu from google images?
The eyes are blue because Melee Pichu had blue eyes. And yeah the cheeks could be more of a pink.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You might wanna add some highlights to the goggles and maybe a little spec map for the render.

They look like a kid's toy pool goggles atm.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
So I got Yuna's first costume done ! :D
Here are some screenshots

Now I need to make recolors.

How would I go about making good CSP's and those cool banners for the vault?

Last edited:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice

Wow, she looks great! How are her sleeves rigged, if they are?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman

She looks great! Have you played with characters' animations in BrawlBox before? Because that's how you'll be making her pose for her. Since .76 has better rendering, you should be able to make some nice CSPs within the program itself, but even if you're using Blender, you'll need to make a pose in Brawlbox first. Taiko's CSP tutorial might help you out a bit as well.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
She looks great! Have you played with characters' animations in BrawlBox before? Because that's how you'll be making her pose for her. Since .76 has better rendering, you should be able to make some nice CSPs within the program itself, but even if you're using Blender, you'll need to make a pose in Brawlbox first. Taiko's CSP tutorial might help you out a bit as well.
Brawl Box 0.76 makes characters look very gorgeous, i dont know if you should actually use blender.

Layell

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if you should actually use blender.
Have you not seen some of the gorgeous renders made through blender? If you forgot take a look at my avatar. Lets not even joke about this blender is the best.

Last edited:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
Cool! Thanks for the link, i just messed around with the posing a bit and made one.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Cool! Thanks for the link, i just messed around with the posing a bit and made one.

That looks pretty great, the new BrawlBox rendering looks so much nicer. If you save the Camera in BrawlBox and export the Environment Settings (then import them when you finish your recolors), you can make sure that you're taking matching screenshots and CSPs.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
That looks pretty great, the new BrawlBox rendering looks so much nicer. If you save the Camera in BrawlBox and export the Environment Settings (then import them when you finish your recolors), you can make sure that you're taking matching screenshots and CSPs.
I agree, I'm so glad they updated it because it looks sooo much better. :) How would I export the Environment settings ? :o

Also I edited the CSP a little in photoshop

@ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie Do you mind if i use this as a template?

If not, what font did you use for the title?

EDIT: NVM, I used it. And the font is slightly off but it's ok

here it is :D

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208563

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Man, is anyone else just loving the new BrawlBox update? It makes everything look so shiny and colorful...

Egg-cellent for testing.
Umm, some of the dot-textures on the more "unique" eggs aren't quite matching up with the shell, but none the less these are soooo cool!
Also is the hulk egg based off of yoob?

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
Umm, some of the dot-textures on the more "unique" eggs aren't quite matching up with the shell, but none the less these are soooo cool!
Also is the hulk egg based off of yoob?
That spot oddity is a result of viewing the textures in BrawlBox, I assure you.
I actually realized this before I released the image but I was too lazy to touch it up and didn't think anyone would notice it (even when my Smash 3 superiors advised otherwise ._.).

EDIT:

The Incredible Yolk

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Here comes the REAL King Dedede!

He has new eyes and Smash4-ish damage expressions, those expressions aren't shown here.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Might want to point out that it doesn't support Project M in the promo image itself. Since this is the PM section, people will expect it to work for PM, so if it doesn't it has to be clear.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
That spot oddity is a result of viewing the textures in BrawlBox, I assure you.
I actually realized this before I released the image but I was too lazy to touch it up and didn't think anyone would notice it (even when my Smash 3 superiors advised otherwise ._.).

EDIT:

The Incredible Yolk
It's alright, BBox isn't even at 1.0 yet, so there's bound to be issues here and there.
But that picture tho, I'm dying over here! :laugh:

Top Bottom