• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys. Just want to ask, if Princess Daisy DID make it into Smash, what should she be? Starter, Unlockable, or DLC? If unlockable, what method should be done to unlock her?
Unlockable. She's just one of those characters who are better off kept secret until the very end and trolling the ones who hate her. The reactions alone ought to make up for it like Duck Hunt. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Perfect! Love the way she looks and the pallets even have the right amount of colors to them. While Omni's team haven't got around to tackling the Flower Princess yet, a dedicated fan was able to handle this his/herself with an equal amount of effort.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Done and done. A simple thank you message to every supporter (who are called Subjects as opposed to Flower Children due to Text Limitations) shall be the only acknowledgement for now.

Other than that, there really isn't that much to do except hope for a new direct since we don't know that much about her future appearances (Ultra Smash and Rio 2016 Olympics respectively). This month is the right time to build up that hype since Level 5 is already attempting to steal their thunder with Yokai Watch this season.

(Please don't mind the massive text since some times it shrinks for whatever reason when you do so :rolleyes:).
I like that! A great way to describe us fans! Flower Children has a nice ring to it.:)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Now that the UK and US ballot are closed, there's nothing to do but wait.

If Daisy doesn't get in this time around, maybe we can get some strong leadership going. @BKupa666 is a fantastic leader of the K.Rool thread. The Kroc is his No.1 most wanted character and he pushed the Kremlings on through the Mii costume. His determination shined in that thread and he and his supports made me like the character for who he is.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well, this thread died along with the ballot.

We NEED more news!

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Come on guys, let's not stay all gloom and doom until the results are up, let's stay active and groovy like the flower princess we love so much!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
This is something I've been thinking about for a while. What would you think if Daisy was oddly a clone of Wii Fit Trainer, similar to how Ganondorf is of Captain Falcon? The fact that they are from separate series is very odd, but the move sets work so well for them. I would actually like this idea. Daisy would be stronger and heavier than WFT.

B: Flower Ball - Daisy throws a baseball with her glove, which can be charged up just like Sun Salutation. It is slower yet much stronger than Sun Salutation. The ball leaves behind a trail of flower petals.
Side B: Soccer Strike - Works just like Wii Fit Trainer's header, except slower and stronger. Daisy jumps up and does an air spin kick, kicking a heavy and strong soccer ball at the enemy.
Up B: Wonder Flower - Daisy spins around holding her tennis racquet, leaving a trail of flower petals behind her. This causes her to float up, just like Wii Fit's Hula Hoop. However like most of Daisy's moves it's a tiny bit slower abut deals a lot more damage and knockback.
Down B: Crystal Smash - Only move that is different. Daisy smashes the ground causing crystal spikes to hit the opponent upward. Slow and very strong.

Final Smash: idk lol

So I managed to make a move set that uses baseball, soccer, AND tennis!

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Hopelly Daisy casts herself on the roster, just in time for Halloween

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Well, here's to holding out hope! We've all did our part as fans, and now, I can't wait to see the fruits of our labor. We all have came THIS far, and hopefully, we've made our votes count!

Others may see us as a small minority in the community, but the one thing they CAN'T deny, is our presence. Rather they love us or hate us, our presence shows that our beloved, sassy, upbeat princess isn't a lost cause or obsolete. She is loved like any mainstream character because of our passion to stand together in hopes that she will one day blossom into a main role.

Our presence counts! Always remember that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hopelly Daisy casts herself on the roster, just in time for Halloween
Thanks for reminding me of who my girlfriend plan on being for this year. I'll be looking forward to how well crafted her outfit looks. :awesome:

This is something I've been thinking about for a while. What would you think if Daisy was oddly a clone of Wii Fit Trainer, similar to how Ganondorf is of Captain Falcon? The fact that they are from separate series is very odd, but the move sets work so well for them. I would actually like this idea. Daisy would be stronger and heavier than WFT.

B: Flower Ball - Daisy throws a baseball with her glove, which can be charged up just like Sun Salutation. It is slower yet much stronger than Sun Salutation. The ball leaves behind a trail of flower petals.
Side B: Soccer Strike - Works just like Wii Fit Trainer's header, except slower and stronger. Daisy jumps up and does an air spin kick, kicking a heavy and strong soccer ball at the enemy.
Up B: Wonder Flower - Daisy spins around holding her tennis racquet, leaving a trail of flower petals behind her. This causes her to float up, just like Wii Fit's Hula Hoop. However like most of Daisy's moves it's a tiny bit slower abut deals a lot more damage and knockback.
Down B: Crystal Smash - Only move that is different. Daisy smashes the ground causing crystal spikes to hit the opponent upward. Slow and very strong.

Final Smash: idk lol

So I managed to make a move set that uses baseball, soccer, AND tennis!
As long as she isn't low tier, then I'm fine with her being a Miss Fit clone.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I like to see you with hope and joy. :)
If Daisy were to not be in Smash, with our votes, I hope (at least) Daisy is more important and Nintendo see her support.

:awesome:

#DAISYFORSMASH

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
As long as she isn't low tier, then I'm fine with her being a Miss Fit clone.
I think an individual player's skill counts for more than where a fan-made list based on pre-existing event presence places the character, personally. ;)

I like to see you with hope and joy. :)
If Daisy were to not be in Smash, with our votes, I hope (at least) Daisy is more important and Nintendo see her support.

#DAISYFORSMASH
Nintendo will certainly have seen her support.

Remember, this ballot isn't just about this Smash installment, but also the next one, and very likely other future software as well - it's all useful data on a wider scale than just Smash.

On that note, it is worth pointing something out: Even if Daisy doesn't make it this time, it's very likely that she will make it into the next Smash title. Reason being, she's one of the last all-stars who for some bizarre reason isn't yet in the game. They'll want some big names to make a splash with that. ;)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Remember, this ballot isn't just about this Smash installment, but also the next one, and very likely other future software as well - it's all useful data on a wider scale than just Smash.

On that note, it is worth pointing something out: Even if Daisy doesn't make it this time, it's very likely that she will make it into the next Smash title. Reason being, she's one of the last all-stars who for some bizarre reason isn't yet in the game. They'll want some big names to make a splash with that. ;)
That is true, there's not many Nintendo All Stars left to pick from and most of the newcomers we received this time around are new faces as opposed to older, familiar characters that many requested. Other than Little Mac and Villager to a lesser extent, I would not really call the newcomers we had so far All Stars the slightest. Two of them (who are unironically from DKC) would be ignored again while a certain other All Star wouldn't make it due to issues with his proportions when resized. So I can imagine us getting less All Stars and more recent faces in the future.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I would have said this, but they omitted her from Mario Maker, where sprites literally take a few minutes to make if you are talented.

I'm so salty about the fact that I can make Digby levels but not Daisy levels...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Miss anything important today?
Nothing, just some conflicting leak about RogerBase and Zef having inside information on a new Smash reveal in a few weeks. Both people implied that it could be a character no one expected to win the ballot and could be rated on a hype scale from 6-8. You would have to stop by the Kuttthroat's thread to get some inside information on the full story.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Nothing, just some conflicting leak about RogerBase and Zef having inside information on a new Smash reveal in a few weeks. Both people implied that it could be a character no one expected to win the ballot and could be rated on a hype scale from 6-8. You would have to stop by the Kuttthroat's thread to get some inside information on the full story.
Really? Think it might be a chance that its Daisy?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Really? Think it might be a chance that its Daisy?
Many people speculate that it could be Inkling or K. Rool since they fit that criteria very well. But the optimist in me truly hopes that Daisy would be the one, though many wouldn't call a character like her hypeworthy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Many people speculate that it could be Inkling or K. Rool since they fit that criteria very well. But the optimist in me truly hopes that Daisy would be the one, though many wouldn't call a character like her hypeworthy.
What exactly are the criteria if it isn't too much to ask and are these guys reliable?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What exactly are the criteria if it isn't too much to ask and are these guys reliable?
--Roger tweeted first, late on Oct. 5, that he received "exciting Nintendo news." He later elaborated that the news was "an 8-9 on a hype scale," "would be coming in the next two weeks," and "we'd know when we see it." He does not mention Smash, but never says it is not Smash-related.

--Stealth tweets later the next morning, saying he knows the next Smash character, that it's coming "soon," clarified as "next two weeks" as well. He says this is a Nintendo newcomer that he doesn't think "won the ballot," but is "the character who makes a whole lot of sense for a whole lot of reasons." He elaborates that this character is "a big deal," is not "a clone or a disappointment" or "shocking." He refuses to comment on the character's gender.

--Stealth made tweets saying "If the character were Shantae, Shovel Knight or Wolf, I'd have hung myself by now," as well as that "the character would have eventually made it into Smash." He later deleted both comments.

--The same afternoon, TheRealZef comments that "Smash is about to make social media go insane" and to "get hype because everyone's about to be happy." He comments that "he hopes it doesn't leak so people can go insane," and that "Stealth isn't the only one who knows about this." He says that "he doesn't think this character won the ballot," but rather than because of the character's identity, he says it's because "otherwise they wouldn't be ready just two weeks after it closed."

--Before clamming up, Zef clarifies that "he doesn't think it can leak unless the person with the info decides to spill" and that all he can say on the matter is "connections with connections." Of note, another guy, Aversy_Tweets, says "he knows and knows Roger knows," but is confident the latter will keep quiet.

--Later still, Roger gets exasperated with fanatics harassing him on Twitter just because of him saying "Cool Nintendo news in two or so weeks," saying "It's cool news, mind you, but the hype drought has made people crazy."

--He makes a facetious post saying "OMG ROGER KNOWS ALL BALLOT WINNERS AND ISN'T TELLING," saying that if he did, that would be a 10/10 for hype. In the process, he favorites a bunch of stuff from Stealth and Zef, who are also laughing at the fan overreaction online.

--All the while, head Smashboards mod Warchamp is making posts to Roger and Stealth, making fun of the fanatics. His jokes are mostly Inkling-related..."HE SAID DROUGHT, DROUGHT = NO WATER, WATER = INKLINGS!"

The Participants:

--Roger worked at Nintendo years ago and runs the Japan Time podcast. He has had his roots in the gaming industry for a long time now, and has undoubtedly made a handful of connections along the way. I've only seen a few of his videos, but Roger is a big fan of Lanky Kong (passively supports "DK Rep" getting in the game), and people have been saying he's a big Inklings fan too (which I haven't heard a source for, but can buy).

--Stealth is a "Video Game Enthusiast" who has made legitimate statements before, about occurrences at a private Splatoon event he got to attend with other big game media names. I don't have the source in front of me, but apparently he spilled that there would be a surprise Nintendo Direct early last April, which there was despite no expectation of one. He has trolled GameFAQs before under the name of RPGrinder, and has posted on Twitter that he voted for "K. Rool, Inklings, Isaac, Malo and Andy."

--I have no idea who this Zef guy is. He has tweeted that "he has never trolled about Smash before if it makes people feel better," but has no credibility to his name that I know of. No idea who he supports

--No idea about this Averys_Tweets guy.

--Warchamp was one of the first people to have access to the ESRB leaked videos before they went viral.
So more or less, this first party character is not a ballot winner and it's someone who not many people expected. The character in question is not a clone, disappointment, or shocking. It can be literally anyone who's either not heavily voted in the ballot or can not be viewed as clone in the public's eyes (So characters like Pichu and Young Link are out of the question).

Zef is already in the K. Rool thread and you can check out his posts. But one thing I'll say is that he won't fess up very easily and he's in a trolling mood unlike the other two who has inside information. So try not to ask too much from him and just observe this phenomena with the others.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So I randomly stumbled upon Daisy's Mario Kart 8 description.

"HI I'M DAISY" The exuberant princess from another land is back on the track! She's a match for Peach and Yoshi in terms of stats, but there's probably no other racer who's as happy to be on the starting grid as she is
And Baby Daisy's description as a bonus!

The happiest baby on the course! Baby Daisy is a tough customer despite her size disadvantages. She's also a loud customer. Some things you just see coming in the early years

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Eyuup, don't be surprised, we are in a community that mostly sees Daisy as clone material at best and thus they don't want her and have you checked the PM if it isn't too much to ask?
But the whole Nintendo community seems to hate her... I asked the moderators of the Nintendo subreddit but they replied that Daisy is a Peach recolour and refused to even give her a flair.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
But the whole Nintendo community seems to hate her... I asked the moderators of the Nintendo subreddit but they replied that Daisy is a Peach recolour and refused to even give her a flair.
What did you ask them if it isn't too much to ask and don't the moderators have bias against her? I kept hearing rumors of them having bias against certain characters and Daisy just so happens to be one of them.

Top Bottom