• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Anyone have experience editing models? I was gonna attempt to retexture the Retro Falcon model, but I wanted to edit his helmet to make it more accurate/less ugly. Unfortunately whenever I open the model in brres viewer/3ds max I get this:

Anyone know what is causing this? It only seems to happen with this model.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
The Smash 3C Donkey Kong (updated) and Diddy Kong are now avariable in the KC-MM brawl vault!
Currently i'm working on Smash 3C kirby, but there is a little problem, unlike melee and brawl and like in 64 , in Smash 4, most of his mouth expressions are NOT rigged, (obiously inhale mouth is rigged :p), so, the best thing to do is import his low poly model from smash 3, just like somebody made with jigglypuff.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
The Smash 3C Donkey Kong (updated) and Diddy Kong are now avariable in the KC-MM brawl vault!
Currently i'm working on Smash 3C kirby, but there is a little problem, unlike melee and brawl and like in 64 , in Smash 4, most of his mouth expressions are NOT rigged, (obiously inhale mouth is rigged :p), so, the best thing to do is import his low poly model from smash 3, just like somebody made with jigglypuff.
What exactly have you done to make these Smash 3 style? They look like Brawl textures with small changes to hue and saturation. Finals are finishing up, so I would suggest you wait for the Smash 3 team to release their work.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I was thinking: If theres a S3 melee fox and melee falco costume then why not wolf? Sure, he has alt costume but let me tell you, thats NOT melee wolf, the true melee wolf is in the opening of melee where him and fox are in their airwings fighting each other. I came across some hack on the vault that is actually melee wolf, has the jacket, pants and everything so you know what i did? I started making S3 Melee Wolf.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Don't want to be that guy, but don't double post unless its absolutely necessary. Just edit your previous post.
And wasn't Melee Wolf just a gray Fox? And not THAT Grey Fox.
I know it isnt gray fox, plus i was on mobile. But does it have to be grey fox? I dont think so, its wolf with foxes jacket, pants, bandana and holester. It also doesnt have the headgear, and it has the eyepatch instead, so its close to melee wolf.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I know it isnt gray fox, plus i was on mobile. But does it have to be grey fox? I dont think so, its wolf with foxes jacket, pants, bandana and holester. It also doesnt have the headgear, and it has the eyepatch instead, so its close to melee wolf.
Of course not. Just saying thats how Melee Wolf looked like.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
What exactly have you done to make these Smash 3 style? They look like Brawl textures with small changes to hue and saturation. Finals are finishing up, so I would suggest you wait for the Smash 3 team to release their work.
smash 3-ified colors and rim lighting. also, those textures aren't saturated, i've done the exactly oppositive, i've desatutated their textures(except for dk's tie and diddy's shirt, i've saturated those abit)

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to the Smash 3 Team, I was able to render some matching poses for Wario Man.

The Playable Wario Man link is updated with CSPs and BPs.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
I'm in the process of making a smash 3-style Yuna from final fantasy X

Does this cloth look close enough to the style?

EDIT: Here's what she looks like in game so far I still have a few textures to replace

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Can someone update the status list it was not updated in 2 months?
I just edited a little to reflect some stuff I'm working on, but I'm not sure what it's missing right now. There hasn't been a lot going on recently.

I'm almost done with a Smash 3 style texture, how would I make a render?
Can we see what you're working on? I might be able to render it for you, but Taiko's CSP tutorial is good for using BrawlBox, which you'll need to use for nicer renders in Blender anyway.

EDIT: Here's what she looks like in game so far I still have a few textures to replace

It's looking pretty nice! I look forward to seeing more progress on it.

Not bad, but you'd be better off re-rendering it, since it's a different costume.

Brawl Marth was the first set of CSPs I did using Blender and I have grown to hate how it turned out, so I redid the renders. Here is an example of how he looks now.

The download for Brawl Marth has been updated with all the new CSPs, and to make it easier for @kazan to remember to update the OP with the updated artwork:

The Dark Knight1965

Smash Journeyman
I just edited a little to reflect some stuff I'm working on, but I'm not sure what it's missing right now. There hasn't been a lot going on recently.

Can we see what you're working on? I might be able to render it for you, but Taiko's CSP tutorial is good for using BrawlBox, which you'll need to use for nicer renders in Blender anyway.

Not bad, but you'd be better off re-rendering it, since it's a different costume.

Brawl Marth was the first set of CSPs I did using Blender and I have grown to hate how it turned out, so I redid the renders. Here is an example of how he looks now.

The download for Brawl Marth has been updated with all the new CSPs, and to make it easier for @kazan to remember to update the OP with the updated artwork:

Much cleaner than last time I saw this. It looks amazing now if someone would port your marth face textures over the current smash 3 marth's. I'm tired of that asian face

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Ok, I'll post it on Mediafire when I'm finished. It's Smash 3C Pichu by the way.
:D HYPE!
Everyone's favorite glass-cannon will finally be reborn!

As a side note: Lucina has had some amazing developments in terms of her model so her rim-light will be delayed until the new model is imported. As for a substitute, I have a person in mind I've always wanted to do...
*Boom*

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Pichu's Textures are finished! Except for rimlighting that is. Only fitPichu00.pac is rimlit. It also has the render pose.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3ezp03wl0x7achj/costumes.rar
Hey, cool, and I'm glad you figured out how to render with BrawlBox, too. Those are some very big pictures, so try putting them between spoilers brackets. I do think there are some things you could improve, though. The eyes and cheeks in particular stand out and clash with the Smash 3 style. I would suggest taking some tips from screenshots of Sm4sh Pikachu, like this. His toes have also lost an unfortunate amount of detail, and seem to be of a different color than the rest of his foot. Lastly, I think you should make the black outline on his ears much sharper than it is right now. I hope you can improve it some more, and good luck!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Hey, cool, and I'm glad you figured out how to render with BrawlBox, too. Those are some very big pictures, so try putting them between spoilers brackets. I do think there are some things you could improve, though. The eyes and cheeks in particular stand out and clash with the Smash 3 style. I would suggest taking some tips from screenshots of Sm4sh Pikachu, like this. His toes have also lost an unfortunate amount of detail, and seem to be of a different color than the rest of his foot. Lastly, I think you should make the black outline on his ears much sharper than it is right now. I hope you can improve it some more, and good luck!
How do I do spoiler brackets?

Juken

Smash Ace
Pichu's Textures are finished! Except for rimlighting that is. Only fitPichu00.pac is rimlit. It also has the render pose.
Here's a comparison from original to smash-3-ified
Original

Mine
The detail on his cheeks and eyes look a bit too awkward/strong, Pichu's eyes also seem to usually be either full black with white dots, or brown instead of blue like yours. The Pichu might needs to actually be a bit more pale too because it's actually very desaturated compared to Pikachu.

It's probably a model thing, but the black part on his neck looks like it sticks out too much and the white parts in the middle of them looks odd.

Here's some pictures of Pichu (first is his X and Y model) for reference.
pichu-2 copy.png

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Also remember that Pichu's XY model is avariable in the models resource, thanks to Random Talking Bush :3

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's a comparison from original to smash-3-ified
Original

Mine
I did rimlight almost every pichu costume you could think of you know... ;) (click the arrow by the ":" in the box above)
The texture looks good for a first try, but I would have to agree with what everyone else is going to say as well. It has too much detail, especially in the eyes/cheeks. I would suggest downloading Smash 3 pikachu and reference how they did it IMO.
If you're going to apply smash 3-ification to the XY model, it has to be imported first, which no one else to my knowledge has done yet. I would if I could (and learn how to import), but my laptop isn't the first choice I'd use to run maya/blender...

Good luck and God speed your efforts m8.

Last edited:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice

Wow, this is impressive! Did you make this model from scratch or is it an import?

Also, are you planning on adding facial expressions and the like? Can't wait to see more!

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So I retextured the first one with Smash 3"s Pikachu-
This is looking much better! Though now I would try to adjust the color to look more like Pichu's colors, which I believe is more pale. Make sure to get the new BrawlBox version, .76, too. Character previews look way nicer now, and you should be able to make some nice CSPs with it.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
This is looking much better! Though now I would try to adjust the color to look more like Pichu's colors, which I believe is more pale. Make sure to get the new BrawlBox version, .76, too. Character previews look way nicer now, and you should be able to make some nice CSPs with it.
I'll get on it asap. Pichu's eyes will also be changed to blue.
Umm is pichu cross-eyed? :laugh:
No he's ****-eyed

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
Thank you!

Wow, this is impressive! Did you make this model from scratch or is it an import?

Also, are you planning on adding facial expressions and the like? Can't wait to see more!
Thanks! I didn't make the model, it's an import from the PS2 version ^^; Here the model is on the vault

With staff: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203622
Without staff: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203401
Without staff and recolors by me: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203423

They collabed me because I helped them fix some things that were wrong with the textures. It was going to be a PSA but the guy in charge of it quit brawl modding, sadly.

And I'd like to add Facial expressions and fseyes and all that cool stuff but sadly I can only work with textures, not models. :(

And also, here's another progress picture of the Smash 3 Yuna (THE PREVIEWS IN BRAWLBOX 0.76 LOOK REALLY GOOD GUYS.)

The leaves pattern on the ribbon are a real challenge and I'll probably re-do them tbh

I tried rimlighting her but the rimlight looked really stupid on this model does anyone know how to fix it?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Thank you!

Thanks! I didn't make the model, it's an import from the PS2 version ^^; Here the model is on the vault

With staff: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203622
Without staff: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203401
Without staff and recolors by me: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203423

They collabed me because I helped them fix some things that were wrong with the textures. It was going to be a PSA but the guy in charge of it quit brawl modding, sadly.

And I'd like to add Facial expressions and fseyes and all that cool stuff but sadly I can only work with textures, not models. :(

And also, here's another progress picture of the Smash 3 Yuna (THE PREVIEWS IN BRAWLBOX 0.76 LOOK REALLY GOOD GUYS.)

The leaves pattern on the ribbon are a real challenge and I'll probably re-do them tbh

I tried rimlighting her but the rimlight looked really stupid on this model does anyone know how to fix it?
The rimlight on certain models look wierd in brawlbox .76, but in earlier versions it looked just fine, try previewing the model in a previous version. The rimlight should look alright in game.

Top Bottom