• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I'm not into amiibo. Some of them look tacky to me....
I can see that being an issue, when they are much more smaller and less super detailed than say your average Japanese figmas like Nendoroids.

Some are found to suffer from scratches and other minor issues due to mass production like most toys. That's why I look at the large selection of them to see which are the more professional looking (A method my GF taught me before I went into shopping for them). Then there are the Amiibo that suffer from derp faces (Marth and Dedede) or too many plastic stands/butt stands (Olimar and Shulk).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That's a lot of Amiibo, I only have two at the moment but that's mainly because I only get amiibos to customize. I'm going to eventually turn my Samus into a yellow Halo spartan and Peach is going to be fire flower colored. But they're so small, I'm afraid I'll mess up painting them...
I'm looking for several villagers and a few toon links right now, they seem like they're the easiest to customize and I already have some designs drawn up.

But if they made a Daisy one, she'd be the only uncustomized one in my collection.
Oh wow, cool! I'd love to see some pictures once you get them customised, if that's alright. :bee:

or too many plastic stands/butt stands (Olimar and Shulk).
Surely the Super Smah Bros. Series Captain Falcon and Luigi are the canonical examples of this?

I've seen the Captain Falcon one described as looking like he's "sharting an acrylic rod", and the stupid look of the Smash Luigi - which, to be fair, would still be an issue even without that notorious stand - is why I have the Super Mario Series Luigi instead. :laugh:

Also, I had no idea that the Dedede Amiibos are among those that can end up with derpy faces... I'm sure we're all well aware of Marth, though!

(Not mine. I borrowed it from someone's signature because it's hilarious.)

Last edited:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Speaking of amiibo, I think I saw a Rosalina amiibo at a downtown game shop here, I think the price was just 10-15$, but I am not onto amiibo either.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Want a proper example of Dedede's face? Then tell me what you think of this image. :p

But that's just the differently-painted* prototype. The angle's certainly odd, but the face doesn't look much different to any of the mass-produced ones. :p

*Alas, they dropped the gold-effect paint on his crown in favour of applying a pearlised effect to the white trim on his robe for the final product. I wasn't sure why until I tried to photograph it once, and found that in certain lighting, the pearlised paint on the robe trim makes it look fuzzy when photographed!

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, cool! I'd love to see some pictures once you get them customised, if that's alright. :bee:
I'd love to show you pictures when I get them painted. It might be a while because like I said before, I don't want to mess them up, especially Samus since I had to import her from the UK for like $25.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
I can see that being an issue, when they are much more smaller and less super detailed than say your average Japanese figmas like Nendoroids.

Some are found to suffer from scratches and other minor issues due to mass production like most toys. That's why I look at the large selection of them to see which are the more professional looking (A method my GF taught me before I went into shopping for them). Then there are the Amiibo that suffer from derp faces (Marth and Dedede) or too many plastic stands/butt stands (Olimar and Shulk).
I personally think the smaller the figure, the cooler/cuter it is. Bigger ones seem tackier to me. But I guess it's true that a lot of them look derpy.

It would be cool if Daisy got into Smash in her sports outfit or her striker armor. That way, she'd get her own amiibo!! Currently all of the Daisy merchandise and toys are in her dress (one of my least favorite of her outfits), so it would be nice to get a sports/striker Daisy figure for a change.

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I haven't bought any amiibo. Because doesn't convince me.
I'd like to have Daisy and Chrom as amiibos, the latter has no chance (for the moment, up to smash 5).
I won't wait forever until Nintendo wants to respect my favorite characters.

Finally, Nintendo each time I like least, I think the last game that I will buy it is: Fire Emblem Fates.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
But the whole Nintendo community seems to hate her... I asked the moderators of the Nintendo subreddit but they replied that Daisy is a Peach recolour and refused to even give her a flair.
We could say the same about Rosalina...
Daisy is....

121st.
I can't believe this. I thought she has pretty good chances and that she would be the 1st female. But she far from... The problem is that none of them are as worthy.

Last edited:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
This thread needs more Daisy. So I drew this:

Whoa, I did not expect that to look so big on here... hehehe sorry.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can't believe this. I thought she has pretty good chances and that she would be the 1st female. But she far from... The problem is that none of them are as worthy. The only one that comes close would be Shantae.
The poll was shared to Gamefaqs and Reddit. That alone speaks for itself.

Plus the poll only reflects how much you want a character as opposed to fully reflecting the ballot votes itself. Let's be honest, there's no way in hell that characters like Medusa (who is the least relevant Kid Icarus character in Uprising) and Fiora (who's support was dead until PXZ2 happened) have more votes than Daisy.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice

Plus the poll only reflects how much you want a character as opposed to fully reflecting the ballot votes itself. Let's be honest, there's no way in hell that characters like Medusa (who is the least relevant Kid Icarus character in Uprising) and Fiora (who's support was dead until PXZ2 happened) have more votes than Daisy.
Ok thanks for clearing that up. :)

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace

Whew...! I can finally breathe easily again...thanks a bunch!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Glad to help, most of the Top 40 characters themselves are either questionable or lets you know that not many people even voted for that character in the real ballot.

Everyone is tired of having more KIU content in Smash to the point where you rarely see anyone with characters like Hades or Medusa on their ballot wishlists. And most Wario fans are worried about Wario being more like his Wario Land self as opposed to voting for another character. The only Assist Trophies that should have a lot of votes are Waluigi and Ashley, while the rest of them (including Takamaru) died since their AT reveal happened. Most of the high voting third parties are pretty sketchy too, Black Mage being the biggest offender since not many people were adamant on voting for him as much as Raymsn or Snake during the ballot's run.

So the poll only gives us an idea of what characters the community would be OK with as opposed to showing us who has the most ballot votes. I doubt that even the most sane Smash fan would want to vote for Reckless Saftey Wiimote Man or Jumpman.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Glad to help, most of the Top 40 characters themselves are either questionable or lets you know that not many people even voted for that character in the real ballot.

Everyone is tired of having more KIU content in Smash to the point where you rarely see anyone with characters like Hades or Medusa on their ballot wishlists. And most Wario fans are worried about Wario being more like his Wario Land self as opposed to voting for another character. The only Assist Trophies that should have a lot of votes are Waluigi and Ashley, while the rest of them (including Takamaru) died since their AT reveal happened. Most of the high voting third parties are pretty sketchy too, Black Mage being the biggest offender since not many people were adamant on voting for him as much as Raymsn or Snake during the ballot's run.

So the poll only gives us an idea of what characters the community would be OK with as opposed to showing us who has the most ballot votes. I doubt that even the most sane Smash fan would want to vote for Reckless Saftey Wiimote Man or Jumpman.
Some of the top choices are just troll characters, yeah, clearly not all there.

D

Deleted member

That's a lot of Amiibo, I only have two at the moment but that's mainly because I only get amiibos to customize. I'm going to eventually turn my Samus into a yellow Halo spartan and Peach is going to be fire flower colored. But they're so small, I'm afraid I'll mess up painting them...
I'm looking for several villagers and a few toon links right now, they seem like they're the easiest to customize and I already have some designs drawn up.

But if they made a Daisy one, she'd be the only uncustomized one in my collection.
I used to customize some of the 2" Goldie Mario figurines. Did some power-up versions and alternate Yoshi colors mostly, but I don't think I'll ever try to customize an amiibo (they're pricier, anyway).
Also, I would definitely buy a Daisy amiibo.

Can't wait for the Mewtwo one though...know what I'm sayin

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Here's something I don't think a lot of people know.

Daisy's sports outfit is unique to her and is technically her main outfit! Explanation below.

Daisy would fit in Smash way better in her sports clothing and it would make more sense. Before you say "No, she'd be wearing her dress," well Wario wears his biker clothing. Sure, it's because he is representing his WarioWare inc series, but then again, so would Daisy. She'd mostly use sports attacks and represent the Mario sports, games, which she only appears in her sports outfit. Daisy is only in her dress in Mario Party and Mario Kart as well as a few minor games like Fortune Street. Every other game, she is literally in her sports outfit. Even if you check MarioWiki, it tells you that a majority of Daisy's appearances are in her sports clothes, and there are less games with her in the dress. Thus, she'd wear her sports outfit to represent the sports games and her sporty moves, and also because it's the outfit she wears for a majority of the time.

And before people say "Daisy's sports outfit isn't unique to her, since Peach has the same one, too!"
Actually, it is unique to her, separate from Peach. The very first sports game with the princesses' current designs (Mario Golf Toadstool Tour) features Peach in her skirt, and Daisy in her booty shorts. Peach had worn a skirt while Daisy wore the booty shorts. This same instance also happened in Mario Power Tennis. Sadly in newer games they gave Peach shorts just like Daisy, and in even more recent games they give them both skirts. But if you think about it, Daisy is the original wearer of the sports outfit with shorts, so it's unique to her. I wish they would continue to use the Peach skirt and Daisy short contrast in future games instead of giving them the same outfit in the same game.

My hope for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is that Daisy will wear shorts, not the skirt, since Peach had already been shown wearing the skirt in previews. Sadly, in the upcoming Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 game promo, Peach is shown in her sports shorts... :( This is probably my least favorite of Peach's outfits, as it makes her wear the same thing as Daisy. I like the skirt on her better, while Daisy looks nicer to me in the shorts.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Here's something I don't think a lot of people know.

Daisy's sports outfit is unique to her and is technically her main outfit! Explanation below.

Daisy would fit in Smash way better in her sports clothing and it would make more sense. Before you say "No, she'd be wearing her dress," well Wario wears his biker clothing. Sure, it's because he is representing his WarioWare inc series, but then again, so would Daisy. She'd mostly use sports attacks and represent the Mario sports, games, which she only appears in her sports outfit. Daisy is only in her dress in Mario Party and Mario Kart as well as a few minor games like Fortune Street. Every other game, she is literally in her sports outfit. Even if you check MarioWiki, it tells you that a majority of Daisy's appearances are in her sports clothes, and there are less games with her in the dress. Thus, she'd wear her sports outfit to represent the sports games and her sporty moves, and also because it's the outfit she wears for a majority of the time.

And before people say "Daisy's sports outfit isn't unique to her, since Peach has the same one, too!"
Actually, it is unique to her, separate from Peach. The very first sports game with the princesses' current designs (Mario Golf Toadstool Tour) features Peach in her skirt, and Daisy in her booty shorts. Peach had worn a skirt while Daisy wore the booty shorts. This same instance also happened in Mario Power Tennis. Sadly in newer games they gave Peach shorts just like Daisy, and in even more recent games they give them both skirts. But if you think about it, Daisy is the original wearer of the sports outfit with shorts, so it's unique to her. I wish they would continue to use the Peach skirt and Daisy short contrast in future games instead of giving them the same outfit in the same game.

My hope for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is that Daisy will wear shorts, not the skirt, since Peach had already been shown wearing the skirt in previews. Sadly, in the upcoming Mario and Sonic Rio 2016 game promo, Peach is shown in her sports shorts... :( This is probably my least favorite of Peach's outfits, as it makes her wear the same thing as Daisy. I like the skirt on her better, while Daisy looks nicer to me in the shorts.
You definitely have a point. If both characters wore the same outfit, that's just an incentive for them to be called clones; even though I've stressed this enough until I'm blue in the face, I find the notion that Peach and Daisy are clones to be rather erroneous and quite frankly, absurd.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I decided to contribute to the Daisy celebration that RC Walu RC Walu kicked off with a sketch!

This is called "Not all Royals are Pretty in Pink". Since Dedede and Daisy are both pretty atypical for fictional royalty, I liked the idea of the two of them goofing around like this, and totally going against the prissy pretty pink stereotype that fictional royalty tends to get landed with. :laugh:

This was the first time I've ever drawn Daisy at all, so she looks a bit awkward, but I'm pretty happy with it, considering that it was a quick piece.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Technically a Quarter is equal to 25 coins, can I pay with that?
Sure you can. *in a southern voice* All are welcome, all are welcome.

(In the Mario universe, I've always thought that coins were the equivalent of dollars. Though the idea of paying 5 dollars for a dolphin ride in Mario Party 8 seems ridiculous).

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That is adorable. I love it! <3
Thanks very much! :grin:

I would've liked to have gone with a game-accurate scale (Dedede is actually only sixteen inches tall, as is the norm for Little Blue Penguins), but I thought that the Smash one worked better for the idea of a goofball Polaroid sort of thing.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Thank you! I used a picture of Daisy I found on the Mario Wiki as a reference and had to trace one of the hands from it because hands are hard.
Ahh okay okay.XD Thats definitely NOT an easy style to pull off no matter what.;D It can either look like a wack, stale, flash cartoon cut-out...

or* something that would go well on a white backround on a cute purse or lunch box or something, which is the vibe i get. =) Just sayn...lol im so bad at compliments haha.

-----

Also ballot's over. But I definitely voted for my homie Daisy more than once! Good luck to us all. xD

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I think both Waluigi and Daisy would make for interesting reps for Mario Spinoffs, even if they were made to be counter-parts of Luigi and Peach (I prefer Waluigi, but Daisy is more likely).

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Also ballot's over. But I definitely voted for my homie Daisy more than once! Good luck to us all. xD
I voted for Daisy so many times that I ran out of good things to put down for the reason I want her in and started putting in "joke" reasons.
My favorite ones were: "I will literally cry if you don't put her in." "pls pls pls pls pls pls pls" and "I already made fake leaks, don't make me a liar."

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I haven't visited the thread in a while. How's everyone? And how high are your hopes?

:231:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I haven't visited the thread in a while. How's everyone? And how high are your hopes?

:231:
To tell you the truth, I'm a little pessimistic myself, but seeing others' optimism in this thread can definitely give me hope. I really don't wanna get my hopes up, but after doing our part in all of this, all I can say is that rather she makes it in or not, I will never give up on her...NEVER!!:mad:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
I hear rumors of the next Smash DLC character being revealed next week. Nintendo, if Daisy is revealed as the next character then I will name my first born child after her, even if it's a boy.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Well Challenger Approaching shared the results of their poll!

The good news is that Daisy's on it!

The bad news is that they think she's not worthy until she appears in another platformer...

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
Well Challenger Approaching shared the results of their poll!

The good news is that Daisy's on it!

The bad news is that they think she's not worthy until she appears in another platformer...
Like Nintendo is going to put Daisy in another platformer, they're too busy putting Rosalina in all the games...

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
After losing 500 karma from that topic yesterday (every pro Daisy comment got downvoted to hell), I'm going to do something CREATIVE!

The first step would be revamping my signature! Uh...how do I make a good signature?

Mr. Oshawott

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps this Mario Kart 8 video of Daisy racing in her Circuit Special will brighten the mood? :)

This thread needs more Daisy. So I drew this:
Whoa, I did not expect that to look so big on here... hehehe sorry.
Excellent drawing of our Sunset Princess. :)

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Who needs Smash Bros when you can have Mushroom Kingdom Kombat!

Here is the totally unofficial press release!
CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!

Mushroom Kombat returns with twice the warriors, twice the action, and twice the kombat! 36 mighty fighters hailing from the Mushroom Kingdom and it's neighboring realms are ready to slash, pound and incinerate their way to victory.
The kombatants include:
Mario - mightiest hero of the Mushroom Kingdom with a flaming palm
Luigi - More agile brother of Mario
Toad - The loyal guardian of the Princess
Yoshi - Virtuous reptilian steed with endless hunger
Peach - The lithe, deadly princess of the Realm
Daisy - The powerful princess of the Sarasarealm
Rosalina - Galactic princess and master of the shuriken (the shooting star)
Pauline - Assassin from Brooklyn
Toadette - A young warrior in training
Bowser - The wise elder lord of the dark realm
Ludwig - Second in command to lord Bowser, count of the Koopas
Larry - Sly and sneaky assassin who fights dirty
Roy - A powerhouse with an attitude and a mastery of sumo
Lemmy - Young but powerful Koopa with a magical orb
Wendy - The self-centered, dual sword weilding ninja
Iggy - A strange and frantic fighter
Morton - A solid brute with a mighty mace
Kamek - Main sorcerer of the Koopas and most powerful magician around
Lakitu - Mighty Wind God who watches over the realm
Donkey Kong - The most savage beast ever
Diddy - A gun slinging ally of Donkey Kong
Wart - A wise old warlord from the clouds above
Mouser - A bomb-crazy menace who works for Wart
Birdo - A wicked reptilian beast with a deadly mouth
Toadsworth - The eldest master in the Mushroom Army
Geno - A mysterious yet virtuous magician from the stars above
Hammer Brother - A menacing soldier weilding a massive war hammer
Wario - The mightiest brute in the realm and a master bandit
Waluigi - A sneaky and mighty warrior
Mona - One of Wario's closest allies. A master of baton kombat
Jimmy T. - A kung fu enthusiasts with excellent fighting rhythm
Ashley - A powerful sorceress of the dark realm
Kat - A mighty and nimble young ninja
Ana - The sister of Kat
Young Cricket - An aspiring kung fu warrior with lightning fast moves
Master Mantis - Cricket's mentor and a noble old warlord
Who will emerge champion of the Mushroom Realm?

Last edited:
Top Bottom