• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3C Project - PM alts, recolors, and more!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
By visibility bones, do you just mean changing the visibility bones in Brawl Box from TopN to whatever it's supposed to be(like the hurtface or blink bones? If it's that simple I can probably do it in no time.
Yeah.

Just make sure you coordinate with the other guys for the textures.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
It was changed to スピード, or Speed, since it looks much more like Beat's shirt, and less like it's saying "bra."
"ブラー" means blur. スピード does mean speed but ブラー does not mean bra and IMO blur is better then just speed

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
It was changed to スピード, or Speed, since it looks much more like Beat's shirt, and less like it's saying "bra."
"ブラー" means blur. スピード does mean speed but ブラー does not mean bra and IMO blur is better then just speed
If you can't see how

is aesthetically a better play on

than

then I don't really know what to say.

except for
well of course I knew that but there's a reason
THIS IS NOT

THIS

BUT THIS

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Haven't checked up on this glory since Easter. Glad to see progress is still going on.

Is there a pack yet?
If so,

a) Is everything included in the pack?
b) Will there be a pack that mirrors PM's costumes?

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Haven't checked up on this glory since Easter. Glad to see progress is still going on.

Is there a pack yet?
If so,

a) Is everything included in the pack?
b) Will there be a pack that mirrors PM's costumes?
There is no pack yet, but when the PM alts are completed, there will be!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
I feel like I've seen the Shadow one posted here before... And one with the eyes being the colors of the characters they're based off of. I think the latter may have been for the original Smash 3 alts though.
The one posted? Thats WIP. The eyes being based off characters was a hack in the vault, it just changed the eyes. Im getting finished, after im finished, i will post a link to them.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike

recolors! can you guess who they're based off of?
Not sure about the one on the left, I wanted to say Dante from Devil May Cry, but the black cape is throwing me off. Maybe it's a Castelvania reference? I don't know. As for the one on the right, that's definitely based on Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, the red one looks really odd.
ok, what's throwing you off?

Not sure about the one on the left, I wanted to say Dante from Devil May Cry, but the black cape is throwing me off. Maybe it's a Castelvania reference? I don't know. As for the one on the right, that's definitely based on Ky Kiske from Guilty Gear.
the red costume is actually based on navarre from fire emblem: new mystery of the emblem. and the blue costume is exactly as you guessed it. what clued you in on it?

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
I'm working on Retro Samus right now-
Original-
Does anyone want to help, it really needs some shading work and I feel like the ball lines are too big.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
the red costume is actually based on navarre from fire emblem: new mystery of the emblem. and the blue costume is exactly as you guessed it. what clued you in on it?
It was primarily the color scheme of the boots, particularly the way the black is textured that clued me in.

This was the image I used to make the comparison for anyone curious:

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
It was primarily the color scheme of the boots, particularly the way the black is textured that clued me in.

This was the image I used to make the comparison for anyone curious:
i actually used that image to partially reference the color scheme, so there's that too. by the way, are you going to release the awakening marth soon? if it's not done, i'd be happy to help out after i'm done with this.

Last edited:

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
I'm working on Retro Samus right now-
Original-
Does anyone want to help, it really needs some shading work and I feel like the ball lines are too big.
The PM version honestly looks much better. Try looking at the Smash 3 and Wii U art style some more - they're not saturated like this.

Zarx1554

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zarx1554
The PM version honestly looks much better. Try looking at the Smash 3 and Wii U art style some more - they're not saturated like this.
Well actually, the only texture I made myself was the ball. Everything else was taken from the Smash 3 Samus yellow alt

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Nice job! I'm glad to see that you have stuck with it and I'm seeing improvements in your work. Though I think you're going to really like what my main man Aghanim and I have been working on...
Thanks man, really apperciate it! And im sure what you and Aghanim are working on is pretty good, im wondering..

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
by the way, are you going to release the awakening marth soon? if it's not done, i'd be happy to help out after i'm done with this.
I'll see if I can get some tweaks done for Awakening Marth some time this week, and I'll post pics of how he's looking if I do, and I'd also appreciate any help you'd be able to provide when you're able to.

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
I'll see if I can get some tweaks done for Awakening Marth some time this week, and I'll post pics of how he's looking if I do, and I'd also appreciate any help you'd be able to provide when you're able to.
the textures are more or less done and i'm waiting on ledge to do the renders, so you can send me your files whenever you like.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
So, we still have a couple of characters to finish before we roll out a big update of the OP, but you know what? I think recolor packs are fine. That's why I am going to post one. It's been asked for several times, here it is. It's Sonic, with a million pairs of shoes. There's Shadow, there's Silver, there's Tails, there is Knuckles and my god, holy **** there are even NiGHTS shoes. What the hell is going on, I don't even know, but this pack has it all.

It's got breakdancing.

It's got jumping.

It's got intimidation.
It's got more jumping.

It's got finger-wagging like you wouldn't believe,

and it's got CHAOS CONTROL.

It has sexy renders (minus Tails).

And it has a download link right the heck HERE!!!!

So stop waiting around on your sorry keister, and start playing Project M the way it was meant to be played - with lots of pretty shoes for Sonic!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So, we still have a couple of characters to finish before we roll out a big update of the OP, but you know what? I think recolor packs are fine. That's why I am going to post one. It's been asked for several times, here it is. It's Sonic, with a million pairs of shoes. There's Shadow, there's Silver, there's Tails, there is Knuckles and my god, holy **** there are even NiGHTS shoes. What the hell is going on, I don't even know, but this pack has it all.

It's got breakdancing.

It's got jumping.

It's got intimidation.
It's got more jumping.

It's got finger-wagging like you wouldn't believe,

and it's got CHAOS CONTROL.

It has sexy renders (minus Tails).

And it has a download link right the heck HERE!!!!

So stop waiting around on your sorry keister, and start playing Project M the way it was meant to be played - with lots of pretty shoes for Sonic!
Much better than mine, may i include a brawl version, which im almost done with? Also, i was going to make a recolor pack that is like AlgeorgeRomos new sonic recolors if thats fine.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
Those Sonic Alts are amazing, and quite a few stuff done here as well.

After seeing that there was a pack that combined both the Smash 3 and 3C packs, I was really excited to say the least. After plugging it in, I noticed that there were odd changes like the all Brawl color scheme for Samus which eliminated her alternate suits. I looked at the status list and noticed that no one is even working on them! Is this still the case? No Samus love? Also didn't see anyone working on the Fierce Deity Link alt either.

With that said, I also noticed that the CSPs don't come packaged with each individual alt pack. Will there be one released at a later point?

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice
I was going to make a recolor pack that is like AlgeorgeRomos new sonic recolors if thats fine.
Hey you can work on whatever you want, but considering that smash3 had an amazing amount of sonic recolors I'm afraid that those would be too much for him

Those Sonic Alts are amazing, and quite a few stuff done here as well
Hey thank you for your kind words! It was really a pain to import all those pairs of shoes, but it seems that the work on them paid off!

Well you guys shouldn't rely on the status list, cuz it hasn't been updated in months but yeah, work on PM samuses has been really slow or absent; I'm sure that in the future a brave soul will work on her alts more.

With that said, I also noticed that the CSPs don't come packaged with each individual alt pack. Will there be one released at a later point?
We release CSPs/BPs packed in our releases. Maybe you didn't downloaded them from the dropbox folder (I'm asssuming you are talking about new sonic recolor pack).

Last edited:

DualX

Smash Apprentice
We release CSPs/BPs packed in our releases. Maybe you didn't downloaded them from the dropbox folder (I'm asssuming you are talking about new sonic recolor pack).
You know what, I believe I was referring to a pack I downloaded awhile ago, but I cannot remember which one it was. Haven't checked yours out, but I will definitely add it in our official builds. Also, I remember reverting back to all of the original CSPs because of the Smash Brawl only colors and I didn't have the new Snake outfit CSP. Didn't think to download the pack individually.

Not quite sure what the abbreviations stand for, but are the BPs what you see of your character during a match?

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Just wanna drop by and say that the NiGHTS Alt. costume is so cool! It's the next best thing to Jet Set Sonic. Um...do you mind if these Sonic alts were ported to Sonic Generations (Credits obviously included)? I showed these to my friends who are in the SGMC (Sonic Generations Modding Community) and they were interested in porting these.
:happysheep:

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
You know what, I believe I was referring to a pack I downloaded awhile ago, but I cannot remember which one it was. Haven't checked yours out, but I will definitely add it in our official builds. Also, I remember reverting back to all of the original CSPs because of the Smash Brawl only colors and I didn't have the new Snake outfit CSP. Didn't think to download the pack individually.

Not quite sure what the abbreviations stand for, but are the BPs what you see of your character during a match?
BPs stand for Battle Portraits and CSPs are Character Select Portraits. Battle Portraits are the icons of the characters that you see on the HUD during battle.

Top Bottom