• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daisy is....

121st.
Just like Dark Pit, she's quite the Base Breaker in the fandom. So it's obvious that they feel she's not really a needed character or thinks that Waluigi is more deserving to be the spinoff rep.

Going to be a pretty tough task to really turn the situation around in the future since many would still cling on to it. Indeed, seeing her do this bad was something anyone could have braced for since this is the same fandom that loathes Dark Pit and Young Link for the same reasons.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just like Dark Pit, she's quite the Base Breaker in the fandom. So it's obvious that they feel she's not really a needed character or thinks that Waluigi is more deserving to be the spinoff rep.

Going to be a pretty tough task to really turn the situation around in the future since many would still cling on to it. Indeed, seeing her do this bad was something anyone could have braced for since this is the same fandom that loathes Dark Pit and Young Link for the same reasons.
And yet we don't see people complain about Dr.Mario and Toon Link don't we? Like I said bias.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I have found my people. We need more Daisy in games.
Thanks for the leg up, always nice to see more Daisy fans and memoryman3 memoryman3 's claim about all the Nintendo community hating her don't think its true, for example while only a handful of people here where I live are Mario Bros fans, they don't hate Daisy, they like her more than Peach and Rosalina, saying that unlike those two, she does have attitude, and they say that Rosalina, not Daisy, is the Peach recolor(not bashing on Rosalina nor anything, this is what I hear from the few Mario Bros fans here), and heck other communities such as Serenes Forest are ok with her, they don't like her but they don't hate her either, saying that she is ok in their eyes(from the comments I have seen), so don't be discouraged because we are mostly involved in places that just don't like her, and the Nintendo subreddits mods? Ignore them, again they have bias, just like Miyamoto seems to have bias against K.Rool despite fans yearning and calling for his return.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well I just found out Daisy is indeed a flair but it has to be unlocked....done every three months and there is a 1 in 350 chance.....

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
There's a pretty good sized group of Daisy lovers where I'm from, I remember in middle school there was a fist fight in the video game club over who got to play as her in MarioKart Wii (which, I may or may not have started...)

I really hope she gets added as DLC, I've been wanting her since Brawl and was super disappointed when Rosalina got in but not Daisy (Not to say that Rosalina doesn't deserve to be in Smash, but she's been in so many games lately while Daisy's been ignored.) Anyways, if Daisy gets in she'll definitely be my alt, even if she's a complete garbage character.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
There's a pretty good sized group of Daisy lovers where I'm from, I remember in middle school there was a fist fight in the video game club over who got to play as her in MarioKart Wii (which, I may or may not have started...)
That's actually strangely nice to hear, because I'm afraid of getting into fist fights for mentioning Daisy (and not in a good way..)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I just want to add that Daisy is well-liked around my way, too. Even my parents like her! She's got a wide audience - you just maybe don't necessarily hear from them in super-focussed communities.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A new supporter is always good news in this place. Dear RC Walu RC Walu , allow me to add you to our massive list of supporters. What we do for now is wait for the news since the higher ups most likely have to begin going through the entire ballot this season.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
A new supporter is always good news in this place. Dear RC Walu RC Walu , allow me to add you to our massive list of supporters. What we do for now is wait for the news since the higher ups most likely have to begin going through the entire ballot this season.
But waiting is the worst... Let's bribe Nintendo into putting Daisy in. I got $3, you think that's enough?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But waiting is the worst... Let's bribe Nintendo into putting Daisy in. I got $3, you think that's enough?
$3? Try 999 coi.... errrrrr dollars since that would equal the same value for getting a replacement Tippi in Super Paper Mario. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If you only count the 5 votes Daisy comes out at 96th overall. Good think the real ballot doesn't have no votes huh?

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Wow, my kind of place...! I'd so join the brawl! *_* And probably get rekt in the process... But too bad that no one is crazy about Daisy where I live. I'm pretty much the lone wolf out here in this avid gamer community. The only place where I can comfortably talk about Daisy is literally in this thread.

Oh, and welcome to the thread, my friend! Glad to have you aboard.:)

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Wow, my kind of place...! I'd so join the brawl! *_* And probably get rekt in the process...
I remember after that Daisy was reserved exclusively for me, no one dared to play as her while I was around.

Also, I'm glad to be aboard, too bad I came late to the party and missed all the hype during the ballots. Hopefully, I'll still be around when she gets revealed for DLC and the hype train starts up again.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I remember after that Daisy was reserved exclusively for me, no one dared to play as her while I was around.

Also, I'm glad to be aboard, too bad I came late to the party and missed all the hype during the ballots. Hopefully, I'll still be around when she gets revealed for DLC and the hype train starts up again.
Like I said, the few fans around here where I live see her in a positive light and see Rosalina as the Peach recolor.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Rosalina isn't even that good of a Peach recolor, all they did was change the dress. Wait a minute... PEACH IS ROSALINA CONFIRMED!
Check out game theory on that subject.

Peach is likely to be Rosalina's deadbeat Mom.

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Check out game theory on that subject.

Peach is likely to be Rosalina's deadbeat Mom.
But that's just a theory... A GAME THEORY! Thanks for watching. ...something something super amazing end card tournament...
It's been a while since I watched MatPat.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
How does that even work? I mean, doesn't Rosalina's storybook imply that her mother is no longer among the living?
Yes, but I think the theory establishes something else in the storybook means Rosalina exists outside of time or has travelled through it (maybe in the sequel to the Mario Galaxy series: Super mario Timestream? Just switch Trent Reznor for Huey Lewis.) Rosalina defies physics, that's why there's a literal nebula somehow residing under her dress.

This conversation isn't Daisy Centric enough so uhm... check out this fan-game boss fight in a game that includes Daisy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDQm4m6prfQ

Yeah, it's Tatanga, I don't know if I've posted this before and I'm too lazy to check. The guy also has a decent game with Dimentio (super Paper mario) as your main villain

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, it's Tatanga
I always thought that Tatanga was cool. I mean, Mario's off in a kingdom that's more unusual and exotic than the Mushroom Kingdom, so it only made sense that Super Mario Land's antagonist was more unusual, too. It's a shame that he never showed up again... :c

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I always thought that Tatanga was cool. I mean, Mario's off in a kingdom that's more unusual and exotic than the Mushroom Kingdom, so it only made sense that Super Mario Land's antagonist was more unusual, too. It's a shame that he never showed up again... :c
I want Nintendo to make a Daisy- centric game that plays like the original Tatanga boss fight/Super Air Zonk with mario power ups and enemies.

Edit: Whoa! So, I'm a dunce, but leaving youtube on and forgetting about it, apparently a brainwashed Daisy is also a boss in that game, perfect thread-stuffs.

Not really the moveset I'd give the dessert princess (who's also the flower princess and loves boat cruises.... she is such a contradiction!) But still cool.

For all interested, the game is free.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So I wrote a long rant about Daisy in Reddit....

http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3o4aga/its_hard_being_a_daisy_fan_sometimes/

Upvotes to give more exposure would be appreciated.

EDIT: But it got zeroed out VERY quickly....
Never will take into account what 4Chan and Reddit say about Daisy because they are full of bias when it comes to her. Aaaand I am not surprised to see people saying things like: "Then move on to a character that actually has following and is loved by all" or "Daisy doesn't contribute anything important" if this is true, then Waluigi has contributed even less, yet people don't bash him nor anything, like I said bias.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Yeah, I've seen literal junk get upvoted on Reddit, especially the Amiibo section. At least this thread keeps my spirits going.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

http://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3o4aga/its_hard_being_a_daisy_fan_sometimes/

Wow, the response to that post was dreadful. I don't really see the point of making such harsh comments about a character to one of her biggest fans.

Are there arguments that can be made against Daisy's inclusion in Smash? Sure, but you don't need to call her completely uninteresting or criticize her fans to make them.

Here's a Sonic 1 version of Muda Kingdom to listen to when the haters/detractors get you down:

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Memoryman, I just read the comments from your post on reddit, and wow. They missed the point of your Topic completely.

Waluigi gets a free pass (I support him too though), but Daisy is the one who gets hated.

I really hope the character reveal will be of Daisy soon. Whenever she does get revealed, Nintendo should announce a new game featuring her.

It should revolve around Daisy. Being in the Mushroom Kingdom atm, Tatanga and Bowser comes and kidnaps Mario and Luigi (Due to Tatanga confusing them) They then head to Daisy's castle to conquer it, and to make it theirs.

Daisy is forced to save the two. (She'd be the default player 1, while a Yoshi can be P2)
After Daisy beats the lasts level in the world, Peach finally comes along to join Daisy in her adventure. Since Peach joins, she will be the default character option for P2, and Yoshi (along with other Yoshis and Toads) would guard Peach's Castle until the Princesses return with the famed plumbers. After this World, Peach will follow Daisy to Sarasaland, going on to World 2.

I would love every bit of this.

Also, Waluigi, Captain Toad, and Rosalina would be unlockables for the Three 'Bonus' Worlds after Worlds 1-8.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

I can see that it was quite the struggle. Those rash comments have moved me in a way to almost create an account so I can back you up. There were some that even saw you as a troll, but in actuality, you just come off as a very passionate Daisy fan, and it's a shame that their biasd mindsets are too poisoned to see that passion.

There are moments where I wanted to become a Rosalina fan myself, but seeing those kinds of people turn me away from it. I like Rosalina, but not the fan base she's associated with since they always blow smoke up her rear, and can't even cut a disadvantaged character a break! That's 'insult to injury,' my friend, and furthermore, you're right on the money in your title, stating that 'it's hard being a Daisy fan sometimes.' Just because a character is in the spin-offs doesn't mean you have to hate her...

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I can see that it was quite the struggle. Those rash comments have moved me in a way to almost create an account so I can back you up. There were some that even saw you as a troll, but in actuality, you just come off as a very passionate Daisy fan, and it's a shame that their biasd mindsets are too poisoned to see that passion.

There are moments where I wanted to become a Rosalina fan myself, but seeing those kinds of people turn me away from it. I like Rosalina, but not the fan base she's associated with since they always blow smoke up her rear, and can't even cut a disadvantaged character a break! That's 'insult to injury,' my friend, and furthermore, you're right on the money in your title, stating that 'it's hard being a Daisy fan sometimes.' Just because a character is in the spin-offs doesn't mean you have to hate her...
4Chan and Reddit: Biased.
GameFaqs: Freaking Michaellol.

Fanboys ruin a fan base in people's eyes, this is what stopping me from being neutral, to actually like Rosalina, knowing that SOME fans overrate her and downgrade others just because they aren't important in their eyes, I know, we all have characters that we like and some we don't, but the treatment Daisy gets just because she isn't 'important' is not fair, Waluigi is just the same case as her and yet we don't see him get treated poorly do we?

Top Bottom