• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Most of our fans had been inactive for a while, no surprise there. Though everyone has something called a life or chances are they they are dealing personal issues. So it's best to focus on the more dedicated members for now and wait for the day whenever the Smash team wants to show us the ballot results.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Speaking of which, I found this image of the Mario 2016 calendar!

:(

Although it kinda makes sense since Daisy doesn't have long flowing hair...

Also DK a secret Mario rep confirmed.

And there's a poll that Etika is holding to decide which character he wants to vote for!

http://strawpoll.me/5619260/r

Last edited:

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
October 1st.........i can't wait. COME ON DAISY DANG IT YOU GOTTA WIN OR I'LL BE SALTY AF. I mean, good luck to all characters c:

NNID
Samyatang
Something I drew! :D

Yeah, I just had to draw her, since it's been so long. I also made a moveset for Daisy, (this moveset is if a semi-clone is the route Daisy would take)
Statistics:

Size: Medium

Weight: 4/10

Attack Strength (Damage): 7/10

Overall Speed: 6.5/10

Number of Jumps: 2

Overall Jump Stat: 4/10

Overall Grab Stat: 5/10; average

Launch (Knockback): 5.5/10

Range:5/10

Agility: 6/10

Wall Kick: No

Able to Stick to Walls: No

Crawl: Yes

Character Animations (Idles, etc.):

Character Entrance: Princess Daisy first appears from a gathering of flowers as she then cheerfully exclaims “Hi!” whilst smiling and waving.

Stance: Daisy takes a casual idle position, still looking very energetic and upbeat, hence the notable smile on her face.

Walking:

Slow: Like Peach’s, only with Daisy walking a bit faster and bearing a more serious look on her face.

Normal: Sort of in tune with the quirkiness of Peach skipping; Daisy instead does a sort of sassy strut-walk (Or whatever you want to call it. :p)

Dash: Would essentially be the same as Peach’s, only with her arms thrown behind her for extra momentum and rougher posture. She cares not about ruining or tripping on her dress (Which is impossible because this isn’t Brawl.)

Jumps:

The first jump is a short hop off the ground with a front (or back) flip. (Just for the sake of giving Daisy a little more of the athletic edge over Peach.) The second jump is like Peach’s; only she does two extra twirls.

Crouch:

Crouch: A simple crouch very low to the ground with her hands and knees on the ground.

Crawl: A simple crawl very low to the ground. (Kind of the kind of crawl you would do if you’re looking for something you just dropped on the floor. xD)

Idle Animations:

Flips her hair slowly with her left hand with her eyes closed.

Daisy stretches both of her arms out in front of her and cracks her knuckles with both eyes closed.

Actually takes some consideration for her dress, and lifts it a little bit above her ankles before fluffing it out and letting it drop back down.

The Attack Guide

Special Attacks

Standard Special – Superball (Other Standard Special Ideas that I had but decided against: Potted Piranha Plant, Potted Ivy)

Daisy shoots out a Superball from her hand. Very straightforward; or not. The Superball bounces off of objects and characters before fizzling out. Minimal damage. (Potted Piranha: Exactly what a Potted Piranha Plant does; bites at anything in its radius. Does moderate damage. Potted Ivy: This is really a non-canon funny thing I thought of that relates to Daisy’s plant affinity. She has a pot of Poison Ivy, and she can either toss some of the poison ivy out of the pot by giving it a swing, and it sticks to the ground, or to an opponent in its radius, which makes them really itchy, and by Smash Bros. funny logic, it deals damage.. Like a Lip’s Stick, the opponent(s) gets a flower attached to their head that gradually builds up damage. If they step on the ground where poison ivy is planted, they will also get a Lip’s Stick effect.)

Side Special – Flower Bomber

Sigh…the dreaded hip bump. Daisy twirls before lounging her rear end at the opponent, exclaiming the most annoying "Hat-chaa!" her loud voice can muster, planting a Lip’s Stick flower on the opponent(s) head. (Yes, the blast from whatever flower explosion has a larger radius than Peach’s hearts, so whether or not if an opponent gets straight up hit by this attack, anyone in the range of the flower explosion will get a nice surprise on their heads, too.)

Up Special – Power Flower

Daisy pulls out the Flower Glider from Mario Kart, and with a short jump, the glider pops out, and the glider twirls, with pretty flower petals falling from it…No, she doesn’t float down gently to the ground. She’s not Peach, she’s not Mary Poppins, therefore she cannot just float to her doom with the umbrella. Her descent is only slightly slower than her normal jump, so think fast. The Helpless State would be Daisy closing the umbrella, and she twirls downward until she hits the ground (And poses! :D) The move is so-so, but it actually deals pretty good damage. But pressing and holding down will cause Daisy to do a knee drop, and hit opponent(s) or rarely, bury an opponent. Be careful when doing this, though, because there’s a chance that you can accidentally do this and practically meteor yourself. :p

Down Special – Carrot

Peach pulls out turnips—Daisy pulls out carrots! Each carrot deals 5-10 damage. Nope, nothing too special about these cute carrots. Oh, there’s the occasional exploding carrot, but that’s about it. Oh, and sometimes she pulls out an Ore Club or a Fire Bar. And sometimes she pulls out a turnip, because why not?

Ground Attacks

Neutral Jab – Punch

Peach slaps. Daisy punches. ‘Nuff said.

Side Tilt – Power Kick

That almost anatomically impossible high kick that Peach does, but…this one’s not so professional. Doesn’t go as high, doesn’t hurt as much, and Daisy nearly loses her balance with this, so we’re dealing with some moderate ending lag here. (Not everyone’s perfect, am I right? :D)

Up Tilt - Flowerworks

Like Peach’s Up Tilt, Daisy points her hand up and shoots out an array of colorful, flower-shaped explosions with a few flower petals in the mix, with a cartoonish blooming sound effect in the distance. The hitbox is in the center, has high knockback, but poor damage. The flower patterned-fireworks come in the colors orange, green, and yellow. What really makes this move different from Peach’s (as if fireworks to measly hearts wasn’t enough) is that it hits multiple times. What could be more satisfying than seeing your opponent(s) get caught in a blast of fireworks before they go flying? :D

Down Tilt – The Flower’s Thorn

Daisy sits on the ground and waves her hand upwards, causing a long, sharp thorn to come out of the ground in front of her. Pops opponents into the air, and great for chains, and has little startup and ending lag. Good for giving your opponent(s) a little scare, too. Knockback is great enough to potentially KO, but poor damage.

Dash Attack – Running Punch

Daisy then dashes quickly and like Peach/Zelda, she runs out with both hands out, but instead of pushing, Daisy does a hard-hitting Double-punch to the opponent, and the releasing of her arms does good damage, too, not to mention it hits pretty hard.

Smashes

Side Smash – Roulette Smash

Daisy performs a side Smash similar to Peach’s with one of the three choices: a tennis racquet, a bouquet of flowers (Peach gets to use a frying pan; why not?) or just her bare fists! Goes at a lower angle than Peach’s, however.

Down Smash – Crystal Smash!

Semi-clone or not, I think Daisy wouldn’t be complete without this move. Daisy punches the ground with both hands, and tall sharp orange crystals come out of the ground. Covers both high and low, and when the crystals shatter, they deal 5% additional damage. Very strong, and a reliable KO method, but has really bad ending lag.

Up Smash – Twirling Flower

Peach gets to spin—Daisy can too! Excitedly, Daisy closes her eyes with both hands to her chest, and when she begins to spin, she opens her eyes and smiles, spreading out her arms while twirling, hitting up to 10 times really quickly. The ending lag would be from Daisy getting slightly dizzy. ^-^;

Aerials

Neutral Air – Split Kick

Daisy does a fast but strong split kick. Covers on both sides, and has barely any ending or startup lag.

Forward Aerial – Hip Attack

Daisy does a hip attack; no, not a booty bump. A literal hip attack. With both eyes closed and her arms up, Daisy does a hip attack forward. Decent damage.

Upward Aerial – Multitude of Kicks

Like Peach’s Downward Aerial, but upwards. Boom. New move. Hah!

Backward Aerial – Crown Smash

Like Peach’s Forward Air, but backwards. Also hits way harder because not only does Daisy smash the crown really hard into the opponent, but you also get impact from Daisy’s fist itself. Hits really hard, and has meteor potential. The meteor sweetspot is right in the center of her knuckles and between the crown.

Downward Aerial – Rainbow Kick

Daisy does a downward swipe kick, leaving a trail of rainbows. (MM HM, BECAUSE WYNAUT.)

Grabs

Daisy grabs the opponent with her bare hands roughly. Quite a fast grab. Poor range, however.

Pummel:

Her pummel would be her kneeing the opponent in the gut.

Forward Throw:

Daisy throws the opponent hard in front of her before delivering a powerful punch with her left hand to send them soaring!

Upward Throw:

Daisy Volleys them off of her head twice before delivering a final blow; which is summoning a Dice Block from Mario Party, and having the opponent on top of it, punching the dice with her left hand to send her opponent soaring! The numbers on the dice change for cosmetic effect, and after the attack, the Dice Block itself poofs into smoke.

Backward Throw:

Booty bump. Yeah, like Peach.

Downward Throw:

Sits on the opponent, like Peach...

Final Smash – Let’s Party!

First, Daisy closes her eyes tight before blowing her hands like a whistle. The Daisy Cruiser from Mario Kart Double Dash (a smaller version of it, of course) then comes through a tread of water that seemingly appears out of nowhere before gushing forwards. Daisy does a back flip onto the top of the cruise ship. Once on top, Daisy yells loudly “LET’S PARTY!” and then waves frantically, as she and the Daisy Cruiser keeps going through the tread of water, and the water makes it hard for the opponent(s) to navigate away from the cruise ship.. Cheep Cheeps will even jump out of the water, dealing minimal damage to the opponent(s), and those purple spike puffer fish things (I forgot the name of them, but I know they’re from the New Super Mario Bros. series xP) will even be in the water too, causing dead ends or traps for the opponent(s) or just make it harder for them to navigate, and the bottom spike can even meteor the opponent(s) into the water and instantly KO them! Then, Bloopers will eventually come around, squirting ink all over the opponent(s), which inverts their controls for a moment and does minimal damage. After a moment of the Final Smash goes on, Daisy, who’s partying and whatever on top of the cruise ship then yells, “Outta the way!” as the cruise ship speeds up, then hits whoever’s still in its path, sending them flying! The Final Smash ends with Daisy back-flipping out of the cruise ship as it then goes off stage in the tread of water. There’s also a chance that your opponents will drown in the tread of water when the Final Smash is in use. The water also makes them heavier, and makes them sometimes fall in mid-jump, so getting out of the water won’t be a very easy task. The moment Daisy gets the Final Smash, you should try to stay out of her path!

Taunts

Up Taunt:

Daisy closes her eyes and fistpumps excitedly while hopping off the ground with her legs curled under her, and then exclaims “All right!”

Side Taunt:

Daisy closes both of her eyes and hops up and down with a cartoonish bounce sound effect (not the suggestive one) for each hop. “Hi I’m Daisy!” she exclaims.

Down Taunt:

Daisy then twirls while exclaiming “Woo hoo!” excitedly, like she does all the time, pretty much. :D

VictoryPoses

1. Daisy smiles widely then waves to her right, says “Hey-hey,” spins around then waves to her right with her left hand on her chest and her eyes closed happily, and says “Ha-ha,” then puts both hands over her head while doing a ballerina twirl in a flurry of flower petals with her eyes closed, “Woo!” she exclaims when doing so, then as the flower petals vanish, still twirling gracefully with her eyes closed, opens her eyes and then exclaims “That’s right!” then blows a kiss with her eyes closed.

2. Being turned in the opposite direction of the camera, Daisy turns on her heels to face the camera with her eyes closed. She flips her hair and then confidently says “Not too bad, right?” as she places her hands on her hips.

3. Daisy comes in getting aggressive while throwing a few punches and in a fighting pose. “Want some more?!” Daisy yells.

LosingAnimation

Daisy first scoffs and closes her eyes with her hands on her hips, and then decides to clap with her head turned away from the camera.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
So its October 1st...finally here. I'm scared you guys...
The pressure to vote is on! The lack of her appearance in Mario Maker worries me a bit...

I started displaying a "VoteDaisy" tag in For Glory if that counts.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I have bad news....

GameCenter CX's Arino is coming to Mario Maker before Daisy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have bad news....

GameCenter CX's Arino is coming to Mario Maker before Daisy.

Hurray for more shameless product placements and advertisement of pointless events. Sarcasm/

This is more or less Microsoft levels of promotion at this point. I guess they are now prioritizing things like this just to attract a wider crowd over their well established characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkfeC7OhA

One more Miiverse Daisy drawing for good measure.

Might do two more of these until the 3rd if I have time. Not much of a fan of drawing on the 3DS. (Wii U's at Nintendo for repairs.)
Not bad and I hope the best for your Wii U's repairs. Just got done fixing my Gamepad a few weeks ago due to a stick issue. And on the subject of Miiverse, that Daisy support is still dominating a few Smash communities (especially Peach's), which is great. I hope all of this manage to pay off in a few days.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
I wish Nintendo gave us an explanation why Daisy was omitted from Mario Maker like they did with Waluigi in Mario Kart 7.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Not bad and I hope the best for your Wii U's repairs. Just got done fixing my Gamepad a few weeks ago due to a stick issue. And on the subject of Miiverse, that Daisy support is still dominating a few Smash communities (especially Peach's), which is great. I hope all of this manage to pay off in a few days.
Thanks. I just received the thumbs up from Nintendo that they have it so it's definitely going to be a while. Especially with mind being a being an issue with the hard drive. Error code 160-1400 and it pops up before I can even get to the menu. This occurred right when I received my new Gamepad charge cord in the mail. It really sucks since this is my one week break from college and I had Super Mario Maker raring to go. Oh well... Luck can be cruel sometimes.

Anyway, on the subject on Miiverse. Yeah, It's good to see that the effort spread onto the Luigi and Rosalina topics as well. Plus I do see a few come into the main community so that's good too. But man, I won't lie that I'm extremely nervous and anxious for the results. Yeah, we put a lot of effort in spreading the word to push Daisy for Smash, but we are also competing against a massive pool of characters that are doing the same in admirable means or spiteful.

But with one thing I've come to notice is that despite Daisy being excluded from Super Mario Maker and despite us having to stomach a large amount of negativity from people against her inclusion. I'd say that all of us Daisy fans definitely made it known that we believe that Daisy deserves better. Not everyone may agree with us, but we as a whole we all got people talking and taking notice that the amount of fans she has isn't as small as they think. For better or worse, they know we are around, proud -- and like our favorite floral princess -- freaking loud!

Still, nothing is guaranteed. Whenever the winners are decided after Oct 3rd, I just say that I'll be happy if she gets in, but sad if she doesn't. I won't be salty though, because I'm happy with the effort that I put forth as everyone else should be with themselves. At the best news, We'll party like it's 1999. At the worst, we'll all be disappointed, but hopefully, we'll all be proud of at least letting our opinion be known. And hey, there's always Smash 5, eh?

So let's keep a smile on our faces, push just a bit more and hope for the best.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
New content!

And by new content I mean new Daisy art.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hello,

Thanks for contacting us with your question. I'm glad to hear that you were excited about the 30th anniversary of Mario and I can certainly understand your disappointment when you saw that Princess Daisy isn't in the game. While I don't have any information as to why this would be, I'm happy to document your feedback and pass it on to the proper department so that they can review and thoughtfully consider it.

Thank you, and I hope you're enjoying your time with Super Mario Maker!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Reese Nicholson

A direct copy and paste of what was replied to me, just hope this is true and the info is passed to the relevant areas. On a side note, I managed to smuggle in another vote for Daisy! One the guys from where I work voted for her, he said he would like to see his favorite character in the Mario Party and Kart games appear in Sm4sh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
New content!

And by new content I mean new Daisy art.

View attachment 75990
View attachment 75991
View attachment 75993
To this moment, I still wonder how the hell they would get away with the Windows logo when Microsoft could easily sue them for it. Still a pretty bittersweet reminder of where SMM went wrong.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us with your question. I'm glad to hear that you were excited about the 30th anniversary of Mario and I can certainly understand your disappointment when you saw that Princess Daisy isn't in the game. While I don't have any information as to why this would be, I'm happy to document your feedback and pass it on to the proper department so that they can review and thoughtfully consider it.

Thank you, and I hope you're enjoying your time with Super Mario Maker!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Reese Nicholson

A direct copy and paste of what was replied to me, just hope this is true and the info is passed to the relevant areas. On a side note, I managed to smuggle in another vote for Daisy! One the guys from where I work voted for her, he said he would like to see his favorite character in the Mario Party and Kart games appear in Sm4sh.
Good thing the email went fine on your end, Arc. If they discuss things amongst themselves, chances are that they'll know what to do for the future. It can even be more effective if more people can do similar requests regarding her absence. :grin:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Bored, so felt like posting these here:
I love the image collage featuring Daisy with soccer balls. Seeing it makes me really want Daisy in Smash in her striker outfit!! Booty shorts look so stylish on Daisy omg they do her plenty of justice.

Ok I've been thinking. Since Peach already has a lot of spin off representation in her side smash, and Bowser Jr also has a Kart attack, what if Daisy gets into Smash with her own specific theme? Like not all sports, but like purely soccer. Waluigi, on the other hand, would have a purely tennis moveset.
I don't have a complete moveset idea, but I do think that her Down Special SHOULD be Crystal Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I love the image collage featuring Daisy with soccer balls. Seeing it makes me really want Daisy in Smash in her striker outfit!! Booty shorts look so stylish on Daisy omg they do her plenty of justice.

Ok I've been thinking. Since Peach already has a lot of spin off representation in her side smash, and Bowser Jr also has a Kart attack, what if Daisy gets into Smash with her own specific theme? Like not all sports, but like purely soccer. Waluigi, on the other hand, would have a purely tennis moveset.
I don't have a complete moveset idea, but I do think that her Down Special SHOULD be Crystal Smash.
Wouldn't object to that at all, Strikers is one of the last major Mario spinoffs that haven't be referenced in a moveset along with Mario Party (unless Jr's claw arms count) and Mario Superstar Baseball/Sluggers.

Crystal Smash is a must since it is one of her few signature moves that isn't flower theme and it makes a great special with both defensive and offensive properties.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
And hey! There's also Mario Hoops and Mario Sports Mix. There's plenty references to go around.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And hey! There's also Mario Hoops and Mario Sports Mix. There's plenty references to go around.
Yeah, there's also those games as well. Though chances are that the team would ignore Hoops since it wasn't that popular when it was first released. But Sports Mix however is in a bit of a gray area since the game covers a wide variety of different sports and all of them might not be used in the end.

But hey, it shows that the possibilities are still endless for Daisy when it comes to pulling moves instead of being completely Sakurai'd like a certain Gerudo warlock.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I'm most definitely not opposed to staying in touch with y'all after all is said and done fwiw
Yeah, I'd be down with that too. I think it might be better to make a Daisy social group or something sooner rather than later, mostly to make sure we have it before people go their separate ways once character speculation for Smash 4 is over and done with.

Last edited:

Zeldaisy

Smash Apprentice
Oh, wow... I better get working in some fanart, then. I haven't been active that much, but I do vote for Daisy with as many devices as possible. Anyway, I'[ll get my friends to do some fanart and spread the word around.

Also, HanAmes HanAmes , I'm leaving the Disy website open for as long as I live XD If you feel like going there to chat it's fine by me. (It's kinda dead since i haven't been able to update anything because AP Psyc is killing me atm.)

Also, a peek of Daisy in the new M&S game:
kllkklkkllk.gif
uh.gif
ok.gif

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Oh, wow... I better get working in some fanart, then. I haven't been active that much, but I do vote for Daisy with as many devices as possible. Anyway, I'[ll get my friends to do some fanart and spread the word around.

Also, HanAmes HanAmes , I'm leaving the Disy website open for as long as I live XD If you feel like going there to chat it's fine by me. (It's kinda dead since i haven't been able to update anything because AP Psyc is killing me atm.)

Also, a peek of Daisy in the new M&S game:
View attachment 76044 View attachment 76045 View attachment 76047
Umm, aren't those Daisy screenshots from Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, not the new 2016 one?

But still, I really love that Daisy render. It looks sooo different from how she looks in the other games. She looks really beautiful!

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
WE NEED TO START SPAMMING THE DAISY VOTES!
Hi friends! :)

How are you? How many are voting for Daisy last time?

We have to vote on any device or IP different last time, Daisy must have support.

Later, I will put all my collection of votes. ;)

Last chance! At least, that don't say that we haven't tried.

#
VOTEFORDAISY

Top Bottom