• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yeah, I like Daisy for who she is, why so many people hate her is strange. Look at Waluigi, he's not unique at all and hasn't contributed to the franchise at all, but yet people still like him?
Waluigi got a massive popularity boost from Brawl in the Family.

Waluigi's concept is hardly unique, but his design goes rather well with trolly videos, memes and those. Most of Waluigi's memes make him a comic character (TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME), while HI I'M DAISY puts Daisy in a negative light. Yeah.

If a popular Webcomic like BitF could pick up on Daisy, we might see a similar rise.

:231:

Last edited:

Comorant

Smash Cadet
Daisy doesn't have a clone, I think we've established that easily. Heck, after Phoenix Wright got into MvC3 I'd argue ANYONE can work as a fighting game character if given the effort. The thing is that she doesn't really have anything to set her apart that is hers and hers alone. Make her the Spin-Off rep? You could do that just as easy with Waluigi who fits into a pretty similar role, if not more in that he's exclusively a spin-off character and somewhat self aware of that.

Personality-wise? Doesn't bring much either. She's supposed to be the sassy princess but Smash makes a lot of the cast more prone to flaunting and showboating. Peach in particular is WAY sassier than her canon appearances, and Rosa has her moments too. The whole "she's a tomboy because she plays sports" thing is also kinda weak when every resident in the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be incredibly athletic, including Toad of all people who can't even reach a basketball hoop. Even Peach shows shades of it through her forward Smash, and you can't get more athletic than the Wii Fit Trainer.

To really sum it up, for Daisy to ever have a shot she'd need to do something unique that NOBODY else can do. She needs to have some kind of bigger appearance, like a Mario RPG where personality pours out of the cast. Smash is not a proving ground for minor characters to get big, it's a celebration of characters who are loved, or historic, or have recognition. Until the Mario Spin-Off characters get a bigger break than being identical in stats to X and Y other character, the odds are unfavorable. Honestly If they were to either distinguish Daisy significantly or play off her status as a second banana and make her really salty and bitter about it she could go from C list to having a cult following like Waluigi.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Cute intro and funny usage of clips (unlike a certain crazy Daisy fanboy). The video is a nice way of warning her fans that they have one last shot to make it or break it with these votes. That Etika part though. :laugh:

I seriously need to think about subscribing to you soon since your editing is fantastic. And of course you will be rewarded with a like for your efforts, plus using my edit at the end. :laugh:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Daisy doesn't have a clone, I think we've established that easily. Heck, after Phoenix Wright got into MvC3 I'd argue ANYONE can work as a fighting game character if given the effort. The thing is that she doesn't really have anything to set her apart that is hers and hers alone. Make her the Spin-Off rep? You could do that just as easy with Waluigi who fits into a pretty similar role, if not more in that he's exclusively a spin-off character and somewhat self aware of that.

Personality-wise? Doesn't bring much either. She's supposed to be the sassy princess but Smash makes a lot of the cast more prone to flaunting and showboating. Peach in particular is WAY sassier than her canon appearances, and Rosa has her moments too. The whole "she's a tomboy because she plays sports" thing is also kinda weak when every resident in the Mushroom Kingdom seems to be incredibly athletic, including Toad of all people who can't even reach a basketball hoop. Even Peach shows shades of it through her forward Smash, and you can't get more athletic than the Wii Fit Trainer.

To really sum it up, for Daisy to ever have a shot she'd need to do something unique that NOBODY else can do. She needs to have some kind of bigger appearance, like a Mario RPG where personality pours out of the cast. Smash is not a proving ground for minor characters to get big, it's a celebration of characters who are loved, or historic, or have recognition. Until the Mario Spin-Off characters get a bigger break than being identical in stats to X and Y other character, the odds are unfavorable. Honestly If they were to either distinguish Daisy significantly or play off her status as a second banana and make her really salty and bitter about it she could go from C list to having a cult following like Waluigi.
I totally agree. Before the ballot, and even before Sm4sh, I always resided on the notion that it was simply not Daisy's time, yet. Back then, I believed that she needed to be in a main game, or even star in her own game to make her mark in history like so many other Mario characters have. If she accomplished that, then maybe people would look at her in a different light, and who knows, might even be considered for Smash. In the end, though, it's Nintendo's call. And just maybe if us Daisy fans give them the right push, then Daisy would probably have a bright future. IMO, she already has a foundation of a unique personality to work with, but it's up to Nintendo to take care of the rest and in the eyes of many fans, make her more unique from Peach and Rosalina.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Waluigi's concept is hardly unique, but his design goes rather well with trolly videos, memes and those. Most of Waluigi's memes make him a comic character (TOO BAD. WALUIGI TIME), while HI I'M DAISY puts Daisy in a negative light. Yeah.

If a popular Webcomic like BitF could pick up on Daisy, we might see a similar rise.

I remember seeing videos about how Daisy is underappreciated and how Rosalina is in the spotlight. They're actally kind of sad.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

The problem is Nintendo doesn't want to do anything about it.

KeyFortune

Smash Apprentice
So since there are only 7 days left in the ballot, I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone and myself. Let's hope we get the princess of Sarassaland in Smash Bros. ;)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So since there are only 7 days left in the ballot, I just thought I'd say good luck to everyone and myself. Let's hope we get the princess of Sarassaland in Smash Bros. ;)
Let's just hope we have a normal field trip for once.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just found this gem on the **** Yeah Controversial Characters blog, one dedicated to describing reasons why certain characters are hated and having users submit defenses to debunk these "reasons". It's actually kind of nice how this particular defense was made a week before the ballot ends while many other Daisy defenses were much older by three years (knowing that she instantly comes to mind when it comes to controversial characters).

http://fyeahcontroversialcharacters...-the-smash-ballots-are-coming-to-an-end#notes

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Just found this gem on the **** Yeah Controversial Characters blog, one dedicated to describing reasons why certain characters are hated and having users submit defenses to debunk these "reasons". It's actually kind of nice how this particular defense was made a week before the ballot ends while many other Daisy defenses were much older by three years (knowing that she instantly comes to mind when it comes to controversial characters).

http://fyeahcontroversialcharacters...-the-smash-ballots-are-coming-to-an-end#notes
Heh, Kirito.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Smash is not a proving ground for minor characters to get big,
Err...the Fire Emblem cast?

And it's not like Daisy is an incredibly minor, one-shot character either. You say that she's an recurring spin-off only character...who else besides Waluigi could claim that? And Daisy could easily have a theme (Sporty Flower Princess, three words) that sets her apart. Not all Smash moves are strictly canon. Case in point, nearly all of the Smash cast.

Many minor characters have been pushed into the spotlight thanks to Smash. Daisy's chances in appearing in a main game would shoot right up if she got in. Look at Mario Maker excluding her for Smash characters!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

I...LOVED reading this. I REALLY did.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I...LOVED reading this. I REALLY did.
I'm glad you've enjoyed it. Many of the defense submissions would be well written by people who are real fans of a certain media and the way they debunk these hate reasons easily show how much they care for the series. I was able to defend the Deadly Six one time since I felt the hate for those six colorful Zeti were pretty unjustified, especially when they blame them for why Sonic Lost World was a flawed game.

It's just one of the few blogs I actually follow since you are bound to see some intelligent posts from fans who aren't all about hating and enjoy a series for what it is regardless of certain characters. Just wish it were the same for the Mario fandom being overblown with this condemnation of Daisy everywhere.

Laniv

Smash Champion

I've been saying this for months now!

When Waluigi is loud, people laugh and cheer about how hilaious he is.

When Daisy is loud, people deride her for being a "Peach clone" and jeer about how irritating she is.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I've been saying this for months now!

When Waluigi is loud, people laugh and cheer about how hilaious he is.

When Daisy is loud, people deride her for being a "Peach clone" and jeer about how irritating she is.
It's called double standards, and as @Lord-Zero pointed out, the internet loves to hate things and overrate others.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3

Say what you want to say about Michaelllol, but this is seriously impressive.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like Cia's got some competition in the form of a Justin Beiber doppelgänger that loves Daisy like she's a God. :troll:

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace

That is quite cool and adorable, but the full image isn't really shown that nicely. I think it would look nicer and to get the full effect he should sort of cut out the excess image boarders of them holding it, like show more of the actual Daisy picture and less of them holding it. But still, it's quite impressive.

I'm HoneyAngel999 on gamefaqs, by the way. lmao

HanAmes

Smash Ace
That is quite cool and adorable, but the full image isn't really shown that nicely. I think it would look nicer and to get the full effect he should sort of cut out the excess image boarders of them holding it, like show more of the actual Daisy picture and less of them holding it. But still, it's quite impressive.

I'm HoneyAngel999 on gamefaqs, by the way. lmao
Do you post there frequently?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes she does. I've seen a lot of posts of hers on any Gamefaqs topic that has to do with Daisy. So she's more or less trolling just to teach her hivemind haters a lesson (which barely works knowing how many Daisy haters inhabit that community).

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Yes she does. I've seen a lot of posts of hers on any Gamefaqs topic that has to do with Daisy. So she's more or less trolling just to teach her hivemind haters a lesson (which barely works knowing how many Daisy haters inhabit that community).
And we all know who is to blame for that.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Wow...Hey, wait a minute. He went to Japan a while back, right? If he did...OMG, don't tell me all of THIS was done there. If it was...Damn..I...REALLY have to (begrudgingly) give the guy credit. Also, if this IS Japan, at least we can see Princess Daisy DOES still have strong(-ish) support there.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Ugh, what an infestation that site is...I'm almost tempted in lending her a helping hand, but there are times where I don't know what to say, because to me, posting there is like talking to a brick wall. People like them will never understand.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Just finished watching how Chrom and Lucina play in Project X-Zone 2 and why Sakurai thought Chrom would end up being an Ike clone is beyond me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just finished watching how Chrom and Lucina play in Project X-Zone 2 and why Sakurai thought Chrom would end up being an Ike clone is beyond me.
It's because Robin screams more potential being a magic user while Chrom only has the lance thing going for him (even if we were to take into account his Exhalted Falchion). While I wouldn't mind the idea of a playable Chrom, it's just the idea of a playable Avatar that really made for an interesting playstyle.

The tome usage staying true to Fire Emblems limited uses, the use of reoccurring spells like Nosferatu and Elthunder, using more that two different types of swords (Levin and Bronze respectively), and the Pair Up attack as a Final Smash. If only transformations weren't hard to code on the the 3DS version, then I would have liked the idea of Chrom and Robin being a switchable team.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, What is Princess Daisy was in Project X Zone?:rotfl:
No, we were simply discussing how Robin would be picked over Chrom for the latter being a boring swordsmen when PXZ2 actually went out of their way to make him unique. Both characters are actually good based on their own emits since they played a role in the game's story, but Robin outshines him in terms of plot importance and variety.

Neeeeeeh? This thread is all about Daisy and we should keep in that way until further notice. Though Mario characters in Project X Zone would be fun if it weren't for their hatred against cartoony characters.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
No, we were simply discussing how Robin would be picked over Chrom for the latter being a boring swordsmen when PXZ2 actually went out of their way to make him unique. Both characters are actually good based on their own emits since they played a role in the game's story, but Robin outshines him in terms of plot importance and variety.

Neeeeeeh? This thread is all about Daisy and we should keep in that way until further notice. h Mario characters in Project X Zone would be fun if it weren't for their hatred against cartoony characters.
I'm wonder exactly which Nintendo series has characters that can fit in the Project X Zone (anime-style and realistic).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm wonder exactly which Nintendo series has characters that can fit in the Project X Zone (anime-style and realistic).
Few universes, mostly due to how niche they are. The semi popular ones I can name off the top of my head include Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, and Fatal Frame. The more obscure ones that can fit however can be series like Disaster: Day of Crisis, The Last Story, Famicom Tantei Club (which almost a Bayonetta 2 costume mind you), Zangeki no Regenliev, Pandora's Tower, Eternal Darkness, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Sin & Punishment, and Soma Bringer

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yes I do, but I like to troll people by posting very unnecessarily sexual and unbelievably random comments about Daisy such as "Daisy WILL be DLC. She WILL. She WILL be DLC while wearing her sports outfit. Also, she is very thick, and weighs more than Peach and Rosalina."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes I do, but I like to troll people by posting very unnecessarily sexual and unbelievably random comments about Daisy such as "Daisy WILL be DLC. She WILL. She WILL be DLC while wearing her sports outfit. Also, she is very thick, and weighs more than Peach and Rosalina."
Reminds me of Helmslock's "Hey *****es, vote for Bandanna Dee because he's got the biggest Dee" posts on YouTube. Too bad he stopped posting them since the Bandanna Dee community suggested he ought to go G with his Waddle Propaganda. :laugh:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Neeeeeeh? This thread is all about Daisy and we should keep in that way until further notice. Though Mario characters in Project X Zone would be fun if it weren't for their hatred against cartoony characters.
Few universes, mostly due to how niche they are. The semi popular ones I can name off the top of my head include Golden Sun, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, and Fatal Frame. The more obscure ones that can fit however can be series like Disaster: Day of Crisis, The Last Story, Famicom Tantei Club (which almost a Bayonetta 2 costume mind you), Zangeki no Regenliev, Pandora's Tower, Eternal Darkness, The Mysterious Murasame Castle, Sin & Punishment, and Soma Bringer
Sorry, what I meant to say was what "IF" she was in PXZ2? Still, GOD-TIER choices you got there for PXZ2, man!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry, what I meant to say was what "IF" she was in PXZ2? Still, GOD-TIER choices you got there for PXZ2, man!
I've got what you were saying since the beginning. Just jokingly pretending to steer things in the right direction while being in character with the snot nosed slob in my avatar (You would have to be up to date on One Piece to know who he is). Daisy in that game would be hysterical because of the possible uproar it would cause in the community :laugh:

Thanks a lot, my friend. I've been looking into most of these franchises before Project X Zone 2 was announced to see which ones would fit the universe. Several of them are more likelier than others, but they all fit the semi-realistic tone of these frenzied games. My dream team would have been Takamaru and Saki Amimiya as Pair Units with Ayumi as a Solo Unit with comical attacks. Though another idea in mind would have been Samus with Sami (Two strong women with powerful weapons and military experience) with Captain Falcon as a powerful Solo Unit.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
In regards to weight, Peach: probably, but Rosie: I kinda find it hard to believe.

As a Daisy fan, I'd probably poke fun at Rosalina, and just see their reaction.
magical_space_princess_by_aetherprincess-d8q5gfi.png
Even though Rosie happens to be my second favorite Mario gal.
Reminds me of Helmslock's "Hey *****es, vote for Bandanna Dee because he's got the biggest Dee" posts on YouTube. Too bad he stopped posting them since the Bandanna Dee community suggested he ought to go G with his Waddle Propaganda. :laugh:
You know, I never really got the hype over Bandanna Dee. I'd honestly go for Knuckle Joe over Bandanna Dee.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I've got what you were saying since the beginning. Just jokingly pretending to steer things in the right direction while being in character with the snot nosed slob in my avatar (You would have to be up to date on One Piece to know who he is). Daisy in that game would be hysterical because of the possible uproar it would cause in the community :laugh:

Thanks a lot, my friend. I've been looking into most of these franchises before Project X Zone 2 was announced to see which ones would fit the universe. Several of them are more likelier than others, but they all fit the semi-realistic tone of these frenzied games. My dream team would have been Takamaru and Saki Amimiya as Pair Units with Ayumi as a Solo Unit with comical attacks. Though another idea in mind would have been Samus with Sami (Two strong women with powerful weapons and military experience) with Captain Falcon as a powerful Solo Unit.
Oh, I see. Oh, and I know who that guy in your avatar is. Trebol, from One Piece's Dressrosa story arc, right? Also, your ideas, again, are amazing to hear.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, I see. Oh, and I know who that guy in your avatar is. Trebol, from One Piece's Dressrosa story arc, right? Also, your ideas, again, are amazing to hear.
Beheheheheheheh! Correcto mundo.

And thanks for complimenting my ideas again. Whenever people are done predicting the DLC in that RTC thread, I can finally get back to nominating Lark again since they will probably end the thread in a week from now because of the ballot closing.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
The RTC is totally bias....

As an example, all evidence points towards Shovel Knight having a high chance, but he's only rated at 17%.

King K Rool has that Mii costume going against him, but his chances are at >50%.

Actually, speaking of the RTC, I think Daisy is due for a rerate (Mario Maker...)

Top Bottom