• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I must know what you are talking about!
She's most likely saying that there are exactly two weeks until the Snash Ballot is over. We do have to see those public results just to get a good idea of who were the forerunners in the long run.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
She's most likely saying that there are exactly two weeks until the Snash Ballot is over. We do have to see those public results just to get a good idea of who were the forerunners in the long run.
I really hope we're able to see them

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I highly doubt we will ever see the results of the ballot, even long after the DLC is decided, because Sakurai will invariably pick and choose ones and then you'll have people cry out "Hey, Goku got more votes than Character X, why did you ignore him!?"

Though we DID eventually find out the results of the smaller pre-Melee and pre-Brawl ones. These aren't nearly as advertised and known about as the Smash 4 DLC Ballot of course.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The good news, the individual character poll has it's results released!
The bad news is that pretty much every major contender beat Daisy...

She didn't even crack top 100.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Now I've expected Waluigi to beat her since his fans were always noisy and pushy like him. But every other forerunner and a few NPC's? This is literally as savage as her fallen position in that second Japanese poll.

Troykv

Smash Master

I'm incredible surprised with this too... Every Fire Emblem character but Eliwood and Leif (and Azura that is the same) has a better score than Daisy

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well take solacein Daisy at least beating MY no.1 choice.

Our day will come Gardevoir... one day...

D

Deleted member

Well take solacein Daisy at least beating MY no.1 choice.

Our day will come Gardevoir... one day...
It's come in Pokken Tournament.

But on the note of Daisy, that's terrible news. She sure has a lot of haters. But so did Jesus, so...

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman

It's definitely not good news for Daisy. That said, the individual character poll measured intensity of support (i.e., how much people like or dislike certain characters) rather than just counting yes or no votes, right? So what I take from those results is that a lot of people on Smashboards don't like Daisy very much, which I don't think is really a huge surprise. I feel like she's been an underdog ballot choice here for a while. It'd be nice if she had more support here, but I don't know what can really be done about that at this point.

While I didn't really expect her to be that low on the list and I'm a bit disappointed about that, I think it's worth keeping in mind that the actual fighter ballot doesn't really take account of how much people dislike a potential fighter like this poll does. The fighter ballot only lets you vote for a character, not against one. Given how many 1s were handed out by people taking this poll, it looks to me like there was a whole lot of voting against characters going on. That's not really how I approached that poll, but I can sort of get why people would want to do that and I can't really begrudge them for it.

We'll hopefully find out pretty soon who gets picked from the actual ballot. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's right. Guys, don't forget in the long run/the end, Princess Daisy will be judged by Sakurai and his dev team. No one else. Let's worry more about that, considering we have like, what, a week and a half left.

Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Add me to the support list!
Daisy is surprisingly cool for a Mario character and I'd love to see her in smash!

D

Deleted member

As you wish, new supporter. And you can now ride the Daisy hype train until the day it dies (October 3rd).

It may not die on that day. The ballot voting ends then, but that doesn't mean Sakurai will announce that they have decided the remaining DLC characters and say who they all are on that day.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
And I am unfazed by this community's individual character poll since I know how a lot of people here roll with Daisy, and like you all said, it is up to Sakurai and his team to decide who gets in and does not, so what people around here think pretty much won't decide who's in and who's not.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It may not die on that day. The ballot voting ends then, but that doesn't mean Sakurai will announce that they have decided the remaining DLC characters and say who they all are on that day.
Or more or less the mods will plan on closing these threads for good. Though only they would know when it will actually happen.

D

Deleted member

Or more or less the mods will plan on closing these threads for good. Though only they would know when it will actually happen.
Yeah, but I don't think they'd close them until we truly know all speculation is over, and we don't know exactly when that will happen. Could be a while yet.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I really hope that we get the chance to communicate again like this after the ballot is over because, it always brings me a great sense of joy when talking about our favorite character as well as sharing various fan art, and just simply shooting the breeze. It's a great way to get away from all of the negativity about Daisy going around. I'd really hate for us to disband like this because, everyone in this thread is so awesome, and it feels like I'm really getting to know you guys! It's also a pleasure to realize that I'm not the only Daisy fan out there, as how I've been feeling before the ballot.

If we really must go our separate ways after the ballot ends, I understand. In a way, it's like seeking solitude, gathering my thoughts and passion for the character I know as 'awesome,' and even sharing that passion with an unsuspecting fan. So I just wanted to get this out of the way...it's been a pleasure chatting with you all. I know that I may have acted out of hand every now and then, but it's just a part of who I am, and the need to defend my favorite princess. I just hope that everyone understands where I'm coming from.

Anyhow, since we have such short time left, let's make the most of it, shall we?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Anyhow, since we have such short time left, let's make the most of it, shall we?
Amen to that.

I know that there's a Kirby series social forum here, as it was mentioned in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread at one point, and agreed that if BWD doesn't make it, we've at least got that until the next game rolls around. Is there a similar thing that could work for Daisy?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, how is Azura at 120 under all of the other FE characters.
She has the most potential of all fighters.
Because they would rather wait until the game comes out first everywhere or they would prefer other Fire Emblem characters that they like instead. Some even go as far as saying that promoting a character from a recent game doesn't make any sense unless they are from a new IP like the Inklings.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Because they would rather wait until the game comes out first everywhere or they would prefer other Fire Emblem characters that they like instead. Some even go as far as saying that promoting a character from a recent game doesn't make any sense unless they are from a new IP like the Inklings.
Not to mention that Fire Emblem representation in Smash previously skipped over the Sacred Stones and Pokemon's representation is sporadic (Only 3 Pokemon not in Gen 1 out of 8)

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Amen to that.

I know that there's a Kirby series social forum here, as it was mentioned in the Bandana Waddle Dee thread at one point, and agreed that if BWD doesn't make it, we've at least got that until the next game rolls around. Is there a similar thing that could work for Daisy?
The Rosalina Social Thread.

I actually don't know....as the Waluigi thread is buried deep now...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, the Krusty gag had ran its course. Can't believe that I'm scraping at the bottom of my clown shoe for these cheap reactions. Those bozos ought to know of a quality ballot choice when they see one since this princess is no Donald Trump unlike that reckless Funtendo Zii flinging blue man whatchamacallit. Guess we might as well call ourselves the Lionel Hutz of the group since we're all washed ashore like whales unlike the more healthier ballot choices like that K. Ent Roolman guy who garnered Burns levels of support over the years.

*drinks champagne bottle from Mario Kart*

You see, this is what happens when we don't have a valuable topic to talk about regarding our leader. It's like the lack of information on the things she's involved in is making us more stumped than Mr. Teenie on a bad break. Oh Mr. Nintendo President, please give us another trailer of that fantastic Mario game with Daisy, even if it's one from that crappy Mario Ultra Tennis thinkamajig.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
AzureWarrior, how dare you make Simpsons references for no reason! That's it you're grounded for 78,500 years! Go to your room now, and I will put nappies on you later!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
AzureWarrior, how dare you make Simpsons references for no reason! That's it you're grounded for 78,500 years! Go to your room now, and I will put nappies on you later!

With that out of my system, Miyamoto did recently say that he want their Nintendo IP's to expand to TV shows and movies in the future. Considering how things went in the past, we can hope for them to find some quality directors to work with so that their resulting works can't become another "Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures". Chances are that they would want to start with making a Mario cartoon that they have full control over unlike the DiC animated shows of the past and it will rely less on pointless pop culture references.

Would you like for this show to be in 3D animation like Sonic Boom or 2D animated like Disney's recent animated shows? And if there are a few minor Mario characters (including the spinoff duo), who would you like to appear in it?

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Hey, @Chromfirmed PM'ed me this morning and asked to say hello to all of you on his behalf, he also requested me to ask those of you who have a DeviantArt account to ask this artist:http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/Peachy-559512663, if they could make a fan art of her as art of that quality would really help, or at the very least ask if he/she doesn't have plans to draw Daisy, and as for a Mario Bros show, as long as my favorite characters are there(Daisy including of course), I'm okay with it.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Hey, @Chromfirmed PM'ed me this morning and asked to say hello to all of you on his behalf, he also requested me to ask those of you who have a DeviantArt account to ask this artist:http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/Peachy-559512663, if they could make a fan art of her as art of that quality would really help, or at the very least ask if he/she doesn't have plans to draw Daisy, and as for a Mario Bros show, as long as my favorite characters are there(Daisy including of course), I'm okay with it.
I've been meaning to suggest that myself. I just sent out a notice to the artist.

HanAmes

Smash Ace

With that out of my system, Miyamoto did recently say that he want their Nintendo IP's to expand to TV shows and movies in the future. Considering how things went in the past, we can hope for them to find some quality directors to work with so that their resulting works can't become another "Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures". Chances are that they would want to start with making a Mario cartoon that they have full control over unlike the DiC animated shows of the past and it will rely less on pointless pop culture references.

Would you like for this show to be in 3D animation like Sonic Boom or 2D animated like Disney's recent animated shows? And if there are a few minor Mario characters (including the spinoff duo), who would you like to appear in it?
Unfortunately, there's no Captain Lou Albano or Danny Wells this time around. It just brings back precious memories.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The way is Nintendo fans get excited for DLC is a refreshing contrast to the cynicism of DLC in other communities at least.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I'd rather it be in 3D.

Top Bottom