• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias

With that out of my system, Miyamoto did recently say that he want their Nintendo IP's to expand to TV shows and movies in the future. Considering how things went in the past, we can hope for them to find some quality directors to work with so that their resulting works can't become another "Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures". Chances are that they would want to start with making a Mario cartoon that they have full control over unlike the DiC animated shows of the past and it will rely less on pointless pop culture references.

Would you like for this show to be in 3D animation like Sonic Boom or 2D animated like Disney's recent animated shows? And if there are a few minor Mario characters (including the spinoff duo), who would you like to appear in it?
Dude, chill. I meant to put a troll face on the post, but because I wrote it on my phone, I couldn't find it. Chill, I was just kidding. By the way, GoAnimate has corrupted my little innocent mind. :rotfl:

Anyways, I have an idea that if a new Mario cartoon were to happen, I would love for it to go like Garfield & Friends did.

First Episode - Mario character focus.

Second Episode - Donkey Kong/Wario/Yoshi/Captain Toad episode set apart and doesn't relate to the Mario episodes.

Third Episode - Mario character focus again.

Honestly with the other Nintendo franchises, here's what I'd like to see....

Zelda - Anime based on the games. Nuff said.

Kid Icarus - Another anime, I can easily picture. With all of the dialouge in game, this could become the Hetalia of Nintendo.

F-Zero - The end of the anime, stated "To Be Continued", and its been about 11 years now, can we go back to Mute City again? Also, if it does come back for another round.... can we please see the AX pilots, and the Maximum Velocity pilots? They can bring so much to the table.

Also, if a Mario series were to happen, Daisy needs to be a main character!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Dude, chill. I meant to put a troll face on the post, but because I wrote it on my phone, I couldn't find it. Chill, I was just kidding. By the way, GoAnimate has corrupted my little innocent mind. :rotfl:

Anyways, I have an idea that if a new Mario cartoon were to happen, I would love for it to go like Garfield & Friends did.

First Episode - Mario character focus.

Second Episode - Donkey Kong/Wario/Yoshi/Captain Toad episode set apart and doesn't relate to the Mario episodes.

Third Episode - Mario character focus again.

Honestly with the other Nintendo franchises, here's what I'd like to see....

Zelda - Anime based on the games. Nuff said.

Kid Icarus - Another anime, I can easily picture. With all of the dialouge in game, this could become the Hetalia of Nintendo.

F-Zero - The end of the anime, stated "To Be Continued", and its been about 11 years now, can we go back to Mute City again? Also, if it does come back for another round.... can we please see the AX pilots, and the Maximum Velocity pilots? They can bring so much to the table.

Also, if a Mario series were to happen, Daisy needs to be a main character!
I forget my troll face for that moment too since I was joking along with you. Funny how roleplaying can turn you into completely different person. My bad dude. :laugh:

Some of your episode and TV show ideas are brilliant, especially the idea of a Zelda and Kid Icarus anime. Having Yoshi and other Mario sub series referenced in the show also makes sense since they are more or less associated with the same universe (Just avoid giving Yoshi an annoying voice like in the Super Mario World cartoon). F-Zero needs to have a serious reboot, but only if Nintendo actually makes the series relevant with another game since I miss seeing Captain Falcon on TV.

Agreed, Daisy and Waluigi are a must for a possible Mario cartoon since most of the old cast already had their television debut with other newer characters needing their time to shine (Nabbit, Rosalina, etc).

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This thread seems empty now :(

Also, I think the team at Smashfied aren't doing Daisy at this point...

HanAmes

Smash Ace
This thread seems empty now :(

Also, I think the team at Smashfied aren't doing Daisy at this point...
No worries, I'm still watching...

And I've already confirmed for myself that they didn't wanna do Daisy to begin with. They said that Daisy's design was too complex, which I find to be a cover story for an excuse to not Smashify her. As far as I'm concerned, Daisy doesn't really look all that hard to do; they just don' t wanna do her, despite fan demand.

Why, oh why does Daisy get shoved to the sidelines in many major titles or fan activities, despite her impressive feats that she possesses? She's athletic, headstrong, and pretty much not your typical princess. And if they can hear me, I just want them to know that it's THEIR loss. They're missin' out~!:smirk:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
No worries, I'm still watching...

And I've already confirmed for myself that they didn't wanna do Daisy to begin with. They said that Daisy's design was too complex, which I find to be a cover story for an excuse to not Smashify her. As far as I'm concerned, Daisy doesn't really look all that hard to do; they just don' t wanna do her, despite fan demand.
FAAAAAAAAALSE.
Smashified was asked about Daisy for Smashified Live, a livestream focussed on simpler characters.
They responded with how Smashified Live was for simpler characters and Daisy didn't meet that criteria.

Though I wonder how simple those Smashified Live characters will be, Daisy is in no way too hard to tackle for the guys that made scales, fur, feathers, faces, leather, dynamic fabric and hair.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One of the most recent hints for the character they're working on was a detailed *** texture. So chances are that the character they're working on is Dixie while some may soeculate it's Bayonetta that's being working on since she's the most obvious choice of a character with such an ***.

And now I'm starting to sound too much like Space Dandy and my girlfriend. :laugh:

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that we get the chance to communicate again like this after the ballot is over because, it always brings me a great sense of joy when talking about our favorite character as well as sharing various fan art, and just simply shooting the breeze. It's a great way to get away from all of the negativity about Daisy going around. I'd really hate for us to disband like this because, everyone in this thread is so awesome, and it feels like I'm really getting to know you guys! It's also a pleasure to realize that I'm not the only Daisy fan out there, as how I've been feeling before the ballot.

If we really must go our separate ways after the ballot ends, I understand. In a way, it's like seeking solitude, gathering my thoughts and passion for the character I know as 'awesome,' and even sharing that passion with an unsuspecting fan. So I just wanted to get this out of the way...it's been a pleasure chatting with you all. I know that I may have acted out of hand every now and then, but it's just a part of who I am, and the need to defend my favorite princess. I just hope that everyone understands where I'm coming from.

Anyhow, since we have such short time left, let's make the most of it, shall we?
I think the end of character speculation for Smash 4 will be pretty bittersweet, yeah. We'll have some new characters to play with, which will be cool (how cool will probably depend on what you think of the characters we get), but I don't know that the communities in threads like this will stay intact.

I've seen some backlash to the idea of continuing this sort of discussion in character subforums for ballot characters who do get picked, so I'm not sure about that. I know that competitive stuff tends to be the focus of those subforums, so I wouldn't want to interfere with that.

I like Tortilla Noggin's idea of making a Daisy social group though. I know I'd join it if somebody made it, if only to post Super Mario Land music. I'd offer to play Smash with you all too, but I'm pretty terrible by Smashboards standards, so I don't think you'd get much out of it, haha.

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
To inject Vitamin C into this thread, why don't we all take a sip of Daisy's fresh new Princess Orange Soda.

And some news.

Word is that Nabbit, E.Gadd, Baby Mario and the Windows Logo were planned for Mario Maker. Necky is DLC but he is not in the code yet.

https://twitter.com/randomtbush/status/647213648377720832
Well, at least those characters (Daisy including of course) deserved to be in over inanimate objects.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Firefox > Windows :p

At least the other characters sound promising. WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever ought to love the idea of a playable Nabbit in the game.
Some are taking it to another level saying: "Instead of being called Super Mario Maker, it should be called '100+ characters that Nintendo would consider in a main series game before Daisy", how's that for disappointment?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Some are taking it to another level saying: "Instead of being called Super Mario Maker, it should be called '100+ characters that Nintendo would consider in a main series game before Daisy", how's that for disappointment?
Yep, Nintendo's created a monster and that beast will be raging for days until it happens. But only they can handle such harsh criticism and ignore them like the fact that fans literally petition to have an abomination like Federation Force get cancelled. But alas, they are at the point where even the loudest of complaints don't phase them unless the new president seems like the type who listens unlike Tezuka and Miyamoto.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I like Tortilla Noggin's idea of making a Daisy social group though. I know I'd join it if somebody made it, if only to post Super Mario Land music. I'd offer to play Smash with you all too, but I'm pretty terrible by Smashboards standards, so I don't think you'd get much out of it, haha.
Speaking of Social Groups, @Zeldaisy, how's that Daisy support site of yours going? If it's not a 'During the Ballot only' kind of site, then it seems pretty promising to chat and share things Daisy related.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hmm...

When I looked at a Smash stream, people were talking about characters they want in Smash, but when someone mentioned Daisy for the first time...

image.png

Even the steamers hate Daisy...

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hmm...

When I looked at a Smash stream, people were talking about characters they want in Smash, but when someone mentioned Daisy for the first time...

View attachment 75179

Even the steamers hate Daisy...
It really seems like hating Daisy is part of the status quo in the Smash community. I just don't get how many people can hate one character this much...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It really seems like hating Daisy is part of the status quo in the Smash community. I just don't get how many people can hate one character this much...
Because they have no life. Nah, that's far too rude.

She's as unfairly hated as Scrappy Doo at times. I wouldn't be surprised if the two are related at this point.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
The "Hi, I'm Daisy!" sound clip probably plays a part. Not to mention the fact that the internet loves to hate things.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
From a lot of people, I've heard the hate coming from two things, one being her voice, the other being her being unimportant to the main franchise, despite appearing in multiple spin-offs. Others say that her post-Mario Party 4 design is a bit of an eyesore, but that hasn't come up as much as the other two.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
From a lot of people, I've heard the hate coming from two things, one being her voice, the other being her being unimportant to the main franchise, despite appearing in multiple spin-offs. Others say that her post-Mario Party 4 design is a bit of an eyesore, but that hasn't come up as much as the other two.
Those who say that she is unimportant to the series despite appearing so much are wrong, heck, other important characters such as Nabbit and others where cut from SMM, but then again Nintendo is also partly to blame cause they haven't given her much recognition, especially this year, 2015 just wasn't a good year for Daisy.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Because they have no life. Nah, that's far too rude.

She's as unfairly hated as Scrappy Doo at times. I wouldn't be surprised if we'd if the two are related at this point.
Nah, you're not being too rude. It IS pretty unfair that she's singled out like this.
The "Hi, I'm Daisy!" sound clip probably plays a part. Not to mention the fact that the internet loves to hate things.
Daisy's catchphrase was just from one game. Have they really held this grudge against her for THIS long?? That's unbelievable! Her catchphrase is a part of who she is.
Just because Daisy is an unimportant character doesn't mean you have to 'hate' her, but the hatred coming from her voice is more of a valid argument, though; it's just a matter of taste. And her post MP4 design differentiated her from Peach, if I'm not mistaken, right? I'd rather have 'em hate her for her voice, than hate her just because she looks more unique. It's just that some of these guys really don't make any sense at all.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Nah, you're not being too rude. It IS pretty unfair that she's singled out like this.

Daisy's catchphrase was just from one game. Have they really held this grudge against her for THIS long?? That's unbelievable! Her catchphrase is a part of who she is.

Just because Daisy is an unimportant character doesn't mean you have to 'hate' her, but the hatred coming from her voice is more of a valid argument, though; it's just a matter of taste. And her post MP4 design differentiated her from Peach, if I'm not mistaken, right? I'd rather have 'em hate her for her voice, than hate her just because she looks more unique. It's just that some of these guys really don't make any sense at all.
Yeah, I like Daisy for who she is, why so many people hate her is strange. Look at Waluigi, he's not unique at all and hasn't contributed to the franchise at all, but yet people still like him?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yeah, I like Daisy for who she is, why so many people hate her is strange. Look at Waluigi, he's not unique at all and hasn't contributed to the franchise at all, but yet people still like him?
I think it has to do with the fact that in the spin-offs made by Camelot he gets all the goodies since he is their creation, and since Miyamoto had a hand is his creation, I think it's obvious where its due, and there is still speculation going on that Nintendo still views Super Mario Land as an abomination that never should have happened in their eyes and hence why they treat Daisy like this.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it has to do with the fact that in the spin-offs made by Camelot he gets all the goodies since he is their creation, and since Miyamoto had a hand is his creation, I think it's obvious where its due, and there is still speculation going on that Nintendo still views Super Mario Land as an abomination that never should have happened in their eyes and hence why they treat Daisy like this.
Super Mario Land isn't that bad, sure it hasn't aged the best, but I think it's good and can even provide some cultural insight, like a certain ride from Disneyland.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Super Mario Land isn't that bad, sure it hasn't aged the best, but I think it's good and can even provide some cultural insight, like a certain ride from Disneyland.
I know, but the fact that they didn't want to make it in the first place and the fact they hated the 'No Peach this time' idea is what makes them see this game as something that never should have been, despite being fun and making references to real life culture.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Bias. People find the purple guy hilarious in his own way (mostly due to Camelot giving him all the better abilities). While many are less than impressed with Daisy since she's just a "flower loving tomboy who won't shut the hell up" in their eyes.

Which is a shame too since I like both characters equally since Day 1. Even I would be shocked to discover that she had a vocal hatedom since 2006 when going through Tv Tropes and several Mario forums.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Bias. People find the purple guy hilarious in his own way (mostly due to Camelot giving him all the better abilities). While many are less than impressed with Daisy since she's just a "flower loving tomboy who won't shut the hell up" in their eyes.

Which is a shame too since I like both characters equally since Day 1. Even I would be shocked to discover that she had a vocal hatedom since 2006 when going through Tv Tropes and several Mario forums.
That is what I like about Daisy: She isn't a typical stereotype princess who just looks pretty.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Aside from the other reasons people mentioned, I think there's also the notion among some people in the Smash community that she'd just be a Peach clone and that's bad.

I sort of get why people would have that view. I mean, I feel like most people who play Smash would like there to be as many unique movesets as possible because that would maximize variety and just plain make things more interesting. That's fair and I don't disagree with that. There aren't really any potential DLC characters who I'd like to see be clone type characters rather than unique fighters (except for maybe Alph or something) and I think Daisy has the potential to have a unique moveset.

But I don't think that's necessarily inconsistent with being okay with clone type characters. From what I can tell, there's little evidence that the inclusion of a clone or semi-clone character takes a "slot" from a unique fighter. So if including as many characters as possible means a few are going to be clone like, I'm okay with that.

Plus, it seems to me like there are a lot of clone type characters that have actually become quite popular (e.g., Roy, Luigi, Lucas, Falco) in part because they give people more options by putting a new twist on a familiar character's moveset. I don't think that's really a bad thing either.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Aside from the other reasons people mentioned, I think there's also the notion among some people in the Smash community that she'd just be a Peach clone and that's bad.

I sort of get why people would have that view. I mean, I feel like most people who play Smash would like there to be as many unique movesets as possible because that would maximize variety and just plain make things more interesting. That's fair and I don't disagree with that. There aren't really any potential DLC characters who I'd like to see be clone type characters rather than unique fighters (except for maybe Alph or something) and I think Daisy has the potential to have a unique moveset.

But I don't think that's necessarily inconsistent with being okay with clone type characters. From what I can tell, there's little evidence that the inclusion of a clone or semi-clone character takes a "slot" from a unique fighter. So if including as many characters as possible means a few are going to be clone like, I'm okay with that.

Plus, it seems to me like there are a lot of clone type characters that have actually become quite popular (e.g., Roy, Luigi, Lucas, Falco) in part because they give people more options by putting a new twist on a familiar character's moveset. I don't think that's really a bad thing either.
Not only that, but people enjoy aesthetic diversity as well. If you are a Smash fan, chances are that you associate Daisy with Peach further than other similar characters just because she was once a palette swap.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

This is why the stigma against clone characters are foolish. Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit did not steal slots from precious DK reps or Ridley. If they weren't there, we would have 3 less characters.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is why the stigma against clone characters are foolish. Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit did not steal slots from precious DK reps or Ridley. If they weren't there, we would have 3 less characters.
Although, I do believe that a lot of the stigma comes from WHO they chose as clone characters rather than the fact that they are clones. At least in the case of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Especially Dark Pit, but then again, that also has to do with how much they alter the properties of moves.

Regardless, even if Daisy was a clone, she would not be nearly as bad of a choice.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
However, to upset them, Super Mario Land was one of the biggest sellers in the history of the series games.
Not only that, but people enjoy aesthetic diversity as well. If you are a Smash fan, chances are that you associate Daisy with Peach further than other similar characters just because she was once a palette swap.
Honestly, I don't care what the haters think. The only fault is Nintendo, nothing more.

Finally, next week I will put all my collection to vote.

We must take every opportunity to vote for Daisy, fine.

Greetings! :) Until next week, friends.

#VOTEFORDAISY

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

My solution: Don't make her a clone, then...Daisy has enough unique traits that sets her apart from Peach already, and to think otherwise has to have one of the most 'closed mindsets' that I've ever seen.

And on the subject of clones, I call double standards. Back in the Street Fighter days, we still had clones, gracing the character slots (Ryu, Ken, Akuma) and today, Smash is no exception. We have Dark Pit and Lucina just to name a couple, and there are people who are okay with that; they'll even point out differences (even if they're very little) that they have compared to the original character in order to defend their credibility.

Once Daisy is brought up, though, all of a sudden, clones aren't good characters anymore. Double standards, my friend, double standards. They just don't want Daisy in the game to begin with, even if they WOULD turn her into a unique character. So the best solution to the clone argument that I can come up with is, just make Daisy a unique character.
However, to upset them, Super Mario Land was one of the biggest sellers in the history of the series games.

Honestly, I don't care what the haters think. The only fault is Nintendo, nothing more.

Finally, next week I will put all my collection to vote.

We must take every opportunity to vote for Daisy, fine.

Greetings! :) Until next week, friends.

#VOTEFORDAISY
Hey, it's nice to hear from you again, Chromfirmed Chromfirmed ! We missed ya!

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Totally, clone type characters are different characters with different personalities after all. For example, if you like Lucina or Luigi (or Wolf for that matter) a bunch as characters, being able to play as them has a certain value all its own, regardless of their actual movesets. I think we'd all like characters' movesets to do them justice, but just because someone's moveset is maybe a bit redundant doesn't mean the character himself or herself is, you know?

I feel like the fact that we have alts now more or less confirms that Sakurai and co. think this way about character representation in Smash. I still don't really think Daisy would make much sense as an alt though, given how Peach specific some of Peach's moves are, especially her final smash.

Although, I do believe that a lot of the stigma comes from WHO they chose as clone characters rather than the fact that they are clones. At least in the case of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Especially Dark Pit, but then again, that also has to do with how much they alter the properties of moves.

Regardless, even if Daisy was a clone, she would not be nearly as bad of a choice.
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. When it comes to who gets picked to be added as a clone type character, I can totally understand having disagreements with Sakurai and co.'s choices and I think that's totally legit. I know that I do sometimes, haha (I wish Alph were a separate character for one thing).

I probably should add to my last post that it's only recently that I changed my mind about clones in Smash, so I can't really begrudge people for disliking them. For a long time I was on the other side of the fence and thought that clone characters were sort of a waste. Reading some stuff about the topic on Source Gaming persuaded me that they are just a nice bonus and don't really take "slots" from anybody, except for maybe other potential clone characters as MorbidAltruism mentioned.

Top Bottom