• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Pichu is completely finished. Thanks goes to Cahalan, Juken, and Ledgerweskie.
Here's the pose-

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Here's the pose-
Ehhhhh, the rimlight needs to be worked on in the pose, but that's the point where Photoshop and Maya come in... Looks great except that in all other aspects though... :p
Is that pose saved by any chance somewhere?

Last edited:

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Ehhhhh, the rimlight needs to be worked on in the pose, but that's the point where Photoshop and Maya come in... Looks great except that in all other aspects though... :p
Is that pose saved by any chance somewhere?
Yeah on the fitPichu00.pac

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Why does it look like he was photoshoped and resized multiple times in his ears, arms, legs, etc?
The rimlight in the current BBox version is now view-able but shows up weirdly on some models (this being one of them). This picture is in some dire need of Maya and Photoshop at this point (any one up to the challenge?).

As for what you're mentioning, that's the model itself.

Edit: The light settings in BBox may have something to do with this effect too. Also for all intensive purposes, if the model exhibits intense rimlight in the model viewer, I'd suggest disabling the edge texture in BBox when taking screen shots.

Edit Edit: The current model viewer in BBox doesn't read alpha channels like it used to. Refer to previous versions for proper viewing of the model's alpha channels. For example, my rimlit pirate hat pichu in this version has the feather surrounded by black, this does not occur in older versions. Using Maya/Photoshop to make CSP's is highly advised.

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Nobody tried my Smash 3C King Dedede? Cause i've put alot of effort retooling it's damage expressions.
Edit:
@ Cahalan Cahalan i use BrawlBox v0.73b, RealWorld Cursor Editor(for raster stuff) and Photoscape(for fixing some stuff)
I'm working on the Smash 3C Crash Bandicoot(twinsanity design), it took me alot of time fixing the vertex and textures, anyway ShadowLuigi~NG~ made a nice job porting Crash.
Right now i'm adding the rim lighting, after that i'll test it on my Wii.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Nobody tried my Smash 3C King Dedede? Cause i've put alot of effort retooling it's damage expressions.
Edit:
@ Cahalan Cahalan i use BrawlBox v0.73b, RealWorld Cursor Editor(for raster stuff) and Photoscape(for fixing some stuff)
I'm working on the Smash 3C Crash Bandicoot(twinsanity design), it took me alot of time fixing the vertex and textures, anyway ShadowLuigi~NG~ made a nice job porting Crash.
Right now i'm adding the rim lighting, after that i'll test it on my Wii.
I've held off on playing PM until 3.6, so I'm not really installing any mods now, just lurking threads and keeping track of what breaks and what doesn't when 3.6 releases so that I know what mods to install or avoid.

I could test it and take some screenshots on Dolphin for you if you really wish.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
ok, take some good shots with Dedede getting damage
---:smash:
:4dedede:
I'm switching back to the Crystal's Wrath Crash Bandicoot due to several issues with the Twinsanity model ::facepalm:

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
Well, if you're rimlighting the Dedede like you say, I think I'll wait until it's updated for screenshots.

I've said that i'm going to add rim lighting to Crash, not dedede, he already has rim lighting, not?
Misread your post then, I'll install it now. Also, sendspace is giving some nasty malware popups. Might wanna re-upload it to something like Mediafire or Dropbox if you ever get the chance.

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I've said that i'm going to add rim lighting to Crash, not dedede, he already has rim lighting, not?
Done with the screenshots. I think that the Shogun Dedede ones are from another Smash 3C mod (the one in the OP).

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Just a heads up, this is my next project. Almost done in one sitting.
I changed his bat to look like a wooden Easton Mako. A really good bat from real life.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
I'll try putting Crash over Project M Mario, cause Luigi's bones doesn't fit well, also i'm switching back to the Crystal's Wrath design, due to some material problems caused by rim lighting. Maybe i'm going to release it soon.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Yeah, I saw those from the start. It's something i'll fix
Sorry to bother, but could you make a shiny pichu skin as well? Please? Keep the melee costume in there, but just copy the normal model (the melee one) and add a shiny version of the default pichu. Thanks a ton if you do... (I originally intended the 7th slot to be shiny pichu, but I'll make room for an eighth costume as well.)

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Sorry to bother, but could you make a shiny pichu skin as well? Please? Keep the melee costume in there, but just copy the normal model (the melee one) and add a shiny version of the default pichu. Thanks a ton if you do... (I originally intended the 7th slot to be shiny pichu, but I'll make room for an eighth costume as well.)
sure can do.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I agree, I'm so glad they updated it because it looks sooo much better. :) How would I export the Environment settings ? :o

Also I edited the CSP a little in photoshop

@ ledgerewskie ledgerewskie Do you mind if i use this as a template?

If not, what font did you use for the title?

EDIT: NVM, I used it. And the font is slightly off but it's ok

here it is :D

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208563
Sorry for not replying sooner. I've been really busy and I'll explain that in a minute, but Yuna looks great! I'm glad you were able to make such nice matching CSPs with BrawlBox, too. The font is called AvantGarde LT CondMedium Bold, in case you're still looking for it.
Here's the pose-
Looks nice! Is this a screenshot from within BrawlBox .76? You might need to disable some elements within the preview. Try disabling the Edge texture to see if it's still too shiny.

Just a heads up, this is my next project. Almost done in one sitting.
I changed his bat to look like a wooden Easton Mako. A really good bat from real life.
It looks promising! Just try to make sure that you get some depth added to the shorts and shirt. Try referencing the shading from the rest of the Smash 3 shirts.

I would like to tell everyone that there's a big update coming to this thread. A lot of the regular contributors and I have been working on updating everything in the OP up to better standards, and you can soon expect that every character in need of it will have new textures and/or new, much improved renders. There are also some brand new alts that will end up in the OP soon, but for now, I'll just leave you with this:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
... well, i'm very lazy with this, which crash bandicot design does fit better on a fighting game?
Classic

Or Mind Over Mutant?

cause i dunno which one is better for smash 3C

Last edited:

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
... well, i'm very lazy with this, which crash bandicot design does fit better on a fighting game?
Classic

Or Mind Over Mutant?

IMO the classic one is better but im not a part of the smash 3C team so -shrug-

the new one looks mangy

Pantsface16

Smash Rookie
SmashJC, you should really consider putting your images in spoilers, especially considering how large they are.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
Ok, so I've finished both of these textures

I just don't want to upload them without the final render, you know, in blender. Does anyone want to render these?

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
the new one looks mangy
i'll try using crash's mind over mutant design.
PSD: it's not new, Crash Mind Over Mutant was released in 2008, also it was his last console game, RIP Crash Bandicoot :(

SmashJC, you should really consider putting your images in spoilers, especially considering how large they are.
done

OFFTOPIC: WHY WT* IS TEEMO HERE? :teemo:

Juken

Smash Ace
Classic

Or Mind Over Mutant?

Well, since this is to give Brawl a Smash 4-esque art style and Smash 4 used the classic versions of Mega-Man and Pac-Man, as well as a semi-classic Sonic, I'd say the classic Crash is best.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Sadly the most classic crash model i got is from crash bandicoot 1, it's very low poly and i can't port it to brawlbox because i don't have maya/3ds max

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Sadly the most classic crash model i got is from crash bandicoot 1, it's very low poly and i can't port it to brawlbox because i don't have maya/3ds max
I'm confused why you asked your earlier question, then.

It'll still be a little while before the thread is updated, so I thought I would show one of the new renders:

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

It'll still be a little while before the thread is updated, so I thought I would show one of the new renders:
Beautiful, he actually looks like hes in Sm4sh, which is the character i voted for.

123123sora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6256-4188
he was saying he's upset bc snake's not in sm4sh

oh and as long as im in this thread i made a red and teal recolor of your link im thinking of making more and making it sort of like that mango thing that they're doing

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
The sad part about all the nice Link reskins is that they're in the super old Smash 3 style and probably won't be updated once the vastly improved version comes out.

Cahalan

Smash Ace

When the thread gets updated, could you post the renders on clear back grounds if you don't mind? I'm anxious to update a couple of my icons knowing that all the renders from here that I use are getting over-hauled on megaton levels...

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yeah, I looked over at Chrom a while back and saw that the visibility bones didn't save properly.

Since I don't really have the files to do it, you guys might have to change the visbility bones. Which honestly, isn't that hard. Pretty easy.

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Now that i think about that, later i'll check if i can add rim lighting to Cortex over Falco, and obiously make him a PSA

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Yeah, I looked over at Chrom a while back and saw that the visibility bones didn't save properly.

Since I don't really have the files to do it, you guys might have to change the visbility bones. Which honestly, isn't that hard. Pretty easy.
By visibility bones, do you just mean changing the visibility bones in Brawl Box from TopN to whatever it's supposed to be(like the hurtface or blink bones? If it's that simple I can probably do it in no time.

Top Bottom