• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Also make sure to change your reasoning each time if you must vote spam. I don't believe in it but if you're gonna do something, do it right.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If you look at the preliminary results by BluePikmin, Daisy actually done much better on the Individual Character Poll. She's in 47th place in terms of positive votes only to be beat out by two Fire Emblem females (Azura and Micaiah). I can tell most of you are glad that she's no longer a lower rated character like the last time.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Daisy won't go into Smash Bros, Nintendo still has to see that Daisy has much support.
This is our opportunity, now we must act.

WE DON'T WANT THIS:

WE WANT TO SEE DAISY AS A CHARACTER PLAYABLE IN SMASH !!!

VOTE FOR DAISY

You should put this message on Facebook and Twitter.
That's what I intend to do this moment. Those followers ought to do their part and spread the word before it closes. And I'll also handle the Twitter page too in case @WeirdChillFever haven't done so already.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Guys, even if our Tomboy Spunky, Underrated Princess doesn't make it into Smash, I gotta say, we've been great supporters as we stuck through Daisy the entire time. We gave good arguments to the detractors and non-believers that came to this thread, despite most of them being narrow and closed minded and bias.

And we're not just here for Daisy in Smash. We're here for Daisy to be a more relevant character in the Mario story arcs! We don't hate Rosalina (at least the majority of us don't)! We just want Daisy to be recognized and for her to add her own bit of spunk into the mainstream Mario games! Smash would certainly be a good place to start for her to receive more recognition, hopefully, but we just want MORE DAISY!!!

It's been great to be apart of such great supporters with creative ideas and who spread their support through art, videos, and miiverse posts. I'd say that we advertised her pretty well, despite her not looking too good on peoples tally ballots. We are as strong as the K. Rool Kutthroats in terms of sticking to our Flowerchild Princess! We are the Daisy Flowerchilds, and even if she doesn't make it in, we will always push for her to be more in Mario games so that she has a greater chance the next time!

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
^
Very true indeed. Even if Daisy doesn't make it into Sm4sh, there's still plenty more opportunities for her to shine. :)

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Nintendotard said:
Guys, even if our Tomboy Spunky, Underrated Princess doesn't make it into Smash, I gotta say, we've been great supporters as we stuck through Daisy the entire time. We gave good arguments to the detractors and non-believers that came to this thread, despite most of them being narrow and closed minded and bias.

And we're not just here for Daisy in Smash. We're here for Daisy to be a more relevant character in the Mario story arcs! We don't hate Rosalina (at least the majority of us don't)! We just want Daisy to be recognized and for her to add her own bit of spunk into the mainstream Mario games! Smash would certainly be a good place to start for her to receive more recognition, hopefully, but we just want MORE DAISY!!!

It's been great to be apart of such great supporters with creative ideas and who spread their support through art, videos, and miiverse posts. I'd say that we advertised her pretty well, despite her not looking too good on peoples tally ballots. We are as strong as the K. Rool Kutthroats in terms of sticking to our Flowerchild Princess! We are the Daisy Flowerchilds, and even if she doesn't make it in, we will always push for her to be more in Mario games so that she has a greater chance the next time!
Lol u funny. Nice joke. Daisy is soo going to be DLC. Lol but really though, I honestly think Daisy WILL get into Smash. I have hope!!! Or maybe I'm just too optimistic

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Lol u funny. Nice joke. Daisy is soo going to be DLC. Lol but really though, I honestly think Daisy WILL get into Smash. I have hope!!! Or maybe I'm just too optimistic
The best fanbases stick through to the end and wade through thick and thin!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Ridley fanbase however, they reached breaking point. Poor loons.
And it was all Mashed Potato Samurai's fault for explaining the reason for his boss role. The same happened for most Animal Crossing fans during Brawl's time regarding their peaceful nature and Villager was given a second chance.

Though I doubt the same could be said for or happen to Ridley in the future as long as Sakurai's in charge.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us with your question. I'm glad to hear that you were excited about the 30th anniversary of Mario and I can certainly understand your disappointment when you saw that Princess Daisy isn't in the game. While I don't have any information as to why this would be, I'm happy to document your feedback and pass it on to the proper department so that they can review and thoughtfully consider it.

Thank you, and I hope you're enjoying your time with Super Mario Maker!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Reese Nicholson

A direct copy and paste of what was replied to me, just hope this is true and the info is passed to the relevant areas. On a side note, I managed to smuggle in another vote for Daisy! One the guys from where I work voted for her, he said he would like to see his favorite character in the Mario Party and Kart games appear in Sm4sh.
I give you thanks as a friend and fan of Daisy.
That's what I intend to do this moment. Those followers ought to do their part and spread the word before it closes. And I'll also handle the Twitter page too in case @WeirdChillFever haven't done so already.
Ok :)
ONE LAST DAY TO VOTE ON THE SG POLLS!
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/
We also have a preview of the results for part 1 of the individual character poll if you're wondering.
If you haven't voted! PLEASE DO SO!
I have already voted everything I could and allowed me. ;)

I want to put how I voted for Daisy.

- I voted five votes for Daisy, through five different devices with different IP.
- I voted more than forty votes for Daisy through the same device but with different IPs (from different locations).
- In addition, I voted over fifteen votes for Chrom, a vote for Azura and a vote for Bayonetta.
- Maybe some votes aren't counted, but I don't care.​

:starman: #VOTEFORDAISY :starman:
PD: And I wanted to put a image of my last vote, but I don't know upload Internet. :confused:

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkfqP0y6A

Alright. And that's my final Daisy drawing for the Ballot. I'm getting to vote a few more times for good measures.
Damn! This is the best one. Her pose is sso dynamic, and she looks so awesome!! The flower petals are a really nice touch.

Daisy NEEDS to get into Smash. And if not her own character slot, then she NEEDS to be DLC in the form of an alt character costume for Peach (well actually 8 Daisy costumes for Peach to give her a total of 16).

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Damn! This is the best one. Her pose is sso dynamic, and she looks so awesome!! The flower petals are a really nice touch.

Daisy NEEDS to get into Smash. And if not her own character slot, then she NEEDS to be DLC in the form of an alt character costume for Peach (well actually 8 Daisy costumes for Peach to give her a total of 16).
Thanks! Fun fact about this one is that someone actually posted in the comments that they was actually planning on skipping the ballots, but decided to vote for Daisy because he loved the efforts of the artwork and he appreciates the character.

Really made me feel good about doing this knowing that I actually help convince someone to vote and to have them tell me about it.

Last edited:

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, it ends tomorrow. I hope we taught Nintendo that Daisy is an important character to ALOT of people and shouldn't be ignored or thrown away. Here's to hoping Daisy ends up in more Mario games (Possibly even canon ones) and if not now, eventually gets into Smash. It's been a pleasure building up hype with you all.;)

Daibon

Smash Rookie
I hope Daisy gets in. I would seriously cry if she did. I wish this forum didn't have to end...It feels like some type of graduation thing.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope Daisy gets in. I would seriously cry if she did. I wish this forum didn't have to end...It feels like some type of graduation thing.
I seriously doubt the forum will really end since there's still more DLC to speculate about even if the Smash Ballot were to close. The only way I see that happening is if things go out of line like the old Ridley thread.

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Well, only around half an hour until the Ballot shuts down. Here's hoping everyone in this thread's in the process of getting their last-minute votes in.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Huh. It's still up. Well, I'm going to sneak some extra votes in before it goes kaput.

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
I believe it ends on the 4th technically, at Midnight the 4th. But yeah get some more votes in guys. Even if she doesn't get in, at least we've shown we can be civil.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I give you thanks as a friend and fan of Daisy.

Ok :)

I have already voted everything I could and allowed me. ;)

I want to put how I voted for Daisy.

- I voted five votes for Daisy, through five different devices with different IP.
- I voted more than forty votes for Daisy through the same device but with different IPs (from different locations).
- In addition, I voted over fifteen votes for Chrom, a vote for Azura and a vote for Bayonetta.
- Maybe some votes aren't counted, but I don't care.​

:starman: #VOTEFORDAISY :starman:
PD: And I wanted to put a image of my last vote, but I don't know upload Internet. :confused:
Simply press the Upload File button, which is right next to the Post Reply button.

If you are on a computer, press Print Screen, then go to MS Paint. Paste the Print Screen onto the app and save it as an image.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
My last vote for Daisy.

I tried to put a moveset for the character, but it is impossible to write so little space.
daisy.JPG

Simply press the Upload File button, which is right next to the Post Reply button.

If you are on a computer, press Print Screen, then go to MS Paint. Paste the Print Screen onto the app and save it as an image.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/0...s-opening-for-3-characters-and-4-stage-slots/
Hmm... only 3 spots available? Daisy is STILL getting in. At least I think so. Here's why.

I've been thinking. Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

I think the answer is true. The Daisy Smashboards page is way longer than both Dixie and Impa, and Daisy managed to get a lot more votes than both of them on the Etika straw poll.
PROOF: http://strawpoll.me/5619260/r

While Bayonetta is higher than Daisy on the Etika poll, the Bayonetta creator clearly tweeted multiple times that he does not want her in Smash. He said something around the lines of, "F OFF, Smash idiots" or some crap like that. So to me that automatically deconfirms Bayonetta.

And it would be a bit odd if the three upcoming DLC characters were all male. Surely they'd have to do at least 1 female. So, 2 males, and 1 female. Now, before anyone starts b-tching about what I'm saying and says, "You're sexist for wanting a girl just because she's a girl!!!" I just have to say that that is in no way sexist, because it brings more variety to the DLC and to the game itself and because the particular character has a lot of unique attributes about her, not just her gender.

So anyway, I'm thinking the DLC will be K Rool, someone (maybe Isaac, idk), and Daisy. As I said, she's the highest female on the Etika poll, not counting Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, and Inkling, since Inkling is a Mii costume. Now before people start b-tching again saying "The costume doesn't deconfirm them! They still have a chance!!" Well, here's what I have to say to that: "LOL." Sorry Inkling fans, but unlike the Link, Chrom, Samus, and other character costumes, the Inkling costumes look EXACTLY like the real Inklings and are made in their likeness. Why would they make Inklings separate characters when they already have created costumes that look exactly like them, carry the guns that real Inklings would have, and also are available for use on Mii Gunners, which, to me, has moves that are really perfect for Inkling! They look so awesome on them. The Link, Chrom, and Samus costumes look vastly different from the actual characters because of their bigger heads, shorter, stouter bodies, and overall chibi look which is different from the actual character.

As for Ice Climbers, which can be seen as a viable female DLC rep since Nana is there, I don't think they have a chance since Sakurai once explained exactly why they were not included into Smash 4, the reason being graphical limitations and that there are 2 of them which would cause glitches and lag or something like that.

And now a breakdown of reasons why I think Daisy will make it in:
*Highest voted possible female with my reasons.
*Not a third party (Not saying third parties have no chance, but the fact that she's not makes her an easy choice to be DLC)
*Easily recognized character by many people, especially casuals (Example: I asked my friend if he has the new Smash Bros. and said he should get it since Princess Rosalina is in it. Him: Oh! Is she that brunette princess who wears yellow? Me: No that's Daisy. I'm talking about the blue princes. Him: Oh. Never heard of her haha"
*She is a character from the biggest, main franchise in Smash: MARIO.

Additionally, Daisy in her dress looks WAY too similar to Peach in her Daisy color costume. They may look different facially and from little things like their gloves and hair, but from far away it may be a challenge to make them out. For this reason, I expect Sakurai to put Daisy in either her sports outfit or her Striker armor (two very prominent outfits of hers) to differentiate her from Peach. And don't say "OH Sakurai would have to do her dress only, it's her main outfit!!" Well um first of all Wario appears in his biker outfit as his main costume, with his overalls as an alt. Daisy appears in a majority of her games in her sports outfit wayy more than she does in her princess dress. There are more games with her in the sports clothes than there are with her in the dress. It's her more frequently worn outfit. I found this out on MarioWiki. With that reason I don't see a problem with Sakurai putting Daisy in her sports clothes in Smash.

So yeah, those are my reasons on why Daisy, the sporty, feisty, amazing, stylish, thick, princess of Sarasaland WILL be DLC. Let's celebrate her Smash arrival with this vote for Daisy song I found on Tumblr! It's cute and catchy. http://dearhoneylemon.tumblr.com/post/125273023462/i-initially-included-cuss-words-but-for-sanity

What do you think of my theories? Believable or stupid? You decide.

EDIT: omggg I soo forgot about Shantae.. Obviously she's being voted wayyy higher than Daisy, but the fact that she's third party character and also from an indie game makes her kind of an iffy choice.... so I don't know. I guess Daisy is the second highest possible female then.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/0...s-opening-for-3-characters-and-4-stage-slots/
Hmm... only 3 spots available? Daisy is STILL getting in. At least I think so. Here's why.

But then again, I've been thinking. Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

I think the answer is true. The Daisy Smashboards page is way longer than both Dixie and Impa, and Daisy managed to get a lot more votes than both of them on the Etika straw poll.

While Bayonetta is higher than Daisy on the Etika poll, the Bayonetta creator clearly tweeted multiple times that he does not want her in Smash. He said something around the lines of, "F OFF, Smash idiots" or some crap like that. So to me that automatically deconfirms Bayonetta.

And it would be a bit odd if the three upcoming DLC characters were all male. Surely they'd have to do at least 1 female. So, 2 males, and 1 female. Now, before anyone starts b-tching about what I'm saying and says, "You're sexist for wanting a girl just because she's a girl!!!" I just have to say that that is in no way sexist, because it brings more variety to the DLC and to the game itself and because the particular character has a lot of unique attributes about her, not just her gender.

So anyway, I'm thinking the DLC will be K Rool, someone (maybe Isaac, idk), and Daisy. As I said, she's the highest female on the Etika poll, not counting Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, and Inkling, since Inkling is a Mii costume. Now before people start b-tching again saying "The costume doesn't deconfirm them! They still have a chance!!" Well, here's what I have to say to that: "LOL." Sorry Inkling fans, but unlike the Link, Chrom, Samus, and other character costumes, the Inkling costumes look EXACTLY like the real Inklings and are made in their likeness. Why would they make Inklings separate characters when they already have created costumes that look exactly like them, carry the guns that real Inklings would have, and also are available for use on Mii Gunners, which, to me, has moves that are really perfect for Inkling! They look so awesome on them. The Link, Chrom, and Samus costumes look vastly different from the actual characters because of their bigger heads, shorter, stouter bodies, and overall chibi look which is different from the actual character.

As for Ice Climbers, which can be seen as a viable female DLC rep since Nana is there, I don't think they have a chance since Sakurai once explained exactly why they were not included into Smash 4, the reason being graphical limitations and that there are 2 of them which would cause glitches and lag or something like that.

*Not a third party (Not saying third parties have no chance, but the fact that she's not makes her an easy choice to be DLC)
*Easily recognized character by many people, especially casuals (Example: I asked my friend if he has the new Smash Bros. and said he should get it since Princess Rosalina is in it. Him: Oh! Is she that brunette princess who wears yellow? Me: No that's Daisy. I'm talking about the blue princes. Him: Oh. Never heard of her haha"

Additionally, Daisy in her dress looks WAY too similar to Peach in her Daisy color costume. They may look different facially and from little things like their gloves and hair, but from far away it may be a challenge to make them out. For this reason, I expect Sakurai to put Daisy in either her sports outfit or her Striker armor (two very prominent outfits of hers) to differentiate her from Peach. And don't say "OH Sakurai would have to do her dress only, it's her main outfit!!" Well um first of all Wario appears in his biker outfit as his main costume, with his overalls as an alt. Daisy appears in a majority of her games in her sports outfit wayy more than she does in her princess dress. There are more games with her in the sports clothes than there are with her in the dress. It's her more frequently worn outfit. I found this out on MarioWiki. With that reason I don't see a problem with Sakurai putting Daisy in her sports clothes in Smash.

So yeah, those are my reasons on why Daisy, the sporty, feisty, amazing, stylish, thick, princess of Sarasaland WILL be DLC.

EDIT: omggg I soo forgot about Shantae.. Obviously she's being voted wayyy higher than Daisy, but the fact that she's third party character and also from an indie game makes her kind of an iffy choice.... so I don't know. I guess Daisy is the second highest possible female then.
Daisy managed to beat out Impa and Dixie in Etika's straw poll? Maybe they felt obligated to vote for her because of Etika's obsession with her in addition to the many times he advertised her booty on his channel. *Lennyface*

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Daisy managed to beat out Impa and Dixie in Etika's straw poll? Maybe they felt obligated to vote for her because of Etika's obsession with her in addition to the many times he advertised her booty on his channel. *Lennyface*
True dat. Gotta love a thick Daisy! As Etika said, "Damn Daisy! Lookin' a little thick."

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Shantae is a character little-known in Japan, so Daisy can have a try (as best female character). Although we mustn't forget Krystal or Dixie, although both probably will be replaced by Wolf and K. Rool respectively.
That if, if Daisy not, I would look to Shantae as female representative DLC.

Indeed, the survey should be over, but no. I think the votes will not be accepted after that time.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
At first, when I seen Mario Galaxy, I thought that Rosalina was Peach with a new makeover, thinking that Nintendo has made Peach 'more hot' now.

Sometimes, I've thought about trolling Rosie fans myself by saying 'Who in the world is Rosaina?? I've heard of Daisy, but not Rosalina. Why didn't they just add the character with...you know...more screen time that many people are more familiar with?' I'd just love to see their reaction, playing the casual Mario fan role who never got pass the Game Cube days.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Shantae is a character little-known in Japan, so Daisy can have a try (as best female character). Although we mustn't forget Krystal or Dixie, although both probably will be replaced by Wolf and K. Rool respectively.
That if, if Daisy not, I would look to Shantae as female representative DLC.

Indeed, the survey should be over, but no. I think the votes will not be accepted after that time.
LOL I forgot about Krystal too. But you're right that Krystal and Dixie will probably be overshadowed by Wolf and K Rool as DLC. I've had this theory many times. K Rool simply has more votes than Dixie and is more wanted, while Wolf already has moves of his own so it's not much work for the dev team and also he can be a returning rep.

Daisy for DLC!!

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Wait Etika advertising Daisy?!?!?!

We should take advantage of this :4lemmy:

EDIT: I thought you said Lemmy face!

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

But then again, I've been thinking. Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

So yeah, those are my reasons on why Daisy, the sporty, feisty, amazing, stylish, thick, princess of Sarasaland WILL be DLC. Let's celebrate heR Smash arrival with this vote for Daisy song I found on Tumblr! It's cute and catchy. http://dearhoneylemon.tumblr.com/post/125273023462/i-initially-included-cuss-words-but-for-sanity

Then Bayonetta's case is the opposite of Solid Snake, seeing as Kojima said in a tweet that if Sakurai was reading it, then could he please add Snake back. Oh and Miiverse is oversaturated with Daisy 4 Sm4sh posts XD.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 you should probably share that awesome explaination in the general DLC character discussion. It will probably gather up a lot of....discussion!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
StarCrystal20 StarCrystal20 you should probably share that awesome explaination in the general DLC character discussion. It will probably gather up a lot of....discussion!
Oooh!!.... You're right!! I'll go do that. Thanks for the idea!

I certainly wouldn't be able to it on GameFAQS though since haters be ignoring my points and just saying stupid things like "No" "No" Nope" or "Inb4bait". Hopefully other fellow Smashboards members will hear me out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom