• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The RTC is totally bias....

As an example, all evidence points towards Shovel Knight having a high chance, but he's only rated at 17%.

King K Rool has that Mii costume going against him, but his chances are at >50%.

Actually, speaking of the RTC, I think Daisy is due for a rerate (Mario Maker...)
Unless your heart can handle her chances being dropped, then sure. I would like to get Lark ought of the way first before rerating Daisy unless anyone else plans on doing.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a decent brain can realize that RTC is bias incarnate and completely subjective when we got Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt (both characters had low chances during the last RTC) in the main roster. I think history might repeat itself again if we wind up with a DLC character not many people asked for instead of one of the Top 10.

D

Deleted member

Daisy doesn't have a clone, I think we've established that easily. Heck, after Phoenix Wright got into MvC3 I'd argue ANYONE can work as a fighting game character if given the effort. The thing is that she doesn't really have anything to set her apart that is hers and hers alone. Make her the Spin-Off rep? You could do that just as easy with Waluigi who fits into a pretty similar role, if not more in that he's exclusively a spin-off character and somewhat self aware of that.

Personality-wise? Doesn't bring much either. She's supposed to be the sassy princess but Smash makes a lot of the cast more prone to flaunting and showboating. Peach in particular is WAY sassier than her canon appearances, and Rosa has her moments too. The whole "she's a tomboy because she plays sports" thing is also kinda weak when every resident in the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be incredibly athletic, including Toad of all people who can't even reach a basketball hoop. Even Peach shows shades of it through her forward Smash, and you can't get more athletic than the Wii Fit Trainer.

To really sum it up, for Daisy to ever have a shot she'd need to do something unique that NOBODY else can do. She needs to have some kind of bigger appearance, like a Mario RPG where personality pours out of the cast. Smash is not a proving ground for minor characters to get big, it's a celebration of characters who are loved, or historic, or have recognition. Until the Mario Spin-Off characters get a bigger break than being identical in stats to X and Y other character, the odds are unfavorable. Honestly If they were to either distinguish Daisy significantly or play off her status as a second banana and make her really salty and bitter about it she could go from C list to having a cult following like Waluigi.
You're absolutely right, imo. Yet some characters too similar to others made it in as clones or semi-clones simply because with minimal effort they could be added. My belief is that until Daisy appears in a truly starring role outside of Smash, her best chance of being in Smash bros. is as a clone/semi-clone of Peach. And right now she's a mii fighter, which is on the same level as Chrom, K. Rool, Lloyd, etc. Sorry folks.

Still better than how my poor Ivysaur has fared. :(

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
she's a mii fighter,
Outside from the hat on-disc that was ripped from StreetPass and absolutely has no impact on her chances....

?????

Please don't tell me they are going to sell Daisy's dress...

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Outside from the hat on-disc that was ripped from StreetPass....

?????

Please don't tell me they are going to sell Daisy's dress...
Why would it be a concern if they were? It's more exposure for the character, and a direct way to speak in the black & white terms of "This character does or does not sell".

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Why would it be a concern if they were? It's more exposure for the character, and a direct way to speak in the black & white terms of "This character does or does not sell".
Why make a Mii costume when you can work on the character itself?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://andymatronic.tumblr.com/post/130037519330/the-smash-bros-fighter-ballot-is-ending-soon

Nice way of encouraging people of voting for more female characters, including Daisy!
The more publicity, the better. I'm sure most of everyone would go for forthrunenrs like Dixie and Krystal since they would seem likelier in comparison to the other choices. The Inklings are iffy due to the costume, but many Splatoon fans would target them in a heartbeat. Since the game is successful, I'd be surprised if no one had supported them after all this time.

Impa and Tetra have some pretty decent followings, while Daisy and Anna are so so due to their notability being seen in so few communities. Mona and Captain Syrup's support are the smallest out of the bunch since many few that Wario isn't major enough to warrant another character with Medusa being the least popular out of all of them due to being foreshadowed by the Kid Icarus newcomers (Hades and Viridi).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Mario Tennis will be out on November 20th for those who are interested. Hopefully we can see more videos on this thing (even if it's looking a tad mediocre right now) so that we can see Daisy in action or any other character than the Main Four (Toad instead of Luigi).

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/09/29/mario-tennis-ultra-smash-is-releasing-november-20th-in-the-us/

View attachment 75709

View attachment 75710
I found this leak on 4chan yesterday. Do you think it's real or not?
Seriously? I think the 4chan community created this on purpose just to mess with "Daisy***s" like us. Not like I don't believe it out of spite, but I think the community is ****ing with us at this point. :rolleyes:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think it's real.

Imagine the salt if it was though. Glorious.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Lol that leak is cool but so fake. That's a fan-made downloadable model for Brawl. I even have it on my Wii on Project M.

Also why would her official art just be her looking into space? Wouldn't it be something more dynamic? Fake

Also here's the downloadable Brawl model for comparison. Notice how the Daisy in the leak photo and the Daisy in the video both wear a white corset and have their dresses in that burnt yellowy orange color?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lol that leak is cool but so fake. That's a fan-made downloadable model for Brawl. I even have it on my Wii on Project M.

Also why would her official art just be her looking into space? Wouldn't it be something more dynamic? Fake

Also here's the downloadable Brawl model for comparison. Notice how the Daisy in the leak photo and the Daisy in the video both wear a corset and have their dresses in that burnt yellowy orange color?
Wait a minute, Project M mod?

Both characters are Project M mods. They are highly controversial characters. And they are both characters who were created by Yokoi.

Illuminat.... errrrrr Daisy x Ridley DLC pack confirmed!

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Wait a minute, Project M mod?

Both characters are Project M mods. They are highly controversial characters. And they are both characters who were created by Yokoi.

Illuminat.... errrrrr Daisy x Ridley DLC pack confirmed!
Well to be honest the Daisy mod is just a model hack, not a move set hack or complete mod. It still has Peach's name, voice, and special effects but the 3D model is Daisy. And it doesn't come with Project M, what I meant was that you can download it and put it into Brawl, and I specifically put it in Project M.

Those are pretty common to find. They have a whole bunch of them on the website Brawl Vault

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well to be honest the Daisy mod is just a model hack, not a move set hack or complete mod. It still has Peach's name, voice, and special effects but the 3D model is Daisy. Those are pretty common to find. They have a whole bunch of them on the website Brawl Vault
I've been aware of the many Brawl hacks since they were a thing. I've made the post just to do a half hearted Illuminati joke. And I've knew the leak was fake to begin with since we all know 4Chan hates Daisy***s like us. :p

Though I understand, Ridley has much more work done since his fanbase is too big to be ignored.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
View attachment 75709

View attachment 75710
I called fake the moment I saw it. Seriously, if this was legit, this would probably be on the homepage of Smashboards. But, I guess that 4chan just wanted to get a rise outta people.
Well to be honest the Daisy mod is just a model hack, not a move set hack or complete mod. It still has Peach's name, voice, and special effects but the 3D model is Daisy. And it doesn't come with Project M, what I meant was that you can download it and put it into Brawl, and I specifically put it in Project M.

Those are pretty common to find. They have a whole bunch of them on the website Brawl Vault
I tried modding a moveset for Daisy through ASM by using Peach as a base before. That was about two years ago until I kinda gave up on it. I called it, Project Daisy. Unfortunately, it was a flop, though...since I worked on my own without anyone helping me at the time. If only I had the motivation to start it up again, I gladly will.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
View attachment 75709

View attachment 75710
Please God, let this be real.

I can't say for sure, but what I will say is that I voted for Daisy along with Isaac from Golden Sun and King K Rool, I want all these characters to be added along with bringing back Wolf.

About Daisy, I love Mario characters and I don't mind if there is one more, but if anybody it should be Daisy because she is most deserving.

Geno isn't happening, we'd be lucky to get a Mii Gunner costume of that, but I don't think we'll even get that.

Waluigi is overrated, honestly it took me a while to see through this guy, but what is all the hype surrounding Waluigi, I'm not even a big fan of Wario let alone Waluigi, they're just two Mario characters I don't really care about.

If there was a Warioware game with Waluigi in it, then I'd be all for him being in, make him a Wario semi-clone that doesn't fart like a idiot, and unlike Wario, he can kick... However we have yet to see anything involving Waluigi besides the same stuff Daisy does and if I had to chose one to represent the Mario series, its gotta be Daisy.

Daisy is another female character, which is definitely a good thing, and we already have Peach and Rosalina, so I don't see why not have all three.

Daisy isn't relevant?

She's to Peach what Luigi is to Mario, so I guess that means Luigi is irrelevant... No she's definitely relevant.

She's from nothing, but Mario sports or MK games...

Same goes for Rosalina, she was basically from Mario Galaxy just like Daisy is from Super Mario Land.

Daisy would be a clone or semi-clone of Peach?

First off I'll start this off by saying I don't care as long as I get to play as Daisy and not a cheap color swap of Peach in Daisy's colors.

Peach and Daisy have a very different personality kind of like Marth and Lucina or Pit and Dark Pit, so I don't see why not add her because of that trait.

Also I can't see Daisy pulling Toad out of her pocket or throwing vegetables because she never did that, we'd see something new in her move set to replace those moves... In fact there's a few moves I can see being replaced in favor of moves that suit Daisy's character.

Daisy would definitely have different taunts that Peach.

Oh and how about having more brunette female characters besides just Zelda? Daisy is brunette.

With all that said, with all the hype with this Mario Maker stage coming, I would like one more Mario character and I want Daisy to be that character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Please God, let this be real.

I can't say for sure, but what I will say is that I voted for Daisy along with Isaac from Golden Sun and King K Rool, I want all these characters to be added along with bringing back Wolf.

About Daisy, I love Mario characters and I don't mind if there is one more, but if anybody it should be Daisy because she is most deserving.

Geno isn't happening, we'd be lucky to get a Mii Gunner costume of that, but I don't think we'll even get that.

Waluigi is overrated, honestly it took me a while to see through this guy, but what is all the hype surrounding Waluigi, I'm not even a big fan of Wario let alone Waluigi, they're just two Mario characters I don't really care about.

If there was a Warioware game with Waluigi in it, then I'd be all for him being in, make him a Wario semi-clone that doesn't fart like a idiot, and unlike Wario, he can kick... However we have yet to see anything involving Waluigi besides the same stuff Daisy does and if I had to chose one to represent the Mario series, its gotta be Daisy.

Daisy is another female character, which is definitely a good thing, and we already have Peach and Rosalina, so I don't see why not have all three.

Daisy isn't relevant?

She's to Peach what Luigi is to Mario, so I guess that means Luigi is irrelevant... No she's definitely relevant.

She's from nothing, but Mario sports or MK games...

Same goes for Rosalina, she was basically from Mario Galaxy just like Daisy is from Super Mario Land.

Daisy would be a clone or semi-clone of Peach?

First off I'll start this off by saying I don't care as long as I get to play as Daisy and not a cheap color swap of Peach in Daisy's colors.

Peach and Daisy have a very different personality kind of like Marth and Lucina or Pit and Dark Pit, so I don't see why not add her because of that trait.

Also I can't see Daisy pulling Toad out of her pocket or throwing vegetables because she never did that, we'd see something new in her move set to replace those moves... In fact there's a few moves I can see being replaced in favor of moves that suit Daisy's character.

Daisy would definitely have different taunts that Peach.

Oh and how about having more brunette female characters besides just Zelda? Daisy is brunette.

With all that said, with all the hype with this Mario Maker stage coming, I would like one more Mario character and I want Daisy to be that character.
Wow, I actually agree with mostly everything you said regarding the Mario situation and how she wouldn't be clone material. And that Mario Maker stage will be pretty hype tomorrow since it could be the one game to convince me to buy the game other than my girlfriend nagging me about it.

But sadly that leak was nothing more than an edit off an existing Brawl mod that was made some time ago.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Since we are getting a Death Battle tomorrow (along with the new DLC stage) Hercule Satan vs Dan Hibiki, which DB would YOU like to see happening? Aside from Peach vs Daisy, I am hoping to see Chris Redfield vs Big Boss, who is the deadliest soldier.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

I am crossing my fingers and really hoping Daisy gets in sometime soon!
What an awesome reveal poster idea!! Great reference to Super Mario Land. The fact that she's in her sports outfit makes it a thousand times better.

As smashkirby said, Nintendo NEEDS to do this as her reveal poster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well in Mario related news we can definitely confirm that Toads wear baggy Arabian Nights pants and not diapers.

I wonder if they chose Brawler as a reference to STRONG Toad in SMB2 or if it was just process of elimination.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well in Mario related news we can definitely confirm that Toads wear baggy Arabian Nights pants and not diapers.

I wonder if they chose Brawler as a reference to STRONG Toad in SMB2 or if it was just process of elimination.
That Toad costume is pretty tempting. But those Monster Hunter outfits are godly.

Still happy that my favorite Brawl stage is back and Duck Hunt's home stage is finally playable in the 3DS version.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh and the Super Mario Land underground theme is back. Yay!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Huh!? No mention of Barbara?
This is Tumblr we're talking about. They would most likely complain about her design for being too sexualized and how her big boobs would not look like a good representation of a woman. After all, there were similar complaints regarding her trophy in the past. ****ing casuals. :rolleyes:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
In other news, @Extremmefan is back in action. I wonder if the user has seen the new OP.

EDIT: Last seen July 2015...Please delete :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom