• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait Etika advertising Daisy?!?!?!

We should take advantage of this :4lemmy:

EDIT: I thought you said Lemmy face!
He's been doing it for a while, ever since his video on Sakurai not making DLC after Mewtwo (which was proven false already). The picture in question involves Daisy with a large glutamus maximus and I'm sure they are in the crowd that believe's she should be playable for that reason.

Then there's his infamous reaction to Daisy from that Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Games trailer where he said "Daisy for Smash!" because of her leotard. But let's not forget he also made a fake leak with Daisy as an example of how easy it is to fake leaks on 4Chan. Him and the rest of his fans are legions of perverts after all.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
He's been doing it for a while, ever since his video on Sakurai not making DLC after Mewtwo (which was proven false already). The picture in question involves Daisy with a large glutamus maximus and I'm sure they are in the crowd that believe's she should be playable for that reason.

Then there's his infamous reaction to Daisy from that Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Games trailer where he said "Daisy for Smash!" because of her leotard. But let's not forget he also made a fake leak with Daisy as an example of how easy it is to fake leaks on 4Chan. Him and the rest of his fans are legions of perverts after all.
Wait, Etika himself made the fake Daisy leak? I thought it was just some random 4chan person.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, Etika himself made the fake Daisy leak? I thought it was just some random 4chan person.
It wasn't that leak, but another one he posted on his Twitter account in response to that Pichu/Ice Climbers leak. It was more or less an example of how easy it is to fake victory screen images with Photoshop.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Well, since the Ballots went on for a little longer than I thought, I decided to make two more Daisy Miiverse pictures. Admitedly they're a little late, but I was busy throughout most of the day.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkf9UX3ng

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkf_O9abQ

Had a great time making these along with the previous ones and that Smashified picture I made a month back. Well, I'm going to get a few more votes in and that will be it for me. Here's to hoping for the best and being proud of all our efforts!

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I didn't get to read all the replies since there is 176 pages. But I know that there are people who want Daisy as well as people who don't want Daisy. I believe Daisy should be in Smash bros because unlike a lot of the arguments people who know nothing about her make she is extremely different from Peach. The only similarities they share is that they both need rescuing (Peach more), they both are princesses and have castles, and they both wear dresses. Besides those things they shouldn't even be compared. Daisy has a tomboyish nature and she is competitive. On the other hand Peach is polite and is very kind yet weak. Daisy deserves to be a fighter after being just an extra character in Mario spin off games for all these years. She can have such a diverse moveset, she can utilize flowers since that's a big part of her character. Or you could make her a speedy power character since that's how she's mostly described when it comes to spinoff games or she can use moves from the various sports games she's been in such as, a mega kick for Strikers, etc. Overall, the possibilities are endless with Daisy and she's been put to the side for too long. Lets have Daisy redeem herself in Smash and show that she can't be replaced by an intergalactic space princess.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, I didn't get to read all the replies since there is 176 pages. But I know that there are people who want Daisy as well as people who don't want Daisy. I believe Daisy should be in Smash bros because unlike a lot of the arguments people who know nothing about her make she is extremely different from Peach. The only similarities they share is that they both need rescuing (Peach more), they both are princesses and have castles, and they both wear dresses. Besides those things they shouldn't even be compared. Daisy has a tomboyish nature and she is competitive. On the other hand Peach is polite and is very kind yet weak. Daisy deserves to be a fighter after being just an extra character in Mario spin off games for all these years. She can have such a diverse moveset, she can utilize flowers since that's a big part of her character. Or you could make her a speedy power character since that's how she's mostly described when it comes to spinoff games or she can use moves from the various sports games she's been in such as, a mega kick for Strikers, etc. Overall, the possibilities are endless with Daisy and she's been put to the side for too long. Lets have Daisy redeem herself in Smash and show that she can't be replaced by an intergalactic space princess.
So I take it that you want to be on the support list. Because everything you've said is exactly what we all been thinking. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And now you now an honorary member of the flower group. We hope to see more of you within next upcoming months since we still need to find out who these final few DLC fighters are. ;)

Is there anyone else that I've missed other than the mysterious @Princess Orange that "lurked" here within these past few months?

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
And now you now an honorary member of the flower group. We hope to see more of you within next upcoming months since we still need to find out who these final few DLC fighters are. ;)

Is there anyone else that I've missed other than the mysterious @Princess Orange that "lurked" here within these past few months?
Maybe Michaellol? ;)

I don't know why he doesn't come here....

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Well, since the Ballots went on for a little longer than I thought, I decided to make two more Daisy Miiverse pictures. Admitedly they're a little late, but I was busy throughout most of the day.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkf9UX3ng

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkf_O9abQ

Had a great time making these along with the previous ones and that Smashified picture I made a month back. Well, I'm going to get a few more votes in and that will be it for me. Here's to hoping for the best and being proud of all our efforts!
These are really good!! So nicely done, especially the first one where she's pounding the ground. Damn!

And guys, how likely do you think character costume DLC is? I was thinking. Since Halloween is like right around the corner, it would be so cool and fitting for them to do an alt costume DLC pack for Halloween instead of Mii costumes!
And, if Daisy isn't one of the three character spots, maybe she has a chance of being a DLC Peach costume!!
I would love this. Honestly I wouldn't mind if Daisy was a Peach alt because:
*At least she's in the game. You get to play as frickin' DAISY in Smash Bros.!
*I already love Peach's playstyle and moveset, and being able to play as Daisy with it would make it even more fun and less boring, since I can switch between the two princess depending on who I feel like playing as.

But the thing is, and I've said this many times, alt costumes have no special effect chances!! If you see, the Koopalings, Alph, Villagers, and Wii Fit Trainers all have the same blast/sparkle/projectile effects. Daisy would have to use flowers and all things orange instead of the pink that Peach uses, as well as have pictures of Daisy in the final smash. It just wouldn't make sense for them to do that for Daisy. But then again, if we're talking about DLC, then Nintendo might be able to do this with Daisy as a special case different from other alts, since she would be DLC.

Also I remember someone one told me (I forgot) that Palutena has a special effect change in her dark color costume. I think they said her light turned darker or something?

So yeah. Basically I'd want them to do a Halloween DLC pack called something like Special Alternate Costume Pack #1.
The reason why this says Special in the title is because these alts aren't ordinary alts, they have complete special effect changes. But they'd still have same collisions, damage amounts, etc.
My idea would have:
Daisy (sports outfit) for Peach - Toadette instead of Toad on B move, flower effects, flower glider, pictures of Daisy in final smash with yellow/orange boarders, and spawns oranges instead of peaches.
Impa for Sheik - mostly same effects, but Vanish (up B) would leave a purplish shadowy explosion instead of a bright orangey firey one. Light Arrow also becomes a shadow arrow (I know that's not a real thing in Zelda but it would still make an awesome alt final smash to match Impa's roll as the guardian of shadow).
Dry Bowser - uses blue fire in place of regular Bowser's red orange fire; also turns into Giga Dry Bowser instead of Dry Bowser.

Help me come up with some more!! Lol wow, coming up with this stuff makes me wish it was actually real... :(

HanAmes

Smash Ace
These are really good!! So nicely done, especially the first one where she's pounding the ground. Damn!

And guys, how likely do you think character costume DLC is? I was thinking. Since Halloween is like right around the corner, it would be so cool and fitting for them to do an alt costume DLC pack for Halloween instead of Mii costumes!
And, if Daisy isn't one of the three character spots, maybe she has a chance of being a DLC Peach costume!!
*I already love Peach's playstyle and moveset, and being able to play as Daisy with it would make it even more fun and less boring, since I can switch between the two princess depending on who I feel like playing as.

But the thing is, and I've said this many times, alt costumes have no special effect chances!! If you see, the Koopalings, Alph, Villagers, and Wii Fit Trainers all have the same blast/sparkle/projectile effects. Daisy would have to use flowers and all things orange instead of the pink that Peach uses, as well as have pictures of Daisy in the final smash. It just wouldn't make sense for them to do that for Daisy. But then again, if we're talking about DLC, then Nintendo might be able to do this with Daisy as a special case different from other alts, since she would be DLC.

Also I remember someone one told me (I forgot) that Palutena has a special effect change in her dark color costume. I think they said her light turned darker or something?

So yeah. Basically I'd want them to do a Halloween DLC pack called something like Special Alternate Costume Pack #1.
The reason why this says Special in the title is because these alts aren't ordinary alts, they have complete special effect changes. But they'd still have same collisions, damage amounts, etc.
My idea would have:
Daisy (sports outfit) for Peach - Toadette instead of Toad on B move, flower effects, flower glider, pictures of Daisy in final smash with yellow/orange boarders, and spawns oranges instead of peaches.
Impa for Sheik - mostly same effects, but Vanish (up B) would leave a purplish shadowy explosion instead of a bright orangey firey one. Light Arrow also becomes a shadow arrow (I know that's not a real thing in Zelda but it would still make an awesome alt final smash to match Impa's roll as the guardian of shadow).
Dry Bowser - uses blue fire in place of regular Bowser's red orange fire; also turns into Giga Dry Bowser instead of Dry Bowser.

Help me come up with some more!! Lol wow, coming up with this stuff makes me wish it was actually real... :(
How about Hilda from ALBW for Zelda? I think she'd be the perfect candidate to swap all of Zelda's usual light effects to be more dark, since we're dealing with a total opposite, like the backside of a coin, and not to mention, the Dark Arrow for Final Smash!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
How about Hilda from ALBW for Zelda? I think she'd be the perfect candidate to swap all of Zelda's usual light effects to be more dark, since we're dealing with a total opposite, like the backside of a coin, and not to mention, the Dark Arrow for Final Smash!
Omg genius! I totally forgot about Hilda. Character be slippin my mind when I think of all this.
Omgg... Nintendo NEEDS to do this. Special Alt Costume Halloween Pack 1 MUST be a thing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though looking at the Mario timeline, still can't believe that Daisy is an older character than Yoshi. I guess it's because I associate the original GB with the SNES generation when, like the DS to the Wii, it came out beforehand. Not to mention that Daisy didn't return until Spin-offs got casts big enough in the N64 era. (bar a GOLF cameo and da movie)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of the movie, I still can't believe that Miyamoto canonized the last name of the Mario Bros. as Mario. Either he told the scriptwriters that before the initial screening or the movie was a huge guilty pleasure to him.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/0...s-opening-for-3-characters-and-4-stage-slots/
Hmm... only 3 spots available? Daisy is STILL getting in. At least I think so. Here's why.

I've been thinking. Answer this if it's true or false: Is Daisy the highest voted possible female?

I think the answer is true. The Daisy Smashboards page is way longer than both Dixie and Impa, and Daisy managed to get a lot more votes than both of them on the Etika straw poll.
PROOF: http://strawpoll.me/5619260/r

While Bayonetta is higher than Daisy on the Etika poll, the Bayonetta creator clearly tweeted multiple times that he does not want her in Smash. He said something around the lines of, "F OFF, Smash idiots" or some crap like that. So to me that automatically deconfirms Bayonetta.

And it would be a bit odd if the three upcoming DLC characters were all male. Surely they'd have to do at least 1 female. So, 2 males, and 1 female. Now, before anyone starts b-tching about what I'm saying and says, "You're sexist for wanting a girl just because she's a girl!!!" I just have to say that that is in no way sexist, because it brings more variety to the DLC and to the game itself and because the particular character has a lot of unique attributes about her, not just her gender.

So anyway, I'm thinking the DLC will be K Rool, someone (maybe Isaac, idk), and Daisy. As I said, she's the highest female on the Etika poll, not counting Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, and Inkling, since Inkling is a Mii costume. Now before people start b-tching again saying "The costume doesn't deconfirm them! They still have a chance!!" Well, here's what I have to say to that: "LOL." Sorry Inkling fans, but unlike the Link, Chrom, Samus, and other character costumes, the Inkling costumes look EXACTLY like the real Inklings and are made in their likeness. Why would they make Inklings separate characters when they already have created costumes that look exactly like them, carry the guns that real Inklings would have, and also are available for use on Mii Gunners, which, to me, has moves that are really perfect for Inkling! They look so awesome on them. The Link, Chrom, and Samus costumes look vastly different from the actual characters because of their bigger heads, shorter, stouter bodies, and overall chibi look which is different from the actual character.

As for Ice Climbers, which can be seen as a viable female DLC rep since Nana is there, I don't think they have a chance since Sakurai once explained exactly why they were not included into Smash 4, the reason being graphical limitations and that there are 2 of them which would cause glitches and lag or something like that.

And now a breakdown of reasons why I think Daisy will make it in:
*Highest voted possible female with my reasons.
*Not a third party (Not saying third parties have no chance, but the fact that she's not makes her an easy choice to be DLC)
*Easily recognized character by many people, especially casuals (Example: I asked my friend if he has the new Smash Bros. and said he should get it since Princess Rosalina is in it. Him: Oh! Is she that brunette princess who wears yellow? Me: No that's Daisy. I'm talking about the blue princes. Him: Oh. Never heard of her haha"
*She is a character from the biggest, main franchise in Smash: MARIO.

Additionally, Daisy in her dress looks WAY too similar to Peach in her Daisy color costume. They may look different facially and from little things like their gloves and hair, but from far away it may be a challenge to make them out. For this reason, I expect Sakurai to put Daisy in either her sports outfit or her Striker armor (two very prominent outfits of hers) to differentiate her from Peach. And don't say "OH Sakurai would have to do her dress only, it's her main outfit!!" Well um first of all Wario appears in his biker outfit as his main costume, with his overalls as an alt. Daisy appears in a majority of her games in her sports outfit wayy more than she does in her princess dress. There are more games with her in the sports clothes than there are with her in the dress. It's her more frequently worn outfit. I found this out on MarioWiki. With that reason I don't see a problem with Sakurai putting Daisy in her sports clothes in Smash.

So yeah, those are my reasons on why Daisy, the sporty, feisty, amazing, stylish, thick, princess of Sarasaland WILL be DLC. Let's celebrate her Smash arrival with this vote for Daisy song I found on Tumblr! It's cute and catchy. http://dearhoneylemon.tumblr.com/post/125273023462/i-initially-included-cuss-words-but-for-sanity

What do you think of my theories? Believable or stupid? You decide.

EDIT: omggg I soo forgot about Shantae.. Obviously she's being voted wayyy higher than Daisy, but the fact that she's third party character and also from an indie game makes her kind of an iffy choice.... so I don't know. I guess Daisy is the second highest possible female then.
I hope you're right about there being at least one female ballot fighter. It'd be nice to have more female characters in Smash and I think there are a lot of good ones to choose from, including Daisy. I'm curious if Sakurai and co. consider the age and gender of voters when choosing ballot fighters. Could the fact that some characters got a disproportionate amount of support from female fans make them more likely to get in than otherwise? I guess it's hard to say; we don't really have access to that demographic info yet and it's not like male fans only vote for male characters and female fans only vote for female ones.

Is Daisy the most likely female character to become a ballot fighter? I don't know that. But I'd be down with her being in.

The mysterious @Princess Orange, guardian of the Daisy support thread, haha.

My idea would have:

More costumes would be cool. I'd totally use a Paula alt for Ness. The only move that Ness has that would be bit weird for her to have is his baseball bat, but if she were a special alt, that could be changed too. Plus, it's not like her using a bat is that much less fitting than Ness using PK moves he can't learn in Earthbound.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Masked Dedede! No major changes needed - just the addition of the power-amplifying mask, and the revised hammer.

I've been wishing for them to make alts like this since the DLC period began, honestly. I would actually occasionally use this one, if it were to be made.

Speaking of the movie, I still can't believe that Miyamoto canonized the last name of the Mario Bros. as Mario. Either he told the scriptwriters that before the initial screening or the movie was a huge guilty pleasure to him.
It was official before the movie was ever licensed out, let alone actually made - at the very least it was mentioned in the cartoons produced by DiC as well (I'm unsure if any books of the era also mentioned it), so it was probably in the licensing notes that were provided to them.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Omg genius! I totally forgot about Hilda. Character be slippin my mind when I think of all this.
Omgg... Nintendo NEEDS to do this. Special Alt Costume Halloween Pack 1 MUST be a thing.
Yeah, Hilda is pretty much the Princess Daisy of the Zelda universe; well at least imo.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well this is awkward.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a month away and we know almost nothing about it. We just learned that Luigi is in recently!

Also, the ballot page is still open....

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this is awkward.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a month away and we know almost nothing about it. We just learned that Luigi is in recently!

I think Nintendo's Marketing division is at bit of a loss after Ster Fax Nada got held back to next year. Speaking of sports game that should come out soon, what about the Rio Olympics with Sonic's crew?

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Well this is awkward.

Haha lol I wish they would show more Mario Tennis Ultra smash artworks. Well tbh I could care less about any other character I just want to see if Daisy will get a new HD artwork in her sports outfit or golf dress. If she doesn't then that's how you know she won't be DLC and that Nintendo hates her.

And yeah I also find it really strange how the ballot page is still opened. I was expecting it to say something like "Oh it's over sorry" or something.

I think Nintendo's Marketing division is at bit of a loss after Ster Fax Nada got held back to next year. Speaking of sports game that should come out soon, what about the Rio Olympics with Sonic's crew?
That game honestly doesn't look fun; I stopped buying the Mario and SOnic Olympic games and I only have the first one from 2007 and the winter one from 2009.
The only thing that I was excited about was that Daisy got a lot of screentime in the trailer when she was shown dancing and doing gymnastics. She even got more screentime than Peach!

If Daisy doesn't get a new official artwork then I will be disappointed.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Star Fox fan though I am, I know full well that the series really doesn't sell well. There is absolutely no way that their marketing folks are at a loss over its delay, when left with a Mario spin-off that was always going to absolutely obliterate it sales-wise anyway. ;)

And yeah I also find it really strange how the ballot page is still opened. I was expecting it to say something like "Oh it's over sorry" or something.
The more curious thing is that the "Movie List" pages on each of the international variants of the site have been breaking one by one over the course of today. ;)

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
The more curious thing is that the "Movie List" pages on each of the international variants of the site have been breaking one by one over the course of today. ;)
Oooh!!!!! I heard about that too. I wonder what that means though. Hopefully something related to DLC.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Star Fox fan though I am, I know full well that the series really doesn't sell well. There is absolutely no way that their marketing folks are at a loss over its delay, when left with a Mario spin-off that was always going to absolutely obliterate it sales-wise anyway. ;)

Point A. I think SFZ was Nintendo 's "Gamer Game" while the Tennis and Olympics ones won't get a lot of hype but will get a lot of ad focus when they release.

Point B. You're right! The UK one just went down. Mighty Surrrspicious.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there's not much left to do but hope. And get made fun of for having hope for Daisy.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
The waiting game. I seriously hope this doesn't take too long, but for all we know, it could be next year. Though they did reveal Mewtwo when he was just a model.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , it's probably time for a new title update! Now that the Ballot is closed and all....
Done and done. A simple thank you message to every supporter (who are called Subjects as opposed to Flower Children due to Text Limitations) shall be the only acknowledgement for now.

Other than that, there really isn't that much to do except hope for a new direct since we don't know that much about her future appearances (Ultra Smash and Rio 2016 Olympics respectively). This month is the right time to build up that hype since Level 5 is already attempting to steal their thunder with Yokai Watch this season.

(Please don't mind the massive text since some times it shrinks for whatever reason when you do so :rolleyes:).

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Just want to ask, if Princess Daisy DID make it into Smash, what should she be? Starter, Unlockable, or DLC? If unlockable, what method should be done to unlock her?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys. Just want to ask, if Princess Daisy DID make it into Smash, what should she be? Starter, Unlockable, or DLC? If unlockable, what method should be done to unlock her?
I want to say unlockable, purely so that the required method to unlock her is something like beating Classic on a certain intensity with both Peach and Rosalina. Since a fair portion of the roster are royals, it wouldn't be fair to say that you'd have to do so as every member of Nintendo's royalty, though! :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I want to say unlockable, purely so that the required method to unlock her is something like beating Classic on a certain intensity with both Peach and Rosalina. Since a fair portion of the roster are royals, it wouldn't be fair to say that you'd have to do so as every member of Nintendo's royalty, though! :laugh:
Not a bad idea! Anything involving Luigi by any chance?:p

Top Bottom